Ramona Shelburne was on ESPN LA Radio today and I highlighted some key points below:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
BTW Lopez had 4 RPG and 1.3 BPG last season for us.

That's a terrible job anchoring the middle.

It's literally almost impossible to have a good defense if you don't have a good anchor and I believe the Lakers'defense was above average last year.

we were 25th in the league in points allowed.

no. 2 in rebounds but not because of Brook.

He was our 8th best rebounder last year.

8th.

It's called boxing out and Lopez was the only guy who did it. There's a reason team rebounding correlates with his presence.

Also lol at using points allowed instead of D RTG
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject:

In Milwaukee he is surely the main difference.

He is playing almost 30 mins a game.

Bucks became 1st from last in reb. ranking.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

It's literally almost impossible to have a good defense if you don't have a good anchor and I believe the Lakers'defense was above average last year.

8th.

It's called boxing out and Lopez was the only guy who did it. There's a reason team rebounding correlates with his presence.

We were 21st in defensive rating.

Your point?

HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
hype wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

8th.

Was about to reply that exact thought.. You see our current team and the majority of them never box out or if they do its half assed.. Lopez, a center who boxes out would have been great for us considering we have a good amount of solid rebounders outside of the center position. This is def. one of those cases where that guy did not watch games last season or at least not closely enough and is just basing the opinion purely on stats.

Plus, I dont think anyone is saying he was a DPOY candidate obviously but he was very far from terrible.

So do you attribute our success in rebounding to a center who rebounds 4 rpg and plays less than 25 mins?

If he was playing above 35mins he could have helped in the majority of the success but he was playing 23.4 mins per game and he is responsible for all the box outs?

Please.

Maybe if bleep Luke had played Brooke MORE than 25 min a game, Lakers would have been 1st in rebounding instead of 2nd???
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

In fact we improved in defensive rating this year up one ranking.

With all the injuries and drama we managed to improve in def. rating without Brook.

Last edited by Hero Ball on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
hype wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

8th.

Was about to reply that exact thought.. You see our current team and the majority of them never box out or if they do its half assed.. Lopez, a center who boxes out would have been great for us considering we have a good amount of solid rebounders outside of the center position. This is def. one of those cases where that guy did not watch games last season or at least not closely enough and is just basing the opinion purely on stats.

Plus, I dont think anyone is saying he was a DPOY candidate obviously but he was very far from terrible.

So do you attribute our success in rebounding to a center who rebounds 4 rpg and plays less than 25 mins?

If he was playing above 35mins he could have helped in the majority of the success but he was playing 23.4 mins per game and he is responsible for all the box outs?

Please.

Maybe if bleep Luke had played Brooke MORE than 25 min a game, Lakers would have been 1st in rebounding instead of 2nd???

The thing is we are averaging the same number of rebounds this year even without Brook's All NBA box outs.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
tox wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

8th.

Your point?

Except we were 12th
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:27 am    Post subject:

50% off thiss is on FO. Walton and Lebron split the other 50. Letting Lopez and Randle walk was obviously horrible and probably our doom.
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:45 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Pelinka = dead man walking

Magic aswell

I don't know. He's Magic, there is a statue of him. If anybody, Pelinka will take the fall. If Magic gets pushed out, it won't be a firing, it'll be a resignation and a speech about how he has so many business ventures that he cannot give the Lakers the time they deserve.

I expect Magic to resign if he doesn't sign another all star with all that cap space this summer.
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:07 am    Post subject:

There's just so many things wrong with the culture and the organization now, top to bottom, I just don't even know where to start. Every time they hit the media and try to save face it makes it seem even worse, like Sarah Huckabee trying to do damage control for Trump. I mean what is Magic gonna say on Jimmy Kimmel next time, like "hooo baby yeah showtime let me tell ya" and wow now that we've swept aside those idiots Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak with all their "championship rings" or whatever, now Magic and Barbie Buss can have total control.

Here's a case in point:

Why is Lonzo being "shut down" right now? I mean, for one thing he is not a consequential enough player to actually be "shut down." If you want to bench him, or keep him on IR, fine. I don't think anybody nationally really gives a ****. But leave aside the fact that this is now the second season in a row where he's been out virtually half the season again.

The point is, he sprained an ankle, and was projected to be clear to play two weeks ago. So he should definitely be good to go. Yes we are out of the playoffs, yes we are (hopefully) tanking or whatever, got it.

But aren't these exactly the type of garbage minutes and free no pressure gametime that Lonzo could totally benefit from? He could get out there and run with LEBRON JAMES for 15 games, in front of the Laker fans in Staples and elsewhere, make some plays, LEARN now when he has the chance, and who knows maybe have some fun and be part of something positive to make this season wind up on a happy note.

The fact that it was all "trade me to Phoenix" and Lamarr blah blah and then now he's shut down for the season... I mean wouldn't you expect more from a 21 year old basketball phenom or whatever? What reason could they possibly have for not letting or expecting him to get out there and play some games with Lebron, if nothing else then just for the fun of it, to say nothing of what could be learned or developed in that time.

This starts from the organization on down
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:40 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
tox wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

8th.

Your point?

Except we were 12th

Crowd going deaf from hearing the airball cue so much.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
tox wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
tox wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

8th.

Your point?

Except we were 12th

Crowd going deaf from hearing the airball cue so much.

My bad we were 13th last year.

14th this year...again without Brook.

His defense was replaceable.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Ramona Shelburne was on ESPN LA Radio today and I highlighted some key points below:

tox wrote:
RG73 wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:

Rob is super smart, from an IQ level, he's very smart.

They felt that Beasley had a similar skill set to be a small ball 5 as Julius Randle did.

These statements cannot both be true.....

I mean in fairness IQ does not mean you get roster construction or anything.

When I took my IQ test.... roster construction was at least a 1/3 of my test.

The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
tox wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

8th.

Your point?

Except we were 12th

Sorry, he's dyslexic.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject:

The Randle thing is by far the ost upsetting. They could've matched the offer. I've been saying this since they made the horrible move.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:31 am    Post subject:

The Randle thing is by far the most upsetting. They could've matched the offer. I've been saying this since they made the horrible move.
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
The Randle thing is by far the most upsetting. They could've matched the offer. I've been saying this since they made the horrible move.

It was frustrating because George had already said no. We were only getting Lebron, and end up letting our best player walk for nothing, when we clearly needed to be adding more talent - we let a talented piece leave.

However, we don't know what offer(s) Randle may have received if the Lakers still planned to match.

I think that's part of the problem. If the Lakers don't renounce his rights, someone probably offers him a larger contract and the Lakers get nervous about matching because it eats up the beloved cap room. (And after signing Lebron, they felt pretty confident that they would get someone else in '19).

However, what I never bought was the idea that Randle would have a limited role on this team, due to the addition of Lebron and that is why he wanted to leave.

If his role was going to be limited, it's because the FO is limited in its thinking.

They tried to hold him down last year, and he was still the best player on the team, playing only 50% of the game. They finally had to relent and let him play more minutes because the organization looked foolish.

Now, they look even more foolish.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
King Randle wrote:

It was frustrating because George had already said no. We were only getting Lebron, and end up letting our best player walk for nothing, when we clearly needed to be adding more talent - we let a talented piece leave.

However, we don't know what offer(s) Randle may have received if the Lakers still planned to match.

I think that's part of the problem. If the Lakers don't renounce his rights, someone probably offers him a larger contract and the Lakers get nervous about matching because it eats up the beloved cap room. (And after signing Lebron, they felt pretty confident that they would get someone else in '19).

However, what I never bought was the idea that Randle would have a limited role on this team, due to the addition of Lebron and that is why he wanted to leave.

If his role was going to be limited, it's because the FO is limited in its thinking.

They tried to hold him down last year, and he was still the best player on the team, playing only 50% of the game. They finally had to relent and let him play more minutes because the organization looked foolish.

Now, they look even more foolish.

No doubt...I support the FO and I think we'll have a good summer, but this move was inexcusable. Like you said he barely played 30 minutes in the 2nd half of the season (after barely playing the 1st half of the season) and still was their best player by far.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Pelinka is out of here... Magic has 1 more off season to prove his worth or he’s gone as well.

Anyone thinking Rob has anything to do with final decisions should seriously wake up. Everything Magic has said since day one shows he makes final choice. The scouting department wanted Fox magic wanted “a leader” and took ball. We all see Lonzo has no leadership about him. The Staff liked mitchell robinson, Magic took Wagner because he liked him at the pre draft the year before. The staff (guys who actually work with the players), wanted Randle and Brook back. Magic went against their wishes and signed Spongebob Beasley and Lance Stephenson while taking the Ball away from zo and Brandon and put it in the most ball dominant non shooting pg’s in the game. No sense was made here. Paul George wanted he Lakers, Magic decided to show love to Kawhi and put George on the back burner. Magic talked about our young core winning with Bron and proceeded to throw them ALL under the buss for AD which was then leaked. This is t even bringing up all his BS talks to the media and open recruitment of other teams players.

Magic has failed miserably. It’s time to let Rob have an opportunity, not just be Magic’s (the real Gm) wing man. Or promote Jesse Buss and Ryan West and see what they have.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
The Randle thing is by far the ost upsetting. They could've matched the offer. I've been saying this since they made the horrible move.

What part of RANDLE ASKED THE LAKERS TO LET HIM GO confuses you?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Pelinka = dead man walking

Magic aswell

I don't know. He's Magic, there is a statue of him. If anybody, Pelinka will take the fall. If Magic gets pushed out, it won't be a firing, it'll be a resignation and a speech about how he has so many business ventures that he cannot give the Lakers the time they deserve.

Exactly. You can't fire a beloved Laker legend, just wont happen.

It's more than his stature. There were major trust issues between Jeanie and the previous FO. Magic was handpicked by her for this reason.

Ever since the FO shakeup Jeanie, Magic and Pelinka have been touting the new collaborative environment so no one at this point should be claiming ignorance of anything that happens with the team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
King Randle wrote:

If BI or any other young guy asks to be let go, should we let them go?

Or do we use the team controlled rights under RFA to help navigate the process better?
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
King Randle wrote:

That request did not occur in a vacuum.

There are events that led up to that moment, that involved multiple parties. Conversations between him, the coaching staff, and the FO.

It's not as if JR just woke up one day and said, "let me go", and the FO obliged.

As an organization, the FO had the responsibility to maximize that asset, and they clearly failed at doing that.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
King Randle wrote:

That request did not occur in a vacuum.

There are events that led up to that moment, that involved multiple parties. Conversations between him, the coaching staff, and the FO.

It's not as if JR just woke up one day and said, "let me go", and the FO obliged.

As an organization, the FO had the responsibility to maximize that asset, and they clearly failed at doing that.

They tried to trade him - including to his hometown Mavs - but the best offer they got was a late 2nd rounder. Similarly, the Pels tried to move him this year - his CAREER YEAR - and found no takers.

Maybe you guys are overestimating his worth?
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
tox wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
tox wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

8th.

Your point?

Except we were 12th

Sorry, he's dyslexic.

Dyslexic Heart.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9
Jump to: