What would you do if you were drafted?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

go
report
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
dodge
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 14

Author Message
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 4471
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: What would you do if you were drafted?

fight or flight
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 84202
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject:

I’m on the other side of fifty. If I’m getting drafted, the enemy is at the gate.
_________________
I guess I just miss my friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 42825
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I’m on the other side of fifty. If I’m getting drafted, the enemy is at the gate.

_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 29077

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:28 am    Post subject:

I would inform them of my intent to transition to a woman.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 11451

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject:

I would like to think I'd go proudly but I'm not sure what I'll advise my son
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 4713

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:43 am    Post subject:

If I were drafted, I'd report to the Lakers training camp immediately.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 8649
Location: LA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject:

I'm not a Dodgers fan for no reason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 44048

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

The Raptors have a fun team.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 8649
Location: LA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
The Raptors have a fun team.


*laughs in Kawhi*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
999
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 19996

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

Depends on what and whom we are fighting for. If it’s for a just cause I would report. If it is to support fascism and Donald trump than most likely I would dodge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 11512

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

Universal Soldier
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ribeye
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2001
Posts: 9196

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

I would have gone if I was drafted in the early 70's. For awhile my 2S worked. The government then disallowed such a student deferment, so all I had left was luck. Lucky I was, as my lottery number was 282. Too many others were not. This bugs me sometimes but then sometimes luck was not on my side.

As an aside for those who might not know, Jimmy Carter used the pardon power wisely (and not for self-preservation) to grant the draft dodgers pardons for their crimes. The war had already taken far too great a toll on the country by then.
_________________
If ever there were a Mount Rushmore of liars, it would be Trump, Trump, Trump, and Trump.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 16731
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
The Raptors have a fun team.


Oh Canada, our home and native land...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2005
Posts: 10585

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

I am not owned by anyone, especially the state. They'd be foolish to ever entertain the notion that I'd be willing to fight their fight for them. Not a circumstance where I'd risk my life for the governments, or elites, express interests.
_________________
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 1742

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Depends on what and whom we are fighting for. If it’s for a just cause I would report. If it is to support fascism and Donald trump than most likely I would dodge


This. If we're being drafted to bully other nations, I ain't going. If a nation is threatening our country and/or coming to our shores with their military, I will most definitely join the cause to (bleep) them up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Apr 2001
Posts: 6719

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject:

I have "bone spurs".
_________________
“Properly read, the bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”
― Isaac Asimov
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 25319

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
999 wrote:
Depends on what and whom we are fighting for. If it’s for a just cause I would report. If it is to support fascism and Donald trump than most likely I would dodge


This. If we're being drafted to bully other nations, I ain't going. If a nation is threatening our country and/or coming to our shores with their military, I will most definitely join the cause to (bleep) them up.


What are your thoughts on, if a person were drafted and chose not to go, that they could then be arrested and put in prison for up to 5 years?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Posts: 15426

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

Nope
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 1742

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
999 wrote:
Depends on what and whom we are fighting for. If it’s for a just cause I would report. If it is to support fascism and Donald trump than most likely I would dodge


This. If we're being drafted to bully other nations, I ain't going. If a nation is threatening our country and/or coming to our shores with their military, I will most definitely join the cause to (bleep) them up.


What are your thoughts on, if a person were drafted and chose not to go, that they could then be arrested and put in prison for up to 5 years?


I mean it's a harsh punishment, and I did not agree with how the US gov't treated Ali. If it's for religious reasons or disability, I understand, but I don't really see another reason to not defend your country if it's under attack (other than the reasons stated above).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 29077

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
999 wrote:
Depends on what and whom we are fighting for. If it’s for a just cause I would report. If it is to support fascism and Donald trump than most likely I would dodge


This. If we're being drafted to bully other nations, I ain't going. If a nation is threatening our country and/or coming to our shores with their military, I will most definitely join the cause to (bleep) them up.


What are your thoughts on, if a person were drafted and chose not to go, that they could then be arrested and put in prison for up to 5 years?


I mean it's a harsh punishment, and I did not agree with how the US gov't treated Ali. If it's for religious reasons or disability, I understand, but I don't really see another reason to not defend your country if it's under attack (other than the reasons stated above).


What if your leader took the country to war under false pretenses, while lying to the American people? If you opted to fight and then later found that out, should that leader face a 5 year prison sentence or harsher?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ribeye
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2001
Posts: 9196

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
999 wrote:
Depends on what and whom we are fighting for. If it’s for a just cause I would report. If it is to support fascism and Donald trump than most likely I would dodge


This. If we're being drafted to bully other nations, I ain't going. If a nation is threatening our country and/or coming to our shores with their military, I will most definitely join the cause to (bleep) them up.


What are your thoughts on, if a person were drafted and chose not to go, that they could then be arrested and put in prison for up to 5 years?


I mean it's a harsh punishment, and I did not agree with how the US gov't treated Ali. If it's for religious reasons or disability, I understand, but I don't really see another reason to not defend your country if it's under attack (other than the reasons stated above).


What if your leader took the country to war under false pretenses, while lying to the American people? If you opted to fight and then later found that out, should that leader face a 5 year prison sentence or harsher?


If many died, as would seem automatic, I would think a lifetime sentence without the possibly of parole would be in order, but the next Republican President would just grant a pardon, likely negating the bulk of the sentence.
_________________
If ever there were a Mount Rushmore of liars, it would be Trump, Trump, Trump, and Trump.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 1742

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
999 wrote:
Depends on what and whom we are fighting for. If it’s for a just cause I would report. If it is to support fascism and Donald trump than most likely I would dodge


This. If we're being drafted to bully other nations, I ain't going. If a nation is threatening our country and/or coming to our shores with their military, I will most definitely join the cause to (bleep) them up.


What are your thoughts on, if a person were drafted and chose not to go, that they could then be arrested and put in prison for up to 5 years?


I mean it's a harsh punishment, and I did not agree with how the US gov't treated Ali. If it's for religious reasons or disability, I understand, but I don't really see another reason to not defend your country if it's under attack (other than the reasons stated above).


What if your leader took the country to war under false pretenses, while lying to the American people? If you opted to fight and then later found that out, should that leader face a 5 year prison sentence or harsher?


If many died, as would seem automatic, I would think a lifetime sentence without the possibly of parole would be in order, but the next Republican President would just grant a pardon, likely negating the bulk of the sentence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CrangesMcBasketball
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Depends on what and whom we are fighting for. If it’s for a just cause I would report. If it is to support fascism and Donald trump than most likely I would dodge


So, if NK nuked half of NYC or any other major city, you wouldn't report to the draft? Who cares who's in office in this case?
Back to top
Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 3412

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

Depends on the situation I'm being drafted for. If there's a legitimate attack on the US from a country and they've officially declared war on us then I will fight. If it's another Iraq, Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan type war then I will be moving to Canada.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 8276
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

Dodge so hard they'd name it after me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB