THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1420, 1421, 1422 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Similar to a pre-teen. He has 0 self-awareness. And he projects a ton. Which can be funny. Until it sets in, he's the most powerful person on the planet.

. . . and some 40ish percent of the population will follow him regardless.

Some see the world and form a judgment; others form a judgment to see the world.

nah man, don't give him that much credit. It's only like 33% of the GOP voters
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ribeye wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Similar to a pre-teen. He has 0 self-awareness. And he projects a ton. Which can be funny. Until it sets in, he's the most powerful person on the planet.

. . . and some 40ish percent of the population will follow him regardless.

Some see the world and form a judgment; others form a judgment to see the world.

nah man, don't give him that much credit. It's only like 33% of the GOP voters

You're right, though some 40ish percent approve of him after EVERYTHING he has done, likely some will peel off if he were to be found guilty of many serious crimes. Some. But you are wrong, 80-90% of the GOP will side with him regardless. To them, he is ALWAYS better than any Democrat.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

Trump Again Threatens Violence If Democrats Don’t Support Him

I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay? I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay? I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad.

This should be mentioned in every primary and every general election debate.

As it stands, it will be forgotten in a couple days.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Oh it won't be the last time he makes those kind of thinly veiled "threats" . . . in fact, I suspect that as the cycle plays out, he dips into that well more often and deeper.

The most disturbing thing about this (and it goes to your point) is not that he said it . . . we've become quite used to this kind of dangerous hyperbole from him. No, it's how minimal the reaction is to it from just about everyone, from the media to the people in power - "on both sides . . . both sides"
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Wilt wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Oh it won't be the last time he makes those kind of thinly veiled "threats" . . . in fact, I suspect that as the cycle plays out, he dips into that well more often and deeper.

The most disturbing thing about this (and it goes to your point) is not that he said it . . . we've become quite used to this kind of dangerous hyperbole from him. No, it's how minimal the reaction is to it from just about everyone, from the media to the people in power - "on both sides . . . both sides"

Perry Bacon, Jr from 538 is one of my favorite journalists just because he refuses to get pulled into this BS. He'll criticize the media and also how absurd Republicans have gotten even while maintaining the general journalistic tonal "objectivity" that people expect.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

Bernie is my boy, yet again. I think he's our only hope really, and I think he has the best chance against Trump.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject:

AOC, with Cummings at her back, shreds again:

Video begins down in article
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

Bernie/AOC??
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Bernie/AOC??

She's too young. Have to be 35 to be President or Vice President. She's still got a few years to go.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
Bernie/AOC??

She's too young. Have to be 35 to be President or Vice President. She's still got a few years to go.

Probably a fair decision otherwise Bieber could've been Presdent
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
Bernie/AOC??

Probably a fair decision otherwise Bieber could've been Presdent

How bad is it that I legitimately thought ... the Biebs might not have been as bad of a choice than what we have now
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
AOC, with Cummings at her back, shreds again:

Video begins down in article

Sheer brilliance by AOC, and kudo's to Cummings to get Ross to lie on the record. This is what oversight actually looks like, and is why the GOP hates the new crop of youngsters like AOC so much . The days of the rubber stamp are dead...

Here is the full exchange for those having trouble finding it on the original link. AOC vs Ross
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
One thing you didn't know: While a teenager, O'Rourke acknowledged in an exclusive interview, he belonged to the oldest group of computer hackers in U.S. history.

The hugely influential Cult of the Dead Cow, jokingly named after an abandoned Texas slaughterhouse, is notorious for releasing tools that allowed ordinary people to hack computers running Microsoft's Windows. It's also known for inventing the word "hacktivism" to describe human-rights-driven security work.

Members of the group have protected O'Rourke's secret for decades, reluctant to compromise his political viability. Now, in a series of interviews, CDC members have acknowledged O'Rourke as one of their own. In all, more than a dozen members of the group agreed to be named for the first time in a book about the hacking group by this reporter that is scheduled to be published in June by Public Affairs. O'Rourke was interviewed early in his run for the Senate.

Beto O'Hacker
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

^^^

Great to see that so many people are keenly focused on seeing Trump remain in office.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Beto hacked Windows 95?!?!?! Hide the women and children!
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
^^^

Great to see that so many people are keenly focused on seeing Trump remain in office.

O'rourke openly admitted to his membership in the group during his Senate run. The general public is just now finding out because the book about the hacker group is getting ready to get released. He and his former hacker buddies willingly participated in interviews for the book.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject:

saw a headline

Beto wrote a book about killing babies.. running them over with a car
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject:

saw a headline

That's no secret. O'Rourke openly talked about the murder fantasy he wrote previously in which the narrator drives over children on the street. This was all talked about during his Senate campaign.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Wilt wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Perry Bacon, Jr from 538 is one of my favorite journalists just because he refuses to get pulled into this BS. He'll criticize the media and also how absurd Republicans have gotten even while maintaining the general journalistic tonal "objectivity" that people expect.

Well, his words inspired a NZ tragedy
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

I expect more mass shooters to come as well.
All signs point to Trump supporter attacks increasing as we get closer to 2020 elections.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
saw a headline

That's no secret. O'Rourke openly talked about the murder fantasy he wrote previously in which the narrator drives over children on the street. This was all talked about during his Senate campaign.

Those anti-abortion folks didn't have a reason yet to raise enough of a stink
It will come up again
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Robert Reich Verified account @RBReich

Just this week, Trump:
--Contemplated his supporters in the military and police getting "tough" with political opponents, deleting tweet
--Downplayed the rise of white nationalism
--Used the term "Jexodus" to refer Jewish Americans
--Called immigration an "invasion"
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
governator wrote:

I expect more mass shooters to come as well.
All signs point to Trump supporter attacks increasing as we get closer to 2020 elections.

It is very embolden when your bigoted views went from universally accepted as hate and condemned then in a span of 3 years, not only have the most powerful person in the world condoning and openly support you, you see it spreading
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
saw a headline

Those anti-abortion folks didn't have a reason yet to raise enough of a stink
It will come up again

Definitely. There is a lot more scrutiny on the national stage, but I don't think that old book he wrote will harm him. Now the thousands of dollars he and his buddies stole by swiping folks credit card numbers so they could charge hundreds of thousands of dollars of long distance telephone charges to; or the millions of $'s of stolen copyrighted software, videos, and music they provided for public consumption via bulletin boards; might be a difficult pill for some voters to swallow. I don't think most voters who were teenagers in the 80's will hold it against them because it was pretty normal to have copies of pirated software and music back during the infancy of the internet, but older voters who don't quite understand that era, and younger voters who have been conditioned to understand the real threat of piracy, might be less forgiviing. In any event, if this stuff is something that would eventually bother people enough - it's the type of thing you'd rather know sooner than later.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1420, 1421, 1422 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1421 of 3663
Jump to: