THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1421, 1422, 1423 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Public Service Announcement:

Just remember that when the left went after the Clinton Foundation for months on end (with largely bogus attacks) that Russian hackers, WikiLeaks and the right-wing media machine amplified those same attacks and further disseminated them on fake websites linked to Facebook ads targeting DEMOCRATIC VOTERS.

I said at the time, regurgitating nonsense attacks on Democratic candidates is helping the right-wing carry out their mission.

I'll say it again. I am very leery of amplifying and disseminating any and all "attacks" on Democratic candidates because any such criticism is helping the enemy do their work. (Kobuchar, Harris and Warren have already had the mainstream jump on "juicy" stories in a repeat of how Hillary was treated).

I think we need to stick as much as possible to actual policy and squash the impulse to regurgitate the National Enquirer type stories that are more sensational than substantial.

I don't care if someone in their 20's smoked pot, or was in a hacker club, or had affairs. I care about who they are now, how their experience will help them govern and whether or not they have detailed policies and solutions to our problems.

That doesn't mean we can't criticize those running. But know that 100% of all the foibles to be discovered about all the Democratic candidates put together would amount to a flea on an elephant when compared to Trump.

Remember who the enemy is. It is not any of the Democratic candidates running against your favorite. The enemy is Trump and the Republicans and we would be wise to keep that perspective.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Just remember that when the left went after the Clinton Foundation for months on end (with largely bogus attacks) that Russian hackers, WikiLeaks and the right-wing media machine amplified those same attacks and further disseminated them on fake websites linked to Facebook ads targeting DEMOCRATIC VOTERS.

I said at the time, regurgitating nonsense attacks on Democratic candidates is helping the right-wing carry out their mission.

I'll say it again. I am very leery of amplifying and disseminating any and all "attacks" on Democratic candidates because any such criticism is helping the enemy do their work. (Kobuchar, Harris and Warren have already had the mainstream jump on "juicy" stories in a repeat of how Hillary was treated).

I think we need to stick as much as possible to actual policy and squash the impulse to regurgitate the National Enquirer type stories that are more sensational than substantial.

I don't care if someone in their 20's smoked pot, or was in a hacker club, or had affairs. I care about who they are now, how their experience will help them govern and whether or not they have detailed policies and solutions to our problems.

That doesn't mean we can't criticize those running. But know that 100% of all the foibles to be discovered about all the Democratic candidates put together would amount to a flea on an elephant when compared to Trump.

Remember who the enemy is. It is not any of the Democratic candidates running against your favorite. The enemy is Trump and the Republicans and we would be wise to keep that perspective.

I support this PSA.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Workers on Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders' campaign voted to unionize on Friday, becoming what is possibly the first presidential campaign staff in history to organize.

A majority of the Democrat's staff signed on to unionize, meaning all current and future employees would be part of the bargaining process for better pay and benefits. The workers, everyone below the title of deputy director, will be represented by United Food and Commercial Workers Union (UFCW) Local 400, which represents about 35,000 employees in six states and the District of Columbia.

Jonathan Williams, a spokesman for the UFCW, said to his knowledge the Sanders campaign is the first to unionize in history, marking a new path that could be used for campaigns for years to come.

1st Campaigners to Unionize
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.

Last edited by Aussiesuede on Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Scroll to 9:18 to hear the praise. Before scrolling if you have one take a MiraLAX, it's nauseating. These sycophants are shameless. I SMH and wonder if they really believe the praise they heap on Trump.

President Trump White House Veto Ceremony – 3:30pm EST…

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
North Korea threatened on Friday to suspend negotiations with the Trump administration over the North’s nuclear arms program and said its leader, Kim Jong-un, would soon decide whether to resume nuclear and missile tests.

After the Hanoi meeting ended without a deal, the North Korean leader had serious doubts about the merits of continuing negotiations with Mr. Trump, Ms. Choe said.

Quote:
“We have neither the intention to compromise with the U.S. in any form nor much less the desire or plan to conduct this kind of negotiation,”

“Whether to maintain this moratorium or not is the decision of our chairman of the state affairs commission,” she said, referring to Mr. Kim by one of his several leadership titles. “He will make his decision in a short period of time.”

Rocket Man Back To Threatening Ways
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

“Remember who the enemy is”? Trump and Trump supporters are not my enemy. They are my fellow Americans who I disagree vehemently with on many issues...but they are not the enemy.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
“Remember who the enemy is”? Trump and Trump supporters are not my enemy. They are my fellow Americans who I disagree vehemently with on many issues...but they are not the enemy.

It just illustrates how successful the powered elites have been in their efforts to keep Americans focused on fighting one another so they would never consider uniting for their common interests and threaten the power of the Elites to protect their interests. Sadly Americans have gotten to the point where they can't see the obvious right in front of their eyes and have proven to be all too comfortable with letting themselves be taken advantage of by choosing to be willing participants in the Elites crazy little game. While 73% of Americans support something like single payer healthcare, when tasked with uniting to accomplish something they're in such clear agreement on, they become unwilling to cooperate on such obvious common ground because the rules of their tribalisation forbids them from cooperating with "The Enemy". It's beyond sad...
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

S.E. Cupp did a great piece on this on her show a couple of weeks ago.

As she said (paraphrasing), "If I were Trump, I'd feel pretty good about my chances in 2020"

Between Dems constantly finding ways to tear down Democrat candidates and people continuing to cling to candidates like Bernie, Trump's pretty much a lock for re-election unless people get their act together and start working towards voting him out rather than fighting against candidates who can actually do it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:

Do you join with "Fellow Americans" who promote White Supremacy?" If so you're a part of the problem. Do you wear blinders? Cant you see the hidden enemy?

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

Do you join with "Fellow Americans" who promote White Supremacy?" If so you're a part of the problem.

Out of curiosity, when someone states that he disagrees vehemently with some of his fellow Americans on certain issues but doesn't see his fellow Americans as his enemy, how do you draw a line from that very clear statement to his potentially joining those he vehemently disagrees with on a heinous issue? I read his statement and it's abundantly clear he vehemently disagrees with some of his fellow Americans, but that still doesn't make them his "enemy".
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

Do you join with "Fellow Americans" who promote White Supremacy?" If so you're a part of the problem.

Out of curiosity, when someone states that he disagrees vehemently with some of his fellow Americans on certain issues but doesn't see is fellow Americans as his enemy, how do you draw a line from that very clear statement to his potentially joining those he vehemently disagrees with on a heinous issue? I read his statement and it's abundantly clear he vehemently disagrees with some of his fellow Americans, butthat still doesn't make them his "enemy".

I read a supporter of White Supremacy. His statement is veiled support for that entity. Trump is the enemy of Democracy. His support of Putin and Kim is evidence

Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

Out of curiosity, when someone states that he disagrees vehemently with some of his fellow Americans on certain issues but doesn't see his fellow Americans as his enemy, how do you draw a line from that very clear statement to his potentially joining those he vehemently disagrees with on a heinous issue? I read his statement and it's abundantly clear he vehemently disagrees with some of his fellow Americans, but that still doesn't make them his "enemy".

Pretty simple

If Trump wont denounce White supremacy and people continue support Trump, therefore supporting white supremacy. Supporting people like trump are supporting ideals like what had happen in New Zealand. Those terrorist are very much the enemy.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Someone on MSNBC made what I thought was a good point in that the crowded Republican field in the last election gave them the chance to spread their message to all levels/areas of the base firing them up for the general election.
He thought the same will happen when everyone hears the Democratic messaging spread throughout the country by so many candidates

the Democrats will vote for whoever comes out of the plie this time...

Last edited by VicXLakers on Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Love thy enemies
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:

The GOP as constituted and operated is the enemy of democracy and the core American ideals. If they win, they have no intent to treat us as “fellow Americans”. Maybe a good time to start understanding the fight you’re in.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

The GOP as constituted and operated is the enemy of democracy and the core American ideals. If they win, they have no intent to treat us as “fellow Americans”. Maybe a good time to start understanding the fight you’re in.

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

Out of curiosity, when someone states that he disagrees vehemently with some of his fellow Americans on certain issues but doesn't see is fellow Americans as his enemy, how do you draw a line from that very clear statement to his potentially joining those he vehemently disagrees with on a heinous issue? I read his statement and it's abundantly clear he vehemently disagrees with some of his fellow Americans, butthat still doesn't make them his "enemy".

I read a supporter of White Supremacy. His statement is veiled support for that entity. Trump is the enemy of Democracy. His support of Putin and Kim is evidence

Wow. The mental gymnastics necessary to draw an alternate universe onclusionlike that is akin to hearing somebody say,

" I Love my dog"

And arriving at the conclusion,

"That's a veiled reference for their support of beastiality".

The inability to communicate with one another has eroded farther than I'd feared when someone can use clear English, but the determination is still made that there is some alternate veiled meaning other than their plain English statement.

I'll take a stab at it. I think he was trying to say he's not a Dodgers fan?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:

Unfortunate to see someone such as yourself say that. Because you couldn't be more wrong about that.

Trump and his supporters aren't simply Americans with "differing views" on policy. Trump and the people who support him are completely antithetical to all the core ideals of what this nation was founded upon. Trump himself is only a "fellow American" to the minuscule portion of the population who are extremely wealthy, white, greedy and contemptuous of everyone who is not one of their tiny group of elite. His only care for the country is for how it can enrich himself And then there is the contempt that he and his supporters have for anyone in America who is a minority of any kind.

There is no doubt that Trump is an enemy of the country. He has compromised himself and colluded with the nation's biggest adversary. And not through diplomatic means in order to establish a peaceful coexistence. He has done so to compromise the very core of our democratic processes to serve himself and that foreign adversary. He has worked methodically to break down any and all policies that the country has implemented to protect the our natural lands and the environment, the financial viability of the middle and lower classes, the rights of women that they have worked so hard for over the last century. There is a long list of ways he has compromised the safety and security of this country for no aim other than to serve himself, his cronies and the foreign nation he is beholding to.

Trump, the collection of GOP leaders he has manipulated into supporting his destructive path and the people who still support him are the biggest anti-American threat this country has seen in three quarters of a century. And man do I wish that were simply hyperbole.

I'm hoping that in an effort to sound reasonable and non-divisive you overstated your thoughts. If not, you have clearly not been paying attention for the last 2 years.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:

I said Trump and GOP (meaning GOP politicians) were the enemies, I didn't mention his supporters. Trump and GOP don't merely have different ideas, they are supporting anti-democratic, anti-freedom, anti-American, racist, bigoted, sexist ideas and policies. They are the enemy of all but the very rich. The very white rich, The very white mostly male rich.

Sadly, that's a statement of fact, not hyperbole. They are locking babies in cages and feel not one whit of guilt or shame or compassion, and they lie about it with ease. They knowingly enable white supremacists.

Make no mistake, they are the enemy.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Bernie is my boy, yet again. I think he's our only hope really, and I think he has the best chance against Trump.

Biden beats Trump. Easily too.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

You have a great talent for stating things much more succinctly in a couple of sentences than I do in several paragraphs. It'd really piss me off if we weren't in complete agreement.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

Wow. The mental gymnastics necessary to draw an alternate universe onclusionlike that is akin to hearing somebody say,

" I Love my dog"

The inability to communicate with one another has eroded farther than I'd feared when someone can use clear English, but the determination is still made that there is some alternate veiled meaning other than their plain English statement.

You interpret as you will, I as I. I read a person not seeing the villainous of Trump. A person ( can't call him a man) who wants to be King. Attempting to give credibility to such a person IMO is ignorance, in the Merriam Webster definition. If you don't, so be it. I learned long ago not to tamper with the stances of others. Being combative helps nothing. Look inside of self, there lies what you are. Ask self is your position good or bad for the whole? Donald Trump is a threat to Democracy. His support of Putin and Kim is a danger to that form of governing.

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Bernie is my boy, yet again. I think he's our only hope really, and I think he has the best chance against Trump.

Biden beats Trump. Easily too.

We're at a point where no chances should be taken. Folks should be writing letters to Biden daily to implore him to run so there is not even a risk of that psychopath remaining in office. The nominee NEEDS to be someone who can most reliably garner sufficient voter turnout in rural and suburban Pennsylvania, Michigan, OHio, & Florida. This again isn't an election cycle for risking candidates that part of the electorate might not sufficiently support. This isn't a time for making social statements and taking unnecessary risks that that part of the electorate is jut a appalled as staunch democrats and assuming that disgust will be sufficient to get them to the polls in sufficient numbers. There nneds to be a candidate with crystal clear electability. The likes of Bernie and Kamala simply present too great of tangible risk that it's not worth the gamble. The stakes are simply too great.

Last edited by Aussiesuede on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Obviously
Mexicans
Muslims
Iranians

aren't the only people Trump hates

As Cohen said
"I fear that if [Trump] loses the election in 2020, there will never be a peaceful transition of power," he said.

He also said Trump doesn't care about you.. He will take you down too

Trump is a scorched earth egomaniac.
There is not one thing in America he gives a (bleep) about other than his money and power.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

" I Love my dog"

You interpret as you will, I as I. I read a person not seeing the villainous of Trump. A person ( can't call him a man) who wants to be King. Attempting to give credibility to such a person IMO is ignorance, in the Merriam Webster definition. If you don't, so be it. I learned long ago not to tamper with the stances of others. Being combative helps nothing. Look inside of self, there lies what you are. Ask self is your position good or bad for the whole? Donald Trump is a threat to De

mocracy. His support of Putin and Kim is a danger to that form of governing.

I agree with you. I still don't understand how you arrived at your conclusion from what he actually said. His statement was pretty simple. He doesn't see his fellow Americans as his enemy. He voiced no support for anyone or anything. His statement was very straightforward, and I can't understand the need to even try to stretch and find an alternative meaning to such a straightforward statement. He doesn't see his fellow Americans as his enemy. Simple as that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1421, 1422, 1423 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1422 of 3663
Jump to: