General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 464, 465, 466 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
^^^ Ever since the Diego Chaves fight he has been extremely safety conscious. He doesn't want to mix it up. I agree with some here that he has lost his taste for the game. It appears that he doesn't live an extravagant lifestyle so he could probably retire now and be good for the rest of his life.

If he retires a good, honest, money manager is a must.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Pacquiao is the second-greatest selling pay-per-view fighter in history, behind only Floyd Mayweather. Their 2015 fight sold a record 4.6 million pay-per-views and generated almost $600 million in gross revenue. Saturday’s bout with Broner, which most experts were predicting to do in the 325,000 to 350,000 range, will come in with roughly $30 million. Pacquiao earned a guaranteed $10 million and should make more from the pay-per-view upside.

If PacMan-Broner gets $30mil... PacMan-Mayweather rematch gonna be cha-ching part deux
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

If Floyd and Manny fight again it's gonna be the same-o same-o. Floyd's not gonna fight, he's gonna box. It wouldn't surprise me if they meet, Floyd frustrates Manny enough for him to run into something.

Floyd Mayweather Dodges Manny Pacquiao Fight Talk, Expects to Earn $80M in 2019

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
If Floyd and Manny fight again it's gonna be the same-o same-o. Floyd's not gonna fight, he's gonna box. It wouldn't surprise me if they meet, Floyd frustrates Manny enough for him to run into something.

LINK

imagine you have about $40-$50 mil (prob more) just for the taking even if both of you BS your way to the fight... greatest promoter ever
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

imagine you have about $40-$50 mil (prob more) just for the taking even if both of you BS your way to the fight... greatest promoter ever

If it happens, It'll be a disappointment for any expecting a real fight. Floyd won't get anymore of my dollars.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

Garcia - Spence

Can Garcia overcome 12lbs muscle deficit? (I mean Garcia is great but Spence is as skillful and straight bigger)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

Haven't bought a PPV in awhile. Think I'll dip into the coffers for this one. I don't think it's going to last long. I give Mikey 4 rounds in the upright position.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject:

I respect Mikey for taking the fight, but he is going to get run over by Spence. I want Spence vs. Crawford next. None of this Porter vs. Spence or Thurman vs. Spence nonsense.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
I respect Mikey for taking the fight, but he is going to get run over by Spence. I want Spence vs. Crawford next. None of this Porter vs. Spence or Thurman vs. Spence nonsense.

That's the real bang. If it happens gotta go with Spence. Both have KO power. I think Terence is a better technician. In my mind Spence is more of a beast.

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

What's wrong with Porter he brings it every night and has exciting fights that are action filled. He has 2 razor thinlossea on his record and one of them was against Kell Brooke in England where even the English announcers gave him the nod. Shawn Is a very underrated fighter.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

What's wrong with Porter he brings it every night and has exciting fights that are action filled. He has 2 razor thinlossea on his record and one of them was against Kell Brooke in England where even the English announcers gave him the nod. Shawn Is a very underrated fighter.

Porter is a fighter with a suspect chin whose style is built on headbutting his opponent or making a fight ugly. He's never beaten an elite fighter; Spence would wreck him inside 5 rounds, and Crawford would make him look silly via UD.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

That's the real bang. If it happens gotta go with Spence. Both have KO power. I think Terence is a better technician. In my mind Spence is more of a beast.

Spence has to win by KO, which he can. Spence isn't winning a decision against Crawford though, so, if Crawford acclimates nicely to the weight, I see Crawford beating Spence twice (including a rematch).
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Porter is a fighter with a suspect chin whose style is built on headbutting his opponent or making a fight ugly. He's never beaten an elite fighter; Spence would wreck him inside 5 rounds, and Crawford would make him look silly via UD.

Suspect chin? He's been knocked down once as a pro vs. Broner. Never beaten an elite fighter? He just beat Danny Garcia. How do you expect a short guy to fight from the outside? I guess you think Joe Frazier was a bum too. Shawn has to make the fight and fight his way in thus he regularly out works his opponents. Spence may beat him but I don't think it would be any kind of a walk over. If you are going to fight Shawn you had better be prepared for pressure every round. Fighting against pressure is very tiring. There is more than one way to fight. Thank goodness
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Suspect chin? He's been knocked down once as a pro vs. Broner. Never beaten an elite fighter? He just beat Danny Garcia. How do you expect a short guy to fight from the outside? I guess you think Joe Frazier was a bum too. Shawn has to make the fight and fight his way in thus he regularly out works his opponents. Spence may beat him but I don't think it would be any kind of a walk over. If you are going to fight Shawn you had better be prepared for pressure every round. Fighting against pressure is very tiring. There is more than one way to fight. Thank goodness

Broner was moving up in weight and could not even get a 40 year old Pac's attention. Danny Garcia is not an elite fighter. He's in the same category as Porter.

Frazier was a bum! He caught Ali after a long layoff, and Ali was partying and celebrating his expected victory before the first fight like a fool. Frazier then proceeded to get his ass whooped by Foreman and Ali twice in the second and third fights.

If Porter pressures Spence, which he won't because he's not an idiot, Spence will take him out. Porter does nothing better than Spence skill wise nor does he have any athletic or measurable advantage.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject:

If you think Joe Frazier was a bum then what can I say.
The guy was undisputed heavyweight champion for 3 years weighing in at 205.
From wikipedia
Quote:
. Frazier emerged as the top contender in the late 1960s, defeating opponents that included Jerry Quarry, Oscar Bonavena, Buster Mathis, Eddie Machen, Doug Jones, George Chuvalo, and Jimmy Ellis en route to becoming undisputed heavyweight champion in 1970, and followed up by defeating Muhammad Ali by unanimous decision in the highly anticipated Fight of the Century in 1971. Two years later, Frazier lost his title when he was defeated by George Foreman. He fought on, beating Joe Bugner, losing a rematch to Ali and beating Quarry and Ellis again.

Frazier's last world title challenge came in 1975, but he was beaten by Ali in their brutal rubber match, the Thrilla in Manila. He retired in 1976 following a second loss to Foreman. He made a comeback in 1981, fighting just once before retiring. The International Boxing Research Organization rates Frazier among the ten greatest heavyweights of all time.[2] The Ring magazine named him Fighter of the Year in 1967, 1970 and 1971, while the Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA) named him Fighter of the Year in 1969, 1971 and 1975. In 1999, The Ring magazine ranked him the eighth greatest heavyweight.[3] BoxRec ranks him as the 18th greatest heavyweight of all time.[4] He is an inductee of both the International Boxing Hall of Fame and the World Boxing Hall of Fame.

Danny Garcia not elite he has 2 losses in 36 fights and one is to Thurman one is to the bum Porter. Yes if Shawn fights Spence he will pressure him and likely out work him. It matters who can take who's best punch better.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject:

I was half kidding when I called Frazier a bum. Nevertheless, I see him as very similar to Hakeem. An athlete that only dominated in the absence of the most dominant player/fighter in his era. If MJ never retires, Hakeem probably goes ringless in his career and is looked at as another Barkley. If Ali does not get a suspension, does anyone really talk about Frazier today?

As for Garcia, record alone does not make a fighter elite. I give him credit for Matthysse, but he also should have lost in at least one other fight where he was given a gift decision. I think Frazier, Garcia, and Porter are good fighters, but I see nothing special about them. I certainly don't consider them to be elite. When I say elite, I mean a candidate to be an ATG.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject:

Wish it was Garcia - Lomachenko but we'll see, maybe Garcia can pull an upset
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

My prefight analysis and betting prediction for the Spence vs. Garcia fight tonight: https://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2019/03/errol-spence-vs-mikey-garcia-prefight.html
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

It should be a good fight and I think Spence will win by decision. Mikey is too small to be fighting Spence at WW and he made a mistake not taking a tune up fight first to see how his body will react to the new weight and muscle.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
It should be a good fight and I think Spence will win by decision. Mikey is too small to be fighting Spence at WW and he made a mistake not taking a tune up fight first to see how his body will react to the new weight and muscle.

FWIW Robert was against him taking the fight, but Mikey made the call.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Predictable outcome. Entertaining fight.

Spence waaay too big for pac
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Rodtang+Jitmuangnon+

Enjoy

Iron Man MuayThai Pro

Nice breakdown here of his fight against Tenshin.. dude Mayweather fought

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Spence dominated Mikey. Garcia didn't win a round. Give him credit for going the distance. I had round 12 in the pool.

Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Porter is a B level fighter on his best day and doesn't belong in the ring with an elite fighter. Porter had his opportunity to fight Spence before he made the decision to fight his mandatory leaving Spence without an opponent. Spence would've never been in the ring last night against a much smaller fighter if Porter made the decision to fight Spence instead of his mandatory.

Spence should fight Thurnman next because it's long-overdue.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

Spence called Manny out after the fight. It looks like that may be his next fight. If it happens one thing for sure, Manny will make it a fight.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 464, 465, 466 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 465 of 514
Jump to: