The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1093, 1094, 1095 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
Kobe Stan here. We win either way. Lakers do well? I am a Lakers fan and enjoy it. Lakers do bad? Lebron exposes further that he is a fraud without super teams in the East.

Really? This is still rooting against the Lakers. Come on
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:17 am    Post subject:

KOBE WAN wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:
Kobe Stan here. We win either way. Lakers do well? I am a Lakers fan and enjoy it. Lakers do bad? Lebron exposes further that he is a fraud without super teams in the East.

Don't waste your time.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

Don't waste your time.

Yup.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

Don't waste your time.

As far as I can make out, Skippy's only purpose here is to put up several posts a day reminding everyone that he doesn't like Lebron.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:

Lakers fans, Kobe stans, and Lebron truthers can all agree on one thing. Reading your post just made us all a little dumber.
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject:

KOBE WAN wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

I disagree. I would much rather the Lakers be successful. I would never root against my team unless we are tanking. At this point we prob can’t tank enough to get good odds so we might as well go out strong. But when you have Lebron destroying this team and I am a season ticket holder I may as well try to spin a positive. I’ve had enough of the media members act like Kobe is not even top 10.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

I disagree. I would much rather the Lakers be successful. I would never root against my team unless we are tanking. At this point we prob can’t tank enough to get good odds so we might as well go out strong. But when you have Lebron destroying this team and I am a season ticket holder I may as well try to spin a positive. I’ve had enough of the media members act like Kobe is not even top 10.

Honestly I can care less about what the media thinks. I know he's one of the greatest. Us winning chips is the only concern, not individual legacies.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

Saying that a player is top 15 all-time is not an insult. There have been many many great players throughout history, sjr.

Everyone universally accepts that Kobe was great. Nothing wrong with thinking there were ten guys better than him throughout the entire history of basketball.

Having a conniption about that just shows your basketball immaturity, severe emotionality, and idolatrous fandom.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

Saying that a player is top 15 all-time is not an insult. There have been many many great players throughout history, sjr.

Everyone universally accepts that Kobe was great. Nothing wrong with thinking there were ten guys better than him throughout the entire history of basketball.

Having a conniption about that just shows your basketball immaturity, severe emotionality, and idolatrous fandom.

And if someone said that Magic, Kareem, or LeBron are not Top 10 players, would that be OK with you too?
Zillethai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

And if someone said that Magic, Kareem, or LeBron are not Top 10 players, would that be OK with you too?

No because clearly they are top 10 without question. It is Kobe that's debatable to every one outside of laker fans. I myself have him at 9.
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject:

I know people will read this & roll their eyes but why is he sitting when we are not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs??The whole load management thing is an insult to fans who actually travel and pay big to see players like Lebron.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject:

L.A.T.W wrote:
I know people will read this & roll their eyes but why is he sitting when we are not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs??The whole load management thing is an insult to fans who actually travel and pay big to see players like Lebron.

Lebron hasn't been sitting. Since the Lakers announced they would reduce his minutes, Lebron has been playing over 31 minutes a game. That's only a couple of minutes less than Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jimmy Butler, Karl-Anthony Towns, Kyrie Irving, and a lot of other stars play.

And during that span he's been averaging 31-8-7, so it's not like people who go to see him are being gypped.

I actually thought his minutes would be reduced more dramatically. He's simply gone from one of the top three guys in minutes per game to a pretty average number of minutes per game.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

In my view, there seems to be a consensus top 10 -- Kareem, Shaq, Wilt, Russell, Lebron, Duncan, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, and Magic.

Kobe tends to be 6-9 on most lists, but occasionally I see him as 12th behind Hakeem and Oscar. If you see placing him below those two as an insult, so be it.

I think what bothers some Kobe fans is that he is the guy most likely to be dropped from the concensus 10, while Lebron is commonly put much higher (often 2-5). A lot of the emotion on this board stems from the frustration and anger from intense Kobe fans that Lebron has pretty much eclipsed him in the eyes of most people, and they genuinely can't understand why.

I get the frustration. Kobe is a great player. Personally, I find myself less and less interested in the top 10 list because the top 15 guys are all so good not much really separates them. I am interested in the reasoning behind why someone ranks their particular list, but I am indifference to the ranking itself.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
Batguano wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

No because clearly they are top 10 without question. It is Kobe that's debatable to every one outside of laker fans. I myself have him at 9.

That's funny, considering every other week an NBA player/HOF will come out and say that Kobe is in the conversation for GOAT, or 2nd behind MJ, or ahead of LeBron, etc....
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Batguano wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

In my view, there seems to be a consensus top 10 -- Kareem, Shaq, Wilt, Russell, Lebron, Duncan, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, and Magic.

Kobe tends to be 6-9 on most lists, but occasionally I see him as 12th behind Hakeem and Oscar. If you see placing him below those two as an insult, so be it.

I think what bothers some Kobe fans is that he is the guy most likely to be dropped from the concensus 10, while Lebron is commonly put much higher (often 2-5). A lot of the emotion on this board stems from the frustration and anger from intense Kobe fans that Lebron has pretty much eclipsed him in the eyes of most people, and they genuinely can't understand why.

I get the frustration. Kobe is a great player. Personally, I find myself less and less interested in the top 10 list because the top 15 guys are all so good not much really separates them. I am interested in the reasoning behind why someone ranks their particular list, but I am indifference to the ranking itself.

Disagree. The intense emotion comes from the blatant double-standard. Many people on this board pooped on Kobe while he was winning us 5 rings and now turn around and boo-hoo when people do the same to LeBron (who hasn't done jacksquat for us). Not coincidentally a lot of the people that are now whiteknighting LeBron are the same ones that pooped on Kobe (and still do) every chance they get.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Batguano wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

Disagree. The intense emotion comes from the blatant double-standard. Many people on this board pooped on Kobe while he was winning us 5 rings and now turn around and boo-hoo when people do the same to LeBron (who hasn't done jacksquat for us). Not coincidentally a lot of the people that are now whiteknighting LeBron are the same ones that pooped on Kobe (and still do) every chance they get.

"Most" people on this board pooped on Kobe while we were winning five rings. I dont see that at all, but you're going to believe what you believe. Fine with me.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

Walt Frazier rips LeBron during broadcast.

“When you’re the face of the NBA, you should be more a part of your team,” Frazier, an MSG analyst, said Sunday during the Knicks-Lakers matchup at the Garden. “No matter what is going on. In the public you got to be a part pf the team. In the locker room you’re not. But you have to exude that type of togetherness in public. And right you see he doesn’t really care.”
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

Good (tank) job !
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

I thought Lebron was on minute restrictions
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

Hate to do this, but Kobe was better in his age 34 season.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

Excellent work by LeBron in the 4th quarter today
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

He's gotta go. For whatever reason he's a terrible fit here. Time to start chanting "Trade lebron" at Staples Center to let Magic and Jeannie know that paying a guy $154 million and not making the playoffs and losing to teams that are purposely tanking is not acceptable.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Walt Frazier rips LeBron during broadcast.

“When you’re the face of the NBA, you should be more a part of your team,” Frazier, an MSG analyst, said Sunday during the Knicks-Lakers matchup at the Garden. “No matter what is going on. In the public you got to be a part pf the team. In the locker room you’re not. But you have to exude that type of togetherness in public. And right you see he doesn’t really care.”

Magic needs to grow a pair and suspend/fine him for "Behavior detrimental to the team". Seriously, I don't think calling him a cancer is strong enough at this point.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Hate to do this, but Kobe was better in his age 34 season.

He also had less mileage on his body (by around 2,100 minutes) and broke down before even hitting the minute total LeBron is currently at.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject:

the basketball IQ on display on that last shot was marvelous

made it look like he was bout to cook and then took juuuust a lil bit off the jump to get it blocked to secure the tank

#lightyears
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1093, 1094, 1095 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1094 of 2079
Jump to: