My Change Of Heart On Lebron
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject: My Change Of Heart On Lebron

This has been a very disappointing season and all Lakers fans are suffering more than I can remember but there is one thing that has changed with me. When Lebron came I was against the move because I was afraid he wasn't fully invested in how hard it was going to be to make the Lakers a real contender again. As we all know, this became reality but something else also has happened..Lebron James has become part of our struggle. He is not the golden boy coming in to save us, he is a warrior who has lost battles as a Laker trying to get us back to relevance.

I was the biggest Lebron James detractor I know (mainly because I always had to defend Kobe) but I am officially accepting Lebron into my heart as a true Laker who has been a part of our struggle. I can tell this off season he will be all in with whoever we bring in and the young guys that will still be around. It will all be that much sweeter when he helps us back to the top.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject:

You know, the most frustrating part is watching LeBron blow by defenders in the Finals just last year, and that's almost never happened this season in the halfcourt.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Preach!! I absolutely expect a new mentality LeBron next year.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Talk about bad timing.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject:

If there is a positive note to all of this, I'm just glad all of this trade/Klutch/Magic drama happened in what is considered a throwaway year for LeBron. No one expected the team to win the championship with this roster and even if they made the playoffs, who cares? Is getting swept AGAIN by GS a good look for Lebron? Is getting swept in the playoffs count as 'good' experience for the younger players?

Assuming the Lakers land someone thru free agency/trade, they will have no more room for error. I hope everyone got some 'lessons learned' out of all of this.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
You know, the most frustrating part is watching LeBron blow by defenders in the Finals just last year, and that's almost never happened this season in the halfcourt.

The eye-opener to me was when he couldn't get past a 40 yr old Vince Carter, even before his groin injury. The explosiveness he showed in that last Finals with Cleveland is never coming back unfortunately.
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

I think the torn groin along with the hit he took conditioning wise during the injury contributes to his loss of explosiveness on his first step. Though he will never be what he was in Miami and Cleveland, I am thinking next year his rhythm and flow will be back.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Good post.

I will say this.....Lebron doesn't go down with an injury, we are in the playoffs.
If Lebron, Rondo, Lonzo, McGee, Kuz and Ingram all don't go down missing tons of games, we are in the playoffs.

If this roster stayed the same, less injuries, we make the playoffs.

Improve this roster, get shooters, change the coach and assistants, everyone healthy and focused, it will be a different team next year.

We won't be like this next season....guaranteed.

As far as Lebron, as much as some people here think he isn't great, he really is great but can't do it every single night. He needs help. Get him help, keep some of the young core, better coach - winning formula.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Also have noticed a much slower LeBron. Next couple of years might be a bit rough if nobody else joins us:((
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

He’s been settling for jumpers which is fine if you’re Steph Curry
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject:

lakerfanaticPT wrote:
Also have noticed a much slower LeBron. Next couple of years might be a bit rough if nobody else joins us:((

Nope, I think what Lebron does this summer is hits the gym daily and drops some weight. He looks thick right now. I bet he drops 20 pounds. That would be amazing for him and would help with quickness.
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Due to his size and passing ability, I think Lebron can function at a high level even if he has lost a step. Think Magic circa 1990 - 1992 right before he retired..using his size to either post his man or find shooters out of double teams. I also think after an off season of rest and skill work, his shooting will be back to what it was last year.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

The eye-opener to me was when he couldn't get past a 40 yr old Vince Carter, even before his groin injury. The explosiveness he showed in that last Finals with Cleveland is never coming back unfortunately.

Or any back up center in the league, right now.

Like, I get it. 16 years in the league and a billion Finals appearances. His body needs rest. I'd rather limit him to 15-20 minutes a game, not the 30 he's getting now. 30 minutes isn't that far from most starters that float around 34mpg anyway.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject:

LakersFanESS wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I think the torn groin along with the hit he took conditioning wise during the injury contributes to his loss of explosiveness on his first step. Though he will never be what he was in Miami and Cleveland, I am thinking next year his rhythm and flow will be back.

This was happening even before the groin injury.

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject:

So long as he is willing to do whatever it takes to get the #1 to the Lakers. He is no longer the #1.

He should also consider playing the 5 full-time so that he can maximize his tenure here. He can still play point center but on defense he needs to be matching up against the slower bigs.

We will find out this summer how serious he is about that 4th chip. If he isn’t willing to sacrifice, it’s time to trade him. He can film Space Jam 2 and his other shows on his off days while playing in another NBA city.
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject:

You are entitled to your opinion. Unfortunately Lebron is a net negative for this team. Free agent deterrent that makes star players want to stay away. Terrible leader. Pretty much ruined what we were building with his boy Rich Paul. Is only interested in offensive numbers to chase ATG standings. He isn't helping and has just made things worse with his arrival.

Here is what is going to happen this summer and we all know its true. We get no big names. We will be forced to trade all our pieces for a star because no star will come here willingly due to Lebron. We will make one WCF in two years and afterwards it will be same as the CLE and Mia. We will be left with absolutely nothing but one star and a capped out roster filled with ancient, overpaid vets.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
You are entitled to your opinion. Unfortunately Lebron is a net negative for this team. Free agent deterrent that makes star players want to stay away. Terrible leader. Pretty much ruined what we were building with his boy Rich Paul. Is only interested in offensive numbers to chase ATG standings. He isn't helping and has just made things worse with his arrival.

Here is what is going to happen this summer and we all know its true. We get no big names. We will be forced to trade all our pieces for a star because no star will come here willingly due to Lebron. We will make one WCF in two years and afterwards it will be same as the CLE and Mia. We will be left with absolutely nothing but one star and a capped out roster filled with ancient, overpaid vets.

+1
Except that I don't believe we're even making the Western Conference Finals.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
AQuestSupreme
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Yeeeeah, everybody expecting him to just come back better than ever needs tto heck his date of birth, and minutes played. It isn't getting any better from here.

He's been dogging it on defense for a few years now, and needing to take breathers on offense. If you look back the Finals he last played with Kyrie, he was needing to take breaks.

The Lakers committed four years to a guy with an extreme amount of mileage. Hard training this summer is just adding more mileage and wear and tear.

LA better get a tier-1 superstar, because I think his days of being able to just will his teams past opponents are done. It doesn't mean he can't put up numbers, but numbers are meaningless when you can't dominate games enough to win them.

Westbrook can put up numbers. I mean, CAN he - but he can't do what it takes to win the games win it matters.

Lebron doesn't just need a superstar, but a superstar who is a GREAT closer.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:

Nope, I think what Lebron does this summer is hits the gym daily and drops some weight.

Unless there is a time machine in that gym, LeBron's decline will only accelerate.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

This season had some parallels to Kobe's 16th season:

- Tepid coaching from Mike Brown
- Attempted Midseason trade with New Orleans squashed
- Kobes final playoff appearance
- Roster in turmoil
- Front Office ineptitude

Year #17 was the last year of Kobe being Kobe. Hopefully Lebron has another season of being Lebron left in him before father time claims his prize.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:

Nope, I think what Lebron does this summer is hits the gym daily and drops some weight.

Unless there is a time machine in that gym, LeBron's decline will only accelerate.

Lebron is 34, and anyone who expected him to be the same player he was at 27 is fooling themselves. We all saw his decline on defense last year. That said, he's still one of the best players in the league, and I think he is still good enough to be the best player on a ring team as long as he's healthy.

By the end of his contract, it wouldn't surprise me to see him slide down to 2nd or 3rd team all-NBA a la Karl Malone. Since the Magic opted for Lebron in the final years of his career, they need to be smart about the kind of team they build around him. They weren't smart this year.

Last edited by activeverb on Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject:

When you fall off a cliff, it goes quick. How many superstars have a gradual decline?
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Brons a frontrunner and a quitter when he doesnt get his way.
You cant teach or coach that.
He is who he is.
Lakers have to take their team back from KLUTCH, FRONTRUN, or it will get worse.

Last edited by #savethekids on Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
When you fall off a cliff, it goes quick. How many superstars have a gradual decline?

Some do -- Kareem, Duncan, Karl Malone come to mind.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Lesson learned from Kobe, father time is undefeated. Let’s hope he will get us one big name to sign for giving him all those years in his contract. At least with Kobe, it was easy to accept his decline years with big contract for many years of excellence and chips he got us.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: