My Change Of Heart On Lebron
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:

Maybe I'm crazy but I'm 99% sure earlier in the game Lebron drove the ball right into Jordan's chest and got the whistle and received foul shots... So I'm not sure why he wouldn't have received the call again.

That was in transition after DAJ threw the ball away (6:15 left in the 1st), he's far less likely to draw a foul against a set defense in the final seconds, while on the road.

On the final play of the game, refs pretty much make up their mind not to call anything if a player forces something that isn't there, this seems to hold true at all levels.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Maybe I'm crazy but I'm 99% sure earlier in the game Lebron drove the ball right into Jordan's chest and got the whistle and received foul shots... So I'm not sure why he wouldn't have received the call again.

That was in transition after DAJ threw the ball away (6:15 left in the 1st), he's far less likely to draw a foul against a set defense in the final seconds, while on the road.

On the final play of the game, refs pretty much make up their mind not to call anything if a player forces something that isn't there, this seems to hold true at all levels.

the mistake is the idea that the refs call anything consistently. theyll make a call and theyll call the opposite literally a minute later.

every year in the playoffs, the refs stop giving harden the BS calls at the best time and he loses. It's all pretty stupidly controlled.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject:

After 8 straight finals I’m curious to see how the extra time off affects him. The offseason is going to feel extremely long to him and physically it’s going to help him that he gets a couple of extra months off. Mentally he could also feel recharged.

But I would be more optimistic if he was 29 years old instead of being a guy in his mid-30s.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Fouls get called at the end of games all the time. I love how suddenly if Jordan is near the paint it's impossible to score. People have been scoring with Jordan in the paint since he came into the league. LeBron could have got the foul, dunked on him, shot a floater over him etc... The possibilities are endless, however we didn't get to see it because he couldn't get past Mario.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
After 8 straight finals I’m curious to see how the extra time off affects him. The offseason is going to feel extremely long to him and physically it’s going to help him that he gets a couple of extra months off. Mentally he could also feel recharged.

But I would be more optimistic if he was 29 years old instead of being a guy in his mid-30s.

before you start thinking this is true...you should go and rewatch a whole game of young healthy lebron (whichever version that is to you) and see if you notice anything different.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:
Also have noticed a much slower LeBron. Next couple of years might be a bit rough if nobody else joins us:((

Nope, I think what Lebron does this summer is hits the gym daily and drops some weight. He looks thick right now. I bet he drops 20 pounds. That would be amazing for him and would help with quickness.

If he doesnt come into next season like this we are toast.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

before you start thinking this is true...you should go and rewatch a whole game of young healthy lebron (whichever version that is to you) and see if you notice anything different.

LOL, he will never be that, and that is unrealistic. I can entertain the narrative though that this might have been the best thing for him was to kind of take a break year. I don't like it, but I can see that, there is some substance to it.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Fouls get called at the end of games all the time. I love how suddenly if Jordan is near the paint it's impossible to score. People have been scoring with Jordan in the paint since he came into the league. LeBron could have got the foul, dunked on him, shot a floater over him etc... The possibilities are endless, however we didn't get to see it because he couldn't get past Mario.

Sure there are calls made at ends of games, just not when drivers force the issue against a set defense. We are used to seeing LeBron on the floor with someone other than Alex Caruso being the best open shooter. Knox was staying home on Kuzma. So much easier on Fizdale than if LeBron had been on the floor with George Hill, Love, Korver, and JR. (Luke really is an awful in-game coach BTW. I've worked with several HS coaches with more basketball sense, that game-ending lineup was a joke when you know a shotblocker is in the game, but I digress)

It's not DAJ being in the paint as much as him being camped in there while the defense is funneling LeBron to the left. If Mario plays him straight up and Bron can't get into the lane, then one could accurately say Mario stopped him solo. LeBron did actually get his shoulders past Hezonja on the drive, but stopped when DeAndre met him. The verticality rule supercedes any restricted area blocking call, and DAJ was ready to jump and challenge. LeBron should've kept going towards the baseline and hit an open Caruso in the corner, but oh well.

A floater from that angle is rare, and not really in LeBron's repertoire. Even Steph generally shoots them while going straight down the lane.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Sure there are calls made at ends of games, just not when drivers force the issue against a set defense. We are used to seeing LeBron on the floor with someone other than Alex Caruso being the best open shooter. Knox was staying home on Kuzma. So much easier on Fizdale than if LeBron had been on the floor with George Hill, Love, Korver, and JR. (Luke really is an awful in-game coach BTW. I've worked with several HS coaches with more basketball sense, that game-ending lineup was a joke when you know a shotblocker is in the game, but I digress)

It's not DAJ being in the paint as much as him being camped in there while the defense is funneling LeBron to the left. If Mario plays him straight up and Bron can't get into the lane, then one could accurately say Mario stopped him solo. LeBron did actually get his shoulders past Hezonja on the drive, but stopped when DeAndre met him. The verticality rule supercedes any restricted area blocking call, and DAJ was ready to jump and challenge. LeBron should've kept going towards the baseline and hit an open Caruso in the corner, but oh well.

A floater from that angle is rare, and not really in LeBron's repertoire. Even Steph generally shoots them while going straight down the lane.

If you foul a guy driving at the end of the game the ref will blow the whistle. Also the only reason he had that angle is he couldn't get past his defender. Also didn't Lebron win a game last year with a baseline floater? Now are you really trying to tell me a player of Lebron's caliber can't do a floater...? Unless you are using the glass the angle of approach doesn't matter.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
I went from "I'll support Bron because he is a Laker and I'll forget any issues I had with him" to "LeBron just reconfirmed everything I accused him of being."

We'll see. To be continued.

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:40 am    Post subject:

pkflyers wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
I went from "I'll support Bron because he is a Laker and I'll forget any issues I had with him" to "LeBron just reconfirmed everything I accused him of being."

Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

If you foul a guy driving at the end of the game the ref will blow the whistle. Also the only reason he had that angle is he couldn't get past his defender. Also didn't Lebron win a game last year with a baseline floater? Now are you really trying to tell me a player of Lebron's caliber can't do a floater...? Unless you are using the glass the angle of approach doesn't matter.

LeBron did use the glass for that game winner vs Toronto. That was also in transition, the two scenarios have little in common.

When a defender is giving you left and cutting off your right, going right isn't happening. I don't care if the ballhandler is Iverson, he's still going left. If DAJ wasn't there, LeBron has an EASY layup. Mario wasn't the reason he stopped dead in his tracks. LeBron's shoulders were past him and he had the layup if the team spacing had been decent. Believing LeBron just precipitously declined in the 9 months since the Finals is a HUGE overreaction.

Hailing Mario as the hero would be like giving Lonzo all the credit for stopping Harden on that play where he blocked James's shot (last year @ HOU) when the Lakers were in a Box-and-1.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

LeBron did use the glass for that game winner vs Toronto. That was also in transition, the two scenarios have little in common.

When a defender is giving you left and cutting off your right, going right isn't happening. I don't care if the ballhandler is Iverson, he's still going left. If DAJ wasn't there, LeBron has an EASY layup. Mario wasn't the reason he stopped dead in his tracks. LeBron's shoulders were past him and he had the layup if the team spacing had been decent. Believing LeBron just precipitously declined in the 9 months since the Finals is a HUGE overreaction.

Hailing Mario as the hero would be like giving Lonzo all the credit for stopping Harden on that play where he blocked James's shot (last year @ HOU) when the Lakers were in a Box-and-1.

anyone can make any shot in the nba. just because you make a shot doesn't mean you are good at it. so you have to consider the entire body of work really. lebron made that winner, sure. at the time i was like, man, that is not a shot he is good at. in i think the first game of this season, lebron tried that exact shot again, and he bricked it like wildly. and not because it was well defended or anything, he just bricked it. so there you go. he made the shot, kudos...but if people are thinking that's a shot he is good at, lol. kuz is the best at that shot on our team btw.
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

Isnt he shooting a movie this summer? Hard to focus on making a movie for a few months and dedicate himself to basketball at the same time.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

pkflyers wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

So when a defender tries to force you left you can't go right..? Really? You can crossover against a person's defensive stance to get right, you can go left and spin to the right.... If suddenly all you have to do to stop Lebron is "force" him left and have a big man near the paint... We are in a lot of trouble.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
So when a defender tries to force you left you can't go right..? Really? You can crossover against a person's defensive stance to get right, you can go left and spin to the right.... If suddenly all you have to do to stop Lebron is "force" him left and have a big man near the paint... We are in a lot of trouble.

I neglected to mention that Fizdale's strategy was more about keeping LeBron from going down the middle with a full head of steam than it is about him going left or right.

You are right that a player can make moves to beat a defender even if said defender is "forcing" him one way, but these lateral moves allow the help defenders another split second to set up, so it defeats the purpose. It also decreases the offensive player's momentum, which in turn affects the maximum vertical leap. These moves work better in transition, or if the driving player is surrounded with shooters. Any spin into traffic against a set defense rarely draws a foul.

We are in trouble if LeBron doesn't trust his shooters, and he didn't seem to be looking for anyone at the end of the Knicks game, even with a man wide open. LeBron won't be able to drive against a set defense with an elite anchor in the paint unless he has shooters he can trust and that opposing coaches will honor. Right now Lance and Rondo are the two highest % three point shooters, and nobody is guarding Rondo, and Lance only makes one per game, and is streaky.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

anyone can make any shot in the nba. just because you make a shot doesn't mean you are good at it. so you have to consider the entire body of work really. lebron made that winner, sure. at the time i was like, man, that is not a shot he is good at. in i think the first game of this season, lebron tried that exact shot again, and he bricked it like wildly. and not because it was well defended or anything, he just bricked it. so there you go. he made the shot, kudos...but if people are thinking that's a shot he is good at, lol. kuz is the best at that shot on our team btw.

Agreed. Kuz is by far the best and doesn't even need the backboard most times. It does help to be in the key rather than at an angle, as the backboard can be your friend and help the ball bounce in, even if the shot is left a bit short.

I was wrong, LeBron also hit one game-winning floater against Brooklyn last year. But it was with his right, and with Mario draped over his right hand at the end of Sunday's game, a lefty floater from that angle wouldn't draw iron, most likely.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

Agreed. Kuz is by far the best and doesn't even need the backboard most times. It does help to be in the key rather than at an angle, as the backboard can be your friend and help the ball bounce in, even if the shot is left a bit short.

I was wrong, LeBron also hit one game-winning floater against Brooklyn last year. But it was with his right, and with Mario draped over his right hand at the end of Sunday's game, a lefty floater from that angle wouldn't draw iron, most likely.

I'll keep it simple. Most offensive scores for lebron are either the easiest shot that any player could make (layups, dunks), or he makes them once in a while but the highlights make it seem like he makes it all the time, and 3pters and anything really tough is just luck with him. he is literally an average scorer. please dont ask me then why he scores 30ppg.

ill give a recent example....lebron activated playoff mode a few days ago...then someone posted that he has made like 29-33 of his layups and dunks. im like so what. everyone makes 90% of layups and dunks. so i checked what the other shots were....lol...literally anything not a layup and dunk he was 31%. so much for playoff mode. the big bamboozler.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject:

LeBron's inability to at least be an above average free throw shooter disgusts me...

This is terrible.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

Just because you go left doesn't mean you have to shoot the floater with the left hand... I mean we are acting like floaters are some high level shot or something... Heck I haven't played ball in forever but I can still run out a shoot a floater and knock it down pretty consistently. Heck Curry will throw the ball 30 feet up and splash them for giggles in practice. The fact of the matter is, with a full shot clock to work with, Lebron should be getting a better shot than that. Even if that means posting up, or giving the ball up and getting it back. That play was flat out awful and inexcusable.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

Just because you go left doesn't mean you have to shoot the floater with the left hand... I mean we are acting like floaters are some high level shot or something... Heck I haven't played ball in forever but I can still run out a shoot a floater and knock it down pretty consistently. Heck Curry will throw the ball 30 feet up and splash them for giggles in practice. The fact of the matter is, with a full shot clock to work with, Lebron should be getting a better shot than that. Even if that means posting up, or giving the ball up and getting it back. That play was flat out awful and inexcusable.

That play was atrocious and LeBron waited too long to initiate anything. That's on him. The play call and lineup was on Luke.

Normally he would shoot a righty floater going left, but with Hezonja on his right, it wouldn't be a clean look. He should've started his drive 3 seconds sooner, put a few more moves (spin?) on Mario and tried to get into the lane for a floater, JW3 could've had a chance at a rebound if nothing else. It was like LeBron didn't see DeAndre waiting in the lane (until it was too late), or Caruso wide open in the corner. He's used to playing 5-out on final possessions, that doesn't work unless coaches fear our shooters.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

I'll keep it simple. Most offensive scores for lebron are either the easiest shot that any player could make (layups, dunks), or he makes them once in a while but the highlights make it seem like he makes it all the time, and 3pters and anything really tough is just luck with him. he is literally an average scorer. please dont ask me then why he scores 30ppg.

ill give a recent example....lebron activated playoff mode a few days ago...then someone posted that he has made like 29-33 of his layups and dunks. im like so what. everyone makes 90% of layups and dunks. so i checked what the other shots were....lol...literally anything not a layup and dunk he was 31%. so much for playoff mode. the big bamboozler.

LeBron does keep things vanilla most times. He may not be an all-purpose scorer, but that combo of size and agility is unique, and that's why he gets 28 ppg.

Given our spacing, 29-33 on layups or dunks isn't all bad. Hard to activate playoff mode with a preseason roster and with two other playmakers he has zero chemistry with. Add to that our shooting woes that would make the '92 Knicks blush.

But the Lakers won't trade him. Should he get back to MVP-form elsewhere, that would be the death knell for our franchise. Chants of "We want Phil" would echo throughout Staples.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
LeBron's inability to at least be an above average free throw shooter disgusts me...

This is terrible.

It's very worrisome. I could be imagining things, but since we traded Clarkson to Cleveland, I notice LeBron leaning forward on nearly every attempt, like Clarkson does. Doesn't seem to work for LeBron.

I remember Shaq doing the same in the 2002 playoffs right before toe surgery seemed to correct the problem. But LeBron leans so far forward, I expect a lane violation to be called one of these days.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

I never liked the queen, but I am not going to slam him yet. If he can bring a sidekick here this off season, he is worth the drama. If not, the question is:

Top 3 player in the league <>Difficult (almost toxic) environment surrounding him, limited to no D, can not hit his free throws, sytmies development of pups.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: