*Official* Tank Thread 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
No one is willing to fall out, like I said it looks like we are gonna stay at the 10th spot... everyone wants a shot at Zion.

As long as we lose to the Wizards & NOP, we will fall to 8th.

Along with all the rest of our games...
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:32 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
No one is willing to fall out, like I said it looks like we are gonna stay at the 10th spot... everyone wants a shot at Zion.

As long as we lose to the Wizards & NOP, we will fall to 8th.

Along with all the rest of our games...

If the last 10 game wins/losses repeated itself for all teams we would end up with the 7th spot.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject:

with how the Lakers played Lebron well over the minutes restriction last night its clear to coaching staff is trying to sabotage the tank.
And there's pretty big odds at stake. A very doable drop from #10 to #8 would nearly double the odds of a top 4 pick from roughly 1 in 7 to 1 in 4. Another drop to #7 would bring the odds to about 1 in 3.
Luckily we have still been losing but we are bound to win some games with lame duck Walton willing to run Lebron into the ground. Its time to just completely shut down Lebron.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

If we lose out, including games against Washington and New Orleans, we can be no worse than tied for 8th. Memphis, who is 7th and trying to convey their pick, is two wins in front of us and has four total games remaining against Dallas (2), Phoenix and Minnesota. That means there is a decent chance losing out puts us tied for 7th, if not holding the spot oughtright.

The New Orleans game will be a tank for the ages. Two to three spots in the draft may be at stake.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
If we lose out, including games against Washington and New Orleans, we can be no worse than tied for 8th. Memphis, who is 7th and trying to convey their pick, is two wins in front of us and has four total games remaining against Dallas (2), Phoenix and Minnesota. That means there is a decent chance losing out puts us tied for 7th, if not holding the spot oughtright.

The New Orleans game will be a tank for the ages. Two to three spots in the draft may be at stake.

I don't know about you but I'd really like to see what Machado can do in place of Lebron.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

I don't know about you but I'd really like to see what Machado can do in place of Lebron.

FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

Very true! This will be very much a "bizzarro World" championship game!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Better be Manny Machado, I heard he is pretty good
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Better be Manny Machado, I heard he is pretty good

G-League sensation and rising star Scott Machado. It is time to unleash him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Hornets win
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Need Washington to lose tonight.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:

Why?
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:

Why?

lol. My bad!!!!

Need Washington to win tonight!!!! Thanks IG!
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject:

I would expect Memphis will start shutting down their key players soon; they need to keep their pick.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject:

What a comeback by Kemba and the Hornets.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Dallas destroying the Ws.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject:

running out of time and games.....Dallas is about to get win #29 tonight.

Teams we need to pass.....we have 31 wins and 10 games left.

Pelicans - 31 wins - 8 games left including home games against Atlanta, Lakers and @ Phoenix.

Wizards - 30 wins - 8 games left including away games at the Lakers, Phoenix, and the Knicks. Also have a home game against Chicago.

Grizzlies - 29 wins - 9 games left including away games @ Phoenix and Dallas....and a home game against Dallas.

Dallas - 29 wins - 9 games including home games against TWolves, Grizzlies and Phoenix. Also an away game against the Grizzlies.

It feels like if we lose out, we will at least be tied for the 6th spot, then it comes down to a coin toss. Maybe we would have the 6th spot all alone. Another win, and we are likely in the 8th spot at best.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

It feels like if we lose out, we will at least be tied for the 6th spot, then it comes down to a coin toss. Maybe we would have the 6th spot all alone. Another win, and we are likely in the 8th spot at best.

Coin toss only impacts default order, doesn’t change odds as those will be averaged between the tied teams.

If we lose to NOP and Washington, we are going to finish the year with 32 wins, which will likely be good for at worst 8th. 33 wins will like be tied for 10th.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Pelicans - 31 wins - 8 games left including home games against Atlanta, Lakers and @ Phoenix.

Wizards - 30 wins - 8 games left including away games at the Lakers, Phoenix, and the Knicks. Also have a home game against Chicago.

Grizzlies - 29 wins - 9 games left including away games @ Phoenix and Dallas....and a home game against Dallas.

Dallas - 29 wins - 9 games including home games against TWolves, Grizzlies and Phoenix. Also an away game against the Grizzlies.

The Lakers play two teams with a worse record than them and we will see other teams shutting down, so I can't see them losing out for the rest of the season.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Need to shut down LBJ. Start Machado, Andre Ingram, Kuzma, McGee, and Williams.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Other factor to consider is we could see a lot of playoff teams rest players in the last game of the season if it doesn't impact seeding.

GS's last two games are NOP and Memphis and if they are the #2 seed, they will rest players.

Boston's last game is against Washington and Boston might be locked in as the 5th seed already.

San Antonio last game is Dallas and they could be locked in as the 8th seed.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
adkindo wrote:

The Lakers play two teams with a worse record than them and we will see other teams shutting down, so I can't see them losing out for the rest of the season.

I agree, it will have to take an "effort" to lose out. Even sitting Lebron, we could just have a hot night. That said, a 40% chance at a Top 4 pick and a 10% chance at #1 is worth losing out in my opinion.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Wizards might be more of a dysfunctional franchise then the Lakers right now.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:12 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Practice wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I agree, it will have to take an "effort" to lose out. Even sitting Lebron, we could just have a hot night. That said, a 40% chance at a Top 4 pick and a 10% chance at #1 is worth losing out in my opinion.

Thanks for the break down in the tank wars schedule!

%40 for a top 4 pick, and %10 at a chance for Zion, sure is worth all the effort possible to lose out.....Do the lakers FO know this?

Zion and kawhi join Bron and BI/Ball/Kuz.... ...One can dream....
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject:

I have lost my passion of watching the game but looking at the minutes distribution and highlight, Luke and LBJ are not tanking. We are just a really bad team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 44 of 67
Jump to: