Google Stadia (Google's New Gaming Platform)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Never in my wildest dreams did I think this thread would turn into a PnP special haha. Did not know he was a gamer lol
i dont know who pnp is. but i do know i love tech. but the funny thing is, google just hijacked MS's "The Cloud"

i know you guys remember Crackdown 3 + the Cloud. thats all this is. The difference may be that they will be able to do it better just by the fact its been years later since MS made that statement and now the basic household internet speeds are much higher than they were back then. what most people couldnt imagine then is some what a realistic thing now for most.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Stadia (Google's New Gaming Platform)

DuncanIdaho wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
So because someone has a bad connection now everyone has to have a bad connection. Got it.
umm where did you come to that conclusion? lol.

No. its the same way it is right now. if you play someone with a crappy connection, no matter how good your connection is, it will be a lag fest. due to the other guys/gals lag.

They need to allow you to set filters where you only link up to people with a good ping/connection speed. yes this will stop some people from playing others. oh well. I dont want to race cars when I have an exotic and you have a commuter. where your car slows down my car. let the slow connects play with the slow connects, and the good to best play with one another. this will make for a much better experience for at least the good to best guys. the lag people always experience lag so their lives wont change much.

they use to do this in some games, where they would show you the players ping. I wouldnt touch anyone with that red ping. lol. and i would ask people what color was mine.

They already do that right now. If your ping is bad or over a certain number, you get dropped from the server, depending on who's running the server and what they've set the threshold to. At least for the games I play.
they do it for some pc games, you are correct. but not for most console games.

This thing is about to bring us all together. xbox tried to do that with cross play. welp, who needs a cross play when we can all play on the highest spec cpus, ram, and gpus since we are using scalable cloud computer.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject:

I work at Google so I guess I have some bias, but I do really want this to succeed. I bought a PS4 because I really wanted to play a pair of games that were supposed to stellar in my particular niche of video games. I played them, and they were stellar. So I don't regret the purchase, but if I could've just played them on the cloud that would've been way better. Less space, less environmental impact of manufacturing stuff and shipping it to me, etc.
I'm not sure how many people are like me, but I generally want to play 1-2 games per year. Consoles don't give me that much bang for my buck, and I don't own or want a desktop PC.

I also suspect casual COD (or whatever) players who aren't good enough to notice or experienced enough to be aware of lag will find this better than buying a console.

Most of DuncanIdaho's criticisms don't even apply to console gamers. Most people who buy digitally don't own their content, and barring (bleep) firmware like with the Wii, they can't mod their games. The only real issue is that when your wifi is down, so is your video game... but I think a lot of gamers have pretty reliable wifi (after all, the same criticism can be made of online games but that doesn't stop them from being exceptionally popular).
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject:

^ I’m the same tox. I play one game until I’m tired of it before moving on to the next. So I end up playing 2-3 games per year at most. I avoid PCs because of the hardware updates and stuff you have to make whereas consoles stay the same for everyone for several years.

Guess that’s the end of the 2KX series huh? There will just be one 2K that gets updated on the fly.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject:

I don't think this will affect AAA titles at all. There's space for both to coexist. Companies like CD Projekt will continue to put out gold standard titles regardless.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Google Stadia (Google's New Gaming Platform)

splashmtn wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
RIP quality AAA games
Nope. if this works as advertised the quality of all games can go way up including AAA games.

You ever played a good shooter with 100ms latency between every action? lol
Do you know what the current online lag is from game to game, system to system , person to person?

How many times have you been shot up knowing good and well you shot first on a shooter thanks to lag? and it probably isnt your lag, its probably theirs.

The truth is this. to playing online and to do so with minimal lag. you need to have a solid connection. if you dont, do not expect to play a solid onlin game. thats the way it is right now. so that should not change with stadia.

so lets not even talk about peopl with bad connections. You should then be able to choose the people you are willing to connect to. i know this means locking out those with bad connections. again ...so... it is..what it is. they do not have a connection good enough to play a solid game. dont ruin my experience forcing me to play any and everyone with any kind of bad connection.
So now having a choice on who you play based on connection will get rid of that severe lag.

https://venturebeat.com/2019/03/19/how-googles-stadia-controller-eliminates-some-input-lag/
Quote:
But Google did pack some interesting tech into the controller. And one of its most impressive capabilities could help reduce the lag of streaming a game over the internet.

A Wi-Fi gamepad
Traditionally, you would want to connect a controller directly to your Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or PC. But that would introduce a number of barriers between you and the game with Stadia. You don’t want the controller connecting to the app and then to the game. And that’s not how Google built this device.

Instead, the Stadia Controller uses Wi-Fi to connect directly to the game in the cloud. This bypasses a lot of the potential hurdles that could cause input lag.
You may still get visual latency — we haven’t tested Stadia yet. But a direct-connect Wi-Fi controller should go a long way toward making games feel snappy and responsive.

The nice thing is the action decision is on Google's server, so if you lag you don't gain advantage. With peer 2 peer that decision happens on the consoles and has to be negotiated.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Stadia (Google's New Gaming Platform)

LakersRGolden wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
RIP quality AAA games
Nope. if this works as advertised the quality of all games can go way up including AAA games.

You ever played a good shooter with 100ms latency between every action? lol
Do you know what the current online lag is from game to game, system to system , person to person?

How many times have you been shot up knowing good and well you shot first on a shooter thanks to lag? and it probably isnt your lag, its probably theirs.

The truth is this. to playing online and to do so with minimal lag. you need to have a solid connection. if you dont, do not expect to play a solid onlin game. thats the way it is right now. so that should not change with stadia.

so lets not even talk about peopl with bad connections. You should then be able to choose the people you are willing to connect to. i know this means locking out those with bad connections. again ...so... it is..what it is. they do not have a connection good enough to play a solid game. dont ruin my experience forcing me to play any and everyone with any kind of bad connection.
So now having a choice on who you play based on connection will get rid of that severe lag.

https://venturebeat.com/2019/03/19/how-googles-stadia-controller-eliminates-some-input-lag/
Quote:
But Google did pack some interesting tech into the controller. And one of its most impressive capabilities could help reduce the lag of streaming a game over the internet.

A Wi-Fi gamepad
Traditionally, you would want to connect a controller directly to your Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or PC. But that would introduce a number of barriers between you and the game with Stadia. You don’t want the controller connecting to the app and then to the game. And that’s not how Google built this device.

Instead, the Stadia Controller uses Wi-Fi to connect directly to the game in the cloud. This bypasses a lot of the potential hurdles that could cause input lag.
You may still get visual latency — we haven’t tested Stadia yet. But a direct-connect Wi-Fi controller should go a long way toward making games feel snappy and responsive.

The nice thing is the action decision is on Google's server, so if you lag you don't gain advantage. With peer 2 peer that decision happens on the consoles and has to be negotiated.
Right.
first person that hits the button with the best connection wins. lol
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject:

https://store.google.com/product/stadia_founders_edition

Pre-orders open. I think I’m gonna take the plunge fellas
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
https://store.google.com/product/stadia_founders_edition

Pre-orders open. I think I’m gonna take the plunge fellas

I am not even a gamer and I am tempted
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:34 am    Post subject:

I placed my preorder. 130 bucks (141 after taxes) isn’t too bad to give it a try. Bundle includes a chrome cast ultra, controller, three months of service included, and destiny 2 which I don’t have yet. Might as well take a look.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:58 am    Post subject:

Microsoft will show their streaming plan tomorrow and Sony sometime in the future with an improved PS Now service.

I think this will be very niche for the next 6 years.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:36 am    Post subject:

As expected, Google kills this product too

https://blog.google/products/stadia/message-on-stadia-streaming-strategy/
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:11 am    Post subject:

Terrible idea, terrible execution, was always going to suck. Good riddance.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:50 am    Post subject:

Microsoft's Game Pass is the way of the future. At some point these companies are going to need to have the option to stream your library from wherever you are. Streaming won't replace the traditional console experience, but it will enhance the "gamer" experience.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: