OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1798, 1799, 1800 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Japago wrote:

That's surprising. I usually see him getting the ball, him stopping the ball, then him either taking a mid range jumper or taking the ball to the rim.

Even looking at highlights, I see a lot of him handling the ball and teammates just standing around.

It's 2019, we don't go by our eyes, we use data.

His PPP on ISOs was 9th best in the NBA when he got pulled for the clot I believe (it's a few pages earlier in this thread).

I use stats too. RPM, BPM, and VORP have Ingram as a negative impact player. Each of those stats have like 400+ players ranked ahead of Ingram.

Even if he is good in ISO, does that positively impact the team? He's not good playing within the offense, which is what he needs to do.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Japago wrote:

That's surprising. I usually see him getting the ball, him stopping the ball, then him either taking a mid range jumper or taking the ball to the rim.

Even looking at highlights, I see a lot of him handling the ball and teammates just standing around.

His PPP on ISOs was 9th best in the NBA when he got pulled for the clot I believe (it's a few pages earlier in this thread).

I use stats too. RPM, BPM, and VORP have Ingram as a negative impact player. Each of those stats have like 400+ players ranked ahead of Ingram.

Even if he is good in ISO, does that positively impact the team? He's not good playing within the offense, which is what he needs to do.

good maybe the ones that aren't paying attention won't notice his improvement and he will fly under the radar
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I will wait for more confirmation re: BI’s value diminished...
Ramona saying it will be more believable.

Doesn't matter to me if his trade value is diminished.. I prefer him here anyway, as do most Laker fans.

Same here.

He’s ready to be a 20-25PPG scorer next year.

Don't see that happening with the Lakers. Maybe if he's dealt.

if he's not it will be because we don't need it...undefeated until christmas?
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I will wait for more confirmation re: BI’s value diminished...
Ramona saying it will be more believable.

Doesn't matter to me if his trade value is diminished.. I prefer him here anyway, as do most Laker fans.

Same here.

He’s ready to be a 20-25PPG scorer next year.

Don't see that happening with the Lakers. Maybe if he's dealt.

Dude was on pace to average 19PPG this season, so it's not that big of a stretch.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Japago wrote:

I think even those who aren't thrilled with Ingram can agree he's a top 400 player.

When you see that, it makes me question the value of the stat rather than the player.

I'm not saying they have no value, but there is something severely flawed if they have Ingram below 400.

I remember debating early in the season pointing out that Brooklyn had a bunch of players who were all in the top tier for real plus minus.

I'd say they had a pretty successful season but they still have a sub .500 record.

There's something to be said for some of the old fashioned meat and potatoes stats.

Ingram improved his TS%, his scoring average, his eFG%, and was strongly trending upwards on all of those before his injury.

Even when he was hot, he didn't keep chucking like Kuzma often does... he stayed within the flow of the game and took his opportunities as they came.

If he had the conscience of Kobe or Booker, he could have had a 40 or 50 point game during that hot patch.

He does have areas to improve, but if he gains strength, works on his three and free throws... he becomes an untradeable asset in my mind.

I really hope we don't cut him loose for some middle tier star, as we will come to regret it in a few years.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Japago wrote:
Had the feeling Ingram's trade value is gone. Ingram is an expiring contract too.

It stinks. I've said plenty of times that I think the guy's box score stats are massively overrated. His production doesn't do any good when his play negatively affects everyone else around him. Most of his production comes from him dominating the ball or having plays set-up for him. It's not a coincidence that the Lakers haven't won his great statistical games over the years and that he has horrible advanced stats.

Yea I’ve been saying this for a while. Hopefully we are proven wrong next year and he starts having big games in winning efforts. I think a coach coming in and adjusting his style of play would do wonders.

I take it you guys aren't hoping to get Kyrie or Kemba in the offseason.

Neither are near the top of the list. I’m much more open to Kemba though.

You see his team's record his first few seasons in the NBA? And he entered the league at the age BI is now....

Nope and I don’t see the relevance. We’re attempting to get prime Kemba now not rookie Kemba. And I’ve already said I don’t even really want him but the Lakers aren’t in a position to be picky. I also don’t remember Kemba being unable to win games with LeBron on his team. I hope Ingram can adapt his game into a more winning style but as of now, he hasn’t proven his production leads to team success.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Japago wrote:

That’s the thing. ISO basketball will always be overvalued by fans but that’s not how you win in today’s NBA and he needs to find something else to hang his hat on. If you aren’t a superstar you need to have a role you can excel in. What is his? Thats why I think a new coach could potentially do wonders. But if the new coach can’t show him the value of changing his game, I worry he will continue to put up somewhat empty stats.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

Not so funny that the same guy that gets his fact wrong in OT threads is back trying to pontificate against BI
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Japago wrote:
Had the feeling Ingram's trade value is gone. Ingram is an expiring contract too.

It stinks. I've said plenty of times that I think the guy's box score stats are massively overrated. His production doesn't do any good when his play negatively affects everyone else around him. Most of his production comes from him dominating the ball or having plays set-up for him. It's not a coincidence that the Lakers haven't won his great statistical games over the years and that he has horrible advanced stats.

I thought gone were the days where noobs and experts alike tried to tell us how badly Ingram sucked. I guess I was wrong. Must not have seen any of Ingram post All-Star Break. 27 points a (bleep) game. If healthy he’ll probably be an All-Star next season, especially if he was in the east. Ingram and DLO will be the same level of player for years to come, except Ingram is two years younger. If healthy, I’ll willing to wager there will be an Ingram/Simmons debate when it’s all said and done.

All doubters can take their advanced stats and shove it.

He doesn't suck, but he's not great either. He's actually similar in Russell and Randle and that they all need their own teams. They dominate the ball and their teams have to conform to them. But even after that, those teams will have a limited amount of success.

Russell's success has been overrated. The Nets are a .500 team in the East and Russell has barely passable efficiency. He's 3rd in the league in usage, with a higher rate than LeBron. But, he is a much better passer than Ingram.

I think Ingram and D'Lo will have a similar amount of success in the league, but I don't think that's a good thing.

I disagree, but fair enough. I’ll let the others argue with you. 😝
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Japago wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Japago wrote:

I thought gone were the days where noobs and experts alike tried to tell us how badly Ingram sucked. I guess I was wrong. Must not have seen any of Ingram post All-Star Break. 27 points a (bleep) game. If healthy he’ll probably be an All-Star next season, especially if he was in the east. Ingram and DLO will be the same level of player for years to come, except Ingram is two years younger. If healthy, I’ll willing to wager there will be an Ingram/Simmons debate when it’s all said and done.

All doubters can take their advanced stats and shove it.

He doesn't suck, but he's not great either. He's actually similar in Russell and Randle and that they all need their own teams. They dominate the ball and their teams have to conform to them. But even after that, those teams will have a limited amount of success.

Russell's success has been overrated. The Nets are a .500 team in the East and Russell has barely passable efficiency. He's 3rd in the league in usage, with a higher rate than LeBron. But, he is a much better passer than Ingram.

I think Ingram and D'Lo will have a similar amount of success in the league, but I don't think that's a good thing.

I disagree, but fair enough. I’ll let the others argue with you. 😝

Nets starting 5

DLO (lotto)
Graham (undrafted)
Harris (second round)
Kurucs (second round)
Allen (after kuzma)
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

In one of the articles it said he would rejoin the team sometime late in the season to be support the team.

Haven’t seen him at a game yet. Would be cool to see him on Tuesday.

Miss watching dude play. Get better BI!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xTZtHnMKQoo

Check out his highlights, he was very Impressive before he got injured, if I’m the Lakers I would hesitate trading him.

He’s gonna be very very good next year.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xTZtHnMKQoo

Check out his highlights, he was very Impressive before he got injured, if I’m the Lakers I would hesitate trading him.

He’s gonna be very very good next year.

left and right meat hooks
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

BI can score, and he defends well, he just doesn’t shoot well and it’s best if he doesn’t dominate the ball. Ingram really gets a chance to show his worth if

1. We get a star perimeter player who can shoot well

2. Ingram makes the leap to be able to shoot from the perimeter and open three point shots well.

That’s the Lakers challenge and Brandon’s.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
BI can score, and he defends well, he just doesn’t shoot well and it’s best if he doesn’t dominate the ball. Ingram really gets a chance to show his worth if

2. Ingram makes the leap to be able to shoot from the perimeter and open three point shots well.

Ingram's eFG% was higher than Kobe's throughout his entire career.

His TS% last season was higher than Kobe's career average.

That is incredible considering he shot his free throws poorly.

Ingram needs to improve his three and FT% but people are exaggerating how poor his shooting is.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Does BI survive all this or is he next to get traded?
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

BI is the future of the franchise and I’m all in.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
BI is the future of the franchise and I’m all in.

I cannot say he is the "definitive" future of the franchise, but, he IMO is a major factor in the future of the franchise, an integral part (part of a BIG 3). His last 6 games this past season at 28PPG I believe was an appetizer of what's to come....
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

BI, Zo and Kuzma are def the future of this franchise imo I add Kuzma because I view him as an extension of Lonzo on offense. They really do have special chemistry and compliment each other very well. It would be nice if we can add one more piece this draft. A Big-man that can grow with those 3 like bol bol or Daniel Gafford

Gafford would be a nice piece fr

He runs the floor and can keep up. Unless we can get WCS this summer somehow.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I do not get the poor shooting comments in the slightest.. His shot actually looks really smooth imo.. He def. needs to improve from 3 and sometimes not settle but those are both very fixable. Every time he took a jumper inside the 3 point line I expected it to go in which is pretty rare for this team to say the least. I would actually be surprised if he didn't become at least a solid 3 point shooter starting next season. If he does, you're looking at a guy who is an absolute nightmare for anyone in the NBA to match up against.

The crazy thing about him is that he is still very young and has not even come close to his potential ceiling. He just keeps getting better and better.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
h2omike wrote:

Ingram's eFG% was higher than Kobe's throughout his entire career.

His TS% last season was higher than Kobe's career average.

That is incredible considering he shot his free throws poorly.

Ingram needs to improve his three and FT% but people are exaggerating how poor his shooting is.

Ingram takes more than half his shots within 10 feet, Kobe took only a third of his shots from within 10 feet. Kobe had a better touch from midrange, and even though Ingram does hit at a higher clip from 16 feet and beyond, that barely represents 25% of his shots.

Teams sagged off Ingram when LeBron or Rondo had the ball. Ingram is a good cutter but other than that, he doesn't fit with LeBron and wouldn't fit at all with most of the FA class aside from Klay. Really needs to shoot more threes, and with a quicker release.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Yeah, I do not get the poor shooting comments in the slightest.. His shot actually looks really smooth imo.. He def. needs to improve from 3 and sometimes not settle but those are both very fixable. Every time he took a jumper inside the 3 point line I expected it to go in which is pretty rare for this team to say the least. I would actually be surprised if he didn't become at least a solid 3 point shooter starting next season. If he does, you're looking at a guy who is an absolute nightmare for anyone in the NBA to match up against.

The crazy thing about him is that he is still very young and has not even come close to his potential ceiling. He just keeps getting better and better.

I seriously can't understand why people didn't see it from the beginning...just too much popo

I got suspended twice arguing analytics/eye test with GT last year...eye test won bigly
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:17 am    Post subject:

lol @ the Ingram still doesn't fit narrative.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Japago wrote:

Within what offense? That IS the offense.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1798, 1799, 1800 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1799 of 1885
Jump to: