Report: Lakers teammates became distrustful of LeBron
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject:

24ways2die wrote:
The only one that seemed unbothered and actually played better after the trade talks was BI.

Cuz he’s not about this life. Dude is a killah!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
LeBron is a basketball disease...

Never seen one player associated with so much turmoil.

Eh. MJ, Kobe, Magic and other superstars pushed their GMs to make trades to improve their teams. The difference was they played in eras where this stuff was more likely to stay under wraps and where they didn't have the same power to influence events, because contracts were shorter with less opt-outs.

Lebron is a creature of the social media age. He doesn't mind whining in public that he needs help. He doesn't mind chastizing his GM for not improving the team.

And, often it seems, his public complaints do lead his GMs to take actions to improve his squads. Partly that's a consequence of the times because stars can leave teams more easily.

I don't know that that means Lebron's teams have had more turmoil than MJ's, Kobe's, Magic's, etc. The turmoil is just more public. But again that's partly the Internet age, where things don't stay quiet as long.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Distrustful? I thought King sitting by himself at the end of the bench was his version of team building. I’m shocked and awed, fam.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Trust him for what?

What does that even mean?

He makes all the passes he should be making, some guys need to look in the mirror before running that loser mentality crap.

The Lakers traded Shaq, Gasol, Odom, Adrian Dantley, Norm Nixon, Vlade Divac, Eddie Jones, Nick Van Exel, Cedric Ceballos, and Andrew Bynum. That’s four Hall of Famers and 7 guys who were all-stars as Lakers.

Do Ingram, Kuz, and Ball really they’re untouchables?

And I agree with you: I have no idea what kind of trust people are talking about. Do Kuz, Ball and Ingram think it's Lebron's job to go to management and argue against trading them or something?
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject:

just another anti-Lakers/anti-Lebron hit piece.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject:

nobody trusts a carpet bagger
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Trust him for what?

What does that even mean?

He makes all the passes he should be making, some guys need to look in the mirror before running that loser mentality crap.

The Lakers traded Shaq, Gasol, Odom, Adrian Dantley, Norm Nixon, Vlade Divac, Eddie Jones, Nick Van Exel, Cedric Ceballos, and Andrew Bynum. That’s four Hall of Famers and 7 guys who were all-stars as Lakers.

Do Ingram, Kuz, and Ball really they’re untouchables?

And I agree with you: I have no idea what kind of trust people are talking about. Do Kuz, Ball and Ingram think it's Lebron's job to go to management and argue against trading them or something?

Trust him to have his teammates back and not go recruiting other players when the things don't immediately go his way?

Imagine if you worked in a sales office and the first time you didn't meet your goal, one of your fellow workers was trying to recruit a friend to take your place while shipping you and your family off to New Orleans.

It looks bad ass when Alec Baldwin does it in Glengarry Glen Ross... but in real life it's a f*cked up move that ruins team chemistry and builds feelings of antipathy and resentment.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Hypocrite and a liar...
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Too much hate in this country and it starts at the top...trying not to be like this 'Ike'
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Thus far, Lebron has been as impactful to Laker success as other aged or damaged rentals have been. Right now he's in the category with Nash, Dwight, Malone, Payton, & the Worm. All were All Time greats prior to their Laker stints, aren't part of the Lakers HOF. He's got three years to move out of that group. In years 17,18, & 19 of his career, I'm not liking the odds of his separating from that group and joining the Laker HOF. It's just highly unlikely. His NBA career is amonst the best no matter what, but his Laker career? Meh...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject:

24ways2die wrote:
The only one that seemed unbothered and actually played better after the trade talks was BI.

He showed he's not mentally soft like a lot of players his generation are.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Trust him to have his teammates back and not go recruiting other players when the things don't immediately go his way?

Honestly, I don't even know what "have their backs" means in this context.

Like I said before, Lebron isn't their buddy or their dad. He had no special attachment or commitment or obligation to these guys. If the Lakers could ship them out and improve the team, why wouldn't he want that? I think any superstar in his position would.

Sentient Meat wrote:
Imagine if you worked in a sales office and the first time you didn't meet your goal, one of your fellow workers was trying to recruit a friend to take your place while shipping you and your family off to New Orleans.

The analogy falls flat. Salesperson don't have contracts where they know they can be traded at any time to another company; NBA players do. It's simply part of the business they work in.

They work in one of the world's most competitive fields, are under intense pressure to perform, and make millions of dollars. There are hundreds if not thousands of people dedicating their lives to taking their jobs away. If teams can find someone who can perform better, they'll be moved out.

This isn't a park league where you get a participation trophy.

Last edited by activeverb on Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

If that's what they expected, they are being naive. LIke I said before, Lebron isn't their buddy or their dad. He had no special attachment or commitment or obligation to these guys. If the Lakers could ship them out and improve the team, why wouldn't he want that? I think any superstar in his position would.

Sentient Meat wrote:

The analogy falls flat. Salesperson don't have contracts where they know they can be traded at any time to another company; NBA players do. It's simply part of the business they work in.

They work in one of the world's most competitive fields, are under intense pressure to perform, and make millions of dollars. There are hundreds if not thousands of people dedicating their lives to taking their jobs away. If teams can find someone who can perform better, they'll be moved out.

That hypermachismo rhetoric went out with the Great Santini.

You think you are going to get KD/Kawhi/Kyrie to come here by telling them that?

Did you learn nothing from Magic's tragic plane flight to Philly telling the kids to grow up?

This might have worked with the Greatest Generation or even Baby Boomers but Millennials and Generation Z kids will just tune out the white noise.

Magic's dinosaur ways helped implode the team...

We need a fresh modern approach and telling kids it's my way or the highway isn't going to work anymore.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:01 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

If that's what they expected, they are being naive. LIke I said before, Lebron isn't their buddy or their dad. He had no special attachment or commitment or obligation to these guys. If the Lakers could ship them out and improve the team, why wouldn't he want that? I think any superstar in his position would.

Sentient Meat wrote:

That hypermachismo rhetoric went out with the Great Santini.

You think you are going to get KD/Kawhi/Kyrie to come here by telling them that?

Did you learn nothing from Magic's tragic plane flight to Philly telling the kids to grow up?

This might have worked with the Greatest Generation or even Baby Boomers but Millennials and Generation Z kids will just tune out the white noise.

Magic's dinosaur ways helped implode the team...

We need a fresh modern approach and telling kids it's my way or the highway isn't going to work anymore.

You seem to be talking about how a GM interacts with his players. I agree there is no reason for a GM to be a jerk. However, that really doesn't have anything to do with what I was talking about.

My point is teams are always willing to trade virtually any player if they can improve their chances of winning by doing so. Any player who has been in the league for more than a year and doesn't realize that is incredibly naive and clueless. After a year, you've probably seen 20-25% of your teammates traded; why would you think it couldn't happen to you?

A GM can have a respectful, positive relationship with a player and still trade him; the two things aren't mutually exclusive.

A superstar can play well with his teammates on the court, and enjoy their company off the court, and still advocate for them to be traded if he thinks doing so will improve the team. That's not a betrayal. It's just part of the business these guys are in.

If there is a problem, I think it's self-entitlement on the part of the young guys. Ball has been raised by a dad who taught him to think of himself as god. Kuz seems to think of himself as a superstar before he's close to becoming one. If they were shocked to find out they are no different than the other non-superstars in the league who can be traded, it's about time.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:50 am    Post subject:

I don't think LeBron/Rich Paul/Klutch will never try to do stuff like the AD trade again.

It almost destroyed two teams and AD wasn't traded.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
I don't think LeBron/Rich Paul/Klutch will never try to do stuff like the AD trade again.

What, you think no star in the future will ever demand to be traded? And no superstar will ever press a team to put better talent around him?

The only one who handled the situation badly was Magic. He wasn't able to draw a line when he made an offer. He left his guys in the dark instead of addressing the rumors with them.

Other teams that went after AD handled it better because they lacked his desperation.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

MSN still exists?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
danzag wrote:

What, you think no star in the future will ever demand to be traded? And no superstar will ever press a team to put better talent around him?

The only one who handled the situation badly was Magic. He wasn't able to draw a line when he made an offer. He left his guys in the dark instead of addressing the rumors with them.

Other teams that went after AD handled it better because they lacked his desperation.

Come on, it was more than simply "demanding to be traded". Klutch really forced their way
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

Maybe Bron will say, "I didn't sign up for this." If we can get a decent haul for him to make up for all the assets lost, I'd be down with it.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

They shouldn’t have even trusted him to begin with based on what he did to Cleveland (twice) and then Miami... Dude is all about himself.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

Who cares? If they don't like LeBron, then they can like playing for another team. LeBron is the least of our problems.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Maybe Bron will say, "I didn't sign up for this." If we can get a decent haul for him to make up for all the assets lost, I'd be down with it.

This is where I am too. Not expecting the announcement anytime soon. He has a comfortable situation in L.A. off the court.

Just comes down to his desire to win another ring. Actually think the list of teams is short that would be able to interest him as immediate contenders and have the assets to trade for him.

Team sports is about communication and chemistry. Obviously this season had neither most of the time. James has a role in that. He needs to work to repair any bruised egos and feelings of distrust as the iconic leader of the team.

Remains to be seen if he cares enough anymore to take on that responsibility.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
activeverb wrote:
danzag wrote:

Come on, it was more than simply "demanding to be traded". Klutch really forced their way

The agency can't force Magic to make offers, and it cant keep him from dealing with rumors internally. They can only force their way in as much as GMs let them.

Magic could have minimized this by not continually upping his offer; by telling the young guys, yes, there are rumors and we have no idea what will happen but that's life in the NBA; and being smart enough to walk away. But he was desperate and inexperienced and frustrated
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject:

Lebron for Capella + filler + picks.

Pls.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

I'd trade LeBron for Siakam or Capela straight up.

We'd lose on the trade the first year, but probably win every year after.

As a GM obviously I'd hold out for more on principle... but if that's all I could get, I'd do it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: