Should Jeanie step down as board director?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Jeanie step down as board director?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 151 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 75 ]
Total Votes : 226

socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Should Jeanie step down as board director?

She says that she has no input in basketball decisions yet she meddles and hires incompetent people to run the team. Maybe the other part owners should step in.

The Lakers have been an embarrassment since she has been in charge. Worst team in the leagues in the last 6 years going on 7 or more.

Last edited by socalsp3 on Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

You really can't even answer this without offering an alternative. If you are screaming for her to sell without thinking of the consequences then you need to put some more thought into what a profit-driven non-Buss owned team will do.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Poll: Should Jeanie step down as board director?

socalsp3 wrote:
She says that she has no input in basketball decisions yet she meddles and hires incompetent people to run the team. Maybe the other part owners should step in.

The Lakers have been an embarrassment since she has been in charge. Worst team in the leagues in the last 6 years going on 7 or more.

She's the controlling owner. Who else is supposed to hire them?
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Poll: Should Jeanie step down as board director?

socalsp3 wrote:

Jeannie has only ran things for 2 years. Are you even a Laker fan? And yeah getting Lebron was such an embarrassment. Are we supposed to act like the Lakers were injured this season? Go across the hall and become a Clipper fan.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
You really can't even answer this without offering an alternative. If you are screaming for her to sell without thinking of the consequences then you need to put some more thought into what a profit-driven non-Buss owned team will do.

She doesn't have to sell the team to step down from the board of directors right?

She needs to follow her dad and stick to writing the check while making sure she's making profit.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Poll: Should Jeanie step down as board director?

socalsp3 wrote:

I'm guessing you really mean she should step down as controlling owner, rather than resign from the Lakers board of directors.

Realistically, it won't happen. The Buss family owns a majority of the team. I don't see Jeanie willingly step down, so that will only happen if her siblings ban together against her. I see no indication that will happen. She seems to have deep ties in her family and a number of her siblings aren't actively involved with the team, so they might not care about the drama all that much.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:

i didn't say she should sell the team. If she doesn't have the skills to hire the right people and run a team she should step down as board director, and let someone else do it. she can sit back and collect her checks.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Poll: Should Jeanie step down as board director?

activeverb wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

I'm guessing you really mean she should step down as controlling owner, rather than resign from the Lakers board of directors.

Realistically, it won't happen. The Buss family owns a majority of the team. I don't see Jeanie willingly step down, so that will only happen if her siblings ban together against her. I see no indication that will happen. She seems to have deep ties in her family and a number of her siblings aren't actively involved with the team, so they might not care about the drama all that much.

The first set of Buss kids are in their mid 50s to early 60s. It is highly doubtful they give a care about anything except their checks, which have neither ceased nor lessened.

The second set of siblings are in their 30s AND THEY INHERIT EVERYTHING! Why would they want her to sell? If the team is worth 4-5 billion now, it'll be worth twice that in ten years, even if the team goes 0-820.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject:

This question cannot be answered until we see what her decision is on the next president of basketball operations. If she doesn't learn from this, she needs to go. "Family" should not be put into that position anymore.
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Yes, but she's too egotistical to ever even consider it.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Omg yes. She's terrible.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

why do we need to fire everybody? What we need is a foundation of good talent and build from that. Weve had a new staryting 5 every year for almost the past 10 years. Build around Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Lebron, Hart and the 10th pick. Go draft Hayes at 10 to silitfy our C postion. Go into FA and look to plug in our weakness and thats shooting. Klay Thompson obviously would be great help but thats doubtful. Go after Butler, Kemba hell even Redick or Bogdonvic. Get a coach with ecxpierence and tough enough to handle egos like a MArk Jackson.

ID obviously still go after AD just because hes the best big in the NBA after Giannis but do it without gutting. Davis is a FA and has made it clear he wants a big city with LA amonmg the top. No team is going to trade alot for him. Rumor is boston but no way will they give Tatum. If NO says no then they just dont wanna deal with us and dont care much for the oragnaiztion and the bussiness that it is. I think they said no because NY if they get the 2nd or 3rd pick pick say I could see them giving that for Davis to pair with Durant and Irving. Its not gunna be Boston. Its NY or LA and they just wanna see what NY can offer.
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
why do we need to fire everybody? What we need is a foundation of good talent and build from that. Weve had a new staryting 5 every year for almost the past 10 years. Build around Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Lebron, Hart and the 10th pick. Go draft Hayes at 10 to silitfy our C postion. Go into FA and look to plug in our weakness and thats shooting. Klay Thompson obviously would be great help but thats doubtful. Go after Butler, Kemba hell even Redick or Bogdonvic. Get a coach with ecxpierence and tough enough to handle egos like a MArk Jackson.

ID obviously still go after AD just because hes the best big in the NBA after Giannis but do it without gutting. Davis is a FA and has made it clear he wants a big city with LA amonmg the top. No team is going to trade alot for him. Rumor is boston but no way will they give Tatum. If NO says no then they just dont wanna deal with us and dont care much for the oragnaiztion and the bussiness that it is. I think they said no because NY if they get the 2nd or 3rd pick pick say I could see them giving that for Davis to pair with Durant and Irving. Its not gunna be Boston. Its NY or LA and they just wanna see what NY can offer.

Fire them. And fire the next guy before we even hire him. Get rid of them all!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Poll: Should Jeanie step down as board director?

Dr. Laker wrote:
activeverb wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

The first set of Buss kids are in their mid 50s to early 60s. It is highly doubtful they give a care about anything except their checks, which have neither ceased nor lessened.

The second set of siblings are in their 30s AND THEY INHERIT EVERYTHING! Why would they want her to sell? If the team is worth 4-5 billion now, it'll be worth twice that in ten years, even if the team goes 0-820.

I don't know what the rules of the trust are, or what happens if one of the Buss dies.

The bottom line is the Buss have shown no interest in selling the Lakers, and don't see that changing just because fans are ticked off.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject:

If we can't build a competitive roster for next season, they must sell the team.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

She is too emotional to be an effective leader.

Keep the team, let someone else run it.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Yes - terrible decision-making, amateurish in selecting professionals to run the front office and build this team, and deceitful in the way she sabotaged her brother, and Mitch, out of the organization.

The Lakers were known for excellence under Jerry Buss. Under Jeannie, all they're known for is dysfunction and losing records.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject:

NO ! Magic made some bad calls and he stepped down. Jeanie is the managing
partner, I'm sure there are reasons learned here & hopefully her next VP is Op's
brings the needed experience to the position.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

The Buss family should sell the team. They are a disgrace to Dr. Buss and his legacy. I'm so sick of this family and their petty drama.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

She is as bad as Dolan.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

She showed some spine by taking a position and standing her ground with Magic.

Now whether that decision was the right one remains to be seen.

If she's her own woman and doesn't just follow LeBron or Rob's will she could still be fine.

If she shows independent decision making on a case by case basis then I have no problem with her if the team succeeds.

I will only be unhappy if we continue on the AD or bust train.

A modest trade offer is fine... another Godfather offer and I'm out until LBJ is gone.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:

Would the alternative mean giving the responsibility to Jimbo who thinks random alcoholics at a sports bar are as valuable as Jerry West? Or give the job to Johnny Buss who is most concerned with which hot strippers he can get to dance at his birthday party?

The best option is to get a good person or team in charge of basketball and trusting them to do their job. Nobody else with an ownership steak would be an improvement.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
The Buss family should sell the team. They are a disgrace to Dr. Buss and his legacy. I'm so sick of this family and their petty drama.

A disgrace for what exactly???

Aren't we all jus talking about basketball here?

Did she do something shameful or immoral?

You guys act like your life is directly adversely affected by her decisions.

She owns the team, it's her property. The amount of disrespect being thrown at her is ridiculous. It's just basketball guys.. That's all this is about, a game. Try to remember that. She doesn't owe anyone anything.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

She owns the team, it's her property. The amount of disrespect being thrown at her is ridiculous. It's just basketball guys.. That's all this is about, a game. Try to remember that. She doesn't owe anyone anything.

I kind of agree and disagree with both of you.

Realistically, sure, it's her property and she isn't going to sell just because fans are upset. I suspect her real attitude would be, "If you don't like it, quit following the team; there are plenty to take your place."

On the other hand, there's no particular reason fans need to respect her. She's a public figure and people can complain about her all they want. That's part of the territory when you sell a product that depends on people having a strong emotional connection and sense of ownership of it, as sports teams do.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:25 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I kind of agree and disagree with both of you.

Realistically, sure, it's her property and she isn't going to sell just because fans are upset. I suspect her real attitude would be, "If you don't like it, quit following the team; there are plenty to take your place."

On the other hand, there's no particular reason fans need to respect her. She's a public figure and people can complain about her all they want. That's part of the territory when you sell a product that depends on people having a strong emotional connection and sense of ownership of it, as sports teams do.

That's fine, and I understand the connection one feels. But the fact of the matter is that we don't have any ownership of the team.

At the end of the day men put on colored uniforms and run up and down a court, and put a ball into a round hoop while jumping really high. Are we really going to ridicule her for not being good at managing the people who manage the operation of this game, where men run up and down a court? Is it really that serious? Are lives on the line? Should she really be disgraced?

It's just a game.. It's just a game.. It's just a game.. Calm down.. smh
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15
Jump to: