Auburn University gymnast career ended after gruesome injury...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject: Auburn University gymnast career ended after gruesome injury...

I saw this a few days ago, but at that time, they did not know her exact injuries. It was clear it was very bad, and she was in extreme pain.

Quote:
Auburn coach Jeff Graba disclosed on Twitter that Cerio suffered two dislocated knees with "multiple torn ligaments" in both knees after making the blind landing. She underwent surgery on Monday afternoon, which lasted 2 1/2 hours but was an "extreme success," according to Graba.

if you have a weak stomach, may want to pass on watching clip...

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Auburn University gymnast career ended after gruesome injury...

adkindo wrote:
I saw this a few days ago, but at that time, they did not know her exact injuries. It was clear it was very bad, and she was in extreme pain.

Quote:
Auburn coach Jeff Graba disclosed on Twitter that Cerio suffered two dislocated knees with "multiple torn ligaments" in both knees after making the blind landing. She underwent surgery on Monday afternoon, which lasted 2 1/2 hours but was an "extreme success," according to Graba.

I didn't click on the link. I saw it yesterday, don't want to watch it again. It brought to mind Shaun Livingston. If possible I hope she can return as Livingston did. Sending entreats to higher entities.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Auburn University gymnast career ended after gruesome injury...

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

I didn't click on the link. I saw it yesterday, don't want to watch it again. It brought to mind Shaun Livingston. If possible I hope she can return as Livingston did. Sending entreats to higher entities.

I recall Livingston has a severe injury, but I do not recall how it looked. I do not think I have ever seen anyone that had both knees bend the wrong way before. She is done with gymnastics, but is a scholar student....and already has accepted an Engineering job @ Boeing once she graduates this spring. She has a bright future.....it just does not include gymnastics.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Auburn University gymnast career ended after gruesome injury...

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

I recall Livingston has a severe injury, but I do not recall how it looked. I do not think I have ever seen anyone that had both knees bend the wrong way before. She is done with gymnastics, but is a scholar student....and already has accepted an Engineering job @ Boeing once she graduates this spring. She has a bright future.....it just does not include gymnastics.

Livingston injury, warning NSFW Good to hear her future is bright.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject:

I normally shrug this sort of stuff off but that was nasty af.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
I normally shrug this sort of stuff off but that was nasty af.

I honestly do not know how we do not have broken necks every weekend at these high level collegiate gymnastics competitions.....those girls are amazing at what they do in my opinion. I can't do a cart wheel, but have always been fascinated watching men and women gymnast. The females legs are so strong....then the strength it takes for males in events like the rings.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject:

I watch women on the high beam exercise with much angst. LINK I cringe when I image them missing their beam landing. (Use your own imagination)

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Auburn University gymnast career ended after gruesome injury...

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

There was that MTV show circa mid 2000s called Scarred that showed stuff like that. Head bang convulsions never look good, but there were some on that show that looked fatal.

I remember a clip of a dude snowboarding down a standard handrail on outdoor cement wheelchair ramp and when the railing made a 90 degree turn perpendicular to the rail he was sliding on, his board slipped off the top rail and his shins/board plopped down to the 2nd rail as his momentum carried his weight over the top rail. In other words, picture standing on the middle bar of a handrail and leaning over the top bar with your knees/shins. Legs snapped.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Auburn University gymnast career ended after gruesome injury...

non-player zealot wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

There was that MTV show circa mid 2000s called Scarred that showed stuff like that. Head bang convulsions never look good, but there were some on that show that looked fatal.

I remember a clip of a dude snowboarding down a standard handrail on outdoor cement wheelchair ramp and when the railing made a 90 degree turn perpendicular to the rail he was sliding on, his board slipped off the top rail and his shins/board plopped down to the 2nd rail as his momentum carried his weight over the top rail. In other words, picture standing on the middle bar of a handrail and leaning over the top bar with your knees/shins. Legs snapped.

TMI...EWWW

Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject:

it's just a flesh wound
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Auburn University gymnast career ended after gruesome injury...

jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

TMI...EWWW

It was okay, he landed in the snow.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject:

From gynmast in question, Sam Cerio:

“Those of you posting and tagging me in the video of my injury, I am asking you to please stop. Going through the pain and seeing my knees bent unnaturally in real life was horrible enough, but to continue to see it from videos/pictures because some people feel entitled to repost it is not okay. I have family, friends, and teammates who do not need to see me getting injured over and over again. My pain is not your entertainment.”

--

Don't blame her for feeling that way, but this is a big girl pants moment. Public figure, athlete, filmed performance. This wasn't a moment that was private or even merits privacy (such as death pics that shouldn't have been released by authorities). Entitlement/privilege as a concept has jumped the shark of late. It used to mean something. It's becoming like the word "matters".
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:28 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

“Those of you posting and tagging me in the video of my injury, I am asking you to please stop. Going through the pain and seeing my knees bent unnaturally in real life was horrible enough, but to continue to see it from videos/pictures because some people feel entitled to repost it is not okay. I have family, friends, and teammates who do not need to see me getting injured over and over again. My pain is not your entertainment.”

--

Don't blame her for feeling that way, but this is a big girl pants moment. Public figure, athlete, filmed performance. This wasn't a moment that was private or even merits privacy (such as death pics that shouldn't have been released by authorities). Entitlement/privilege as a concept has jumped the shark of late. It used to mean something. It's becoming like the word "matters".

I was with her until those last 2 sentences....came off as entitled and snarky.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

--

Welcome to Social Media.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

Auburn gymnast Sam Cerio walks down the aisle at her wedding 2 months after dislocating both knees

Quote:
The wedding photos set to grace Sam Cerio’s mantel will mean more than most. The Auburn gymnast reached her singular goal and walked down the aisle without assistance after dislocating both knees and tearing multiple ligaments during her final performance in April.

LINK
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: