Report: Lakers teammates became distrustful of LeBron
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
I don't think LeBron/Rich Paul/Klutch will never try to do stuff like the AD trade again.

It almost destroyed two teams and AD wasn't traded.

Magic was trying to make a bond with Klutch so every Klutch's top agent can become a Laker eventually. The new president has no obligation to repeat the same drama again. I think Magic had probably got words from Rich Paul already that if AD gets traded to the Celtics, he would be fine staying there and Rich Paul can't do anything about that.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
LOL if they don’t trust him then trade their ass

Soooo soft

Please don't throw away our entire rebuild for a 35 year old Lebron. Hope the new guy wants to keep Ingram and Lonzo.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
danzag wrote:
I don't think LeBron/Rich Paul/Klutch will never try to do stuff like the AD trade again.

It almost destroyed two teams and AD wasn't traded.

Magic was trying to make a bond with Klutch so every Klutch's top agent can become a Laker eventually. The new president has no obligation to repeat the same drama again. I think Magic had probably got words from Rich Paul already that if AD gets traded to the Celtics, he would be fine staying there and Rich Paul can't do anything about that.

As we learned from Paul George, you can never be sure what a player will do. I wouldn't be surprised if losing George put a fear into Magic that the same thing might happen if AD was traded to another team. I don't know that Paul would have been able to give Magic any particular insight about what might happen if AD got traded to Boston and spent 18 months there before he could become a free agent that any of us wouldn't already know.

And beyond that, I don't think Magic would have been willing to wait 18 months for AD. He was on a faster schedule than that. If the Pelicans traded AD to anyone, the Lakers would pretty much have to not factor him into their planning.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I'd trade LeBron for Siakam or Capela straight up.

We'd lose on the trade the first year, but probably win every year after.

As a GM obviously I'd hold out for more on principle... but if that's all I could get, I'd do it.

Trade him back to Cleveland for Love and the Laker kids, Nance & Clarkson. Durant would have to give serious consideration to that more balance lineup:

Lonzo, Durant, and Ingram present ridiculous length & versatility on defense. Love legit stretch's the floor. 2nd unit would be uber deep. Durant could come in and accomplish in his first season, with practically the same cast, what Lebron could not. Could mean something to a hyper sensitive Durant.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

As a GM obviously I'd hold out for more on principle... but if that's all I could get, I'd do it.

Trade him back to Cleveland for Love and the Laker kids, Nance & Clarkson. Durant would have to give serious consideration to that more balance lineup:

Lonzo, Durant, and Ingram present ridiculous length & versatility on defense. Love legit stretch's the floor. 2nd unit would be uber deep. Durant could come in and accomplish in his first season, with practically the same cast, what Lebron could not. Could mean something to a hyper sensitive Durant.

They could make that same sales pitch to Kawhi too..
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Yeah I like that idea too.

Too bad we didn't just keep Brook... could have had Love's impact without the hefty price tag.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
YSong wrote:

Soooo soft
Well, that's exactly why they lost trust. Why would anyone trust a teammate who was actively trying to get them all traded?

I drop the BS flag on this one.

Lebron isn't their buddy. He isn't their dad. He's not their life coach.

He's a superstar who wants the best possible team around him.

Ingram, Ball, Kuz, etc. have to be pretty naive if they thought Lebron wouldn't push for any of them to be traded if they had a chance at a MVP level player.

And, heck, why wouldn't the Lakers trade any of them if they could improve the team? That's just a part of the business these guys work in. If they have trouble accepting that, they're in for a rough time

The article references that the team didn't trust James, and I offered an explanation. I agree with your points, so what's the BS?
That they should trust him?
Or do trust him?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject:

If the youngsters don't trust LeBron, then he's the one you move.

Sorry, but trying to build around LeBron before he leaves in 2 seasons isn't worth it.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Surely they didn't trust each other either because it looked like every man for himself. Lebron, Rondo, Caruso & Zo were the only ones that even attempted to pass the rock.
Laker Shaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Trade LeBron as part of a three-way deal, bringing AD to the Lakers. It's the only way to fix this mess now.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
activeverb wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
YSong wrote:

Soooo soft
Well, that's exactly why they lost trust. Why would anyone trust a teammate who was actively trying to get them all traded?

I drop the BS flag on this one.

Lebron isn't their buddy. He isn't their dad. He's not their life coach.

He's a superstar who wants the best possible team around him.

Ingram, Ball, Kuz, etc. have to be pretty naive if they thought Lebron wouldn't push for any of them to be traded if they had a chance at a MVP level player.

And, heck, why wouldn't the Lakers trade any of them if they could improve the team? That's just a part of the business these guys work in. If they have trouble accepting that, they're in for a rough time

The article references that the team didn't trust James, and I offered an explanation. I agree with your points, so what's the BS?
That they should trust him?
Or do trust him?

Maybe I misunderstood. The BS flag was dropped at the idea that it matters whether they "trust" him or not, in the context of them thinking that Lebron should lobby for them not to be traded.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:58 am    Post subject:

The front office, the national media, Magic and Rob... everyone said the plan was to add a second agent to the core.

The kids and the team were doing well when we were committed to this plan.

Then LBJ either got impatient, or Maginka couldn't identify an elite FA who wanted to come and they shifted gears onto the AD train.

Sure, you could say the kids were naive not to even entertain the idea that they could get traded... but Motivation Seminar 101 or basic common sense would be that you don't actively come out and flirt with other players when you have a team with whom you are trying to build trust.

So full of sh*t

At least Kobe never did this fake motivational bullsh*t

LBJ would have been better off taking a hard ass approach like a Marine drill sergeant, instead of acting like their friend and then selling them out when things got rough. He'd still suck as a teammate but at least he wouldn't be a hypocrite.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Trust him for what?

What does that even mean?

He makes all the passes he should be making, some guys need to look in the mirror before running that loser mentality crap.

The Lakers traded Shaq, Gasol, Odom, Adrian Dantley, Norm Nixon, Vlade Divac, Eddie Jones, Nick Van Exel, Cedric Ceballos, and Andrew Bynum. That’s four Hall of Famers and 7 guys who were all-stars as Lakers.

Do Ingram, Kuz, and Ball really they’re untouchables?

And I agree with you: I have no idea what kind of trust people are talking about. Do Kuz, Ball and Ingram think it's Lebron's job to go to management and argue against trading them or something?

I think many are using "trust" to mean if the players like LeBron and vice versa.

Honestly, in professional sports, that doesn't really matter much as far as if the team is going to be successful or not. Many of the best teams of all time in many sports (Lake Show Lakers with Kobe/Shaq, Late 1970s Yankees, etc.) could dominate on the field despite not being best buddies off the field.

LeBron did his job this year, the majority of the other players didn't.

But if we have guys worrying about "trust" instead of looking in the mirror, it is no wonder these guys have never sniffed the playoffs.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject:

The majority of you are choosing to ignore the issue...

It's not that LeBron wanted them traded... It's 100% all about his inability to be honest.

The young players were committed to and LeBron publicly repeated multiple times how much he was looking forward to playing with the young guys and how ready they were for stardom. The plan was never to trade any of these guys.

But when LeBron couldn't hold up his end of the bargin, then it became all about trading the young guys. THAT'S THE ENTIRE PROBLEM. LeBron is a sad leader and tried to impact the lives of others instead of getting better himself.

This is why player do not trust or respect this snake.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
The majority of you are choosing to ignore the issue...

It's not that LeBron wanted them traded... It's 100% all about his inability to be honest.

The young players were committed to and LeBron publicly repeated multiple times how much he was looking forward to playing with the young guys and how ready they were for stardom.

Saying "The young fellows here could be stars one day, and I'm looking forward to playing with them" is NBA Cliche 101 that most every star will say when a reporter asks about a promising young teammate.

If our young guys thought that was a pinky swear that Lebron was their BFF and would want them as teammates forever, they have received a reality check about the NBA that they should have gotten quite a while ago.

And of course it's also possible that Lebron originally did have more enthusiasm about their potential, but he became less impressed as he played with them. And if that were the case, it's not like I would expect him to call a press conference to retract his earlier praise or anything.

Last edited by activeverb on Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

I think many are using "trust" to mean if the players like LeBron and vice versa.

Honestly, in professional sports, that doesn't really matter much as far as if the team is going to be successful or not. Many of the best teams of all time in many sports (Lake Show Lakers with Kobe/Shaq, Late 1970s Yankees, etc.) could dominate on the field despite not being best buddies off the field.

LeBron did his job this year, the majority of the other players didn't.

But if we have guys worrying about "trust" instead of looking in the mirror, it is no wonder these guys have never sniffed the playoffs.

This was all from that Athletic article, which said, "Sources around the team said it was apparent that the young players no longer trusted James, believing he was operating behind the scenes to get them traded to New Orleans.

As I said in another post, I think this was naivtee on their part. Because Lebron said nice things about them when a reporter stuck a microphone in his face, they might have believed he thought they were better and or more important they he did.

But it's really hard for me to believe that veteran journeymen and young players who hadn't accomplished much would be shocked that the star of the team would push for them to be traded for an MVP level guy if the opportunity arose.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Why should they trust LeBron? He was willing to ship their azzes
out for AD.

with Magic gone though, the blame could land on him onvpce the new Ops
person is in place and it's business as usual next season.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

The young players were committed to and LeBron publicly repeated multiple times how much he was looking forward to playing with the young guys and how ready they were for stardom.

What do you expect him to say when he's asked about them? Let's trade these inexperienced, inconsistent no jumpshot having players for AD?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: