Pierce vs Wade
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:17 am    Post subject:

kobe

also (bleep) wheelchair pierce
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Pierce vs Wade

Buck32 wrote:
Pierce said on ESPN that he's easily had a better career than Wade. His main argument was that Wade played with Shaq and LBJ, conveniently omitting the fact that Shaq was at the tail end of his career when they won.
The only stat where he has an edge over Wade was in total points, everything else was in favor of Wade.
Pathetic actually, and so insecure in his legacy. No wonder Draymond once insulted him during a game about him not getting the same kind of love as Kobe.

Pierce is being a hypocrite since he played with KG, Ray Allen and Rondo, three All-Star caliber players when he won his NBA title and should've won a second in 2010.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Tough to call who was more (bleep) between these two slags. Pierce's wheelchair incident was phony but it at least in involved a lower extremity, whereas D-Whistle's was real, except he had to be wheeled off the court for a shoulder booboo. Embarrassing.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Wade is higher all time on my list.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
In my opinion....here is the score.....

Championships

DWade - 3
Pierce - 1

1st Team All NBA

DWade - 2
Pierce - 0

Championships are always a measure....always will be. At the same time, while I think All Star appearances mean little....but All NBA is the true measure of the best players in the game. Still, the 1st Team All NBA illustrates who reached a truly elite level in the game....for that season. Paul Pierce never was recognized in this group during any season.

I agree that All NBA guys (first team) is a truly elite list and that is true every year.

In this argument, Wade was clearly better and it isn't close. I like Pierce as a player actually, he had a sneaky smart game and a smooth shot.

But Wade is actually underrated I would argue. He was tremendous from the time he was at Marquette, it was obvious to me at the time he would be a great pro and he certainly has been despite his antics vs. the Lakers.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
adkindo wrote:
In my opinion....here is the score.....

Championships

DWade - 3
Pierce - 1

1st Team All NBA

DWade - 2
Pierce - 0

Championships are always a measure....always will be. At the same time, while I think All Star appearances mean little....but All NBA is the true measure of the best players in the game. Still, the 1st Team All NBA illustrates who reached a truly elite level in the game....for that season. Paul Pierce never was recognized in this group during any season.

I agree that All NBA guys (first team) is a truly elite list and that is true every year.

In this argument, Wade was clearly better and it isn't close. I like Pierce as a player actually, he had a sneaky smart game and a smooth shot.

But Wade is actually underrated I would argue. He was tremendous from the time he was at Marquette, it was obvious to me at the time he would be a great pro and he certainly has been despite his antics vs. the Lakers.

I think Wade is better. The counterargument to the all-NBA team thing is that you are making an apples to oranges comparison.

For example, in 2008-09 Wade made all-NBA first team and Pierce made all-NBA second team.

But that doesn't mean Wade was better than Pierce because the voters weren't choosing between them since they played different positions. It means the voters thought Wade was better than Brandon Roy and Chris Paul, but Pierce wasn't as good as Dirk and Lebron.

There are plenty of examples of first-team all NBA guys at one position who aren't as good as second or third team guys at different positions the same year. Heck, there are some cases of first-team all-NBA guys who aren't as good as some players at different positions who didn't even make the all-NBA third team.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:56 am    Post subject:

Nets and Heat fans chanting, “Paul Pierce sucks!”

https://twitter.com/APOOCH/status/1116159614352089089
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: