KOBE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

Greatest 1v1 move I've ever seen. Numero ocho Kobe was plain nastyyy.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

Every single one of these plays against Yao (yes, it includes two SPECTACULAR dunks)

This game winner vs. Denver, coming during peak hate on Kobe season: Shaq gone, Eagle Rock still fresh on everyone's minds

This dance vs. Kirilenko. Kobe coming off knee surgery, way less explosive, Kirilenko probably the most fearsome defender in the league...and Kobe comes out in the second half and drops 30 in the third with 11 straight field goals, 52 points in 3.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMbn5Cuo1Ts

That was beyond comprehension. The smoothness which he pulled that off, good grief.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Every single one of these plays against Yao (yes, it includes two SPECTACULAR dunks)

This game winner vs. Denver, coming during peak hate on Kobe season: Shaq gone, Eagle Rock still fresh on everyone's minds

This dance vs. Kirilenko. Kobe coming off knee surgery, way less explosive, Kirilenko probably the most fearsome defender in the league...and Kobe comes out in the second half and drops 30 in the third with 11 straight field goals, 52 points in 3.

I miss the peak hate on Kobe. Made moments like that game winner on Denver so sweet. Really made the games so much more enjoyable knowing the salt levels of other fanbases was astronomical.

That Utah game was also awesome. The talk early on in that season was Kobe looked much slower and maybe he was gonna go in decline. Lol. Never doubt the man.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

This clutch game winner against San Antonio

Off the glass to himself - classic Kobe

Kobe being Kobe: first playoff game winner

2008 Olympics: Kobe Brings Home the Gold
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

Who say's Kobe don't pass: Ron Harper Game Winner vs. Blazers, Game 3, 2000 playoffs. (Keep watching for Kobe's game-saving block.)
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

And don’t forget how he helped bring in Byron Scott, who folded to every Kobe demand. Don’t forget having Randle, Russell, Nance, Clarkson, Swaggy, Lou, & Black stand around while Kobe ISO’s during his final circus of a season. Last but not least, don’t forget the gift of Rob Pelinka! Good times!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Not sure if posted but this power dribble to the right to a reverse pivot at MSG was filthy:

That's some 9th degree black belt stuff right there.

-- Of course TA beat me with that clip .

JB!

Haha, yeah, and turns out it's a CMB upload.

That pivot was INSANE. I recall trying that in the gym the next day. Pretty sure I traveled. Double dribbled. Crab dribbled. And then airballed. Really felt like PnP for that glorious minute though.

I kid you not, I remember a few days later, Lebron tried to do the same move and damn near stumbled. Bron has amazing footwork "for his size" but Mamba is on a different planet.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:

Can't argue with that. The combination of footwork, body control, explosiveness and creativity...sorry Mike. Kobe is on his own island.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
And don’t forget how he helped bring in Byron Scott, who folded to every Kobe demand. Don’t forget having Randle, Russell, Nance, Clarkson, Swaggy, Lou, & Black stand around while Kobe ISO’s during his final circus of a season. Last but not least, don’t forget the gift of Rob Pelinka! Good times!

Here, let me try and complete the list for you. Don't forget -

Airballs against Utah
Carried by Shaq
Couldn't win without Shaq
TMac/VC/Iverson/Any SG could have won those titles with Shaq
Couldn't get out of the first round without Shaq
Rapist
Snitched on Shaq
Ran Shaq out of town
Uncoachable
Quit against the Suns
Terrible leader and teammate
Chucker
Gasol saved him
Gasol real finals MVP
Choked against Celtics Game 7
Overrated defender
Won defensive awards based on reputation
Selfish
Egotistical
Prick
Couldn't win without Phil
Inefficient
Ran Dwight out of town
Lebron is better
Maybe Top 10 all time. Maybe
Farewell contract ruined the Lakers
Running the Lakers through deep state shadow government

What a rough 20 years that must have been for those who subscribe to the above.

But wait, one more...

KOBE!

Last edited by Tony Almeida on Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

Can't argue with that. The combination of footwork, body control, explosiveness and creativity...sorry Mike. Kobe is on his own island.

kobe

also that's my favorite kobe play
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Not sure if posted but this power dribble to the right to a reverse pivot at MSG was filthy:

JB!

That pivot was INSANE. I recall trying that in the gym the next day. Pretty sure I traveled. Double dribbled. Crab dribbled. And then airballed. Really felt like PnP for that glorious minute though.

I kid you not, I remember a few days later, Lebron tried to do the same move and damn near stumbled. Bron has amazing footwork "for his size" but Mamba is on a different planet.

LeBron off the backboard fail

LeBron finally picks up Kobe's pivot...the results are impressive
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

JB!

Exactly. Lebron for his size is impressive, but on an absolute basis, not even on the same damn planet as skills as Kobe. Watching Lebron operate in the post is a chore at best, cringey at worst.

Watching Kobe was artistic brilliance. Lebron is a bulldozer. It's not even comparable.

You ever think what Kobe does in this era of fast pace, no defense, obscene amount of 3s? It's not a stretch to think he breaks 100 once. The dude got 62 in 3 on the WC leading Mavs.
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I took a memorable road trip to New York City and caught the Lakers at MSG and saw this one live.

Captain Sprewell went down with the ship here!

Wow nice man!

“With no regard for human life.” -Kevin Harlan
Such a great yet hilarious call.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Who say's Kobe don't pass: Ron Harper Game Winner vs. Blazers, Game 3, 2000 playoffs. (Keep watching for Kobe's game-saving block.)

Another one for the KoBe NeVeR PaSsEd crowd
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

JB!

Exactly. Lebron for his size is impressive, but on an absolute basis, not even on the same damn planet as skills as Kobe. Watching Lebron operate in the post is a chore at best, cringey at worst.

Watching Kobe was artistic brilliance. Lebron is a bulldozer. It's not even comparable.

You ever think what Kobe does in this era of fast pace, no defense, obscene amount of 3s? It's not a stretch to think he breaks 100 once. The dude got 62 in 3 on the WC leading Mavs.

Rewatched this tonight.. Kobes last game... TWENTY YEARS...
60 points after 20 years... slashing and swooshing

^^differences in post ability right there
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

JB!

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

JB!

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Is God proof that KOBE is real?
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Guys, here's an obvious one -

That time this mf'er hit 2 free throws after tearing his achilles

6 years ago to the day.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:

What the heck was Rice thinking at 20 seconds left in this game not picking up the dribble and turning it over? I mean, I get the initial move bc no ballhandlers were free, but why not later. Who cares about getting it over halfcourt? They have to foul. Up by 2.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Damn, you guys have pulled a couple of entries out of the volt that damned near slipped my mind...love it.

After the "wheelin, dealin" open court play vs. the warriors in 08, this is my favorite Kobe play: AK47 had been guarding Kobe quite well, including a stretch during which he blocked 3 of Kobe's deep jump shots in the first half. Kirilenko's length was an obviously an issue. At some point he catches on that AK is going for straight up all-or-nothing blocks on all his shots, so what's he do? Come the third quarter, Kobe, the indomitable wizard that he is, adjusts. And how!

Kobe pump fakes two Jazz defenders so hard that they collide and fuse together to become just one really white Matt Harpring

Whether this was the most impressive part of the play is open to interpretation. The dance Kobe had devised required so much dark arts mojo that it left him disoriented, facing away from the hoop with a picked up dribble. He still had to make a play at the basket before the undead corpses of his victims could stumble back on to the court. No matter. Kobe jumped, turned his body in the air, and scored. After this play, Kirilenko was never the same. A once promising career as a stretch swiss army knife went to ruin. In his last days Kirilenko became addicted to huffing tennis ball cans and made a name for himself in the Magic: The Gathering competitive world before ultimately leaping to his own death at the hoover dam. RIP AK47
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

We haven't had an interesting game since Kobe's 60.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

JB!

LeBron off the backboard fail

LeBron finally picks up Kobe's pivot...the results are impressive

Those clips were eyesores man. A really famous quote comes to mind... Lebron, you ain't no Kobe.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
Guys, here's an obvious one -

That time this mf'er hit 2 free throws after tearing his achilles

6 years ago to the day.

Perhaps his signature "play" of his career.

What kind of maniac tears his achilles and not only stays in the game but hits both free throws?

I see you Kobe and I miss you!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: