Should Jeanie step down as board director?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Jeanie step down as board director?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 151 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 75 ]
Total Votes : 226

DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Username wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
Username wrote:
There's a lot of covert sexism on this board regarding Jeanie. It's really something to behold.

How is it sexist to point out that she's bad at her job? Terribly-run organizations always start at the top. A competent owner wouldn't have hired a POBO with no previous scouting or GM experience and then chose the GM that works under him.

If you think she's bad at her job, that's fine. But all these comments about her being too emotional, claiming she's sleeping with Luke, making decisions based on relationships, turning the front office into a girls club with Linda, etc. are just asinine and absolutely carry hints of subtle sexism.

Haven't been able to read the whole thread but if your statement is true, I would agree with your conclusion. Honestly LG has officially imploded on itself. Everyone has become the judge and executioner. Out of their minds with dissatisfaction. Not a good look. But that will all turn around now, we got Luke cemented as coach, Pelinka and his apparent back stabbing tendencies in position to increase his power base. That will all be cemented when we can't find a good general to lead the troops because everyone knows that they will NOT be able to hire and fire their supporting cast. Doomed, we are doomed!!!

But everyone got what they wanted. The Magic is gone!!! Good luck Lakers fans!
From John Ireland and the talking heads on Access Sportsnet, it appears that Pelinka is going to not only remain as GM, but dude is going to have more power in the FO. With his reputation with players and other GMs around the league, you can kiss goodbye the idea of that second max star even giving us a meeting. And forget about buying a late first round or second round pick in the upcoming draft, the other GMs probably won't pick up the phone.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
999 wrote:
Jeanie is not the problem. She wants to win and she is a caring person. You can tell that she is a simple thinker just in her demeanor. Rob is a snake and magic was not. What we need is a VP honey badger that can rip apart snakes. Jeanie needs to find that honey badger

She cares more about her friends than hiring competent management and putting a winning team.

I don’t think so. Nobody wants to be the laughing stock. The natural order of things was that the clippers were the laughingstock and Donald sterling was perfectly fine with that and the clippers were losing. That was the last time all was right the world.

We need to make the clippers the laughing stock again.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Username wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
Username wrote:
There's a lot of covert sexism on this board regarding Jeanie. It's really something to behold.

How is it sexist to point out that she's bad at her job? Terribly-run organizations always start at the top. A competent owner wouldn't have hired a POBO with no previous scouting or GM experience and then chose the GM that works under him.

If you think she's bad at her job, that's fine. But all these comments about her being too emotional, claiming she's sleeping with Luke, making decisions based on relationships, turning the front office into a girls club with Linda, etc. are just asinine and absolutely carry hints of subtle sexism.

Haven't been able to read the whole thread but if your statement is true, I would agree with your conclusion. Honestly LG has officially imploded on itself. Everyone has become the judge and executioner. Out of their minds with dissatisfaction. Not a good look. But that will all turn around now, we got Luke cemented as coach, Pelinka and his apparent back stabbing tendencies in position to increase his power base. That will all be cemented when we can't find a good general to lead the troops because everyone knows that they will NOT be able to hire and fire their supporting cast. Doomed, we are doomed!!!

A lot of us called it from the very start when Magic was hired as well as Pelinka. We were hoping for the best but instead we got mediocre results by making questionable trades, letting players go for squat and signing average to below average players. While expecting a Lebron in the twilight of his career to carry us into the playoffs.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Let’s take another owner fan with too much say in the day to day ops of their pro sports franchise: Daniel Snyder. Long story short: pay people who are great at the long view, sign the checks, and get the hell out of the way. Pose nice for your photo ops and show up for the statue unveilings. Is this not what Dr. Buss was all about? If you’re going to focus on anything, focus on customer delight with the arena bells and whistles. Leave the sports part of the entertainment to the pros.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
Wino wrote:
Username wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
Username wrote:

From John Ireland and the talking heads on Access Sportsnet, it appears that Pelinka is going to not only remain as GM, but dude is going to have more power in the FO. With his reputation with players and other GMs around the league, you can kiss goodbye the idea of that second max star even giving us a meeting. And forget about buying a late first round or second round pick in the upcoming draft, the other GMs probably won't pick up the phone.

Quote:

7.03. First Round Draft Choice. No Member may sell its
rights to select a player in the first round of any NBA Draft for cash or
its equivalent,
or trade or exchange its right to select a player in the first
round of any NBA Draft if the result of such trade or exchange may be
to leave the Member without first-round picks in any two (2)
consecutive future NBA Drafts.
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Even if Jeannie is the problem, still we have to settle with the reality
that she is the one who will make critical decisions. So thing is
who's beside her right now. She has to decide the direction of the
franchise. If Pelinka and Luke are under consideration, who's her
consultant? Phil? What's the criteria in her mind for the person
who ll be our next PoBo? I think we need some luck here.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

greek laker wrote:

Don’t trust her judgement.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
greek laker wrote:

Don’t trust her judgement.

It will be some yes man like Rambis
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

I don't see any sexism in this thread. I seen someone trying to push that false narrative. Jeanie needs to be voted out of her controlling position, just like she got voted in it.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
Wino wrote:
Username wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
Username wrote:

You're thinking like another GM think like an agent. Pelinka was an agent and he will talk to other agents about what is best for their client, isn't that what it's all about. There's more to signing with a team that brings in the big $$. All of you remember money talks everything else is hearsay. Let the snake do his job and work with the other snakes.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:

Utterly repulsive.. what's been happening on this board. Grown men hurling insults at a woman, while crying and whining about a game. A game.. A game..

Nothing life altering or threatening. A game.. I'm actually surprised at what I've been seeing.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Username wrote:

Utterly repulsive.. what's been happening on this board. Grown men hurling insults at a woman, while crying and whining about a game. A game.. A game..

Nothing life altering or threatening. A game.. I'm actually surprised at what I've been seeing.

Very true and the biggest problem is that nobody here really knows what is happening in that FO, all they do is speculate without any proof. The media will always jump on a story and the biggest story in town is the Lakers. This is how they make their money. In fact the Lakers get more media coverage than most teams that are currently in the playoffs.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Username wrote:

Very true and the biggest problem is that nobody here really knows what is happening in that FO, all they do is speculate without any proof. The media will always jump on a story and the biggest story in town is the Lakers. This is how they make their money. In fact the Lakers get more media coverage than most teams that are currently in the playoffs.

When you say "speculate without proof", do you mean like how the posters you've replied to (i.e., @Username and @SocalDevin) appear to have assumed that the starter of this thread is a "grown man"... without reading the thread itself and seeing the part where she (i.e., @kobe_luver) says she's a woman who is just calling things as she sees them?

Also, can anyone point me in the direction of these "insults that are being hurled" at Jeanie for being a woman?

Last edited by LAL1947 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Username wrote:

When you say "speculate without proof", do you mean like how the posters you've replied to (i.e., @Username and @SocalDevin) appear to have assumed that the starter of this thread is a "grown man"... without reading the thread itself and seeing the part where she says she's a woman who is just calling things as she sees them?

Also, can anyone point me in the direction of these "insults that are being hurled" at Jeanie for being a woman?

Gotta work on our reading and comprehension.. I said.. "Whats been happening on this board".. How do you extrapolate "appear to have assumed that the starter of this thread is a "grown man"?.. Explain it to me. And to answer you question about insults.. it's been said that she's a disgrace, and should get smacked around. These comments have been all over the place.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Username wrote:

When you say "speculate without proof", do you mean like how the posters you've replied to (i.e., @Username and @SocalDevin) appear to have assumed that the starter of this thread is a "grown man"... without reading the thread itself and seeing the part where she says she's a woman who is just calling things as she sees them?

Gotta work on our reading and comprehension.. I said.. "Whats been happening on this board".. How do you extrapolate "appear to have assumed that the starter of this thread is a "grown man"?.. Explain it to me.

Quite simply... because you chose to post your tripe in this thread... and I haven't seen anyone of any age or gender "hurl insults at Jeanie" for being a woman anywhere on this board. You are the one who has chosen to invent these insults in your head and make assumptions about the people who you imagine are making them. If I have made any assumption there, it's certainly a better assumption than the one you made.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Username wrote:

Gotta work on our reading and comprehension.. I said.. "Whats been happening on this board".. How do you extrapolate "appear to have assumed that the starter of this thread is a "grown man"?.. Explain it to me.

Quite simply... because you chose to post your tripe in this thread... and I haven't seen anyone of any age or gender "hurl insults at Jeanie" for being a woman anywhere on this board. You are the one who has chosen to invent these insults in your head and make assumptions about the people who you imagine are making these insults.

I just told you what has been said about her.. The mods even removed some of it. So don't run your mouth about what's not happening when it clearly is. I don't have to invent anything. You were also clearly wrong when you made your assumption about me assuming this thread was started by a grown man. When my statement was about what's been taking place on this board. Come correct or don't come at all..
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Username wrote:

Quite simply... because you chose to post your tripe in this thread... and I haven't seen anyone of any age or gender "hurl insults at Jeanie" for being a woman anywhere on this board. You are the one who has chosen to invent these insults in your head and make assumptions about the people who you imagine are making these insults.

I just told you what has been said about her.. The mods even removed some of it. So don't run your mouth about what's not happening when it clearly is. I don't have to invent anything. You were also clearly wrong when you made your assumption about me assuming this thread was started by a grown man. When my statement was about what's been taking place on this board. Come correct or don't come at all..

Actually, you did not tell me anything that has been said about her... you only claimed that "grown men were hurling insults" at Jeanie and said "there's a lot of covert sexism on this board". How about you find and quote examples of these "insults" you're seeing, show us that they are sexist, and show us that it is only "grown men" who are making them... which would back up your claim? I'm not seeing anything that is out of order... in this thread or others... and I haven't seen what the mods may or may not have removed. If you have actual examples, I'll join you in reporting them to the mods and they'll deal with it. Without actual examples, you're just a pretend white knight rescuing damsels in distress, when there are none to be rescued. This is no different to the people who have been claiming that criticism of Magic comes from "covert racism"... and I view both as being flippant towards other posters on the board as well as a scourge to free thought and speech.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject:

"And to answer you question about insults.. it's been said that she's a disgrace, and should get smacked around. These comments have been all over the place." You may have missed it since I edited it into my initial post.

I'm not going to lie on a mod.. The comment about violence against her was removed by a mod.

Omar also shut down a thread about her having sex with Luke or Rob..
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Username wrote:

When you say "speculate without proof", do you mean like how the posters you've replied to (i.e., @Username and @SocalDevin) appear to have assumed that the starter of this thread is a "grown man"... without reading the thread itself and seeing the part where she (i.e., @kobe_luver) says she's a woman who is just calling things as she sees them?

Stop spinning nobody is calling her names, it's the implication that because she's a woman she does not have the ability to run a franchise. Regarding media outlets, all they do is get info from their so called insiders that may not be in those meetings and may just be getting payed to say something. I already heard about 3 theories as to why Magic quit, most of them may have some truth but all the facts may not be there. The lynching mentality takes over this forum the minute the Lakers fall apart. In truth most of why they fell apart is because of injuries, they would have made the playoffs if not for those injuries and we would be dancing to a different drummer. Fake news is the new wave in America, and that is because news is all opinionated and biased held by people who have some sort of political agenda.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject:

Can we actually just talk about Jeannie and Magic's accomplishments/lack thereof during the past 6 and 2 years?

Yes, there are idiots on any messageboard/social media who will resort to sexist and racist tropes.

But there are also lots of thoughtful posters here who want to evaluate how things have gone under her and his watch. Can we do that?
believeNmagic32
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject:

Magic most likely talked a big game and expressed his commitment to the job. Jeanie should have identified Magic's limitations, which was everything outside of impressing marquee free agents in pitch meetings.

Doubling down on Rob was most definitely the WRONG move. Once again, Jeanie doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, in this case Kobe.

I've got a little youtube show about Lakers rumors! Any likes or comments are appreciated.

P and G till I D.I.E.

Lakers grounder since 2007
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
from the sound of things Magic would have been perfectly fine as just having some kind of informal celebratory/adviser role with the organization where he has no power or day to day obligations. It would have made too much sense to just keep him at that capacity.
From his playing days, he always struck me as a guy who just liked big names... befriending the current stars (Mark Aguirre, Isaiah, Dominique, etc). He pushes the narrative that winning requires star power, whereas Jerry West considers and values chemistry. Jimmy Butler is a star but he's an apparent cancer, imo. I'd prefer West's honest opinion 7 days a week.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

believeNmagic32 wrote:
Magic most likely talked a big game and expressed his commitment to the job. Jeanie should have identified Magic's limitations, which was everything outside of impressing marquee free agents in pitch meetings.

Doubling down on Rob was most definitely the WRONG move. Once again, Jeanie doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, in this case Kobe.

I doubt kobe gives a (bleep) that pelinka is the gm
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
believeNmagic32 wrote:

I doubt kobe gives a (bleep) that pelinka is the gm

I doubt that very much, they do have a standing relationship.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

believeNmagic32 wrote:

She had no problem hurting her own brother's or long-time GM Mitch's feelings.

I don't know if Pelinka will be a good GM or not now that Magic is out of the way. I certainly believe he's a very smart guy who knows the business. The selling point on his initial hire was, as a former agent, he understood how other agents and their clients think. I'm sure he probably has screwed over his share of teams but his first commitment as an agent was to his client.

If the Lakers let him go they have to bring in someone experienced who can also have a good working relationship with Jeanie.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 6 of 15
Jump to: