Monty Williams vs Tyronn Lue
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you pick between the two as the next LAL head coach?
Monty Williams
71%
 71%  [ 97 ]
Tyronn Lue
28%
 28%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 135

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I don’t have a problem with either nor am I inspired by either. Ehhhh.

Exactly.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne

The Lakers have received permission to speak to Juwan Howard, plan interview him next week

In other words... the Lakers received permission to possible ruin next season.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne

The Lakers have received permission to speak to Juwan Howard, plan interview him next week

In other words... the Lakers received permission to possible ruin next season.

would affect more than one season
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

If I have to pick between these two, I'll take Williams.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
monty and staff getting abused by Nets coaching staff

Agreed Brown is a joke the second best roster in the league,coaching does matter.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Monty's credentials give me some confidence, but Luke was also pretty well credentialed and surrounded by smart basketball people his whole life. This is why I'd rather go after guys with a history of being the head honcho in bringing their teams success.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Juwan at least comes from an encouraging coaching tree, learning under Spoelstra. Monty is coming from staff with a poorly structured offense, an underwhelming D, and no clear idea what to do with their four all-star level players.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject:

soooo....pick your poison
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Juwan at least comes from an encouraging coaching tree, learning under Spoelstra. Monty is coming from staff with a poorly structured offense, an underwhelming D, and no clear idea what to do with their four all-star level players.

They looked really good headed into the playoffs last year, I'm not sure it was such a great idea of Elton Brand to give up depth and shooting for two more guys who are mostly effective with the ball in their hands.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

i'll take monty, he's going to lure kawhi over.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject:

If I had to choose among the three names that are being tossed around, I would easily choose Monty.

Here’s an inspiring article about the him: https://www.nba.com/sixers/news/monty-williams-coaching-servants-heart
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Like Messina will ever tell Lebron, “Shut the (bleep) up. I got this.” Messina will erase his clipboard like Blatt did and ask Lebron what he wants. Ha. Messina.

Why has no team ever picked up Messina? He's been looking for a head coaching gig for a minute.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:16 am    Post subject:

What has Williams done as a head coach? Next to Nothing
What has Lue done? Won a championship, went to 4 straight (that means winning all those playoff games)

I don’t get it? I know we’re not all gonna think alike but Like almost all of the actions this season I’m unable to make any logical sense out what’s going on.

Help me understand why most here don’t agree that Lue is the obvious choice between the two.

Havent we got enough of experimenting with in-experience? Let’s start getting people that have proven they can be successful at this level before. And as a Laker fan success means winning a fkng title, seems lost concept among fans nowadays.

To me if we choose Williams over Lue it would feel like a twilight zone type feeling like I felt at other times this year dealing with...Randle, Cousins, Lopez, Deng, AD offer, Zubac.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:28 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
What has Lue done? Won a championship, went to 4 straight (that means winning all those playoff games)

I don’t get it? I know we’re not all gonna think alike but Like almost all of the actions this season I’m unable to make any logical sense out what’s going on.

Help me understand why most here don’t agree that Lue isn’t the obvious choice between the two. Havent we got enough of experimenting with in-experience? Let’s start getting people that have proven they can be successful at this level before. And as a Laker fan success means winning a fkng title, seems lost concept among fans nowadays.

To me if we choose Williams over Lue it would feel like a twilight zone type feeling like I felt at other times this year dealing with...Randle, Cousins, Lopez, Deng, AD offer, Zubac.

Lue snaked his way into that job. He completely tried to show up Blatt in the 2015 finals. After Blatt got fired yes he “coached” that team to 3 more finals while having the best player in the league in the weakest conference we’ve ever seen.

Giving Lue credit for making the finals is equivalent to giving Luke the credit for coaching the Warriors to the finals
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:30 am    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:

Help me understand why most here don’t agree that Lue isn’t the obvious choice between the two. Havent we got enough of experimenting with in-experience? Let’s start getting people that have proven they can be successful at this level before. And as a Laker fan success means winning a fkng title, seems lost concept among fans nowadays.

Lue snaked his way into that job. He completely tried to show up Blatt in the 2015 finals. After Blatt got fired yes he “coached” that team to 3 more finals while having the best player in the league in the weakest conference we’ve ever seen.

Giving Lue credit for making the finals is equivalent to giving Luke the credit for coaching the Warriors to the finals

Good half arse job, now finish your analysis please sir, whar about williams?

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:32 am    Post subject:

He only had 1 year of CP3 back in 2011 where they made the playoffs but lost to b2b champs Lakers 4-2

Then Pelicans traded CP3 so went through rebuild. Got AD but he was still young and rest of the key players (Eric Gordon, Jrue Holdiay) were dealt with injuries.

In 2015 he made the playoffs again but this time they faced Warriors and they couldn't resist much with those injuries.

Overall he was able to win %44 of games while AD was young and others having injury problems. Mind you he was in West.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
If I had to choose among the three names that are being tossed around, I would easily choose Monty.

Here’s an inspiring article about the him: https://www.nba.com/sixers/news/monty-williams-coaching-servants-heart

That players coach personality might be a soothing balm to our young players, and his reputation might help lure marquee players, who otherwise wouldn't consider coming here after our recent dumpster fire.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:

Well .... not exactly
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:

deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I don’t have a problem with either nor am I inspired by either. Ehhhh.

Exactly.

correct !!
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:

He only had 1 year of CP3 back in 2011 where they made the playoffs but lost to b2b champs Lakers 4-2

Then Pelicans traded CP3 so went through rebuild. Got AD but he was still young and rest of the key players (Eric Gordon, Jrue Holdiay) were dealt with injuries.

In 2015 he made the playoffs again but this time they faced Warriors and they couldn't resist much with those injuries.

Overall he was able to win %44 of games while AD was young and others having injury problems. Mind you he was in West.

Don’t make we walk y’all through the entire process. The next step is to compare the two resumes to determine who has had the most success. (Should I add the final step of selecting that one?)

I know we won’t agree on everything, if anyone has logic on why we wouldn’t chose Lou please help. I’m struggling frfr
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

I am starting to buy into some of the positives in hiring Monty Williams...I still see nothing positive about considering Lue.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:

Don’t make we walk y’all through the entire process. The next step is to compare the two resumes to determine who has had the most success. (Should I add the final step of selecting that one?)

I know we won’t agree on everything, if anyone has logic on why we wouldn’t chose Lou please help. I’m struggling frfr

Lue will be puppet of Lebron. He had no experience with young players unlike Monty.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

I wonder why NOP fired Monty after taking the AD-led team to the playoffs that year. They did get swept by GSW, but still.

His first year, Monty (along with CP3 of course) was able to take NOH to the playoffs. Then they missed the next year's playoffs since CP3 was gone. They they got AD the draft after. They missed the playoffs until finally making it the year Monty got fired. Weird.

The next year with Gentry, the team didn't make the playoffs. Perhaps due to Tyreke missing a lot of games?
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
Palin wrote:

Lue will be puppet of Lebron. He had no experience with young players unlike Monty.

Being a puppet of LeBron has been very successful for NBA coaches over the last decade. Perhaps it's a model we should follow.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: