Official President of Basketball Operations Search Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

Hiring a President of Bball Ops is a pretty special event. We are blessed to have Linda manage us through this most special occasion.

2019/20 LG thread:

"Linda Rambis needs to be fired"
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Just a correction, they own a little over 9% of the team (66%\7).

Johnnie, Jimmy, Jeanie, Janie, Jesse, Joey = 6.

Who has share #7? Dr. Buss' ex wife?
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
With rumors that Pelinka is icing out the two younger Buss boys, eventually they might team up with the older Buss boys to do just that.

What rumors?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:29 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yes
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:57 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
With rumors that Pelinka is icing out the two younger Buss boys, eventually they might team up with the older Buss boys to do just that.

HOWEVER (and someone clarify for me), there is a "Last Man Standing Clause" in the Trust, which basically means that as each of the 6 kids die, their interest does not pass on to their heirs, but stays with the trust.

With Jimmy and Johnnie being in their 60s, they could very well be dead in 20 years, which would bump Jesse and Joey's stake from 11% of the team to 17% each. Add 5 more years for Jeanie and Janie to die and the younger Buss' become 33% each owners of the team.

Good summary. All your points match up with what I've read about this since the Jeanie vs Jim/Johnny thing. I guess only someone with an inside track will know more because there's not a whole lot of information out there. I have a question about this quoted bit... what happens when all 6 siblings have passed on? Surely someone's kids will have to come into the picture at some point?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

skin wrote:
why do we need a president? we never had one in the past

Jim Buss was Team President
Bill Sharman was promoted to Team President when Jerry West became GM
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

HOWEVER (and someone clarify for me), there is a "Last Man Standing Clause" in the Trust, which basically means that as each of the 6 kids die, their interest does not pass on to their heirs, but stays with the trust.

With Jimmy and Johnnie being in their 60s, they could very well be dead in 20 years, which would bump Jesse and Joey's stake from 11% of the team to 17% each. Add 5 more years for Jeanie and Janie to die and the younger Buss' become 33% each owners of the team.

Good summary. All your points match up with what I've read about this since the Jeanie vs Jim/Johnny thing. I guess only someone with an inside track will know more because there's not a whole lot of information out there. I have a question about this quoted bit... what happens when all 6 siblings have passed on? Surely someone's kids will have to come into the picture at some point?

From what I understand, the "Last Man Standing" gets it all and it would go to their descendants.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yes

IIRC. she's in her mid 80s, so she'll likely not be a factor in 25 years.
Good of him to include her - supposedly, they divorced in 1968, 10 years before he bought the Lakers.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

What rumors?

Paging VLF.

Please advise.
baker7007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

DELETED.

Last edited by baker7007 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

baker7007 wrote:
@IGotSources:

Report: Lakers have reached out to Clippers for permission to interview Jerry West for Lakers PBO. Jerry West who is a Free Agent this summer can simply walk away from Clippers.

At this moment it’s still unknown whether Jerry West wants any part of Lakers. Who will lead the recruiting once Clippers grant permission? Ryan West, who is also expected to have a bigger role within Lakers ORG.

Lol at that twitter handle. This cant be real
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
baker7007 wrote:
@IGotSources:

Report: Lakers have reached out to Clippers for permission to interview Jerry West for Lakers PBO. Jerry West who is a Free Agent this summer can simply walk away from Clippers.

At this moment it’s still unknown whether Jerry West wants any part of Lakers. Who will lead the recruiting once Clippers grant permission? Ryan West, who is also expected to have a bigger role within Lakers ORG.

Lol at that twitter handle. This cant be real

Seems suspect, at least the source.

But if it ends up being true, it effectively confirms it was Magic who shunned West to begin with.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

baker7007 wrote:
@IGotSources:

This is complete BS.
Stoping posting his crap here.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

Can we have a separate thread where we post unverified Twitter gossip?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
baker7007 wrote:
@IGotSources:

This is complete BS.

Yeah don't get our hopes up with this stuff. It's PeLinda from here on out.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
danzag wrote:
baker7007 wrote:
@IGotSources:

This is complete BS.

Yeah don't get our hopes up with this stuff. It's PeLinda from here on out.

lol
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

From what I understand, the "Last Man Standing" gets it all and it would go to their descendants.

Yikes. If that's true, I won't pretend to understand what Jerry Buss was thinking. It seems unfair to the others... and odd (to put it mildly)... for example, what if the last kid dies without leaving any heirs? There's got to be more.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

Please stop posting this IGotSources dude. He is just making up crap and some folks here actually believe him. Lameness.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

I dont think anyone knows the game of basketball as much as Linda
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Please stop posting this IGotSources dude. He is just making up crap and some folks here actually believe him. Lameness.

That IGotSources dude reported (3/13) that the Lakers would travel to Philly to meet with Monty Williams a day before Woj did on 3/14 (while Woj was still saying they would either phone him or meet him in person).

I'm not really familiar with him, but looking through his twitter he definitely intersperses his opinion with his predictions. I'm guessing he does know people, but information alone doesn't make things happen.

EDIT: he also reported that the Luke Walton deal with Sacramento was "a done deal" about 30 minutes before the national news picked up on Saturday.

Last edited by Staccatos on Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

That IGotSources dude reported (3/13) that the Lakers would travel to Philly to meet with Monty Williams a day before Woj did on 3/14 (while Woj was still saying they would either phone him or meet him in person).

I'm not really familiar with him, but looking through his twitter he definitely intersperses his opinion with his predictions. I'm guessing he does know people, but information alone doesn't make things happen.

Rob is meeting Monty today. It's gotta be in Philly right?
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

I would think so. Philly's next game is Thursday in Brooklyn. Doubt he'd take a day off to come to LA. The only other alternative was to do a phone interview (or maybe like skype)
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

EDIT: he also reported that the Luke Walton deal with Sacramento was "a done deal" about 30 minutes before the national news picked up on Saturday.

This is incorrect.

Woj tweeted that we had been granted permission to meet with Monty at 2:52 p.m. on April 13. Then at 2:57 p.m., said it would either be a phone call or the Lakers flying to Philadelphia.

"IGotSources" then tweeted out at 3:05 p.m. that the Lakers were going to meet with Monty in Philadelphia.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
epak wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

I would think so. Philly's next game is Thursday in Brooklyn. Doubt he'd take a day off to come to LA. The only other alternative was to do a phone interview (or maybe like skype)

Heh. Skype for Business. The world we live in
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

This is incorrect.

Woj tweeted that we had been granted permission to meet with Monty at 2:52 p.m. on April 13. Then at 2:57 p.m., said it would either be a phone call or the Lakers flying to Philadelphia.

"IGotSources" then tweeted out at 3:05 p.m. that the Lakers were going to meet with Monty in Philadelphia.

Woj said phone call or flying to Lakers on the 13th.

Then on the 14th ( a day later):
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1117506692563046400
Quote:

Adrian Wojnarowski
‏@wojespn

Lakers management plans to travel East to meet with Sixers assistant Monty Williams between Games 2 and 3 of playoff series with Brooklyn, league sources tell ESPN. Williams has emerged as a top candidate for Lakers coaching job.

12:15 PM - 14 Apr 2019
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 20 of 71
Jump to: