OFFICIAL Lakers Coaching Thread (Lue Negotiation Break Down)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 145, 146, 147  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Jeannie is sitting in on coach interviews? Ms. I don't do basketball decisions?

Shes gonna be more hands on now. No more letting the pobo spend less than 60 hrs a week on Lakers basketball issues like magic was getting away with.

Ya, her being more hands on is not the answer. The answer is hiring a legit POBO.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:36 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Practice wrote:
Ramona Shelburne said the Lakers will be looking at more coaches outside of the three we know.

*Kurt prints out resume*

I hear a dot matrix printer when reading this.

bfc1125roy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:47 am    Post subject:

Given how poor our offense was last season, if you're curious to get a preview of what Williams or Lue might do with LeBron on the team, head over to my thread where I'm going to incrementally break it down:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=187544

Thanks
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject:

I don't care what offenses they run, I want a coach who can get some consistent defense out of these guys.

The defense declined noticeably once Lonzo and his on ball pressure departed the lineup.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject:

Does it matter what offense a prospective HC might discuss running?

In practice it is rebound and hand the ball to James. Players are expected to defer and play off his iso heavy offense. Then look confused and incompetent when he is out of the game.

Any HC trying anything different starts hearing chatter from “sources” that he should start updating his resume. Any players not complying might as well start packing their bags.

Lakers are all in on the James plan with all the positives and negatives it brings with it. HC is just along for the ride and to help deflect blame at those post game interviews.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject:

bfc1125roy wrote:
Given how poor our offense was last season, if you're curious to get a preview of what Williams or Lue might do with LeBron on the team, head over to my thread where I'm going to incrementally break it down:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=187544

Thanks

Thanks
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

I'm trying to give her the benefit of doubt but I can't forget the Tobey McGuire voice over pitches to free agents and the damn banners for Howard. Doesn't help that she is simply not a basketball mind.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject:

In practice it is rebound and hand the ball to James. Players are expected to defer and play off his iso heavy offense. Then look confused and incompetent when he is out of the game.

Any HC trying anything different starts hearing chatter from “sources” that he should start updating his resume. Any players not complying might as well start packing their bags.

Lakers are all in on the James plan with all the positives and negatives it brings with it. HC is just along for the ride and to help deflect blame at those post game interviews.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

Lakers are all in and they should be. If you are not see you in 3 years.

Complaining constantly doesn't get you ownership of things u/me/we can't control
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

Does this mean Jason Kidd & Mark Jackson will be expecting a phone call from Rob now?
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Does this mean Jason Kidd & Mark Jackson will be expecting a phone call from Rob now?

Chit. Maybe.
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:

I’m hoping for Darvin Ham and a Spurs staffer (Messina). Maybe request permission to talk to Quinn Snyder or Terry Stots if/when their teams get bounced early.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:

If only to make it look like an "exhaustive" search.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Practice wrote:
Ramona Shelburne said the Lakers will be looking at more coaches outside of the three we know.

*Kurt prints out resume*

References… LINDA RAMBIS
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
kwase wrote:
C'mon LG'ers, our next head coach is Ty Lue. Stop kidding yourselves, we are Cleveland West now whether you like it, are willing to admit it or not. lebron is predictable if you've been paying attention to his actions and not what the media tells you.

I don’t think anyone is a lock to become our head coach right now, we are still exploring options.

It's all smoke and mirrors bruh. If people really wanted to come here and coach lebron there would be a line outside Staples Center to get the job. It's already been leaked that people are telling coaches to stay away from here. It's Ty Lue's job if he wants it, and Monty's if Ty Lue turns it down...which I highly doubt because it's not like teams are lining up for Lue either.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

Complaining constantly doesn't get you ownership of things u/me/we can't control

You again? Please just ignore me and don't respond if you are so sensitive.

We don't agree on some basic issues. I'm fine with that. But I'm not going anywhere. Same as I would not expect to you to go anywhere either.

Why not constantly remark on some of the other endless repetitive criticisms or hyperbole of management, HC, players or draft that are on the forum. Just because you agree with them does not mean they are any less repetitive or intrinsically "right".

When you see my name just keep on scrolling. I'm sure you can find someone that agrees with you just a click away.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Sad reality
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

It's all smoke and mirrors bruh. If people really wanted to come here and coach lebron there would be a line outside Staples Center to get the job. It's already been leaked that people are telling coaches to stay away from here. It's Ty Lue's job if he wants it, and Monty's if Ty Lue turns it down...which I highly doubt because it's not like teams are lining up for Lue either.

There is - you just can't see it.

There are exactly 30 NBA head coaching gigs and 15 of them are good (including the Lakers gig). If you are not at one of those 15 gigs or one of the top 5 college gigs, you WANT the Lakers job.

Why is the line 'invisible?"

1 - If you already have a gig, you cannot campaign for the Lakers job because if you don't get it, you've screwed yourself at your current job;

2 - If you go all out for the gig and don't get it, you look like an idiot;

3 - If you don't have a realistic shot at it, you actually may end up devaluing yourself and eliminating yourself from future consideration for a top gig.

What you WANT to happen (particularly if you're employed at a good gig elsewhere) is for stories to come out that the Lakers are interested in YOU (but not stories planted by your "camp"). When that happens, it puts the onus on your current bosses to either give you a better deal or give the Lakers permission to talk to you. You are then in position to:

1 - Say "I wasn't interested, they came and talked to me" if you don't get it;

2 - Accept the job, telling the fans "I wasn't interested at first, but they really pursued me and made an offer I couldn't refuse"; or

3 - Have your name in the conversation for the NEXT big job "He turned down the Laker gig because he waiting for the Celtics job."

There are very few gigs that will guarantee you $25-$30 million dollars, whether you perform or not, and in the NBA you don't have to deal with the BS of recruiting 15 & 16 year olds.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
kwase wrote:

There are exactly 30 NBA head coaching gigs and 15 of them are good (including the Lakers gig). If you are not at one of those 15 gigs or one of the top 5 college gigs, you WANT the Lakers job.

1 - If you already have a gig, you cannot campaign for the Lakers job because if you don't get it, you've screwed yourself at your current job;

3 - If you don't have a realistic shot at it, you actually may end up devaluing yourself and eliminating yourself from future consideration for a top gig.

What you WANT to happen (particularly if you're employed at a good gig elsewhere) is for stories to come out that the Lakers are interested in YOU (but not stories planted by your "camp"). When that happens, it puts the onus on your current bosses to either give you a better deal or give the Lakers permission to talk to you. You are then in position to:

2 - Accept the job, telling the fans "I wasn't interested at first, but they really pursued me and made an offer I couldn't refuse"; or

3 - Have your name in the conversation for the NEXT big job "He turned down the Laker gig because he waiting for the Celtics job."

There are very few gigs that will guarantee you $25-$30 million dollars, whether you perform or not, and in the NBA you don't have to deal with the BS of recruiting 15 & 16 year olds.

The more I read about the negativity revolving around the Lakers brand, I feel its a perfect set up for redemption. After taking this season in, watching Magic leave and Luke leave, I feel it was all done purposely to set up something much better. We can all agree that Magic was in way over his head and not really invested in what that position required, and Luke, as much as people like him, he still needs time to be a good coach. I didn't hate him but I felt he was often winging it. You shouldn't be playing with lineups, offenses, defenses, as often as he was.

So, I, for one perhaps, don't believe everything I read....I think the media is paid to paint doom and gloom for the Lakers right now. It creates drama and equates to clicks on the internet. I don't buy everything I am reading at all. I don't believe Rob takes over, we get no President and we get a crappy second rate coach. I don't buy any of that happening.

Instead, I think we make a splash with a damn good President of BBO, a good solid coach, and this offseason, if we don't get a few huge names, we get the right players in here to have a successful season.

I still blame much of the season's woos on injuries more than anything.

I mean think about it.....the only player to play 82 games was KCP..
Lebron played 55
Kuzma played 70
Ingram played 52
Lonzo 47
Rondo 46
Hart 67
Lance 68
Beasley (waste of signing) played only 26
Chandler only 48

I feel this is going to be a good offseason for the Lakers.

I am not buying into all the doom and gloom.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
kwase wrote:

A lot of coaches want the job, but our front office is pretty stupid and it will be an underwhelming hire.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Practice wrote:

*Kurt prints out resume*

Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Both the Cavs and the Heat did more than just pass the ball to LeBron and get out of the way on every possession.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:

Everyone has been shutting Kidd down, so I doubt he gets a call.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
epak wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Jeannie is sitting in on coach interviews? Ms. I don't do basketball decisions?

Shes gonna be more hands on now. No more letting the pobo spend less than 60 hrs a week on Lakers basketball issues like magic was getting away with.

Ya, her being more hands on is not the answer. The answer is hiring a legit POBO.

The Woj article said it’s going to be Pelinka, ownership, and senior management.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

You again? Please just ignore me and don't respond if you are so sensitive.

We don't agree on some basic issues. I'm fine with that. But I'm not going anywhere. Same as I would not expect to you to go anywhere either.

Why not constantly remark on some of the other endless repetitive criticisms or hyperbole of management, HC, players or draft that are on the forum. Just because you agree with them does not mean they are any less repetitive or intrinsically "right".

When you see my name just keep on scrolling. I'm sure you can find someone that agrees with you just a click away.

At least post some reality before posting ur anti LeBron agenda.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 145, 146, 147  Next
Page 38 of 147
Jump to: