Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 815, 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Dr. Laker and you don't just think it ... but then went and made blanket statements saying racial bias exists here on LG (albeit, you to a lesser degree than him).

Actually, I started a thread here to discuss specifics (rather than blanket statements), but the thread was closed without explanation and none of the mods who I contacted owned up to closing or offered an explanation as to why.

I do not wish to (further) hi-jack this thread, so perhaps the mods could reopen the "White Male Sports Privilege" thread, if only to contain the discussion.

But to look at the dog whistle language and "code words" that some posters use here specifically related to black HC candidates, and the misogyny that is directed towards Jeanie cannot be termed as anything other than what it is (how often is she alternately characterized as a weak little girl or hormonal harridan, sometimes in the same post?).

I've been on this board since the beginning and have never raised the issue before, because it never was a (big) issue until Jim Buss was fired and replaced by Magic.

Check that - the misogyny towards Jeanie has been an issue for years, but being a guy, I mostly let is pass (which is an indictment against me). As an ethnic minority, I'm am more attuned to picking up racial stuff, but the genderism is huge.

Thank you for agreeing not to hijack the thread further.

kikanga wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Dr. Laker and you don't just think it ... but then went and made blanket statements saying racial bias exists here on LG (albeit, you to a lesser degree than him).

Imagine telling MLK racism doesn't exist because he wasn't racist.
Or telling a Ghandi violence doesn't exist because he wasn't violent.
I have no delusions of grandeur. I know I'm not a civil rights leader. I'm just saying. If someone advocates for a cause. That doesn't prove the cause doesn't exist.

Gandhi and MLK both fought for civil rights and against racism. What cause are you advocating for exactly? The cause that allows you to think Lue/Monty wouldn't be good coaches because you have performed a "coaching evaluation", being the woke basketball savant that you are.... while simultaneously accusing anyone who is not black and thinking the same of Lue/Monty of doing it because of "racial bias"? That is a very different kind of freedom than what Gandhi/MLK had in mind, just FYI. Quit imposing your moral high-horsery on others and determining the motives of people you do not know, that's all I'm asking.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
2019 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Russell Fox would be hard to guard.

Russell Ball would be damn near unstoppable, if not for injuries or the circus that surrounds the Lakers.

too bad no team ever had the chance to pair those 2....

I'd hate to support the team that prevented it from happening!!!

A lot of people here said they couldn’t play together and still have that mentality with guards.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
How is luke a good coach

I'm not trying to give props to Luke but I don't think he's a bad coach just a mediocre one. His biggest mistakes was hiring an incompetent staff, and not being able to make the proper adjustments during the game.

His biggest mistake was coaching for a franchise that tanked for 6 years. He won’t have that problem in Sacramento.

Now he's going to a team that tanked for the last 12.

A team that drafted in the top 10 for 10 consecutive seasons (half of those in the top 5) and last won a championship when Harry S. Truman was President.

The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Luke isn’t a good coach at all not even close he’s going to plateau Kings growth
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
How is luke a good coach

I'm not trying to give props to Luke but I don't think he's a bad coach just a mediocre one. His biggest mistakes was hiring an incompetent staff, and not being able to make the proper adjustments during the game.

His biggest mistake was coaching for a franchise that tanked for 6 years. He won’t have that problem in Sacramento.

A team that drafted in the top 10 for 10 consecutive seasons (half of those in the top 5) and last won a championship when Harry S. Truman was President.

But let's not let facts get in the way.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
How is luke a good coach

But let's not let facts get in the way.

When talking about Luke’s flaws you also have to mention the terrible offense with like one action and no counters.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject:

I just watched the Luke introductory press conference and I got a few take aways..

He’s basically saying the right things similar to what he was saying when he was with the Lakers...

He said he’s gonna work on shooting from Day 1, which is what he basically said last year when he was the Lakers

He does a good job talking, I will give you guys that.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject:

I agree Luke was a mediocre coach.

As is Lue, as is Monty Williams, although they're both way better than Kidd.

As for racial bias, I'm not biased at all. I hate all of the choices we have so far.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:

Gandhi and MLK both fought for civil rights and against racism. What cause are you advocating for exactly? The cause that allows you to think Lue/Monty wouldn't be good coaches because you have performed a "coaching evaluation", being the woke basketball savant that you are.... while simultaneously accusing anyone who is not black and thinking the same of Lue/Monty of doing it because of "racial bias"? That is a very different kind of freedom than what Gandhi/MLK had in mind, just FYI. Quit imposing your moral high-horsery on others and determining the motives of people you do not know, that's all I'm asking.

Did you read my last post? Did you read any of my posts? I've highlighted in red font something you think I said, but I never did.
I've highlighted in blue where you sound like acknowledging bias existing is the problem. You know if I don't say anything. It's still there right?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Omar Little"]
Dr. Laker wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Now is this a good example of white privilege? The guy was unemployed a day!

Wow, nice statement. Has nothing to do with being white. Maybe read a little on why he got the job so quickly:

1) Kings wanted Luke as a coach since 2016
2) Kings fired their coach this week
3) Luke parted ways with the Lakers
4) Kings wanted Luke as a coach since 2016
5) Kings and Luke had mutual interest
6) Kings made Luke a deal

He could have been black, Chinese, Indian or Mexican, didn't matter. Its who the Kings wanted.

By the way, Vlade is not white, FYI...in case you didn't know.

Serbians are white. Ethnically, genetically and culturally.

The fringe of the White Power movement (OK, the fringe of the fringe) assign a "lesser degree of whiteness" to central Europeans and Slavs from the more southerly portions of Europe, but genetically it is a non-starter.

Ditto Armenians & Persians - geographically, they are Asian, but genetically they are Caucasian.

Yes, in sociology, the term "white ethnic(s)" is used, or the term ethnically white. It's the actual PC-safe term. White as we all understand it to mean Caucasian. He has olive skin and black hair, so do Italians. No one thinks they aren't white.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

lol wtf is going on in this thread Miss People calling jim a cokehead, alcoholic, gambler, idiot and no one was offended
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

lol wtf is going on in this thread Miss People calling jim a cokehead, alcoholic, gambler, idiot and no one was offended
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Luke without the Walton last name. He won't even be in the NBA 15 years ago.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Divac and Luke any bets they’re in the DLo sweepstakes?

They have Fox. He could be better than DLO.

There is nothing wrong with them having both.

Mind Blown.

DLo, Fox, and JC on the same team with a developing Brandon Ingram (if not traded)? Fox couldn't even shoot 3s as a rookie. Ingram still basically can't.

KCP, now less likely to sign, would take minutes from the young guys, and vice versa. We probably keep Nwaba and overpay for Patrick Patterson. And even if Ingram is traded to dump Moz, does he net us the 27th pick? If we don't have Hart or KCP, that backcourt has no defense outside of Nwaba.

LeBron probably doesn't leave Cleveland last year, and it'd all come down to this summer, but Ingram/Randle wouldn't be part of that future if we were still doing the 2max plan.

Klay/DLo/Ingram/Fox/Randle is a contender in a few years, but not immediately, and would never be a favorite. If Kawhi and Klay both came, we'd be a contender, but it would stunt Fox and DLo's development, and cost us Randle.

Back to the immediate problem in 2017 with the potential backcourt of Fox/DLo/JC, how do we even get Clarkson enough touches to make him tradeable w/o too much sweetener? He practically ran the team during the first months of last season. At the very least, that #25 pick isn't coming back (putting us on the wrong side of the Stepien rule until this summer).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Can the Kings end up terminating Luke’s extension if the allegations are true?

https://mobile.twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/1120486659299127297

Poor Vlade
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Can the Kings end up terminating Luke’s extension if the allegations are true?

https://mobile.twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/1120486659299127297

Poor Vlade

Hmm. This is from his Warriors days?
Good move on Rob with the fire then.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject:

I’m no luke fan, but you have to be suspicious of old claims with no evidence like this.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject:

I went up to bat for Luke for years in this thread specifically because he was a good guy, welp.

Good riddance.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

So GS knew about it and didn't tell the Lakers? Wow imagine if Luke was still our coach and this story breaking with all the other crap going on?
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Jeannie looks like an idiot supporting this guy

I wish Kelli Tennant would have sued him sooner
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:

don't forget six foot jockey
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:

what a terrible take
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:

The irony here is Gandhi being used as a symbol for anti-racism while also being a racist himself. Probably not the best example to use here, he was a piece of sh*t that slept with several underage girls including his grand-niece.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject:

kobe8One wrote:
Luke without the Walton last name. He won't even be in the NBA 15 years ago.

Seems like Mr. Walton can get a head coaching job quite easily, while the likes of Sam Cassell and Juwan Howard have been toiling for years as assistants and never get a break.

I wonder why...
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:

Allegations don't equal facts.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 815, 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 816 of 818
Jump to: