2019 NFL Offseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Browns agree to terms with Garrett Gilbert....the QB this season for the Orlando Apollos of the AAF.

the guy has some talent....glad to see him get another shot at the NFL
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:04 am    Post subject:

OK, it's time for my first Mock Draft attempt of the year, with 17 days before the draft. Legendary NFL draft guru Gil Brandt has said that this year there appears to be very little chalk anywhere, so this could be a difficult year to predict. I've gotten most of my first round picks correct over the past two years, and I'm guessing that this year could be much different. Anyway, here we go:

**EDIT: This is version 2.0, on April 14th, with changes and two full rounds, with the 2nd Round in the following post. No one has replied to this thread since I did my first version anyway lol.**

1. Cardinals--Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
Murray is going to be the pick, as Kliff Kingsbury is in love with him. Maybe Arizona gets bowled over by an offer and deals away the pick, but Murray will be taken first overall.

2. 49ers--Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio St.
Bosa can wreck games, and I don't believe his season-ending injury last year will hurt his stock. Yes, the 49ers have already traded for Dee Ford, but they are playing in a division with the high-powered Rams offense and against Russell Wilson. Nothing wrong with having another blue-chip pass rusher, and one who has a brother who has been a star in the league.

3. Jets--Josh Allen, DE/LB, Kentucky
Not as well-known as Alabama star Quinnen Williams, Allen offers a bit more versatility as not only an edge rusher, but as a guy who can play some pass coverage as well. Williams could be the pick here instead, and I could also see them trade down.

4. Raiders--Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
Yes, the Raiders need to find pass rushing talent in a big way, but I don't think they will pass up on a talent like Williams here, especially with both Bosa and Allen off the board in this mock. If Williams does happen to go at 2 or 3, I believe the Raiders would look hard at either Bosa or Allen, likely Allen.

5. Bucs--Montez Sweat, DE/LB, Mississippi St.
No guts, no glory. Sweat has immense talent, and a heart condition came up during the combine. But whereas Michigan's Maurice Hurst was sent home from the combine last year because of his heart condition, Sweat was able to stay. Tampa Bay badly needs to improve its edge rush, and this is a case of a team filling a need with a player who has major upside. The buzz seems to be that he's still going to go in the top 10. We'll see.

6. Giants--Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
Oliver is not unlike Jadeveon Clowney at South Carolina, in that he was a standout player from the moment he stepped onto a college campus (22 TFL's as a freshman). Dave Gettleman loves beefing up his offensive and defensive lines, and there's more value in taking Oliver than there would be in taking any offensive lineman.
**Pick change from Jonah Williams**

7. Jaguars--Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
The Jags still fancy themselves as contenders, bringing in playoff hero Nick Foles and with a strong defense still in tow. Their offensive line play fell off drastically last season, and I think that yet another old-school GM (Tom Coughlin) will want to address that problem quickly. Enter Taylor, who should start at either left or right tackle right away.

8. Lions--Devin White, LB, LSU
The Lions drafted Jarrad Davis in 2017, and he's been solid. But I view him as similar to a RB who can "get what's blocked." He's solid, but can't wreck a game and make plays. White can. There's major upside here, as he's only been playing LB for a couple of years (he's a converted former RB). The team hosted Leighton Vander Esch last season during the pre-draft process, and White is a better prospect that LVE was last season.
**Pick change from Ed Oliver

9. Bills--TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa
The consensus top TE available, strong as both a pass-catcher and blocker, Hockenson would add to the growing stable of offensive talent available to young QB Josh Allen.

10. Broncos--Devin Bush, LB, Michigan
I had Devin White in this spot in my previous update. But he's gone in this mock, and with a big drop-off after Bush at inside linebacker, I'll switch gears and slot the Michigan product here. Like White, Bush also fits the profile of a tackling machine LB who can play all three downs, and one that fits new coach Vic Fangio's scheme. Yes, it's possible that a QB could be the selection, but for now I'll keep one of the draft's top two ILB's in this spot.
**Pick change from Devin White

11. Bengals--Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
I had Dwayne Haskins in this spot in my previous mock, but in talking to some people with Bengals ties, they didn't seem to think that a QB will be in play with this pick. They said that the team thinks it can get back to being competitive quickly, and that they were off to a good start last year before injuries hit. OK, then with that said, perhaps Williams will get a long look. The Bengals took steps to address a pitiful offensive line from 2017 when they brought in Cordy Glenn and drafted Billy Price. But RT Bobby Hart was an unmitigated disaster last year. Williams may have a short wingspan, but he should thrive at RT for years to come. When the Bengals were at their best over the past decade, they had a strong offensive line with the likes of Andrew Whitworth and Kevin Zeitler playing at or near All-Pro levels. With a pick like this, the Bengals could make Dalton, as well as Joe Mixon, very happy.
**Pick change from Dwayne Haskins

12. Packers--Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
If you saw the national championship game, you saw Wilkins look unstoppable. He might be the BPA here, and I'm giving him the nod over other potential D-line guys like Rashan Gary, Brian Burns, and Wilkins' own Clemson teammate Clelin Ferrell.
**Pick change from Devin Bush

13. Dolphins--Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio St.
So much for #TankForTua. Without a guarantee that the 'Fins will be in position next year to draft Tua or Justin Herbert, and with Haskins possessing enough upside, I think he could be the selection if still available here.
**Pick change from Christian Wilkins

14. Falcons--Rashan Gary, DE/DT, Michigan
The Falcons desperately need to improve the interior of their D-line, and Gary is an athletic freak. Athletic clay, if you will. He wasn't overly productive in college, but since he's still considered to be a possible pick in the top-half of Round 1, perhaps defensive-minded coach Dan Quinn will think he can mold him into a dominant player.

15. Redskins--Daniel Jones, QB, Duke
It's probably not wise for me to try to predict where Josh Rosen will end up. It might be the Redskins, but there's no way to know for sure. As such, I will switch gears and take a QB for the team, which is absolutely necessary after the unfortunate gruesome injury to Alex Smith. Smith may never play again. I'm going to take an educated guess and say that Daniel Jones would be a better fit for Jay Gruden's scheme than Drew Lock would be.
**Pick change from Brian Burns

16. Panthers--Brian Burns, DE, Florida St.
The Panthers need to improve the offensive line for Cam Newton, and I had them taking Andre Dillard in my last mock. But the Panthers also desperately need pass rushers, and with Burns now available, he could be the selection instead.
**Pick change from Andre Dillard

17. Giants--Garrett Bradbury, C, N.C. State
Here's the pick the Giants got in the Odell Beckham trade, their second selection in Round 1. Could they replace Beckham with a polarizing WR prospect in DK Metcalf? Drew Lock is still available, but I'll guess that Gettleman is simply not enamored with any QB in this spot. The best available defensive player might be Ferrell, but they've already nabbed Oliver at #6. As such, perhaps they will turn to the O-line. Vast improvement is needed at C and RT, though the guard spots seem set after the Odell Beckham trade brought them Kevin Zeitler. Bradbury is the top-rated center in the draft.
**Pick change from DK Metcalf

18. Vikings--Cody Ford, OL, Oklahoma
Ford is another OU lineman who is a road grader, but not necessarily a great athlete at the position. Think Orlando Brown (though not as big), perhaps; Brown lasted until the third round of the '18 draft due to testing poor athletically at the combine, but went on to have a pretty solid rookie year. In any case, the Vikes' O-line went from very good in '17 to very poor last season. This simply has to be addressed, and Ford could kick inside to guard if necessary.

19. Titans--Clelin Ferrell, DE/LB, Clemson
Here's a nice case of a team's need matching up with the possible BPA on defense. Cameron Wake, though still pretty effective, is a short-term solution to pair with Harold Landry. Ferrell would be the long-term solution.

20. Steelers--Andre Dillard, OT, Washington St.
I'm going to switch this up from my previous pick in this spot (CB Byron Murphy) to Dillard. RT is a problem spot now for the Steelers, as they need to replace Marcus Gilbert. Dillard should start at RT right away, while being a potential LT in the future. Big Ben would appreciate a pick like this.
**Pick change from Byron Murphy

21. Seahawks--Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi St.
I think that Seattle is more likely to trade down than any other team, but if they stay put, the best safety prospect in the draft would make sense for a team that no longer employs its former Legion of Boom safety tandem of Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor.
**Pick change from Noah Fant

22. Ravens--DK Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
No guts, no glory! Yes, the Ravens have missed on WR's in the draft in the recent past, most notably with Breshad Perriman. And yes, there's a risk/reward element to Metcalf, who is a remarkably impressive physical specimen who can fly and who has fantastic size. But he also was far less productive in college than his teammate, AJ Brown, and though he is fast, his 3-cone time at the combine was slower than Tom Brady's. Literally.
**Pick change from Hakeem Butler

23. Texans--Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington
Sure, sometimes taking the BPA is the way to go, but the Texans desperately need to protect Deshaun Watson, who has been pressured and hit on far too many occasions in his young career. At this point, the Texans' offensive line situation is almost comically bad. McGary was a stalwart at RT for the Huskies, but might be better suited for guard in the NFL.
**Pick change from Greg Little

24. Raiders--Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama
Having already nabbed Quinnen Williams earlier in this mock, here they double dip with Crimson Tide players and take the powerful Jacobs. Jon Gruden has clearly attempted to revamp the Raider offense this offseason, and Jacobs could be what Gruden hopes is his answer for a feature back.

25. Eagles--Chris Lindstrom, OG, Boston College
I liked the possible fit of Marquise Brown as an eventual replacement for D-Jax. I really did. But the need for a guard has become acute for the Eagles, while the need for another WR isn't. Lindstrom is definitely the best available guard.
**Pick change from Marquise Brown

26. Colts--Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio St.
There are some talented DT's still available, including Jones, Dexter Lawrence, Jerry Tillery, and the rehabbing-from-injury Jeffery Simmons (who is the most talented of the bunch). Though he comes from the KC front office, GM Chris Ballard seems to value character a little bit more than his old club in KC, so to that end, I will slot them Jones, who is a major disruptor in the trenches.
**Pick change from Jeffery Simmons

27. Raiders--Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
Yes, the Raiders could look at a QB here (Lock is still available), but I don't believe that Gruden wants to use an of his 1st Round picks on a QB. Instead, they take a shot at improving their secondary with Williams, who has good size and ballhawking skills, although he fared better with INT's as a freshman.

28. Chargers--Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson
Very quietly, the Chargers' offensive line collapsed in the second half of last season. That said, there are still some strong D-line talents available, and since that happens to also be a clear need on what is an otherwise pretty loaded roster, Lawrence makes a lot of sense here.
**Pick change from Dre'Mont Jones

29. Chiefs--Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
Kendall Fuller is a solid player, but he is a slot corner. Bashaud Breeland was signed, but he's hardly an All-Pro, and there's little depth at this position, particularly since Steven Nelson left in free agency. Murphy could push for snaps quickly.
**Pick change from Dexter Lawrence

30. Packers--Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
Has Aaron Rodgers ever had an absolute speed demon to throw to? Well, with a pick like this, we won't have to ask the question any longer. Of course Davante Adams has turned into a stud, but that doesn't mean that the rest of the young WR corps can't add a potential game-breaking talent.
**Pick change from Chris Lindstrom

31. Rams--Erik McCoy, C, Texas A&M
The Rams had a fantastic offensive line in 2017. Last season, cracks began to emerge. Looking ahead to 2020, LT Andrew Whitworth will likely retire. LG Rodger Saffold is gone, and C John Sullivan was not retained. With Bradbury off the board, the Rams turn to the 2nd-rated center among scouts.
**Pick change from Garrett Bradbury

32. Patriots--Noah Fant, TE, Iowa
Let's be clear: I could absolutely see the Pats trade down to a team that wants to come back up into the first round to take a QB, in order to get that extra year of team control. That QB would likely be Drew Lock, in such a scenario. Anyhow, it might be tough to pass up a potential successor to Gronk. Fant could be the second TE from the same college team to go in the 1st round.
**Pick change from Jerry Tillery
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:29 am    Post subject:

2nd Round

33. Cardinals--Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi St.
What a way to start Day 2 of the draft for the Cards, should Simmons actually be available. He would've been a certain top-10 pick if not for his ACL injury, and possibly a top-5 choice. With the luxury of knowing that this team can't be fixed in a year, nabbing a talent like Simmons is a coup. They won't have to rush him back.

34. Colts--Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio St.
It may have taken him a little while, but Campbell was very productive in his final year as a Buckeye, as he caught passes from Dwayne Haskins. Campbell, who goes 6' and 205 lbs, blazed a 4.31 40 at the combine, and he's drawn Percy Harvin comparisons. With no sure long-term solution at WR behind TY Hilton, this selection would make a lot of sense.

35. Raiders--Jaylon Ferguson, DE, Louisiana Tech
Ferguson wasn't allowed to attend the combine due to a prior simple battery conviction during his freshman year of college. This is why he probably won't go in the first round. That said, he's a highly-productive talent who had 27% of his tackles go for TFL's in college. It would be a remarkable upset if the Raiders don't take a pass rusher with one of their first 4 picks.

36. 49ers--AJ Brown, WR, Ole Miss
Brown has a great chance to go in the 1st round, as all he did was produce at Ole Miss. The 49ers have Dante Pettis and Marquise Goodwin and Kendrick Bourne and Trent Taylor at WR, so it's not like they can't stand to improve this group for Jimmy G.

37. Giants--Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
Lock could go as high as 10th to the Broncos, or, heck, maybe even higher than that if a team gets desperate enough for a signal caller. Since I'm not projecting trades in this mock, I have him lasting all the way to this spot. It would make sense for the Giants to pull the trigger here.

38. Jaguars--Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama
Nick Foles likes throwing to the tight end. Unless you believe that Geoff Swaim is the answer, investing an early draft pick at this position makes sense. Smith is a fluid athlete, is an adept pass-catcher with nice hands, and is no slouch in the run game, either.

39. Buccaneers--Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida
Though he is an offensive-minded head coach, Bruce Arians' best defenses with the Cardinals had several plus athletes, including Tyrann Mathieu at safety. Gardner-Johnson is a superb athlete, and he could help to make Bucs fans forget about the fact that they foolishly passed on Derwin James in last year's draft.

40. Bills--Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame
Tillery tested well as an 84th percentile athlete at the combine, and is a favorite of Rotoworld draft guru Josh Norris. Some off-the-field concerns could be the reason he slips to the 2nd round.

41. Broncos--Will Grier, QB, West Virginia
The Broncos didn't take Drew Lock at #10 overall, but it may not be a huge drop-off to take Grier in the 2nd round, especially considering that they got Devin Bush in my mock already.

42. De'Andre Walker, OLB, Georgia
The Bengals need more of an edge pass rush, as Geno Atkins can only do so much from the interior. Walker can provide help in that area, and he also has the ability to play the run and to cover.

43. DeAndre Baker, CB, Georgia
Back-to-back guys from Georgia with the same-sounding name, just with a different spelling! The Lions have had problems at CB behind Darius Slay for Slay's entire career thus far. The team signed Justin Coleman in free agency, but he's not an outside CB. Teez Tabor has been a bust so far. Perhaps the Lions will try to remedy this problem and take the talented Baker.

44. Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas St.
Aaron Rodgers has suffered significant injuries in recent seasons, and a big reason why is the deterioration of the offensive line. Risner has struggled with speed rushers off the edge, but the Packers need at least one viable guard. Kicking Risner inside would make a lot of sense.

45. Elgton Jenkins, C, Mississippi St.
Alex Mack is now 33 years old, and the Falcons need to think about a successor. Jenkins may not wow anyone with his athleticism, but he's big and strong.

46. Redskins--Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple
The Redskins lack depth at CB, and the Temple product could represent good value here.

47. Panthers--Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss
As mentioned, the Panthers need to address their offensive line early in this draft. Little is an athletic left tackle prospect who could push for immediate snaps at either LT or RT.

48. Dolphins--Taylor Rapp, S, Washington
New coach Brian Flores comes from the Patriots, so I'm guessing that he will value defenders known for a high football IQ. In thinking about the remaining top safety prospects, Rapp probably has the highest football IQ of the bunch, along with toughness. So he gets the call, and it's worth noting that the 'Fins likely won't be keeping Reshad Jones around for much longer.

49. Browns--Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame
This is the Browns' first pick of the draft, following the absolute heist of Odell Beckham Jr. A weak spot on the defense appears to be at CB opposite Denzel Ward, so taking another CB makes sense for John Dorsey. Love is 5'10, which could be why he slips to the middle of the 2nd Round. John Dorsey just wants solid football players--Baker Mayfield and Denzel Ward didn't have ideal height last year when he picked them highly--and Love has great instincts and ball skills. With Love on the field for much of the first half of the CFP semifinal against Clemson, the Tigers had trouble moving the ball. As soon as he left the field with a concussion (never to return), Clemson had a field day. That is not a coincidence.

50. Vikings--LJ Collier, DE, TCU
Collier was only a starter at TCU for one season, but he flashed enough to be a likely 2nd round pick. A strong Senior Bowl week helped, and Collier offers size, strength, and toughness. Hmm, toughness. That sounds like something Mike Zimmer would appreciate.

51. Titans--Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa St.
The Titans don't have much in the way of wideout depth beyond Corey Davis. Butler offers massive size (6'5 and 228 lbs.) and sub-4.5 speed to go along with it. What he struggles with are drops. Still, he makes plays down the field, and his combine testing is going to make him a likely 2nd round selection, with an outside shot of going in the 1st.

52. Steelers--Justin Layne, CB, Michigan St.
After taking Dillard in Round 1, the Steelers could turn their attention to a CB. Joe Haden has issues staying healthy, and Artie Burns has been a disappointment. Perhaps the Spartan will help, and he offers solid size (6'2 192) for a corner.

53. Eagles--Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
Here's a case where a guy who plays football with a chip on his shoulder should marry well with a city's fanbase. Samuel offers potential as both a WR and as a returner, but will need to stay healthy to realize his potential. DeSean Jackson isn't a long-term solution and Nelson Agholor is nearing the end of his rookie deal, and perhaps Howie Roseman will see Samuel as a cheaper alternative moving forward.

54. Texans--Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia
Though the Texans have a reputation for having a stout defense, their depth has been eroding, especially at the back end. A three-year starter at Virginia, Thornhill has the size (6 feet tall and 205 lbs.) and speed (ran a 4.42 40 at the combine) that should solidify him as a second round selection.

55. Texans--Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson
The Texans again address their secondary, this time at CB. Coming off a sensational CFP title game performance against Alabama, Mullen is definitely in the mix to be a second round selection. The Texans were thrown on at an increased rate as last season wore on, and Johnathan Joseph is not getting any younger.

56. Patriots--Zach Allen, DE, Boston College
Allen has a high football IQ along with toughness, and he seems like the type of player that the Pats get a lot out of.

57. Eagles--David Montgomery, RB, Iowa St.
Roseman hasn't been shy to have a deep RB room, and with all due respect to Jordan Howard, Josh Adams, Wendell Smallwood, and Corey Clement, they are all limited in some way. Montgomery offers a 3-down skillset, offers shiftiness/power/vision, can pass protect, and he also has nice hands. This pick would signal that at least one of Smallwood/Clement would be shown the door.

58. Cowboys--Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware
This is actually Dallas' first pick of the draft, having dealt their 1st rounder to the Raiders in the Amari Cooper deal. Adderley has football in his blood, as he's related to Hall of Famer Herb Adderley, who played for the Packers and...wait for it...the Cowboys in the 1960's. (They are cousins.) He's a plus athlete who could help Dallas in the secondary.

59. Colts--Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn St.
Indy can still use some help at corner, and as a physical, press-man CB that is best-suited in a zone-based scheme, this could be the right fit.

60. Chargers--Max Scharping, OT, Northern Illinois
RT Sam Tevi was the weak link in the Charger O-line last season, a unit that got worse as the season went on. Recent early draft picks Dan Feeney and Forrest Lamp have yet to pan out, either. Scharping could unseat Tevi, or possibly even offer help at guard.

61. Chiefs--Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama
Tyrann Mathieu was signed, but Eric Berry is no longer a Chief. The current starter alongside Mathieu is Daniel Sorenson, and that is not a good idea. Thompson offers solid athleticism, isn't shy about tackling in run support, and has ballhawk instincts.

62. Saints--N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona St.
At a solid 6'2 and 228 lbs, Harry has drawn Allen Robinson comparisons from some scouts. There's opportunity for playing time beyond Michael Thomas at WR for the Saints, particularly in the coming years.

63. Patriots--Jamel Dean, CB, Auburn
Remove the knee injuries and you likely have a 1st Round pick here, or at least someone that goes higher than this. Dean has good size and ran a blazing 4.3 40 at the combine. But, alas, that history of injury. He's currently healthy, though, and could be a worthwhile gamble for the Pats.

64. Chiefs--Anthony Nelson, DE, Iowa
Nelson is 6'7, and offers unique potential with such length. Scouts think he needs to learn to leverage his length better as a pro, but that's where NFL coaching comes in. He should work as an edge player in new DC Steve Spagnuolo's 4-3 scheme.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:04 am    Post subject:

Guys who just missed my 2nd Round and who are likely to go in the 3rd include:

Ryan Finley (QB, N.C. State)
Miles Sanders (RB, Penn St.)
Damien Harris (RB, Alabama)
Darrell Henderson (RB, Memphis)
Riley Ridley (WR, Georgia)
Trysten Hill (DT, UCF)
JJ Arcega-Whiteside (WR, Stanford)
Jace Sternberger (TE, Texas A&M)
Chase Winovich (EDGE, Michigan)
Lonnie Johnson (CB, Kentucky)
Mack Wilson (LB, Alabama)
Darnell Savage (S, Maryland)
Tytus Howard (OT, Alabama St.)
Connor McGovern (OG, Penn St.)
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

SI reported that the A's increased their offer to $14 Million in guaranteed money to Kyler Murray, and he still chose football.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
SI reported that the A's increased their offer to $14 Million in guaranteed money to Kyler Murray, and he still chose football.

Well, I mean, he's about to be the #1 overall pick. The A's were fighting a losing battle.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Some might enjoy Aussie Commentators calling an NFL Game : Wear Your Headphones
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

2019 Wonderlic Scores Leaked....

Bob McGinn (formerly of the Wisconsin Journal-Sentinel) has done it again -- he's semi-retired now but is running a for-pay sports website with his son, and is still getting his hands on Wonderlic scores every year from some unnamed scout.

Quote:
Quarterback
43 Ryan Finley (re-test; scored 28 the first time)
42 Gardner Minshew
37 Daniel Jones
32 Easton Stick
32 Clayton Thorson
31 Trace McSorley
30 Will Grier
28 Brett Rypien
27 Jarrett Stidham
26 Drew Lock
25 Tyree Jackson
25 Dwayne Haskins
22 Sean McGuire
20 Kyler Murray

Quote:
Running Back
34 Alec Ingold (re-test; scored 32 the first time)
30 Justice Hill
25 Damien Harris
22 Bryce Love
21 Qadree Ollison
20 Josh Jacobs
18 Sam Seonbuchner​​​​​​
14 Chris James
12 Darrell Henderson

Quote:
Defensive Line
39 Chase Allen
36 Zach Allen
31 Khalen Saunders
31 Jerry Tillery
31 John Cominsky
23 Trysten Hill
23 Joey Bosa
20 Ed Oliver
20 Dre'Mont Jones
19 Christian Wilkins
18 Jaylon Ferguson
17 Dexter Lawrence
14 Jeffery Simmons
13 Olive Sagapolu
11 Quinnen Williams
11 Gerald Willis
9 Rashan Gary

Quote:
Linebacker
33 Ryan Connelly
31 Chase Winovich
30 Justin Hollins
27 Jordan Brailford
22 Brian Burns
21 Rickey Neal
21 Andy Van Ginkel
21 Clelin Ferrell
20 T.J. Edwards
19 Montez Sweat (re-test; scored 14 the first time)
18 James Nachtigal
17 Jachai Polite
15 Josh Allen

Quote:
Offensive Line
42 Nick Alligretti
39 Jonah Williams
38 Dru Samia
35 Garrett Bradbury
34 Chuma Edoga
31 Max Scharping
29 Chris Lindstrom
28 Beau Benzschawel
28 Nate Trewyn
27 Oli Udoh
26 Erik McCoy
26 Ross Pierschbacher
26 Sepesitiano Pupungatoa​​​​​​
25 Kaleb McGary
24 Michael Deiter
22 Bobby Evans
21 Nate Davis​​​​​​
20 Jawaan Taylor
20 Greg Little
19 Elgton Jenkins
19 Colin Conner
18 Micah Kapoi

Quote:
Safety
25 Mitchell Brees
13 D'Cota Dixon

Quote:
Specialist
31 Spenser Thompson-Meyers
26 Emmit Carpenter
24 Casey Bednarski

Quote:
Tight End
39 Zander Neuville
38 Dawson Knox
33 Drew Sample
25 Noah Fant
22 T.J. Hockenson
21 Irv Smith
16 Trevon Wesco
15 Kahale Warring

Quote:
Wide Receiver
29 JJ. .Arcega-Whiteside
27 Hakeem Butler
26 Miles Boykin
24 N'Keal Harry
21 Marquise Brown
18 A.J. Brown
17 D.K. Metcalf
11 Preston Williams
9 Riley Ridley

LINK

Kyler Murray coming the low spot for QB's....and Riley Ridley & Rashan Gary rocking the 9.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Now that it's Tuesday, we only have 2 more days until it's go time! Since I'm a crazy person, I have a mock draft with 3 rounds now, with trades projected. Let's go:

1. Cardinals--Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
Yes, it's still Murray, and I don't buy the reports of anything else.

2. 49ers--Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio St.
I think it's Bosa over Quinnen Williams, by a hair.

3. Jets--Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
I think they go with the guy they have rated as the better player, instead of going with a pass rusher that they don't deem to be quite as good, despite the greater team need being pass rush. Watch out for a trade down here, too.

4. Raiders--Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
I'm switching this up, as I have a hunch that the Raiders simply rate Oliver rated more highly than Josh Allen. I know that I do.

5. Bucs--Devin White, LB, LSU
I've had Oliver here, but with him now off the board, and with it being no secret that the Bucs love White, he becomes the choice.

6. Giants--Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky
I think Dave Gettleman just might reach for Daniel Jones here. But if Allen is still there, he could be the choice instead.

7. Jaguars--Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
I wouldn't be surprised if this choice were TJ Hockenson, but for now I'll keep Taylor here.

8. Giants--Daniel Jones, QB, Duke
TRADE! If Devin White were still there, I think the Lions would stand pat. But he isn't, and it appears that they would like to move down. The Giants, not wanting anyone else to nab Jones (I think he's the #1 QB on their board), have the ammo to come up. The Lions get #17 and #37 overall, which is a great deal for them. The Giants get their QB of the future.

9. Bills--TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa
Buffalo takes the consensus top TE in this class and adds to the available weaponry for young QB Josh Allen.

10. Broncos--Devin Bush, LB, Michigan
Bush fits the profile of a rangy, thumping, tackling machine of a LB prospect that works well with Vic Fangio's defensive scheme.

11. Falcons--Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
TRADE! The Falcons have had a big hole in the interior of their D-line dating back a couple of years, and they didn't do enough to address it in last year's draft or in free agency this offseason. Sure, the Falcons could wait and perhaps have someone like Rashan Gary available at #14, but Wilkins is a player that I consider a premium talent in this year's class. Combine that with that the fact that the Falcons are in win-now mode as Matt Ryan nears his mid-30's and as coach Dan Quinn is feeling some heat, and parting with a 2020 2nd round pick and this year's 4th round comp pick (#137 overall) could make sense. The Bengals still feel like they are in a good spot at 14, while picking up the extra draft capital.

12. Packers--Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
I'll note that the Packers could have the ammo to move up if they could find the right match, since they also own pick #30 overall. Perhaps moving up to #3 with the Jets could be a fit. In any case, if they stick at #12, Williams makes a lot of sense, as he might be the best offensive lineman in this draft. He probably doesn't have the arm length to play LT, but the Packers have a history of moving tackles inside to guard. That's where Williams could start out, but RT Bryan Bulaga is aging and keeps getting injured. Williams should be the eventual RT.

13. Panthers--Andre Dillard, OT, Washington St.
TRADE! While Miami could stay put and take Dwayne Haskins or another player, tanking teams would be smart to stockpile picks and gain as much talent as they can. I believe owner Stephen Ross is finally on board with such a strategy. In looking at the board, I love the fit of Dillard to the Panthers. With a chance that Cincy (now at 14) could take him, or with a chance that another team could trade into a spot before #16 to take him, Carolina feels compelled to cough up its 3rd rounder, #77 overall, to secure Dillard. Cam Newton is the franchise, and if they don't do a better job protecting him, his career is going to be shortened.

14. Bengals--Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi St.
The Bengals, after moving down 3 spots, still have Sweat available, and he's the type of player that their scouts tend to love because of his strong measureables. If his medicals (heart) check out OK, the fact that he's 6'6 and ran a 4.4 40 will be highly appealing to the Bengals, as will his college production.

15. Redskins--Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio St.
The latest intel seems to suggest that Washington is not one of the teams that's currently in on Josh Rosen, and I'm going to guess that Haskins is the highest-rated QB left on Washington's board. They roll the dice here.

16. Dolphins--Brian Burns, DE, Florida St.
After the trade down, the Dolphins could take a look at a big-time pass rushing prospect in Burns. A team captain at FSU, Burns has the character to match his off-the-charts athletic testing as a 91st-percentile athlete at his position.

17. Lions--Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
After the trade down, and needing pass rush/D-line help, I think the Lions could choose between Ferrell and Rashan Gary, who is more athletic. But Ferrell was more productive by a wide margin.

18. Vikings--Cody Ford, OT/OG, Oklahoma
Simply put, this is a fantastic scenario for the Vikes, who need O-line help. Ford is a road-grader who will move people in the run game.

19. Titans--Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan
Gary tested phenomenally well at the combine, as expected. He didn't have the production to match while at Michigan, only tallying 3.5 sacks last year and only 10 over 3 seasons there. Still, his athletic profile is going to get him taken somewhere in the first 20 picks, barring a slide.

20. Steelers--Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi St.
With Sean Davis in a contract year, and with Abram the draft's top-rated safety, Abram might be the BPA in this spot.

21. Patriots--Noah Fant, TE, Iowa
TRADE! The Pats could be eyeing Fant to replace Gronk, and Seattle's MO is to trade down. That is especially true this year, as the 'Hawks are without a 2nd Round selection. To move up 11 spots, the Pats will have to cough up #32, #64 overall (the last pick of the 2nd round), as well as a 2020 4th rounder.

22. Raiders--Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama
TRADE! The Ravens don't have a 2nd round pick, and currently have two 3rd rounders (one of which is a comp pick) and two 4th rounders (they own Denver's choice in that round). Picking up a high 4th from Oakland, plus a 2020 3rd rounder (from the Bears), would add to their pick haul, and the Raiders are enamored with Jacobs. They could be worried that the Texans will take him, or that the Texans will trade down with a team that wants to come up to take him.

23. Texans--Chris Lindstrom, OG, Boston College
The Texans need O-line help pretty much everywhere except for center, and if they don't address this problem, Deshaun Watson is going to keep getting hurt. Lindstrom is a fantastic guard and would be a clear-cut starter immediately.

24. Ravens--DK Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
This isn't the WR I would take, but there's no question that the Ravens need to find a potential go-to WR for Lamar Jackson, even if they are going to be a run-heavy team. Obviously, Metcalf is as big and as fast as you could want, but there are questions about his lack of college production, as well as questions about nuance. Can he do more than run deep? Risk/reward here, for sure.

25. Eagles--Garrett Bradbury, C, N.C. St.
LT Jason Peters is 37 and keeps getting hurt, and C Jason Kelce played through painful injuries a season ago and considered retiring. GM Howie Roseman is a forward thinker, so why not take the draft's top-rated center in this spot? Sure, he could take a tackle, or even a guard, but Bradbury is a better player than any remaining tackle or guard.

26. Broncos--Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
TRADE! Denver has been connected to Lock, and to move up 15 spots, they cough up not only #41 overall, but next year's 2nd Round pick as well. The Colts will thus have picks at #34 and #41, and that 2020 2nd rounder from the Broncos. This is the area where a team will be likely to trade back up into the 1st Round to take a QB like Lock, so if Denver wants him, they may feel like they can't mess around.

27. Seahawks--Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE, La. Tech
TRADE! The Seahawks are apparently trying to trade DE Frank Clark, their best pass rusher and currently unsigned franchise player. Of course, they just gave Russell Wilson a boatload of money, and they have players like Bobby Wagner coming up for new deals soon. The Raiders, as we know, are starving for pass rushers. The Raiders will have to give Clark a new deal, but since it seems like they are trying to become competitive again quickly, this is a match that could make sense, since the Seahawks are looking for a 1st Round pick for Clark. I don't see them being able to land an early or mid-round 1st, and with the Raiders still having pick #35 just 8 picks after this, I like this match. KC is another team, picking at #29, with a need for a pass rusher like Clark.

Now, as for the pick, Seattle goes for its top-rated pass rusher at this point in the draft, and that's Ferguson. He's not without a history of some off-the-field concerns, but this is John Schneider we're talking about.

28. Chargers--Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame
There are still some strong D-line talents available, and since that happens to be a clear need on what is an otherwise pretty loaded roster, I'm going slot Tillery here, ahead of Dexter Lawrence, with my tiebreaker being that the Chargers hosted Tillery on an official visit. Rotoworld's Josh Norris believes Tillery is a top-15 talent in the draft.

29. Chiefs--Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
It doesn't appear that Browns' Lisfranc injury will be an issue going forward, and this dude can flat-out fly. I think the situation with Tyreek Hill has become serious enough hat KC has to be worried that he won't play this year, or maybe ever. Take Hill's speed away from the offense and you have a major difference. Heck, even if Hill somehow escapes with only a 6-game ban, Brown will still add a needed depth piece.

30. Packers--Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson
The Packers addressed their need to find pass rushers in free agency by signing Za'Darius Smith and Preston Smith, and they helped the back-end of their D with the signing of Adrian Amos at safety. Now, they look to bolster their D-line by taking the possible BPA in Lawrence. (Jeffery Simmons is a better talent but the win-now Packers may prefer the immediate depth that Lawrence can provide, as Simmons is rehabbing his ACL injury.)

31. Jaguars--Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama
TRADE! The Rams are looking to move down, as they don't have a 2nd rounder and would like to pick up more selections. The Jaguars could be coveting Smith, and might be worried that Seattle could be in play for him at 32, along with the possibility that another team could move up for him at the start of Day 2. With the draft capital to get this done, the Jags give L.A. overall pick #98, which actually belonged to the Rams originally, as well as a 2020 4th rounder. The Rams will now pick at #38, #94, #98, and #99.

32. Seahawks--Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio St.
Seattle went into this draft with just one pick scheduled (at #21) in the first 83 choices. After trading with New England and Oakland, they now have three picks within the first 64 choices. With the second of their 1st rounders, Seattle could look to add to Russell Wilson's weaponry, especially with Doug Baldwin so banged up and since speed threat Tyler Lockett is more of a one-trick pony. (Though that trick is a fairly good one!) Campbell has drawn Percy Harvin comparisons, and Seattle fans will hope that the Buckeye has more durability and can be just as good when healthy.
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:10 am    Post subject:

If you think Murray has a chance to be Russell Wilson you gotta take him Arizona right? He’s slightly smaller than Wilson and a little less athletic than a Vick, but put up numbers like Mayfield in college. I think there is also something to the fact he was a great baseball player that will translate. Kid has a chance to be a stud. Rosen will be an Andy Dalton type.

Wilson would be no worse than #2 in 2012 redraft behind Luck. And that’s highly debatable.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:28 am    Post subject:

^
Round 2

33. Cardinals--Jeffery Simmons, DE/DT, Mississippi St.
Steve Keim likes his plus athletes, and Simmons would be a top-10 pick for sure if he were healthy. With Arizona in obvious rebuild mode, they can afford to wait on Simmons' massive potential, as he rehabs his ACL injury.

34. Colts--Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio St.
The Colts get a player at #34 that they could've very well taken at 26, had they stayed put. Jones is a major disuptor in the trenches, and a nice get for Indy.

35. Raiders--DeAndre Baker, CB, Georgia
Baker has questionable practice habits, but on the field all he did was excel, and the Jim Thorpe Award-winner has the speed that could appeal to the Raiders. The latest chatter indicates that he could sneak into the 1st Round, and this would give the Raiders a haul of Ed Oliver, Josh Jacobs, Frank Clark (acquired for the #27 overall pick), and Baker with their first 4 picks.

36. 49ers--Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa St.
Butler is seen as a riser and may even sneak into the 1st Round. The 49ers have Dante Pettis, Marquise Goodwin, Kendrick Bourne, and Trent Taylor at WR, so it's not like they can't stand to improve this group for Jimmy G. Furthermore, while George Kittle is a big target at tight end, none of the WR's have plus size. Butler would change that in a hurry, and could give coach Kyle Shanahan a discount version of another big-bodied, physical WR that he had in Atlanta: Julio Jones.

37. Lions--AJ Brown, WR, Ole Miss
Detroit has this pick as a result of its trade with the Giants in Round 1. Brown has experience as both an outside WR and in the slot, and Detroit is in serious need of pass-catching depth after losing Golden Tate. Brown, at 230 lbs, can be a physical, over-the-middle option for Matthew Stafford, and he offers the versatility of moving outside as well.

38. Rams--Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
After moving down, the Rams still have the opportunity to pick Williams. He could be the best CB prospect in this class, but may slip to this spot due to certain teams lowering him because he isn't exactly the most willing tackler in the world. Still, I think his ballhawking ways could appeal to Wade Phillips.

39. Bucs--Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida
No change here: the Bucs need a safety, should have taken Derwin James last year, and now have a chance to pick up another athletic safety prospect.

40. Bills--Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas St.
Risner struggled with speed rushers off the edge in college, but a move to guard in the NFL is in his future. As the Bills have a big hole at guard, this is a good fit, and perhaps Risner could offer the versatility to play RT in the future.

41. Colts--Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
The Colts get to make this pick as a result of their trade with Denver, and this will be their second pick of three in this round for them. I think they could look towards CB with the third of these picks, and with Indy's key pass-catcher group all in a contract year except for TY Hilton, I think Samuel makes sense. He's a guy who can do damage with the ball in space, and Reich's offense is predicated on high-percentage throws that aim to do just that. Samuel also adds juice in the return game.

42. Bengals--Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss
Little or Kaleb McGary make sense here, as an upgrade on RT Bobby Hart is a must. And while McGary was a stalwart RT in college, Little is a more athletic tackle prospect who arguably has more upside, and the fact that he could be a future LT option sways me towards Little in trying to predict this choice.

43. Lions--Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
The Lions have had problems at CB behind Darius Slay for Slay's entire career thus far. The team signed Justin Coleman in free agency, but he's not an outside CB. Teez Tabor has been a bust so far. Perhaps the Lions will try to remedy this problem and take Murphy, who probably has a decent shot to go in the 1st Round.

44. Packers--Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame
Yes, the Pack have invested a lot of draft picks at CB in the recent past. No matter, as the instinctive and productive Julian Love will add even more depth to that group.

45. Falcons--Connor McGovern, OG/C, Penn St.
With legendary draft guru Gil Brandt having McGovern as his 31st overall prospect, well, I need to make an adjustment and move this dude into the 2nd Round. McGovern's future is likely at guard, but he can also play center. The Falcons have needs on the interior of their O-line, so this makes sense. C Alex Mack is also 33 years old.

46. Redskins--N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona St.
After taking Haskins, the Redskins have to turn to addressing serious holes on their roster. An edge rusher to help Ryan Kerrigan is needed, and viable pass-catchers are needed. I don't see how Jay Gruden's offense can work with a 3-wide set of Josh Doctson/Paul Richardson/Tyler Quinn, so I'll give them the big-bodied N'Keal Harry, who has drawn Allen Robinson comparisons.

47. Panthers--LJ Collier, DE, TCU
Collier was only a starter at TCU for one season, but he flashed enough to be a likely 2nd Round pick. A strong Senior Bowl week helped, and Collier offers size, strength, and toughness. Pass rush is a major need for the Panthers, so this is a good spot for Collier.

48. Cardinals--Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama St.
TRADE! The Dolphins are apparently the team most connected with trading for Josh Rosen, so here's where a deal happens. Miami parts with this pick and a 2020 4th rounder to get their potential QB of the future. As for the pick for Arizona, you won't find a more athletic LT prospect than Howard, a former high school basketball star. The Cards can groom Howard and don't have to rush him, although it wouldn't surprise me to see him beat out DJ Humphries in short order. Howard's athleticism seems to have brought his stock into the 2nd Round.

49. Browns--Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn St.
Oh look, the Browns get to finally make a pick! Not that they are complaining, not after their absolute heist of Odell Beckham Jr. A weak spot on the defense appears to be at CB opposite Denzel Ward, so taking another CB makes sense for John Dorsey. With top CB Ward standing just 5'10, perhaps a taller corner that would be suited for new DC Steve Wilks' zone-heavy scheme would make more sense.

50. Vikings--D'Andre Walker, OLB, Georgia
Yes, the Vikes were able to retain Anthony Barr in free agency. But with Everson Griffen's troubles last season, it would make sense to add depth to their pass rushing corps. Walker could be the best player on the board in that respect.

51. Titans--Kelvin Harmon, WR, N.C. St.
The Titans have very little to throw to at WR behind Corey Davis. With Hakeem Butler long gone in this mock, the Titans could turn to Harmon, who is a a bigger WR that may not have great speed, but doesn't lack in confidence and swagger.

52. Steelers--Zach Allen, DE, Boston College
The Steelers have depth issues in their front seven, so Allen could help to rectify that.

53. Eagles--Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple
CB remains a problem spot for the Eagles, even before weekly burn victim Jalen Mills was arrested recently. This pick could help, the Eagles' first of two in this round.

54. Texans--Darnell Savage, S, Maryland
Though the Texans have a reputation for having a stout defense, their depth has been eroding, especially at the back end. I've had Juan Thornhill slotted here for a while, but I'm switching it up to Darnell Savage, in light of reports that teams see him as a riser. Plus, he's even faster than Thornhill is.

55. Texans--Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington
Once again, Houston's O-line is a sieve. It shouldn't shock anybody if they take offensive linemen with 2 of their first 3 selections. Having already taken a guard in Lindstrom, here they get a guy who can start at RT right away in McGary

56. Patriots--Taylor Rapp, S, Washington
Back-to-back Huskies come off the board. You know the Patriots like smart and tough players, and Rapp probably has the highest football IQ of any safety prospect in this class. Both McCourty brothers seem year-to-year at this point, so depth at S and CB is needed.

57. Eagles--Michael Deiter, OG, Wisconsin
The Eagles picked up a long-term solution at center in the 1st Round, but a guard is necessary too. The experienced Deiter has the ability to play multiple positions, but could figure into the starting mix at guard immediately.

58. Cowboys--Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware
This is Dallas' first pick of the draft, as they traded their 1st rounder in the Amari Cooper deal. Adderley has football in his blood, as he's related to Hall of Famer Herb Adderley, who played for the Packers and...wait for it...the Cowboys in the 1960's. (They are cousins.) He's a plus athlete who could help Dallas in the secondary, and make no mistake: Dallas' need for safety help is pressing.

59. Colts--Justin Layne, CB, Michigan St.
Indy can still use some help at corner, and Layne has good size (and length) at 6'2 192. As the Colts run a lot of zone, Layne could be a strong fit, and the fact that he has average long speed could be mitigated a bit by the scheme.

60. Chargers--Will Grier, QB, West Virginia
Grier has an aggressive, gunslinging mentality that isn't that far off from that of Philip Rivers. The Chargers will hope that he can be their QB of the future. I like this fit, but the Chargers may have to trade up a bit to ensure getting him.

61. Chiefs--Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia
Tyrann Mathieu was signed, but Eric Berry is no longer a Chief. The current starter alongside Mathieu is Daniel Sorenson, and that is not a good idea. Thornhill has the type of size/speed combo (ran a 4.42 40 at the combine) that should appeal to KC.

62. Saints--Anthony Nelson, DE, Iowa
Nelson is 6'7, and offers unique potential with such length. Scouts think he needs to learn to leverage his length better as a pro, but that's where NFL coaching comes in. Depth is a concern along the D-line for the Saints, who have Sheldon Rankins coming back from an Achilles injury, David Onyemata entering a contract year, and with Alex Okafor and Tyeler Davison departing in free agency.

63. Chiefs--Max Scharping, OG/OT, Northern Illinois
LG was the biggest hole on the KC O-line last season, and Scharping offers the versatility to play either guard or tackle. He should have a real shot to unseat Cameron Erving at LG.

64. Seahawks--Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
Making this pick after their trade with New England in the 1st Round, here's a perfect fit for the type of CB that Seattle looks for. Williams is a physical, press-man guy who won't wow anyone with his speed. Richard Sherman didn't wow with his speed, either.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:00 am    Post subject:

^
Round 3

65. Cardinals--Jamel Dean, CB, Auburn
By now, we know what Keim likes. You want speed? OK, he ran a 4.3 40 at the combine. Size? He has that too, at 6'1 206. Game tape? Yeah, he looks good on film, too. So why has he lasted until the top of Round 3? Well, there's no getting around the fact that he's had multiple knee surgeries already. You just can't ignore that history. Still, the Cards have had a gaping hole at corner opposite Patrick Peterson for years.

66. Steelers--Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama
The Steelers haven't been the same on D since Ryan Shazier's devastating injury. And while Wilson may not be as rangy as Shazier was, he's a tackling machine, not unlike another Alabama product who learned under Nick Saban in CJ Mosley.

67. 49ers--Lonnie Johnson Jr., CB, Kentucky
Though Richard Sherman showed that he had something left in the tank last season, he is on the downside of his career, and the talent level behind him is thin on this roster. Johnson, along with Josh Allen, was one of the big reasons that Kentucky fielded a strong defense last season.

68. Jets--Chuma Edoga, OT, USC
Better protection for Sam Darnold needs to be a major priority. Without a 2nd Round pick, and if the Jets don't trade down from the #3 overall pick, it would make sense to spend at least one 3rd Round selection on the O-line. Edoga had a great Senior Bowl week, where he was playing at LT.

69. Jaguars--David Montgomery, RB, Iowa St.
Leonard Fournette's rope is getting shorter in J'ville. Not only has he missed 11 games over 2 seasons, but he's also had run-ins with the law and with team management. There is scant depth behind him, and for a team that wants to run more than most, a pick will need to be spent on a RB in this draft. Montgomery offers a 3-down skillset, so he should take over for the departed TJ Yeldon as the passing down back, while being able to handle a full workload as the feature guy if/when Fournette goes down.

70. Bucs--Miles Sanders, RB, Penn St.
Ronald Jones was a complete bust last season as a 2nd Round pick, and Peyton Barber is just a guy. Bruce Arians has traditionally worked his lead back pretty good, and he doesn't have one on the roster right now. Enter Sanders, who may not wow with long speed, but offers feature back potential as a well-rounded player.

71. Broncos--Erik McCoy, C/OG, Texas A&M
McCoy has slipped a bit in this mock, and certainly could go in the 2nd Round. Denver has problems all along the interior of its O-line, and McCoy, who is possibly the 2nd-best pure center in this year's class, also offers guard versatility.

72. Bengals--Ryan Finley, QB, N.C. St.
As mediocre as Andy Dalton might be, the Bengals had no chance with Jeff Driskel as the backup. Finley's own NFL future might be nothing more than a backup, but makes sense for the Bengals as a developmental guy behind the 32-year-old Dalton. Finley, who scored the highest of any QB on this year's Wonderlic test, could turn into a Chad Pennington-type in a best-case scenario.

73. Patriots--Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson
With both McCourty brothers possible year-to-year propositions, CB depth is needed as well as safety depth. With safety addressed earlier, here the Pats grab a solid athlete who had a sensational CFP title game against Alabama.

74. Bills--Trysten Hill, DT, UCF
Hill flashed in limited playing time over the course of his college career, actually clashing with last year's coaching staff after Scott Frost left for Nebraska. (He didn't even play in their bowl game.) He's an 81st percentile athlete who has a high motor with max effort.

75. Packers--Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M
Jimmy Graham doesn't look like he has much left at the age of 32, with injuries having taken their toll. Sternberger is the heir apparent.

76. Redskins--Christian Miller, EDGE, Alabama
Miller may have "only" been a depth piece for the Crimson Tide, but don't let that fool you; he has a lot of talent. A strong pre-draft showing should land him in the 3rd Round, and the Redskins need to find more pass rushing juice behind Ryan Kerrigan. Besides, we've seen an Alabama-to-the-Redskins D-line pipeline recently.

77. Dolphins--Renell Wren, DT/DE, Arizona St.
Wren, who has tested fantastically well athletically, is a late riser in the process, despite only being a 1-year starter at ASU. Moldable, athletic clay for Brian Flores to work with.

78. Dolphins--Nate Davis, OT, Charlotte
Miami makes this pick as a result of the 1st Round trade with Carolina. Davis finished up his college career as a RT, but should find a home as a guard in the pros. Miami, not unlike a lot of bad teams, has to beef up its offensive line.

79. Falcons--Sean Bunting, CB, Central Michigan
Bunting is a physical, press-man corner that would fit well in Dan Quinn's system. And unlike some CB's that play this way, Bunting has solid speed, putting up a 4.42 40 at the combine.

80. Browns--Amani Hooker, S, Iowa
Hooker, the Big 10 DB Of The Year, is a hybrid safety prospect who plays with thump and good instincts. With FS Damarious Randall in a contract year, Hooker offers depth long-term and can possibly factor into nickel packages as a rookie.

81. Vikings--Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama
Thompson is a physical, athletic safety prospect who isn't afraid to get downhill and make a play. Safety depth is an issue for Minnesota.

82. Titans--David Long, CB, Michigan
Adoree Jackson took a step back last season, and Malcolm Butler flopped in his first season in Nashville. CB depth is needed.

83. Steelers--Yodny Cajuste, OT, West Virginia
The Steelers have a hole at RT after they traded Marcus Gilbert this offseason, and here's a player that can fill that void. Cajuste is athletic, powerful, and has ideal arm length for a tackle prospect.

84. Seahawks--Marquise Blair, S, Utah
Blair is a rather lean safety, but he plays hyper-aggressively. Maybe too much, as he was ejected for targeting 3 times over the last 2 years at Utah. Nonetheless, the kid is never going to take a play off, and coaches--in this case, Pete Carroll--will love him.

85. Ravens--Chase Winovich, EDGE, Michigan
Adding more of an edge rush presence is going to be essential in this draft, as both Za'Darius Smith and Terrell Suggs have departed. Winovich has a seemingly endless motor and will compete on every single snap.

86. Texans--Kris Boyd, CB, Texas
Boyd has football in his blood, as several relatives have histories of both NFL and college football. Highly competitive, Boyd recorded 16 pass breakups last season as a 1st Team All-Big 12 selection.

87. Bears--Jachai Polite, DE, Florida
The Bears are finally making a pick! How about a risk/reward player like Polite? His game tape suggests a likely NFL starter and possible 2nd round pick. His combine interviews and some off-the-field stuff suggest a possible washout as a player. With an already strong defense--though the Bears quietly were in the bottom half of the league in QB hit rate--perhaps this is an appropriate gamble.

88. Lions--Kahale Warring, TE, San Diego St.
Warring is a fascinating study. He starred in just about every sport possible in high school, and wasn't a full-time starter as a collegian in football. But he has wowed on tape, and could be one of those superb athletes with backgrounds in other sports who makes the transition to NFL TE.

89. Darrell Henderson, RB, Memphis
Marlon Mack seems entrenched as the early-down guy, but not only has he had durability issues, but, with all due respect to backups like Jordan Wilkins, the talent level of this position group behind Mack can be improved upon. Henderson is an explosive player who would give coach Frank Reich another toy to work with.

90. Cowboys--Andy Isabella, WR, Massachusetts
How about a turbo-charged replacement for Cole Beasley in the Dallas pass attack? Isabella isn't big, like Beasley, but he is faster, quicker, and more deadly with the ball in space. I have to believe that Dallas would love it if he were on the board, and I could see some teams considering him in the 2nd Round.

91. Chargers--Vosean Joseph, LB, Florida
Denzel Perryman has had trouble staying on the field, and, obviously, Thomas Davis is not a long-term solution. Joseph has hot-and-cold game tape, but has the requisite athleticism.

92. Chiefs--JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR, Stanford
It wouldn't surprise me at all if KC chose WR's with 2 of its first 4 picks, given the gravity of the Tyreek Hill situation. The team already took Marquise Brown, giving them a hyper-speed element. Here, they get a guy to give them another red zone option on the outside. Arcega-Whiteside is also fantastic at outjumping DB's on balls downfield, displaying great vision, ball skills, and deft hands.

93. Jets--Elgton Jenkins, C, Mississippi St.
Jenkins could go much higher than this, and is possibly the 3rd-best pure center in this draft. As the Jets have a big hole at center, this fits quite nicely, and this would be two 3rd Round picks that address the O-line, a smart thing if you ask me.

94. Rams--Jahlani Tavai, LB, Hawaii
The Rams lost Mark Barron in free agency, and don't have much depth at inside 'backer besides Clay Matthews (who may not have much left) and Cory Littleton. Tavai has good feel for the game and can be a plus in pass coverage, namely against tight ends.

95. Giants--Emanuel Hall, WR, Missouri
Hall is a downfield burner. He never caught 40 balls in any college season, but he averaged more than 22 yards per catch in his final two years. And at 6'2 and 200 lbs, he offers a bigger target (than WR's Sterling Shepard and Golden Tate) for Eli Manning and, hopefully soon, Daniel Jones to throw to.

96. Redskins--Oshane Ximines, DE, Old Dominion
The Redskins have the first of 7 compensatory picks to close out the 3rd Round, and here's another attempt at adding to their pass rush. Ximines was highly productive in Conference USA, notching 12 sacks, 18.5 TFL's, and 4 forced fumbles last year, and he performed well at the combine.

97. Patriots--Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor
More WR depth for the Pats. Some may remember Hurd's days as a RB with Tennessee, and he was still used out of the backfield a bit with Baylor. Hurd has fantastic size (6'5 226), and would give the Pats a versatile, bigger WR option. Perhaps he could play a role on offense similar to what Cordarrelle Patterson gave them last season. It's also worth noting that Hurd has had an official visit with the Patriots.

98. Rams--Khalen Saunders, DT, Western Illinois
The Rams get this pick--again--from their Day 1 deal with Jacksonville. Saunders, from a small school, didn't face the strongest competition, but his draft stock was helped by the fact that he acquitted himself well during Senior Bowl week. Ndamukong Suh won't be back, and the Rams can stand to replenish their D-line depth.

99. Rams--Michael Jordan, OG/C, Ohio St.
A big man at 6'6, Jordan has college experience at both center and guard. The Rams finally address their offensive line with this choice.

100. Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston
With CB depth an issue behind James Bradberry, here the Panthers take a shot on some highly-athletic clay in Johnson, who goes 6'2, 208, along with 4.4 speed. He's only been a DB since 2017, though, and is a converted former WR. Still, he's flashed on tape, and could sneak into Day 2 with those type of measureables.

101. Patriots--Ben Banogu, DE, TCU
The Pats haven't done anything to address their pass rush yet, so Banogu would help in that area.

102. Ravens--Germaine Pratt, LB, N.C. St.
I suppose you couldn't close out the comp picks without the Ravens getting a stab at it. Inside 'backer depth has become a need in the wake of CJ Mosley's departure, and Pratt, a converted former safety, offers good athleticism for the position. He'll need to be coached up due to a relative lack of experience and needing to clean up his technique, though. Still, a solid choice after pick #100.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:50 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
5. Bucs--Devin White, LB, LSU
I've had Oliver here, but with him now off the board, and with it being no secret that the Bucs love White, he becomes the choice.

if they remain @ #5, I think that is the pick
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject:

Welp, the Seahawks traded Clark to the Chiefs, not the Raiders. At least I noted that KC could be the team instead!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject:

The Draft is about to start, no one cares, and Tyreek Hill is on an audio recording (just a day after the DA declined to file charges) saying remarkably incriminating things. He's done.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The Draft is about to start, no one cares, and Tyreek Hill is on an audio recording (just a day after the DA declined to file charges) saying remarkably incriminating things. He's done.

he should never play another down in the nfl again.

kc needs to cut him and goodell needs to ban him for life.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I don't think he'll play in the NFL again. And probably gets charged now and goes to jail. I wonder if the DA did that yesterday as a ruse to lull him into a false sense of security. Awfully interesting timing that this comes out the very next day. Then again, I don't know when the recording occurred.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I don't think he'll play in the NFL again. And probably gets charged now and goes to jail. I wonder if the DA did that yesterday as a ruse to lull him into a false sense of security. Awfully interesting timing that this comes out the very next day. Then again, I don't know when the recording occurred.

I agree with Mike Florio of Profootballtalk.com....the NFL should bring Hill in and let him know he will not step on the field until he works with law enforcement to determine exactly what happened and who is responsible. If him and his wife want to play this game, he will not play or get paid.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Disgusting to hear his words. Punching a 3-year old in the chest as punishment? My father wasn't one to spare the rod but even he didn't do crap like that.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Cards on the clock....going out on a limb and projecting Kyler Murray
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Tonight is anti climactic, Saints don’t draft until the second round and the Bears don’t until the 3rd round.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Disgusting to hear his words. Punching a 3-year old in the chest as punishment? My father wasn't one to spare the rod but even he didn't do crap like that.

The NFL basically banished Adrian Peterson for a year for hitting his son with a switch. Here you have Tyreek Hill admitting on tape that he hits his son, that his fiancé should be terrified of him, and his son has a broken arm. He's going on the restricted list all year long at a bare minimum.

I'm guessing he never plays again and goes to jail for this.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Never a doubt, once Arizona hired Kingsbury.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Bosa goes #2
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Bosa goes to SF. No surprise, again. Here's where the draft gets interesting. Jets could take Williams or Oliver, go with pass rusher Allen, or trade down for sure.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16
Jump to: