OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1642, 1643, 1644 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

3. Melo is an awful athlete. At 6'6" he can barely dunk.

[truncated]

Didn't see one impressive dunk in any of those highlights. What I saw was a 6'7" player that had to be in full extension to make it over the rim or required a running start without having to change direction to really dunk the ball. Even his warm-up dunks don't scream great athlete. From an athletic standpoint he is below average, which will be an issue in the NBA.

"Can barely dunk" => "Didn't see one impressive dunk"
I'm not even involved in this conversation and literally could not care less about LaMelo Ball, but you gotta be at least a bit more surreptitious with your goalpost moving.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Hmm.
Lonzo glad Magic stepped down?
I didn't watch the episode of the Shop yet. Will need to verify.

Just watched it.
From what Lonzo was saying, seems like Kuz and Lonzo were relieved that Magic stepped down. Maybe the rumors that Magic was the crazy one trying to trade everyone for AD are true.

Cue: I ain't... going... nowhere...
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Hmm.

Just watched it.
From what Lonzo was saying, seems like Kuz and Lonzo were relieved that Magic stepped down. Maybe the rumors that Magic was the crazy one trying to trade everyone for AD are true.

Agree
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Hmm.

Just watched it.

Watched it. He was definitely happy Magic was gone and felt relieved that they weren’t on the trade block anymore (seems the kids may put that on Magic more than LBJ/Klutch).
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Hmm.

Just watched it.

I don’t think that’s what he meant by the Kuz statement. Think he was just saying they didn’t care. It wasn’t a celebratory “let’s go out tonight” , it was a “whatever, what are we doin later anyway”
Maybe he was happy, actually - but that wasn’t how his statement was intended
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I can't be sure Lonzo was celebrating, but he certainly wasn't sad to see him go as if it was any kind of loss, which is sad since there was hope that Magic would have been a mentor.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Yeah, I can't be sure Lonzo was celebrating, but he certainly wasn't sad to see him go as if it was any kind of loss, which is sad since there was hope that Magic would have been a mentor.

Not surprising, given Magic was never there, doubt there was a lot of mentoring going on.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

Not surprising, given Magic was never there, doubt there was a lot of mentoring going on.

I can't think of anyone in the Lakers organization that was sad to see Magic leave.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Hmm.

Just watched it.

I don’t think that’s what he meant by the Kuz statement. Think he was just saying they didn’t care. It wasn’t a celebratory “let’s go out tonight” , it was a “whatever, what are we doin later anyway”

I'm surprised something that seemed extremely clear and straightforward to me has so many interpretations. For me it was obvious Zo wanted to go out that night and celebrate that the guy who was trying to trade him was gone.
THE GOODS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Hmm.

Just watched it.

I'm surprised something that seemed extremely clear and straightforward to me has so many interpretations. For me it was obvious Zo wanted to go out that night and celebrate that the guy who was trying to trade him was gone.

I can see how someone could take it as Zo being glad that Magic had stepped down just because of the trade rumors, but I agree with KIROE. Zo doesn't come off as elated that he resigned, he seemed indifferent about the situation. Like KIROE says it was like, "Well alright that just happened, so what's good for tonight Kuz?".

You can tell it bothered Bron a little bit because he mentions the fact that it really wasn't the time or place to do it, but I think everybody felt the same way about how he chose to do it. He should have discussed it behind closed doors with Jeannie, rather than make a public spectacle out of the situation.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

THE GOODS wrote:
ocho wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Hmm.

Just watched it.

I can see how someone could take it as Zo being glad that Magic had stepped down just because of the trade rumors, but I agree with KIROE. Zo doesn't come off as elated that he resigned, he seemed indifferent about the situation. Like KIROE says it was like, "Well alright that just happened, so what's good for tonight Kuz?".

You can tell it bothered Bron a little bit because he mentions the fact that it really wasn't the time or place to do it, but I think everybody felt the same way about how he chose to do it. He should have discussed it behind closed doors with Jeannie, rather than make a public spectacle out of the situation.

I think you have to reach pretty hard to not view it as a celebration. You would have to ignore his visible glee and explicitly stated desire to go out that night with another teammate Magic wanted to trade. If you leave your job and the people under you respond in that way, you can bet they're glad you're gone. You'd also have to ignore the context: Lonzo was drafted by a guy who called him the face of the franchise and proudly boasted in public how he'd break all his records and a year later tried to dump him and all his friends on the team.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
THE GOODS wrote:
ocho wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Hmm.

Just watched it.

I think you have to reach pretty hard to not view it as a celebration. You would have to ignore his visible glee and explicitly stated desire to go out that night with another teammate Magic wanted to trade. If you leave your job and the people under you respond in that way, you can bet they're glad you're gone. You'd also have to ignore the context: Lonzo was drafted by a guy who called him the face of the franchise and proudly boasted in public how he'd break all his records and a year later tried to dump him and all his friends on the team.

Looking at it again I can see why people see it that way. It's just a specific type of joke and I don't think he nailed it the right way, so it looks iffy.
It's a common 'anyways' type joke.. but he does look overly happy at the same time
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject:

Well one thing for sure was evident, Lonzo didn’t seem to care much about Magic stepping down at all.
THE GOODS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
THE GOODS wrote:
ocho wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Hmm.

Just watched it.

I just took it as it came as a surprise that Magic stepped down to him and us knowing publicly that he and Kuz are really close, it's kind of just how their interactions between each other are all of the time; jokes. Speaking of context, he only seemed visibly gleeful because he was playing to the rest of the guys laughing at his reaction. Even Lebron laughs at his reaction. With all the rumors floating around that it was Magic and Lebron wanting the young guys to get traded, I really don't think that's the reaction you'd get out of Lebron, if it was a dig at Magic stepping down. But as you said, it could be interpreted differently; so I'm not saying how you viewed it was wrong. I can totally see that angle. It just wasn't how I interpreted it. Zo kind of stays even keel most of the time, but I just saw his interactions in the show as this is my childhood idol asking me to be in "The Shop" with all these famous actors, athletes and artists, I've got to be able to fit in and converse with these individuals.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
THE GOODS wrote:
ocho wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Hmm.

Just watched it.

When just hearing the audio, I initially thought it sounded like Lonzo didn't even care, but watching the body language tells another story. He is bouncing around like a kid about to get on Space Mountain.

https://streamable.com/0mm61
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject:

I wonder why LeBron wanted Lonzo on the show.
I hope LeBron took a liking to Zo, to keep him a Laker a long time.
That silly exchange they had on the bench at the end of the year was... cute lol
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Athletes that go on the show generally have had some sort of controversy surrounding them that they discuss on the show such as Anthony Davis' trade request, Antonio Brown etc.

Lonzo has the whole Alan Foster, BBB fiasco that happened recently and it's also a chance for him to clear up the supposedly fallout with his father. It provided Lonzo with an opportunity to tell his own story, and it also makes for great television. I do agree that Lebron took a liking to Lonzo but I doubt it's got anything to do with him playing favorites.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject:

That's why I hope it.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ocho wrote:
THE GOODS wrote:
ocho wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Hmm.

Just watched it.

When just hearing the audio, I initially thought it sounded like Lonzo didn't even care, but watching the body language tells another story. He is bouncing around like a kid about to get on Space Mountain.

https://streamable.com/0mm61

Yeah when i first watched I thought he just didn't care but a second viewing has me convinced he wanted to celebrate Magic leaving lol

It was the way he was bobbing his head, smile on his face and gleeful tone in his voice that changed my mind.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:03 am    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure that if you cut your father off, you're not going to have a problem cutting ties with your boss.

Lonzo made a joke about the situation but he's a serious type of dude. I think he processed the loss of his relationship with Magic back in February.

People forget that everyone has been saying "it's a business" to the young guys for the past 3-4 months. The only player who KNEW he wasn't going anywhere is LeBron.

If you look at it that way, the ONLY player who needed to be informed of Magic's leaving is LEBRON...so LeBron is the only one who should have been blown away.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:50 am    Post subject:

Can you really blame lonzo for his reaction?

Magic essentially told him and his teamates it's a business and they're professionals yet weeks later does one of the most un-business and unprofessional things imaginable.

I'd be jumping for joy if I were him. Not only does magic leave, but he does so by getting his just desserts. Poetic justice as they say
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Just watched it.

Like they still aren't going to try to trade him for AD this summer.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
Athletes that go on the show generally have had some sort of controversy surrounding them that they discuss on the show such as Anthony Davis' trade request, Antonio Brown etc.

Lonzo has the whole Alan Foster, BBB fiasco that happened recently and it's also a chance for him to clear up the supposedly fallout with his father. It provided Lonzo with an opportunity to tell his own story, and it also makes for great television. I do agree that Lebron took a liking to Lonzo but I doubt it's got anything to do with him playing favorites.

I love your sig lineup. That's my dream too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
epak wrote:

Just watched it.

Pels owner remains the same. They are unlikely to trade AD to the Lakers. Plus, BI being out with a blood clot changes the dynamics of our trade assets.
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
epak wrote:

Just watched it.

Pels owner remains the same. They are unlikely to trade AD to the Lakers. Plus, BI being out with a blood clot changes the dynamics of our trade assets.

Tatum isn't looking so hot now and the Celitcs picks aren't all that great. We might still have the best package.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1642, 1643, 1644 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1643 of 1688
Jump to: