The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1124, 1125, 1126 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bfc1125roy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lebron was never in shape this past season, he admitted he was up to 280. Fine if you are a defensive end, not so much for a small forward. At 34-35, that isn’t something that I would want to sign up for if I was an upcoming 27-28 yo star player. It could be like signing up with a 33 yo Shaq. Lebron needs to lay off the booze and lose about 30 pounds. That might be tough to do while filming a movie this summer.

lmao Bron joked at the 280lb report..... and his trainer also refuted it..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtMjmAnA2W7/ this was Lebron right before he came back.. look at the 3rd and 4th pics. he's definitely fat and sooo out of shape.

Yeah he was obviously a bit out of shape when he got back (as is literally anyone ever returning from a major injury), but the 280 thing was a joke. Why would you cite that to prove a point? That's just dishonest use of evidence, unless it was an oversight.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I find it difficult to even care anymore. I have no illusions of the viability of any rebuild or development plan. Lakers have backed themselves into a corner that stinks of desperation. Win now and the future be damned!

I saw a tremendously gifted player but horrible leader. They have to do whatever it takes to light a fire under James’ ass and hope like hell he can deliver a contender this year.

Highly unlikely they trade him. Even if the assets of players from trade and FA and picks potentially helps support a “reboot” towards development, stability and culture. The PR damage would be difficult to swallow.

Lakers need to do whatever it takes to win this season or this whole escapade is a embarrassment. Reportedly they are hiring compatible coaches. Now they need to focus on surrounding James with the proven pros to hide his flaws. The shooters and bulldog defenders.

Tired of hearing how awesome James “can” be if motivated. Show me! I’ll be watching and waiting. Hope I finally see that Top 3 James.

Are you not disappointed/concerned with our two top young guys missing so many games? LBJ had a major groin injury and missed 18 games. This is why I'm confident that he'll be fine even as he ages. I'm concerned about Lonzo/BI's durability in a playoff run. They can't play 65 games right now a season let alone 100+ you'll need to get deep in the playoffs. (and Hart was banged up all season too).

Of course I’m concerned the young players can not stay healthy. Yet I have more confidence in them developing physically over the next couple years and their extended careers as they learn how a professional takes care of their body.

I do not have the same confidence with aging players that have the career mpg accumulation or multiple injuries that James or potential free agent hopefuls like Irving, Cousins have racked up.

Let’s face it, even everyone’s most coveted free agent Leonard still has a question mark. He missed a lot of games this year. Does that get any better with a 4/5 year max extension? Pretty sure most of the reports from last year had terms like degenerative and need to be managed.

Deep rosters can absorb these medical issues. Hopefully?

Due to the desperation to win this season I doubt you will have to worry about the young players for much longer. Expecting most to be moved for the proven vets needed to contend this year. A disappointing reality I am slowly coming to terms with. Very slowly:).

You have said the team should rely on the young guys. But 2 seasons straight, Lonzo has missed 30+ games; BI 23+ games, yet a pass. LBJ suffers a major groin injury and returns in 18 games instead of taking more time off.

What's more likely? LBJ coming back rejuvenated or BI/Lonzo suddenly being paragons of durability and health and going from playing 50-60 games a season to 100+?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I find it difficult to even care anymore. I have no illusions of the viability of any rebuild or development plan. Lakers have backed themselves into a corner that stinks of desperation. Win now and the future be damned!

I saw a tremendously gifted player but horrible leader. They have to do whatever it takes to light a fire under James’ ass and hope like hell he can deliver a contender this year.

Highly unlikely they trade him. Even if the assets of players from trade and FA and picks potentially helps support a “reboot” towards development, stability and culture. The PR damage would be difficult to swallow.

Lakers need to do whatever it takes to win this season or this whole escapade is a embarrassment. Reportedly they are hiring compatible coaches. Now they need to focus on surrounding James with the proven pros to hide his flaws. The shooters and bulldog defenders.

Tired of hearing how awesome James “can” be if motivated. Show me! I’ll be watching and waiting. Hope I finally see that Top 3 James.

Are you not disappointed/concerned with our two top young guys missing so many games? LBJ had a major groin injury and missed 18 games. This is why I'm confident that he'll be fine even as he ages. I'm concerned about Lonzo/BI's durability in a playoff run. They can't play 65 games right now a season let alone 100+ you'll need to get deep in the playoffs. (and Hart was banged up all season too).

Of course I’m concerned the young players can not stay healthy. Yet I have more confidence in them developing physically over the next couple years and their extended careers as they learn how a professional takes care of their body.

I do not have the same confidence with aging players that have the career mpg accumulation or multiple injuries that James or potential free agent hopefuls like Irving, Cousins have racked up.

Let’s face it, even everyone’s most coveted free agent Leonard still has a question mark. He missed a lot of games this year. Does that get any better with a 4/5 year max extension? Pretty sure most of the reports from last year had terms like degenerative and need to be managed.

Deep rosters can absorb these medical issues. Hopefully?

Due to the desperation to win this season I doubt you will have to worry about the young players for much longer. Expecting most to be moved for the proven vets needed to contend this year. A disappointing reality I am slowly coming to terms with. Very slowly:).

You have said the team should rely on the young guys. But 2 seasons straight, Lonzo has missed 30+ games; BI 23+ games, yet a pass. LBJ suffers a major groin injury and returns in 18 games instead of taking more time off.

What's more likely? LBJ coming back rejuvenated or BI/Lonzo suddenly being paragons of durability and health and going from playing 50-60 games a season to 100+?

With one you rely on progression of 20 year olds, the other the decline of a player with over 50,000 career mpg. No clue which is better. Both are a risk.

Who knows what this offseason gives us. All I know is this team and it’s success revolves around James. Some may have been happy with the player they saw last year, I was not.

I’m tired of hearing excuses. ( for James or the young players) I want to see results. I don’t care if it was the injury, a dysfunctional FO, bad coaching, being out of shape or transitioning to a new city and new team. James was not a franchise leader IMO

Whatever it takes to get him to buy in to the Laker team and winning. It seems like they are giving him what he wants. No more excuses. He can either deliver or he can’t. This is the path chosen for better or worse.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I’m tired of hearing excuses. ( for James or the young players) I want to see results.

I 100% agree with this.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Definitely not number 1 anymore.

Definitely not top 5 anymore.

Maybe still top 10
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:

Maybe still top 10

Maybe still top 25.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Unless the Lakers find a way to sign two superstars, it ain't happening.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:16 am    Post subject:

I just hope to see his ass out of the Lakers as soon as possible....My wish is that he will ask for the trade this summer so we can get at least something for him.....
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject:

Lebron played decent last year, probably the best Laker year since Kobe’s injury. After PG declined, we had no serious number 2 or 3 player. As long Lebron played well, and typically one other Laker had a good game, we won. Getz Lebron a second star, we will be just fine.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:31 am    Post subject:

LMAO at the posters. LeBron is not going anywhere. He’s here for good. We’re hiring Lue....who do u think that’s for? LeBron is a Laker...the FO will do everything possible to get him the tools he needs to win. Deal with it.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject:

LeBron was not & is not the problem.

The problems were & are:

1 - Brandon Ingram missed 30 games (after missing 23 games the season before), is a poor FT shooter and does not stretch the floor.

2 - Lonzo Ball missed 35 games (after missing 30 the season before), is among the worst FT shooters ever and doesn't stretch the floor.

3 - Rajon Rondo missed 36 games and didn't have the same 2-way impact, post-injury.

4 - Lance "F" Stephenson was our primary 2nd unit scorer/playmaker.

Injuries are a part of the game, but the Lakers got hit with a rash of long term injuries at a bad time.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

Maybe still top 10

Maybe still top 25.

KD, Kawhi, Giannis, Harden, LeBron... prob the top-5 claim

who bumping LeBron out? Curry? Klay? Draymond? Dame? Kyrie? PG13? WB? Jokic? AD? Embiid?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

Maybe still top 10

Maybe still top 25.

who bumping LeBron out? Curry? Klay? Draymond? Dame? Kyrie? PG13? WB? Jokic? AD? Embiid?

That's really dumb. Top 25? Hmmm? You mean top 5 or 10 at the lowest.
Let's see:
5th in scoring at 27.4 points a game
3rd in assists at 8.3 assists a game

How is that top 25?
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

Maybe still top 10

Maybe still top 25.

PG13.

You can pick between Embiid/pg13 or the 3 guards.......
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

Maybe still top 10

Maybe still top 25.

I wasn't serious.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Is Lebron really laying back during all this (bleep)?
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Lebron needs to go full GM now. I know he's been laying back because of the AD fiasco and bad press, but he needs to take control and go recruit us a head coach, and free agents because Jeanie and Rambis are criminally incompetent at this. LeGM PLZ
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
Lebron needs to go full GM now. I know he's been laying back because of the AD fiasco and bad press, but he needs to take control and go recruit us a head coach, and free agents because Jeanie and Rambis are criminally incompetent at this. LeGM PLZ

I don't know if he cares. He has a movie to make and show to produce
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject:

That trade request is coming soon if Jeanie isn't going to even allow LeBron to pick the next coach, just to show LeBron who really "runs the team" and has the "power". LeGM has been a success and been a proven winning formula, something Jeanie or anybody in in the Lakers organization knows nothing about, but they think they know how to run a franchise and don't want people thinking LeBron is running the show. Things are going to get worse, even worse than post-achilles Kobe era of Lakers basketball.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject:

LeBron in Philly for Raptors vs Sixers trying to convince Kawhi to join Lakers and not Clippers

Quote:
Stephen A. Smith of ESPN reported on SportsCenter Wednesday that LeBron James "has quietly been about the business of trying to get Kawhi Leonard to come to the Los Angeles Lakers instead of the Los Angeles Clippers."

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2835293-stephen-a-smith-lebron-james-quietly-recruiting-kawhi-leonard-to-lakers.amp.html
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
LeBron in Philly for Raptors vs Sixers trying to convince Kawhi to join Lakers and not Clippers

Quote:
Stephen A. Smith of ESPN reported on SportsCenter Wednesday that LeBron James "has quietly been about the business of trying to get Kawhi Leonard to come to the Los Angeles Lakers instead of the Los Angeles Clippers."

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2835293-stephen-a-smith-lebron-james-quietly-recruiting-kawhi-leonard-to-lakers.amp.html

This is our only hope right now, especially since Lebron seems to have plenty of friends around the league. He should also reach out to Kyrie now that he's been knocked out of the playoffs, and when the time is right, also reach out to Durant, Thompson, Kemba, etc.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Quote:

Way to go, Bron!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Good luck with that.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Quote:

Way to go, Bron!

He's the only hope we have. People can hate him all they want but he's it- for better or worse.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi has had to put on a one man show this playoffs. Him wanting to come to LA was the reasoning he used to get out of SA. Assuming the 6ers fold, that Bucks team will solidify his decision to the Lakers (depending on the extent of KD’s injury). I think we are the front runners to secure Kawhi’s return home in P&G. Bron throwing out the welcome mat is an act of mutual survival. That Bucks team is coming like a meteor. Bron just has the heading on its current trajectory.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1124, 1125, 1126 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1125 of 2079
Jump to: