Can someone help me rationalize what's going on?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

cooleggs wrote:
You guys always seem to need someone to hate on - Guess Linda Rambis is the new Jim Buss. Let's all take a deep breath and see how this plays out.

LG has invested in oxygen and Yoga lessons for those who stress out. They'll be providing Helplines soon....1-800-Jea-niee.

Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject:

cooleggs wrote:
You guys always seem to need someone to hate on - Guess Linda Rambis is the new Jim Buss. Let's all take a deep breath and see how this plays out.

Totally true. The ONLY thing worse than the state of affairs that Jeannie Buss has gotten us in, are the online opinions on it. 99% of them are spoiled children calling Jeannie a spoiled child. It all becomes stupid and unbearable.

2019 is going to be remembered as the year LG went downhill and the fans became unbearable. We used to be the best fans around here. It's sad what has happened to us.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject:

I think what it all comes down to is that the actual game of basketball is just a side story to what Jeanie associates with success. She made friends with the players and personnel of the Lakers and was even famously engaged to one of them. So to her, the successful Laker teams are associated with being surrounded by friends and everything being great.

When she thinks of recreating that, she is focusing on the social aspect because that's all she ever focused on. She's not going to have any clue about how to look outside the organization for help and her own favorites like the Rambis family are likely only going to look for their own favorites.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
cooleggs wrote:

Totally true. The ONLY thing worse than the state of affairs that Jeannie Buss has gotten us in, are the online opinions on it. 99% of them are spoiled children calling Jeannie a spoiled child. It all becomes stupid and unbearable.

2019 is going to be remembered as the year LG went downhill and the fans became unbearable. We used to be the best fans around here. It's sad what has happened to us.

6 years of bad basketball and epic losing will do that to fans..
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
cooleggs wrote:

It's sad what has happened to the Lakers.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
I think what it all comes down to is that the actual game of basketball is just a side story to what Jeanie associates with success. She made friends with the players and personnel of the Lakers and was even famously engaged to one of them. So to her, the successful Laker teams are associated with being surrounded by friends and everything being great.

When she thinks of recreating that, she is focusing on the social aspect because that's all she ever focused on. She's not going to have any clue about how to look outside the organization for help and her own favorites like the Rambis family are likely only going to look for their own favorites.

How thick a skin does she have is the only remaining question to me. Clearly, she's a moron, but is she a vindictive, evil moron like Dolan, who doesn't give a (bleep) about his perception or the fans. If she bunkers down, with zero self-reflection, this can go on for decades.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

How thick a skin does she have is the only remaining question to me. Clearly, she's a moron, but is she a vindictive, evil moron like Dolan, who doesn't give a (bleep) about his perception or the fans. If she bunkers down, with zero self-reflection, this can go on for decades.

We can only hope that the other Buss kids don't have their heads up their asses
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
cooleggs wrote:

Maybe there is a correlation between being the “best fans” and organizational competence and stability, roster chemistry and winning.

The biggest arguments were over which players to sign with the exception or who to draft at the end of the first round. I’ll even throw in the contentious “ which superstar should we keep”?

Multiple years of losing, loss of a beloved owner that kept the franchise centered and the aging and retirement of an iconic 20 year foundation player has undermined all that “best fan” perception.

We have become a fanbase that criticizes, second guesses every decision and is tired of losing. Figure out the FO fiasco, assemble a winning roster and I’m guessing we have a much more positive and fun LG.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

I'm not one to panic in times of crisis, but holy crap this is pretty effing bad. They've literally ran out all the basketball minds that made this organization so great, so much so that Linda and kurt rambis r advisors. How desperate and alone u think jeanie is right now to lean on those 2 as advisors. I really question her emotional n mental state right now. My hope is she uses this as a crash course on what it takes to run a bball franchise. Not that I would know but from the outside looking in it seems to me shes way far out of her element
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

I think she will be saved by the fact that the Lakers are a team that have a lot of things going for it no matter how messed up the front office is. They can have a total circus but you're still going to have the top players at least considering signing here since it's the Lakers and its LA and even an 0-82 team would be on national TV every other game.
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

The organization made fools of us all over 12M
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

To sum it up. Jeanie tricked the world in believing her brother Jim was the bad guy. In reality she’s the bad one who has no clue what she’s doing. She created the narrative Jim was bad to force him out. Now we see the results of her greed and stupidity.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject:

the sad thing is i think most fans are pretty reasonable. all we ask is to sniff the playoffs again. even a first round exit.

heck, if they got us back to any level of 90's Lake Show contention (NVE, Ceballos, etc.), i'd be fricken ECSTATIC!

daytripper wrote:
Wino wrote:
cooleggs wrote:

6 years of bad basketball and epic losing will do that to fans..
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

We can only hope that the other Buss kids don't have their heads up their asses

A lot of them probably don't care that much as long as the checks keep coming in.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Media knows people like drama and negativity

Media knows Lakers have the most fans and haters in the NBA

Media profiting off of this by making every other article about the Lakers and anything remotely attached to the Lakers.

No one gives a pooo about what dysfunction is happening with the Hornets. I promise you there is, just that no one cares.

In conclusion a good portion of fans are just that ... Fanatics! And they love the drama too.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:06 am    Post subject:

2 playmates are running the team. That’s what the reality is
triplepurple
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject:

cooleggs wrote:
Yeah, cause things are looking so promising.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:09 am    Post subject:

I'm just glad that Chick is not around to see this circus.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

andrewc wrote:
danzag wrote:
Linda Rambis (who never ever worked with basketball in her LIFE) is making basketball decisions. That's all you have to know.

So Linda Rambis is THAT incompetent or she does not have the Laker's best interest in mind?

Of course she does, she wanted the help them save $10mil in the 4th & 5th years of Lue's contract, when he is fired after 3 years...
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
I'm just glad that Chick is not around to see this circus.

the mustard is off this hot dog...
Lakersfield
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Mostly this is a family owned business where their revenue is from the Lakers. So it's always about the bottom line. Jeanie is tired paying coaches that are long gone. It started with Rudy T and the main reason Jerry West is gone because he was under paid compared to other GMs in the league. Just paying West would have saved them money. Now they need a GM for today's NBA and be willing to spend some money. Probably not going to happen anytime soon.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
andrewc wrote:
danzag wrote:
Linda Rambis (who never ever worked with basketball in her LIFE) is making basketball decisions. That's all you have to know.

So Linda Rambis is THAT incompetent or she does not have the Laker's best interest in mind?

Make a list of all of the people in the entire world you would consult for their basketball opinion.
Where is Linda Rambis ranked on your list?

Not on the list
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Winning is hard, even when you have the best and brightest basketball minds. Lakers are more of a family business and have been hiring based on a family/familiarity approach. The hiring of Vogel is a step in the right direction.
FedericoV
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Cliff notes version, Dr. Buss passed away.

Somthing I think a lot lately... do you really think Dr. Buss would have fared a lot better in this competitive era of the NBA? I don't know... he has the privilege to run the wealthiest franchise in the world of professional sports and pay more than its competitors wich at the same time weren't very shrewd or prepared... and he doesn't have to pay dividends to the six kids in the Buss trust while satisfaying AEG, TVs, Sponsors and so on...
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject:

cooleggs wrote:

I think Jeanie Buss is the female version of the Jim Buss. Linda is equivalent to Jim's Bartender friend.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: