Time to sell, Jeanie.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
if they put the Lakers up for bid, each Laker kid could probably walk away with a cool 1/2 billion each. Who of them would really say no to that compared to getting like 10mil a year from the trust fund while Jeanie runs the team into the ground?

4 of the 6 have already said no to that... Jeanie, Janie, Joey and Jesse. The two who wanted to sell are Jim and Johnny. Need a 4:2 vote to sell.

Btw, it seems the younger two (Joey and Jesse) could end up owning the whole organization when/if their older siblings die before them? More reason for them not to sell... that cool 1/2 billion could turn into a cooler 1/2 of 66% of the Lakers, or 1.33 billion. I don't know the specifics, but perhaps, Dr. Laker can shed more light because he was discussing this in another thread.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:35 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
if they put the Lakers up for bid, each Laker kid could probably walk away with a cool 1/2 billion each. Who of them would really say no to that compared to getting like 10mil a year from the trust fund while Jeanie runs the team into the ground?

4 of the 6 have already said no to that... Jeanie, Janie, Joey and Jesse. The two who wanted to sell are Jim and Johnny. Need a 4:2 vote to sell.

Btw, it seems the younger two (Joey and Jesse) could end up owning the whole organization when/if their older siblings die before them? More reason for them not to sell... that cool 1/2 billion could turn into a cooler 1/2 of 66% of the Lakers, or 1.33 billion. I don't know the specifics, but perhaps, Dr. Laker can shed more light because he was discussing this in another thread.

Janie Buss said: “The way the trust is set up, it’s last man standing. If I die tomorrow, my kids benefit a little bit but they don’t get everything I’m entitled to. As we all go down, it’s all going to end up in Joey and Jesse’s hands because they’re the youngest.”

She also said she wants to follow her father’s wishes because, “I am living life better than I ever thought I could live, and it’s all because of my dad’s hard work.”

Given that (and that three of the Buss work for the Lakers and apparently like their jobs), the odds of them selling seem remote. You would need 2 of the 4 (Jeanie, Janie, Joey and Jesse) to decide to sell. And all four of them have reasons not to sell.
Maginka
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Larry Ellison if you can hear me right now, if you can find the 30,000 e-mails Jeannie has deleted and buy the Lakers as well
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

if im not mistaken they were against Jim trying to sell off his stake
EDIT confirmed:
Quote:
"They're [Jim and Johnny] trying to bust the trust so they call their [interests]," Janie Buss said in an ESPN.com story from ESPN's Ramona Shelburne posted Wednesday. "And if they sell, that'll leave the rest of us in a minority."

and that kind of trust fund setup should be all the more reason for them to want to cash out. Who would want to die and leave their branch of the family with relatively peanuts besides the absolute youngest?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

and that kind of trust fund setup should be all the more reason for them to want to cash out. Who would want to die and leave their branch of the family with relatively peanuts besides the absolute youngest?

Depends whether you want to honor your father's desire. He designed the trust with the idea that it would be kept in the family, while generating a sizeable yearly income for the kids during their lifetime. He made it clear he never wanted his kids to think of it as an asset they would cash out. Janie, for one, seems to be embracing that idea.

And heck, she's a 56-year-old woman who has $10 million a year rolling in from the Lakers, while she can do whatever she wants. That's a pretty sweet deal.

Jeanie doesn't have any kids, so it's a moot point for her.

Of course, the two younger kids benefit the most, so they have no reason to upset things.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject:

she doesn't need to sell. just hire competent people instead of her friends and get out of the way. this is what happens when the real housewives of beverly hills run a sports team.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
she doesn't need to sell. just hire competent people instead of her friends and get out of the way. this is what happens when the real housewives of beverly hills run a sports team.

man I'd watch that tv series
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Imagine Linda Rambis asking Ty Lue how much game tape he watches with the team and if her husband could be associate HC. Ty Lue probably just got up and left the interview.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

Speaking of Lakers as TV show:

https://twitter.com/holmesmatt32/status/1126903404700168192?s=21
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Imagine Linda Rambis asking Ty Lue how much game tape he watches with the team and if her husband could be associate HC. Ty Lue probably just got up and left the interview.

no need to imagine, that's probably what happened, no, i'm being serious.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Speaking of Lakers as TV show:

https://twitter.com/holmesmatt32/status/1126903404700168192?s=21

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

That's crazy, waiting for your siblings to die off.

Then the remaining two would just wait each other out. They'll end up being 90 with a $5 billion asset.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Depends whether you want to honor your father's desire. He designed the trust with the idea that it would be kept in the family, while generating a sizeable yearly income for the kids during their lifetime. He made it clear he never wanted his kids to think of it as an asset they would cash out. Janie, for one, seems to be embracing that idea.

And heck, she's a 56-year-old woman who has $10 million a year rolling in from the Lakers, while she can do whatever she wants. That's a pretty sweet deal.

Jeanie doesn't have any kids, so it's a moot point for her.

Of course, the two younger kids benefit the most, so they have no reason to upset things.

Yeah, imagine how much guilt they'd feel if they sold away the Lakers.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

The Buss kids should swap the Lakers for the Nuggets and let Stan Kroenke-who played basketball but has shown the wisdom of being a hands off owner-run the Lakers like he runs the Rams.

They can collect their basketball dividend still from a young, successful team.

The big plus is getting the shart show out of the news cycle.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:31 am    Post subject:

I'm just a layman here, but capital gains inheritance tax would be owed by the Buss family, if they were to sell even their controlling share of the team.

The Lakers were probably worth around $2 Billion in February of 2013 (conservative guess), after being bought for roughly $40 million or so ($67M with the Kings, Forum, and a large ranch). The family would pay at least a 33% tax on every dollar of the share of the $1.96B profit. Selling 16% of the team valued at $2B would cause at least $111M in taxes.

This would make it highly inadvisable to sell even a controlling interest of the team, at least until the league begins to decline and/or the TWC deal runs out.

There is also AEG to deal with, they would have the rights of first refusal should the Buss family sell, so there would be no Steve Ballmer waiting in the wings to rescue us.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/fourtyplusfour/status/1127974579362623488?s=21

Quote:
. @BillPlaschke on @dpshow this morning talking about how the other minority owners of the Lakers (@AEGworldwide) are even more upset than the fans are regarding how the team is being run. If @JeanieBuss drops the ball this summer there could be an interesting coup with ownership
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Quote:
. @BillPlaschke on @dpshow this morning talking about how the other minority owners of the Lakers (@AEGworldwide) are even more upset than the fans are regarding how the team is being run. If @JeanieBuss drops the ball this summer there could be an interesting coup with ownership

Make it happen AEG
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

Every time I see this thread title I think to myself, "I wonder how much you could sell Jeannie for?"

Then I see the comma.
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

don't worry.... I think Lebron (assuming he wants to stay in LA, which he does) will drop the charm bomb on Jeannie and maybe even the sex babomb on Jeannie. Then after that she'll no longer be able to hear the scheming chatter of Phil Jackson, Kurt Rambis, Linda Rambis and the phantom Kobe.

Face it, all these guys are frantically in her ear because with Magic gone the city/team is right there for Lebron. Haha that's why they're even starting to say "trade Lebron" because they hate the idea of Lebron getting a full grip on the team. Magic was a huge obstacle, he's gone, now we find out that below that there was a Phil Jackson/ Rambis toad lurking this whole time, whispering in Jeannie's ear and poisoning the decision processes, bitter and not wanting to see the team take off and fly without them.

But all their power and influence rests in Jeannie, who is suggestible and can be influenced. So the Machiavelli move is Lebron cozies up to Jeannie, maybe all the way up, make Jeannie a believer. Then all our problems here will be over very quickly my friends.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Sssmush wrote:
don't worry.... I think Lebron (assuming he wants to stay in LA, which he does) will drop the charm bomb on Jeannie and maybe even the sex babomb on Jeannie. Then after that she'll no longer be able to hear the scheming chatter of Phil Jackson, Kurt Rambis, Linda Rambis and the phantom Kobe.

Face it, all these guys are frantically in her ear because with Magic gone the city/team is right there for Lebron. Haha that's why they're even starting to say "trade Lebron" because they hate the idea of Lebron getting a full grip on the team. Magic was a huge obstacle, he's gone, now we find out that below that there was a Phil Jackson/ Rambis toad lurking this whole time, whispering in Jeannie's ear and poisoning the decision processes, bitter and not wanting to see the team take off and fly without them.

But all their power and influence rests in Jeannie, who is suggestible and can be influenced. So the Machiavelli move is Lebron cozies up to Jeannie, maybe all the way up, make Jeannie a believer. Then all our problems here will be over very quickly my friends.

You really should stop posting.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Logo just signed a contract extension with the Clips per Shams

Strong work Jeanie
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Sssmush wrote:

You really should stop posting.

why? I've been right about almost everything for 10+ years. Oh you must be one of those media wizards who was astonished that Magic sucked so bad and then quit unexpectedly, trashing the Lakers on his way out the door. I made the right call on Magic 10+ years ago, and extensively detailed the right analysis on PSD whenever I felt like it. Magic was murky and bitter as ****, and it was obvious to me back when he was trashing Kobe and picking against the Lakers on espn during the Spurs series. and his weird anger was just as visible to me as he was dancing around on the Lakers' victory float trying to take some credit. Scoreboard Jim won two rings as president. That's that.

Jeannie is a weak woman. She's like one of those southern belles, a real daddy's girl, whispy and without substance. That's why people like Phil and the Rambii are able to continually queer the decision making process and dilute the team's possibilities.

All I'm saying is that Lebron is a stronger "daddy" than any of those guys, and once Jeannie becomes attached to him boom game over. Rambis is an ugly looking kind of guy, and was never slick or graceful. Phil is an old zombie with giant flat shoulders and his montana zen zinfandel act is probably boring as **** by now.

All I'm saying is don't worry my brothers, Lebron has got this.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

It's not happening. Jeanie Buss for life
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Value of the Lakers is going to start to Tank like the team. If they don't look at selling soon, they won't have any money to keep them going. Honestly, think of all the fans last year who bought season tickets and saw what the team was like with LeBronze. Would be surprising as hell to see how many of those fans are regretting the decision to buy season tickets to this current Laker team.
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

Inject this into my veins.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8
Jump to: