Tyronn Lue celebrating as Lakers Head Coach (Update: NO DEAL!!! - pg.4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:00 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Here is SAS talking about the Lakers on his radio show.

SAS be making (bleep) up. I don’t believe for one min that the Lakers offered Monty the job before offering it to Ty Lue. Reporters are just piling on the Lakers right now. I believe that we’re making bad moves but reporters are adding to the story then others are piggy backing with new twist.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:35 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
The Lakers did great here. The only people clamoring for Lue are those whom believe in pacifying LeBron.

My Lakers have taken stand. There WILL NOT be another attempted hijacking of the Lakers by LeBron and his posse.

GAME OVER

I'd suggest listening to the Laker Film Room podcast. It's really not about whether or not Lue is an amazing coach (no one thinks he is), it's more about the constant frustrations with the FO's approaches and processes (or oftentimes the lack thereof)

And this is true of the FO. We are all frustrated. However, I think the Lakers are finally doing the right thing. It's clear that LeBron was a bad move. I believe people in the organization as well as stakeholders all feel the same way.

There are two ways to address it:

(1) Try to make the best of it by hiring Lue to coach LeBron. Nobody believes in Lue except his buddies and LeBron. But for the next three years, whatever, so be it.

(2) If Lue doesn't want the three year deal, then move towards the removal of LeBron.

I kept telling all of you what was going to happen. LeBron is a plague and the crap he pulls was not going to fly with the Lakers and their associates. We aren't talking Cube or Snoop... We're talking about the silent ones.

Lebron is a plague? Getting Lebron was a bad move?

According to sources, Lebron made a visit to Kawhi to try to recruit him.

What is our FO of the Lakers doing now?

Making them look like asses across this nation.

Pretty much every sports host is calling them now.

Now Yahoo has a story about the Buss should sell the team because she has failed for almost a decade.

This is sad. Read on.

"But the favored daughter of the late Dr. Jerry Buss seems clueless in how to lead, and the reports of close confidants Linda and Kurt Rambis having so much influence are troubling.

Make no mistake: This is a mess of massive proportions, and headed into free agency, it’s the worst possible look for a franchise trying to attract star free agents and resemble a model, stable organization."

https://sports.yahoo.com/what-would-right-the-lakers-ship-the-buss-family-selling-the-team-195244409.html

It only seems like a mess because the Lakers are slamming the brakes on train that already left the station. It's uncommon and hars to understand. But it's the right thing to do. LeBron isn't the most transparent or upright guy. As I said once before, LeBron isn't about the Lakers; he's 100% about himself and it was shown for all to see last season.

The Lakers are probably willing to go with it for the remainder of his contract and were even willing to give him the coach he wanted. But to think the Lakers were going to let LeBron have control of the team is just shortsighted thinking by you guys.

Jeannie is doing us a solid. LeBron is going to be traded.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:40 am    Post subject:

Ty Lue is an idiot for not taking that 3-year deal. Mark my words...he'll NEVER get another head coaching job in the NBA. It's not like he had offers on the table. Turning down $18 million to instead make $0. Stupid!
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:55 am    Post subject:

When it comes to the Lakers the media will do their best to have an all out "FIRE SALE". It's always open season on the best franchise and truth is, they've been trying to put us in the NYC position for years and it just hasn't happened and more than likely wont.

Its true bad business decisions are being made, but talk about the head coach and trading LeBron is all a bunch of BS that the media drums up in order to get under people skin so it forces them to make such a stupid decision.

The media ruins everything when it comes to the NBA and the Lakers for sure!

The Lakers are two moves away from being right back in the thick of things. I say, that if they tighten their belt straps and look to build toward the future, replacing Magic isn't a priority at this point.

Here's what we have to do in this order:

1. Hire a Head Coach with a good supporting cast.
2. Attain and acquire draft pick (If we get 10 or higher can be leveraged)
3. Sign A top Free Agent in the off-season

TBH the Lakers have talent on the roster and young talent at that! However, that Talent may be somewhat redundant and random with no symmetry; if this is the case, we should look to make some moves to add the right pieces that FIT!

Roster with 1-Year deals removed:
Ball+Hart+Ingram+James+Kuzma
Wagner+Bonga

Now if you look at that Roster, iit's easy to understand why we didn't make the Playoffs especially if you consider the injuries. If you expected LBJ to work a Miracle with that group of young guys, you were highly mistaken.

Ingram will be hard to move with his latest Blood Clot issue, but Ball+Hart+Wagner+Bonga are movable pieces, maybe packaged with our Draft pic. I wouldn't consider moving Kuzma and James at all. Davis at this point for us is a "Pipe-Dream", we should focus on what's real and tangible and look to build and stack our team with starters/bench/role-players
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:03 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Ty Lue is an idiot for not taking that 3-year deal. Mark my words...he'll NEVER get another head coaching job in the NBA. It's not like he had offers on the table. Turning down $18 million to instead make $0. Stupid!

Actually he’s not he’s being paid by the Cavs
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:06 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

He's been and will continue getting paid by the Cavs for the next 2 years so he would have been basically working for free for the first 2 years with the Lakers so not really that stupid at all tbh.. He was working last year btw it was just an unofficial position with the Clippers so he would continue to get paid much more by the Cavs.

Frustrating with everything going on but i'd say there's a pretty great chance he will get other offers with the lack of good coaches in the NBA but he might not take anything official for another 1-2 years. Who knows what really happened at this point but if the Lakers really did try and force him to hire people he didn't want on his staff then why would he not terminate talks and walk away when he once again is already getting paid head coach money for the next 2 seasons regardless? I def. don't blame him if that is indeed the case.
andrewc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:22 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

Is it just me or does the style of this post strongly resemble a Trump tweet?
Lakerchaq
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:28 am    Post subject:

We interviewed Orlandos HC why is there not a post on this?
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:30 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Chad09 wrote:

SAS be making (bleep) up. I don’t believe for one min that the Lakers offered Monty the job before offering it to Ty Lue. Reporters are just piling on the Lakers right now. I believe that we’re making bad moves but reporters are adding to the story then others are piggy backing with new twist.

Agreed. @Stumpy25 pointed out another false report from SAS a few posts before yours. It's false hot take after another... followed by theories based on the original false hot takes... blowing everything out of proportion. SAS takes the cake though because he will over-react to his own false hot takes, being the muppet he is. I change/mute the channel as soon as he's on now.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Fri May 10, 2019 5:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:33 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
kwase wrote:

He's been and will continue getting paid by the Cavs for the next 2 years so he would have been basically working for free for the first 2 years with the Lakers so not really that stupid at all tbh.. He was working last year btw it was just an unofficial position with the Clippers so he would continue to get paid much more by the Cavs.

Frustrating with everything going on but i'd say there's a pretty great chance he will get other offers with the lack of good coaches in the NBA but he might not take anything official for another 1-2 years. Who knows what really happened at this point but if the Lakers really did try and force him to hire people he didn't want on his staff then why would he not terminate talks and walk away when he once again is already getting paid head coach money for the next 2 seasons regardless? I def. don't blame him if that is indeed the case.

In my opinion... The most damning thing against Lue is also that he enables and also encourages the whole narrative of LeBron killing coaches and sending teammates into medical emergencies.

I don't care what anyone says... LeBron stresses a team out with his immaturity and selfishness. It's no coincidence that both Ingram and Bosh have blood clots. How does a trail like this follow a player?

And what about in Cleveland? Kyrie literally was so stressed that he stop speaking to the team... Love was depressed and Lue had to leave the team.

LeBron tried to stir it up with us. We mysteriously lose Magic and the organization is fractured.

It's LeBron causing this. And it's why Dan Gilbert was right to pimp out LeBron all those years.

I'm a Lakers fan for life. I know what's happening. We're taking steps to scrub LeBron from the team.
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:35 am    Post subject:

andrewc wrote:
kwase wrote:

Lol it does. True or not. Though it’s hard to believe a young coach with a chip to his name won’t get a shot somewhere. Bill Walton’s son got a job the next day.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:38 am    Post subject:

PartyMan wrote:
andrewc wrote:
kwase wrote:

Lol it does. True or not. Though it’s hard to believe a young coach with a chip to his name won’t get a shot somewhere. Bill Walton’s son got a job the next day.

Luke was built up by Phil Jackson and Steve Kerr to be thought of as having potential of being a great coach. Lue is thought of as being LeBron's puppet.

That's the difference. Had Lue not fallen on his face without LeBron, it might be different.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:57 am    Post subject:

andrewc wrote:
kwase wrote:

"Tiny" Ty Loo spreading fake news that he ended negotiations, but we pulled out way before. Didn't impress in interview! Sad!
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Chad09 wrote:

Agreed. @Stumpy25 pointed out another false report from SAS a few posts before yours.

Who's Sumpy25?

Is he an insider here in LG?

So we should all take an LG poster named Sumpy25's word over Stephen A. Smith now?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

Is he even looking for another job? He is getting $5-$7M a year from the cavs through 2021.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Chad09 wrote:

Agreed. @Stumpy25 pointed out another false report from SAS a few posts before yours.

Who's Sumpy25?

So we should all take an LG poster named Sumpy25's word over Stephen A. Smith now?

This post below is what I'm referring to... the one that says SAS mentioned we wanted Kurt to be part of Ty Lue's coaching team. The only believable report that has come out anywhere (but is not proven yet too) says the FO wanted Kurt to be part of Luke Walton's coaching team. All other "reports", if they are to be believed, say the FO wanted Jason Kidd to be part of Lue's team. Perhaps, SAS mixed up Lue and Luke? Either way... that's a false "hot take" SAS made up... and then he over-reacted to his own false "hot take"... all part of his muppetastic way of getting your views/clicks. That is my belief anyway.

Stumpy25 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Stephen A. Smith on his own show giving out Lakers updates:

Quote:
- Not only were Laker's asking Ty Lue to add Jason Kidd to be in his coaching staff, but Lakers also were asking for Lue to add Kurt Rambis as an assistant

- Lakers were only telling coaches they were looking for 3 years, that included Monty Williams which is why he chose Phoenix instead

- Linda Rambis who has no basketball experience, who's only claim to fame is being Jeanie's best friend and the husband of a former Laker player, is practically making the Lakers basketball decisions

- "Lakers are beyoooooooooond stupid!"

SAS also mentioned that Ty Lue actually wanted to bring Brian Shaw back to be part of his coaching staff, but the Lakers didn't want Shaw or anyone from Luke Walton's old staff back, and instead wanted Lue to get Kurt Rambis in make him his "Associate Head Coach".

Disgusting.

This has been debunked as a false. Again a lot of false reporting.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Fri May 10, 2019 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Chad09 wrote:

Who's Sumpy25?

This post below is what I'm referring to... the one that says SAS mentioned we wanted Kurt to be part of Ty Lue's coaching team. The only believable report that has come out anywhere (but is not proven yet too) says the FO wanted Kurt to be part of Luke Walton's coaching team. Perhaps, SAS mixed up Lue and Luke? Either way... that's a false "hot take" SAS made up... and then he over-reacted to his own false "hot take"... all part of his muppetastic way of getting your views/clicks. That is my belief anyway. You don't have to subscribe to it... and can choose to join the lemmings rushing towards the nearest cliff because of what the biggest muppet in sports reporting says, lol.

Stumpy25 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Stephen A. Smith on his own show giving out Lakers updates:

Quote:
- Not only were Laker's asking Ty Lue to add Jason Kidd to be in his coaching staff, but Lakers also were asking for Lue to add Kurt Rambis as an assistant

- Lakers were only telling coaches they were looking for 3 years, that included Monty Williams which is why he chose Phoenix instead

- Linda Rambis who has no basketball experience, who's only claim to fame is being Jeanie's best friend and the husband of a former Laker player, is practically making the Lakers basketball decisions

- "Lakers are beyoooooooooond stupid!"

SAS also mentioned that Ty Lue actually wanted to bring Brian Shaw back to be part of his coaching staff, but the Lakers didn't want Shaw or anyone from Luke Walton's old staff back, and instead wanted Lue to get Kurt Rambis in make him his "Associate Head Coach".

Disgusting.

This has been debunked as a false. Again a lot of false reporting.

Where’s the proof it was debunked?
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

How about we do a nice trade? Show me the proof that the claim is real, and I'll show you the proof of the claim being debunked. Can't get better than that, right?
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

actually he might lose money he is making from the cavs. Lakers were offering him the worst contract in the NBA. Who wants to be paid the least in his/her field? do you? Lakers penny pinching is stupid.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
kwase wrote:

Is he even looking for another job? He is getting $5-$7M a year from the cavs through 2021.

he be working for free for the lakers then if he's getting paid for not working just the same.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

How about we do a nice trade? Show me the proof that the claim is real, and I'll show you the proof of the claim being debunked. Can't get better than that, right?

Wait, what?

Unless there's proof, this is not debunked either then.

It's just another, trust what you want to hear, Stephen A. Smith or Stumpy.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Wait, what?

It's not really a case of hearing what I want to hear... but knowing (for lack of a better word) when someone is telling a porky or embellishing. I don't have the time to go searching up links... but I've literally read every report that's broken since the Ty Lue negotiation break-down was reported... and none have said anything about the FO wanting Kurt on Lue's team... every other report has said that Lue wanted Vogel as his top assistant and the FO wanted Jason Kidd instead... until SAS made that statement on his show about Kurt... and now it's suddenly becoming a mini-thing because a few others (not all) have picked up on it. I'm also referring to SAS saying on the same show that the FO made a 3 year contract offer to Monty Williams which he rejected and signed for the Suns. Every other report has said no offer was made to Monty.

I see a giant porky sitting on SAS' forehead right between his eyebrows and receding hairline. I guess you don't...

Anyway, the gist of my message is... I agree that the FO has made and is making what I consider bad moves. The guys on here also had me sold on Lue, and I think they could/should have offered him a better/longer contract seeing as he'd be giving up the money the Cavs owe him. The FO may have their own reasons for not wanting to do that, including not wanting to hire Lue at all. Eiher way, be wary when picking what you choose to believe from the media talking heads. They're pushing a lot of their own theories/opinions/desires/agendas/lies as fact too, on top of the negative/unflattering true reports.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Fri May 10, 2019 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Wait, what?

It's not really a case of hearing what I want to hear... but knowing when someone is telling a porky or embellishing. I don't have the time to go searching up links... but I've literally read every report that's broken since the Ty Lue contract break down was reported... and none have said anything about the FO wanting Kurt on Lue's team... every other report has said that Lue wanted Vogel as the top assistant and the FO wanted Jason Kidd... until SAS made that statement on his show... and now it's suddenly becoming a thing because others have picked up on it. I'm also referring to SAS saying on the same show that the FO made a 3 year contract offer to Monty Williams which he rejected and signed for the Suns. Every other report has said no offer was made to Monty.

I see a giant porky sitting on SAS' forehead right between his eyebrows and receding hairline. I guess you don't...

Anyway, I'm not saying that the FO has not made and is not making what I consider bad moves... just saying, be wary when picking what you choose to believe from the media talking heads. They're pushing a lot of their own theories/opinions/desires/agendas/lies as fact too.

You can see porky's on people's forehead and receding hairline?

You say all that, but then you say you trust some poster here named Stumpy25 debunking it. What does his forehead look like?

Sounds like the same thing.

Last edited by Nash Vegas on Fri May 10, 2019 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
You say all that, but then you say you trust some poster here named Stumpy25.

Sounds like the same thing.

Perhaps, it is the same thing, SASluver!

Last edited by LAL1947 on Fri May 10, 2019 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

Who the heck is a stumpy25?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 12 of 17
Jump to: