Lakers fans are spoiled
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject: Lakers fans are spoiled

1) We signed the best player in the game (and the GOAT according to a lot of people) this summer

2) We have capspace to sign a second max/star player this coming summer

3) We have young assets that we can grow into a third star or trade for one.

And people are losing their minds.

It took us only 2 years from the end of the Kobe Era (a golden era that saw us make the playoffs in the tough West 16 out of the 20 years, make 7 finals and win 5 championships filled with some of the greatest playoff and regular season moments in NBA history) to transition into the LeBron Era.

Lakers were so good at what they do that the league literally had to step in and do an illegal veto of a trade to stop us from continuing to dominate (CP3)

And yet people still complain.

And don't give me any of this "b-b-b-b-b-but we've missed the playoffs 6 times". That's how it goes in the new NBA. You're either on top or you have to bottom out. You can no longer stay in the middle-ground and hope to build a contender like we did between the Magic Era and the Kobe Era. Plus, Catch-22, if we didn't miss 6 years of playoffs we wouldn't have the young assets that we have now.

And yes, I know that there's NO GUARANTEES that a second star/max player will join us this summer, but that has nothing to do with the Lakers and everything to do with historical NBA precedence.

Besides Shaq and now LeBron all the star/HOF players that the Lakers have acquired in their history have been either through trades or the draft. It's just difficult to sign a star player in free agency, even for the Lakers. And yet we've already got one in LeBron. Who is better than any of the other star players people flipped out over us missing out on (Dwight, Melo, Lamarcus, PG13).

Stop getting brainwashed by the chicken little, flip-flopping media trying to paint us as the "Knicks of the West".

And for the people who say, "Well, LeBron came here because he wanted to." AND?!?! He STILL came! Lol. When has a player of LeBron's caliber ever gone to the Knicks voluntarily?
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

2000 Los Angeles Lakers
2001 Los Angeles Lakers
2002 Los Angeles Lakers
2003 San Antonio Spurs
2004 Detroit Pistons
2005 San Antonio Spurs
2006 Miami Heat (Shaq)
2007 San Antonio Spurs
2008 Boston Celtics
2009 Los Angeles Lakers
2010 Los Angeles Lakers

2011 Dallas Mavericks
2012 Miami Heat
2013 Miami Heat
2014 San Antonio Spurs
2015 Golden State Warriors
2016 Cleveland Cavaliers
2017 Golden State Warriors
2018 Golden State Warriors

Not to worry, going by history, Lakers will be champs for 2020, 2021 and 2022!
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Batshht post, Batguano.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Linda Rambis.

No, we're not spoiled.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers fans are spoiled

Batguano wrote:
1) We signed the best player in the game (and the GOAT according to a lot of people) this summer

It took us only 2 years from the end of the Kobe Era (a golden era that saw us make the playoffs in the tough West 16 out of the 20 years, make 7 finals and win 5 championships filled with some of the greatest playoff and regular season moments in NBA history) to transition into the LeBron Era.

Lakers were so good at what they do that the league literally had to step in and do an illegal veto of a trade to stop us from continuing to dominate (CP3)

And don't give me any of this "b-b-b-b-b-but we've missed the playoffs 6 times". That's how it goes in the new NBA. You're either on top or you have to bottom out. You can no longer stay in the middle-ground and hope to build a contender like we did between the Magic Era and the Kobe Era. Plus, Catch-22, if we didn't miss 6 years of playoffs we wouldn't have the young assets that we have now.

And yes, I know that there's NO GUARANTEES that a second star/max player will join us this summer, but that has nothing to do with the Lakers and everything to do with historical NBA precedence.

Besides Shaq and now LeBron all the star/HOF players that the Lakers have acquired in their history have been either through trades or the draft. It's just difficult to sign a star player in free agency, even for the Lakers. And yet we've already got one in LeBron. Who is better than any of the other star players people flipped out over us missing out on (Dwight, Melo, Lamarcus, PG13).

Stop getting brainwashed by the chicken little, flip-flopping media trying to paint us as the "Knicks of the West".

And for the people who say, "Well, LeBron came here because he wanted to." AND?!?! He STILL came! Lol. When has a player of LeBron's caliber ever gone to the Knicks voluntarily?

Worst NBA record in the last 6 years. worse than the suns!
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Linda Rambis.

No, we're not spoiled.

Lol. Sure, buddy. First it was Jim Buss. Then it was Magic. And now you've predictably moved on to the new "boogieman of the month" that's "ruining the Lakers."
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers fans are spoiled

socalsp3 wrote:
Batguano wrote:

Worst NBA record in the last 6 years. worse than the suns!

And yet we still managed to sign the best player in the league in what remains of his prime. Go figure...

Guess you would be happier if we had signed Lamarcus Aldridge or DeMar DeRozan and had a better regular season record (but still no rings and with even less of a chance of getting one any time soon than we have now) to save face...

Last edited by Batguano on Fri May 10, 2019 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
danzag wrote:
Linda Rambis.

No, we're not spoiled.

Lol. Sure, buddy. First it was Jim Buss. Then it was Magic. And now you've predictably moved on to the new "boogieman of the month" that's "ruining the Lakers."

when Linda Rambis has a greater voice than Lebron over coaching. that's a problem.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
danzag wrote:
Linda Rambis.

No, we're not spoiled.

when Linda Rambis has a greater voice than Lebron over coaching. that's a problem.

That's funny. Rambis wasn't even on anyone's radar until like a week ago. Once Magic left the media (and fans like you) just HAD to find another boogieman to be scurred of.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

You're right in a vacuum: Lebron, cap space, clean books, some young talent, most likely late lottery pick, plus Lakers brand. That should be enough the hire whomever you want for PBO or even pry for a good employed coach.

Instead Linda and Kurt Rambis who have zero business making basketball decisions are doing just that. Why not Isiah Thomas? I mean Kurt Rambis is a proven failure. Might as well bring in Thomas. They're here out of nepotism, not merit. That'll derail a franchise. Pelinka doesn't deserve his role either, but because he was Kobe's agent, there you go.

The situation is easily fixable. Hire a good PBO and let them do their job.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers fans are spoiled

Batguano wrote:

I agree Lakers fans are spoiled but I find your post simplistic.

First, Kobe played his last healthy season 6 years ago. To say his era ended 2 years ago doesn't ring true to me. We've had 5 straight seasons of missing the playoffs so suggesting that the team has only been in the doldrums 2 years is a little silly.

Second, the team has made a lot of questionable decisions.

Third, we've heard that reasoning for years: cap space -- young assets (many of whom are no longer here). You can only preach about potential and possibilities for so long. Heck, we've already gone through a series of "young assets" who have come and gone.

Fourth, sure, Lebron is a great player. But he's aging and is only signed here for 2-3 more years. Signing Lebron without a plan to build a team around him immediately was one of those questionable decisions.
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject:

I wants what I wants

Titles
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

No, we have higher standards for the team than what we have been given the last 6 years. Has nothing to do with being spoiled
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

It's sad that 20 to 30 people protesting can make a entire fanbase look like a joke.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
It's sad that 20 to 30 people protesting can make a entire fanbase look like a joke.

Scroll up...
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

What’s wrong with being spoiled? I’ve always spoiled myself. Makes me happy. I live for happy.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject:

The Rambises as crucial decision makers is the only thing irking the (bleep) out of me right now. I can live with pretty much everything else. Including not offering an unproven pushover a five year contract.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Lakers have had the worst 6 years of any franchise by record.

It's not "spoiled" anymore. It's self destructive. Like this FO became when they abandoned building around the young core and fruitlessly got rid of both of the best players that had been developed thus far. And then tried to do it again.

Imagine losing all them and having Davis here being an unrestricted free agent next off-season in the midst of all this mess.
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject:

We're spoiled? Why? Because we haven't made the playoffs in 6 years and we're considered a laughing stock by the rest of the NBA?
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

We were spoiled when we had Jerry Buss, Jerry West and Mitch Kupchak. The ability to talent evaluate and draft. Work the cap and see the big picture. Not these band aid fixes that seems to be happening at the moment.

Lebron ain't the best player in the world no more. We signed an all star, possibly a top 5-7 player still, in the twilight of his career. Not a recipe for success with pretty much no one else. A lot of us said when Jeanie came in, flexed and cleaned house that be careful what you wish for. Pretty obvious this team, our team, is in a figgin mess.
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

I can't remember any other team screwing up coaching hiring process so badly. We literally have fans protesting in the streets. We have no leadership and Jeanie is an amateur who can't hope to compete with Clippers front office. Our front office is dumpster fire right now. hope things get better, but i wouldn't count on it
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

We are _demanding_.
Spoiled? No.
How many damn years do we have to be in the lottery before we go somewhere?!

When does the lottery pain stop?
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers fans are spoiled

Batguano wrote:

Its because management is on the verge of blowing the amazing situation we are in.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
When has a player of LeBron's caliber ever gone to the Knicks voluntarily?

When has a player of Lebron's caliber ever ... existed really?

And to be fair, Lebron went to the Cavs voluntarily =)

I think you're missing the point. I think the protests are laughable, but, I understand why people are frustrated and concerned with this franchise and they have every right to be.

And it has nothing, or very little to do with, the win/loss record. It's combination of things that probably includes that, with the debacle that was the failed Lue signing that was just the straw that broke the camel's back.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
That's funny. Rambis wasn't even on anyone's radar until like a week ago. Once Magic left the media (and fans like you) just HAD to find another boogieman to be scurred of.

I don't agree with some of what you say, but this is dead on the money.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: