What’s the best that the Lakers could realistically get in return for trading LeBron?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

LeBron to CHI for Otto Porter/LaVine/Dunn and picks

Does that sound attractive?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

This should be ban-level.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

This should be ban-level.

What if Lauri Markkenen was added to the deal?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Or, I'm the star of the biggest metropolitan city in America.

I'm not saying we shouldn't aspire to be professional... but I wish the general public actually thought like you are describing.

We wouldn't be in this mess that we are in as a nation right now.

Then why wouldn't he go to the Clippers? They have way less drama, a well-respected head coach, really good front office, and a possibility of a 2nd max if they salary dump Gallo.

I would think a major goal of his is to defeat Pop, so his decision to leave was justified in the mind of the public.

LBJ probably gives him more hope than the Clippers of defeating him.

He could combine with Durant... but KD's even more of a drama queen.

He's been carrying Toronto by himself half the time. If he comes here he'll share the load with LBJ.

If he goes to the Clippers he goes to a more diluted team that had to make room for Durant or has no Durant at all... in which case is more like the Raptors.
'
But aren't you saying this in the context of LBJ being traded out so KL would be interested in joining the Lakers?

No I've said at the beginning if LBJ could land Kyrie or Kawhi, then it's worth putting up with all the Klutch drama.

If he can't land anyone but Harris... then it's not.

The coach thing is a separate issue where I'd make sure my top targets approved of who we were vetting.

Last edited by Sentient Meat on Fri May 10, 2019 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

epak will like that I’m sure
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If and only if LBJ asks for a trade do you do it. You will be relegating the Lakers to a nuclear winter otherwise.

And if you trade him, IMO, that means we are back to the bottom of the hill begging top FAs to join an otherwise unproven team led by two players who combined missed over 50+ games last season.

If you trade him, you wouldn't be begging top FAs to join you. You'd build through your youth (again), and try to find FAs that are a 4th or 5th wheel that might benefit from an increased role.

And when BI asks for a 27m max, then Lonzo/Kuz the year after?

Depends on how they play.

Well exactly. And we have yet to re-sign a lottery pick. Jules/DLO gone. BI up next.

So that doesn't go away if you bring in top FAs.

The real difference though is that in one scenario you gave them a chance to prove themselves as reliable top options whereas in the other, they'd have been role players.

In short, if we trade LBJ, we want to go MozDeng again, except, get players of that ilk that can actually contribute haha
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If and only if LBJ asks for a trade do you do it. You will be relegating the Lakers to a nuclear winter otherwise.

And if you trade him, IMO, that means we are back to the bottom of the hill begging top FAs to join an otherwise unproven team led by two players who combined missed over 50+ games last season.

If you trade him, you wouldn't be begging top FAs to join you. You'd build through your youth (again), and try to find FAs that are a 4th or 5th wheel that might benefit from an increased role.

And when BI asks for a 27m max, then Lonzo/Kuz the year after?

Depends on how they play.

Well exactly. And we have yet to re-sign a lottery pick. Jules/DLO gone. BI up next.

So that doesn't go away if you bring in top FAs.

The real difference though is that in one scenario you gave them a chance to prove themselves as reliable top options whereas in the other, they'd have been role players.

In short, if we trade LBJ, we want to go MozDeng again, except, get players of that ilk that can actually contribute haha

It's sad that if we fail in luring a max FA and go down the insane trade LBJ route, we may actually make the circle complete with a Moz/Deng level desperation move.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

That's a good deal, you could always move pieces for picks if our kids started playing well next season.

LaVine is a on good contract.

But Chicago would never trade that for LBJ... maybe AD, because of age.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Knicks could be an interesting package but many of ya'll wanting LeBron gone are acting like he is the issue and IMO that's wrong and not fair to him.

Like you said, he's at worst a top 5 player still and he's locked in. We have good young players, a lottery pick, and max cap space. Get him a good coach, try and sign Kawhi, Kyrie, or Butler (only somewhat realistic options), and either trade the young guys for another star (AD or Beal) or have a very talented and deep team that with the right pieces and coach, can actually come out of a Durant-less Western Conference.

We should be trying to trade Jeanie, The Rambii, and Pelinka. Those are the ones messing this up. Imagine if we had a functional front office with a clear PBO/Managment (see Clippers, Toronto, Spurs, Warriors, OKC) and we had the advantages/strengths we have? We'd easily be convincing someone to come here.

It's not about Bron being the issue. They are interviewing JB Bickerstaff!!!!! So do you get it? Unless, they are quarterbacking this search with Lebron, and get a guy he's comfortable with, then what they're doing is hoping Lebron asks for a trade.

I am 100% sure Buss is currently pondering moving Lebron.

That's tragic.
spankykingston
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

Trade LeBron to NY for #1 Pick and a Sign and trade Deandre Jordan
Take Zion with #1 pick
Take Bruno Fernando with #11
Sign Kawai L and Danny Green
Bring back Rondo, McGee, Lance, Alex C,

Line up:
Zo/AC/Rondo
Ingram/Danny Green/Hart
KL/Lance/Bonga
Kuz/Zion/Mo
Jordan/McGee/Fernando
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject:

I trade him for PG13 straight up
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It's sad that if we fail in luring a max FA and go down the insane trade LBJ route, we may actually make the circle complete with a Moz/Deng level desperation move.

As long as you get a MozDeng that contribute what they were supposed to, it's fine.

Maybe it all depends on what we get in return for Lebron though. If you get a top player in return, maybe you're right, pushing for another top FA makes a lot of sense.

But my feeling is you're going to get a plus player (not a Lebron-ish player), a young player, a pick, and a bad contract. Something like that.

You can go ahead and lock up cap space by bringing in another top player but what's the point? You're not winning anything.

I think we need to make a decision. You're either all-in with Lebron James, or you're starting over from scratch without him. IMO.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Wonder if James is looking at the Rockets as a "grass is greener" situation?

Joins a near miss contender and gets to play with his buddy Paul. Gets to dump the Lakers FO that has a confusing contradictory plan. Obviously a disgruntled James requesting the trade would be needed.

If he wants to move on this would be the time to get the HOU FO on the phone and get as much as possible.

Capela/Gordon/Rivers or Shumpert/ two 1sts.

Also $36M and a #11 pick (or higher) would go a long way in a rebuild.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Our fanbase has to be the least knowledgeable about basketball as a sport in the NBA. Knicks fans are likely our only competition.

Trading LeBron should be universally booed. Most fanbases wouldn't even joke about it.

Not us...no, not us.

We are as much the problem as Jeanie and the Front Office. I'm quite sure Linda and Kurt get their ideas from fansites like this, which explains a lot, actually.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
Our fanbase has to be the least knowledgeable about basketball as a sport in the NBA. Knicks fans are likely our only competition.

Trading LeBron should be universally booed. Most fanbases wouldn't even joke about it.

Not us...no, not us.

We are as much the problem as Jeanie and the Front Office. I'm quite sure Linda and Kurt get their ideas from fansites like this, which explains a lot, actually.

Or are we realistic. Lebron isn’t carrying us the promised land,.. or did you not watch him this year? The guy simply didn’t look like a top guy on a championship team anymore, and I think most of us dumb fans realize the odds of us getting a player better than lebron is meek. So why not get a great return for him and try again in a year or so.

By no means do I believe Bron is the problem,.. but I also don’t think he’s the solution.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately it’s no longer an option - it would have been Porzingis and NYK 1st round pick (top 1 protected).

Now the best option is probably PHX for Zion or Ayton (ideally both), Josh Jackson or Bridges, Warren and a 2 first round picks.

PHX would pair Lebron and Booker together and think they could build a championship around them in FA.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Unfortunately it’s no longer an option - it would have been Porzingis and NYK 1st round pick (top 1 protected).

Now the best option is probably PHX for Zion or Ayton (ideally both), Josh Jackson or Bridges, Warren and a 2 first round picks.

PHX would pair Lebron and Booker together and think they could build a championship around them in FA.

Haha, if only. Nobody will be dealing their young core for Lebron and not have a clear path to success. Lebron and Booker would be terrible since neither play defense. Only team I see trading for him are contending teams. Daryl Morey will be all ears, but unfortunately, they have nothing we want. Unless it's like the Nets, where they agree to give us 100 future 1st rd picks.

Philly will listen, but Embiid and Simmons won't be available. Denver and Portland might listen, we might get CJ, Nurkic and picks. In Denver, maybe a deal around Jamal Murray. Then there's the matching salary issue.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Not us...no, not us.

Or are we realistic. Lebron isn’t carrying us the promised land,.. or did you not watch him this year? The guy simply didn’t look like a top guy on a championship team anymore, and I think most of us dumb fans realize the odds of us getting a player better than lebron is meek. So why not get a great return for him and try again in a year or so.

By no means do I believe Bron is the problem,.. but I also don’t think he’s the solution.

This isn't golf or Tennis. Basketball is a team sport.

Kobe missed the playoffs with the Lakers. No one claimed he couldn't get it done. His team was trash.

LeBron just came off 8 straight Finals with teams built around him.
LeBron just missed the playoffs with a team not built around him.

Do the math. Your assumption that his age matters needs to be based on fact, like a decline in his numbers or efficiency...it's not. As long as LeBron can be dominant, he can take us there.

But I don't expect a true basketball argument for why LeBron can't win Ch'ips in LA because those arguments don't exist.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject:

As long as LBJ is on your team, you have a realistic shot at winning a title provided we get another all star talent (or BI/Lonzo/Kuz take huge leaps). I'm not even picking up the phone for anything other than Zion, in which case I do that trade in a heartbeat.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Not us...no, not us.

This isn't golf or Tennis. Basketball is a team sport.

Kobe missed the playoffs with the Lakers. No one claimed he couldn't get it done. His team was trash.

LeBron just came off 8 straight Finals with teams built around him.
LeBron just missed the playoffs with a team not built around him.

Do the math. Your assumption that his age matters needs to be based on fact, like a decline in his numbers or efficiency...it's not. As long as LeBron can be dominant, he can take us there.

But I don't expect a true basketball argument for why LeBron can't win Ch'ips in LA because those arguments don't exist.

How about him being the slowest moving player in the league by data, or the fact he only had ONE game at 40 or more points this year. BAsic eye test tells you he was struggling to drive past people like he once could settling for long range shots. I don’t need to see his numbers to know his play this year showed a decline in impact vs numbers. And Kobe missed the playoffs in his prime with freaking Chucky Atkins chris Minh and the corpses of Vlade Divac/Brian Grant. Not even close to comparable situations.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:59 am    Post subject:

As much as the FO is driving me crazy, I am sooooooo glad some of the people on this board are not driving the bus....willing to trade Bron for peanuts....a top 5 player for bulls castoffs and LM, that is just ridiculous....and yeah Bron had a huge drop off he only averaged his career average with us last year...I mean the decline is unreal, was only basically leading the Lakers in points, rebounds and assists when he played...just totally washed up....
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
As much as the FO is driving me crazy, I am sooooooo glad some of the people on this board are not driving the bus....willing to trade Bron for peanuts....a top 5 player for bulls castoffs and LM, that is just ridiculous....and yeah Bron had a huge drop off he only averaged his career average with us last year...I mean the decline is unreal, was only basically leading the Lakers in points, rebounds and assists when he played...just totally washed up....

Shouldn't James lead the team in all those stats? It would be pretty damn embarrassing if he didn't.

He is a top player with a high usage rate that signed on to be the franchise leader for a developing squad of under 21 year olds and some misfit free agents. The entire offense revolved around deferring to him and his style of play. He should be leading the team in stats.

Stats are only one aspect. He put up great stats. But he also showed signs of decline. He led the team in TOs by a wide margin. Repeatedly walking back up the floor after many of them. He was unenthusiastic on the defensive end. He had less then stellar effort on rebounding or closeouts in most games. His lack of leadership in the locker room or overall team chemistry was pretty evident.

We will see this season if his indifference and decline is due to age or motivation. Will he buy in and return to that top 5 franchise leader or give us another year of cool stats and lack of leadership. Maybe another elite signing and some proven vets surrounding him will hide the flaws and get his head back into the game. I hope so.

Lakers signed him to be the franchise leader. Act like it.

If he isn't happy being the Lakers team leader then they do need to move him upon his request. Not for scraps but for some quality players and assets from a contender. James is not requesting a trade to another rebuild.. He would be looking to join a contender only. Those deals and assets are few and unlikely IMO. But not as absurd as some are claiming either.

James opened the door for criticism by his apparent indifference. Only he can close that door this upcoming season. Show me!
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject:

Pathetic thread
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Wonder if James is looking at the Rockets as a "grass is greener" situation?

Joins a near miss contender and gets to play with his buddy Paul. Gets to dump the Lakers FO that has a confusing contradictory plan. Obviously a disgruntled James requesting the trade would be needed.

If he wants to move on this would be the time to get the HOU FO on the phone and get as much as possible.

Capela/Gordon/Rivers or Shumpert/ two 1sts.

Also $36M and a #11 pick (or higher) would go a long way in a rebuild.

Rivers and Shumpert are free agents
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Pathetic thread
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: