LAKERS ARE FINISHED.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
Lock this post its nothing but another knee jerk reaction inspired by hating false news.

Lol more “real” news is breaking by the day. But hey, it’s hating right?
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: LAKERS ARE FINISHED.

King Randle wrote:

Happy you’re able to vent. That’s a step in the right direction. You’re probably going to go through a grieving period...take your time. When we hire Lue, sign a star FA and a couple of shooters and we’re right back contending you should be able to return with the grieving and hurt behind you...you should be good and enjoy the fun. Good luck!

1. No Lue.
2. We already have shooters in Kuzma, KCP, Hart, Bullock.
3. The only all-nba level “star FA” we’ve signed the last couple decades is LeBron.

We need luck.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
LKA wrote:
The worst part is all that tanking left us with Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma.

2 average players who are fragile af and a solid overachieving 27th pick. Wonderful. And here I was hoping for an Embiid. That dream is dead.

The dream is not dead.

Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram are very good young players who will continue to improve and will be instrumental in getting us back to prominence. Damian Lillard and CJ Mccollum didn’t happen overnight, patience people we’re nearly there.

Lillard & McCollum are not leading the Blazers to a title. Bad example.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject:

Return2greatness wrote:
The Lakers aren’t finished, I guarantee it. They still have ownership, and players. They will hire a coach. They will draft a player. They will play games next year and the years after. So they are not finished lol

Clever take. The business of the Lakers will go on, and on, and on, and on... they’ll be fine lol
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
I think it'll be another 5-6 years before we compete. We just suck and no one wants to play here

+1000
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Unless the franchise suddenly moves to Harrisburg or Jacksonville or someplace that isn't LA then they'll always have a massive advantage over 75% of the league. All they have to be is NOT horrible. Unless you think this franchise will forever be the worst run team in professional sports, lighten up.

It was 10X worse when Jimbo and Mitch were in charge, but people forget watching Howard say it was a process after every loss. It would have been great if the media was as false then as it is today, maybe Jeanne would have removed her incompetent brother a lot earlier.
nope. We won chips when mitch was here.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

I've been putting up some game recaps for the first time in years. This moment here used to be us if you can believe it.

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
I've been putting up some game recaps for the first time in years. This moment here used to be us if you can believe it.

Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Honestly the conclusion that I came too throughout this drama filled year is that I'm not a real true die-hard fan that I thought I was. I basically just tuned the Lakers out since Ingram's trade because I hate reading negative Lakers news and seeing other fanbases clown on us.

I'm not gonna allow myself to feel bad and negative over a form of entertainment when the front office is so brain dead. I've been a Lakers fan in the Bay Area for the entire duration (and longer) they've had arguably the best team in NBA history so atleast I'm not a bandwagon fan but (bleep) it.

If any of you guys really feel that bad and frustrated over what's going on then take a step away from it, you're not getting paid from this and we're all Lakers fans because we like watching the Lakers. We don't have to subscribe to all the negativity.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Honestly the conclusion that I came too throughout this drama filled year is that I'm not a real true die-hard fan that I thought I was. I basically just tuned the Lakers out since Ingram's trade because I hate reading negative Lakers news and seeing other fanbases clown on us.

I'm not gonna allow myself to feel bad and negative over a form of entertainment when the front office is so brain dead. I've been a Lakers fan in the Bay Area for the entire duration (and longer) they've had arguably the best team in NBA history so atleast I'm not a bandwagon fan but (bleep) it.

If any of you guys really feel that bad and frustrated over what's going on then take a step away from it, you're not getting paid from this and we're all Lakers fans because we like watching the Lakers. We don't have to subscribe to all the negativity.

I definitely feel where you’re coming from. This season was the least amount of Laker games I’ve ever watched. I tuned out when the AD rumors started to destroy the team. I couldn’t stay invested when I started to feel this going nowhere.

I’m really just here for the drama now. Not basketball. I can’t get excited about the draft and studying prospects because I don’t trust the Lakers to listen to Jesse Buss on draft night again.

I’m really just a fan of a soap opera and not quite Lakers basketball right now.

Here’s hoping it just burns out quickly and soon so this organization can finally learn its (bleep) lesson
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

I definitely feel where you’re coming from. This season was the least amount of Laker games I’ve ever watched. I tuned out when the AD rumors started to destroy the team. I couldn’t stay invested when I started to feel this going nowhere.

I’m really just here for the drama now. Not basketball. I can’t get excited about the draft and studying prospects because I don’t trust the Lakers to listen to Jesse Buss on draft night again.

I’m really just a fan of a soap opera and not quite Lakers basketball right now.

Here’s hoping it just burns out quickly and soon so this organization can finally learn its (bleep) lesson

+1000 on the bolded. At this point its almost a conflicting interest to be both a Lakers fan and a basketball fan at the same time. The product has been truly terrible. Not even a team.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Unless the franchise suddenly moves to Harrisburg or Jacksonville or someplace that isn't LA then they'll always have a massive advantage over 75% of the league. All they have to be is NOT horrible. Unless you think this franchise will forever be the worst run team in professional sports, lighten up.

It was 10X worse when Jimbo and Mitch were in charge, but people forget watching Howard say it was a process after every loss. It would have been great if the media was as false then as it is today, maybe Jeanne would have removed her incompetent brother a lot earlier.

Seriously man. How asinine of a take is that. Everyone always point to the same old, MozDeng MozDeng MozDeng over and over. Sure, they weren't great signings.

But nobody wants to remember, drafting Bynum, trading for Ariza, trading for Shannon Brown, acquiring CP3 only to have the league veto, turning that into Nash and Howard (whom EVERYONE lauded assuming we'd steamroll through the league). Oh, and yep, the 3 finals appearances and two rings.

10X worse (especially given the trainwreck we are now) LOL...what a joke
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

+1000 on the bolded. At this point its almost a conflicting interest to be both a Lakers fan and a basketball fan at the same time. The product has been truly terrible. Not even a team.

Honestly was more fun watching the past three seasons keeping up with DLO, Ingram and Ball's growth plus getting surprise wins then any game after the Anthony Davis trade rumors started.

Although I did go back and watch Ingram's 6 game stretch because BI is my favorite player on the current Lakers.
OdomGrab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Hiring Kidd would be the nail in the coffin.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

If this is the case, then folks like you should never be allowed to criticize the sports media soap opera that we have today. They are giving you guys exactly what you want.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Lock"..........
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

If this is the case, then folks like you should never be allowed to criticize the sports media soap opera that we have today. They are giving you guys exactly what you want.

I honestly can’t say a bad thing about the media right now and I haven’t been. All my criticism has been towards the Lakers. They fully deserve to be lampooned and bashed in the media right now, they’ve really earned it.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject:

OdomGrab wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Hiring Kidd would be the nail in the coffin.

pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

Seriously man. How asinine of a take is that. Everyone always point to the same old, MozDeng MozDeng MozDeng over and over. Sure, they weren't great signings.

But nobody wants to remember, drafting Bynum, trading for Ariza, trading for Shannon Brown, acquiring CP3 only to have the league veto, turning that into Nash and Howard (whom EVERYONE lauded assuming we'd steamroll through the league). Oh, and yep, the 3 finals appearances and two rings.

10X worse (especially given the trainwreck we are now) LOL...what a joke

Right on brand take-wise though.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: LAKERS ARE FINISHED.

OdomGrab wrote:
I know its a worthless topic

Here here.
We're just getting started. Let's go Lakers!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: