Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 246, 247, 248  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
just scanning the box score....all 5 runs unearned?

Yes, this one isn't on the pen tonight, though Alexander should not have come in. Turner had a routine double play ball that he instead threw into right field to open the floodgates.

sounds like one of those games that will eat at you more than just a normal loss
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
just scanning the box score....all 5 runs unearned?

Yes, this one isn't on the pen tonight, though Alexander should not have come in. Turner had a routine double play ball that he instead threw into right field to open the floodgates.

sounds like one of those games that will eat at you more than just a normal loss

That and the previous grand slam that came after two bunt singles (the last time Kenley pitched) could just about ruin team morale.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Ryu no-hitter broken up by Parra. Hate that dude.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) Parra. Ryu took that no-no to 8th again, last time he did it vs Cincy a few years back. Corey came through w/ that grand slam!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Ryu at Dodgers Stadium is tight.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Ryu is on another level this year.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject:

Urias arrested on suspicion of domestic battery

Quote:
Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Julio Urias was arrested Monday night on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic violence/battery, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

Police said the arrest stemmed from an incident between Urias, 22, and a woman in the parking lot of the Beverly Center, a shopping area, at 7:30 p.m. PT.

LINK
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

Seems like a misdemeanor where he shoved his girlfriend (this isn't an Addison Russell situation). She doesn't want to press charges. Still sucks.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Seems like a misdemeanor where he shoved his girlfriend (this isn't an Addison Russell situation). She doesn't want to press charges. Still sucks.

read they have video of him shoving her to the ground which is much worse optics than a simple shove.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

I guess I will reserve total judgment until I have seen the video (if it comes out), but this thing with Urias, damn, this sucks. I mean, what is management going to do? Are there varying degrees of DV? OK, so he didn't punch her, maybe he didn't kick her, maybe he "just" shoved her down, but how are they going to handle this? Immediate release? Team-imposed suspension and then MLB suspends him for the 60 days or whatever it is? And then do they want him back? They backed out of the Aroldis Chapman trade due to his DV case, remember.

This might not be a Tyreek Hill-level situation, and maybe it's like the Larry Baer incident, but I suspect it's a bit more than that.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

MLB needs to hand down a punishment. If the Dodgers release him, 29 other clubs will race to sign him within the hour.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I guess I will reserve total judgment until I have seen the video (if it comes out), but this thing with Urias, damn, this sucks. I mean, what is management going to do? Are there varying degrees of DV? OK, so he didn't punch her, maybe he didn't kick her, maybe he "just" shoved her down, but how are they going to handle this? Immediate release? Team-imposed suspension and then MLB suspends him for the 60 days or whatever it is? And then do they want him back? They backed out of the Aroldis Chapman trade due to his DV case, remember.

This might not be a Tyreek Hill-level situation, and maybe it's like the Larry Baer incident, but I suspect it's a bit more than that.

I think there is a good chance that the Dodgers have way too much invested to let him go - that is assuming that there is nothing really horrible about his actions beyond some kind of shove - which, yes, is bad enough.

But hey, they didn't want to use him much this year, so, there you go, problem solved.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

He's been placed on administrative leave for 7 days by MLB, which is investigating the matter. After the 7 days, they can extend the leave for another 7-day period, or issue discipline, or reinstate the player.

Bill Shaikin

@BillShaikin
·
16m

Replying to
@BillShaikin
For those asking what the Dodgers are going to do, there is nothing they can do right now. The domestic violence policy is part of the collective bargaining agreement; teams cannot act independently during the league investigation and any possible disciplinary process.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Well, now the Dodgers can sign another free agent pitcher.....
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

in my opinion, there definitely is varying degrees...I mean if he half shoves her and she takes a step and a half back loses her balance and lands on her butt with no clear injury or pain.....that is definitely not the type of action that I think warrants consideration for release of employment.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Hmm. Might see a new Kenley going forward. Touched 96, hit 94 with the cutter a few times, and dropped that slider more than I’ve ever seen him use it. Him and Barnes weren’t quite on the same page but that’s probably growing pains as Kenleys never really given a catcher this many options before. Seems like he’s committed to actually pitching, not just firing his cutter 20 plus times an appearance.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:08 am    Post subject:

^
Didn't see the game, but the velocity sounds nice. We've seen Kenley lose velocity significantly, though, when he has to pitch on back-to-back days. Fingers crossed.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:27 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
Didn't see the game, but the velocity sounds nice. We've seen Kenley lose velocity significantly, though, when he has to pitch on back-to-back days. Fingers crossed.

He looked better but still couldn't get a clean inning. Gave up a double with one out I believe.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

He looked better but still couldn't get a clean inning. Gave up a double with one out I believe.

He gave up a double on a pitch several inches outside that a great hitter just reached out and poked down the first base line. In other words it was a good pitch, unlike whatever it was that Kersh threw straight down the middle that went 441 feet.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Oh, I am here for all of this. Can you imagine Scherzer being on the trade block? Please let this happen...

https://nypost.com/2019/05/15/what-nationals-can-learn-from-yankees-if-they-choose-to-rebuild/
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Maeda strikes out 12 through 6 and 2/3, is shutting out the Padres on less than 90 pitches, the backup catcher due up was 0 for 2, and Roberts pulls Maeda for Scott Alexander anyway. Because, you know, anytime you can bring in a mediocre lefty reliever over a guy pitching a brilliant baseball game, you have to do it. Alexander retired him on a hard grounder on a 3-2 pitch, but not before the 0-2 count turned into a 3-2 count.

Then leading off the 8th, Alexander dropped the ball while covering first base, and now Baez is in. Alexander is the new Baez. I cringe whenever this dude is in the game. Hopefully Friedman will trade him so that Roberts doesn't have that option any longer.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

^
Baez came in and got 3 outs, and it should've been an even easier inning for him than it was. Struck out Myers, then got what should've been a DP ball that Kike threw wide of the first base bag on to finish it off, and then he struck out Garcia. He's our best reliever right now.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
Baez came in and got 3 outs, and it should've been an even easier inning for him than it was. Struck out Myers, then got what should've been a DP ball that Kike threw wide of the first base bag on to finish it off, and then he struck out Garcia. He's our best reliever right now.

If you told me this X # of years ago...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

If you told me this X # of years ago...

I know. I wanted him gone. LOL.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject:

oooh oh -- Cmon relief
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 246, 247, 248  Next
Page 58 of 248
Jump to: