I Formally Apologize to Jim Buss
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D. Sharp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

One thing I'll give Jim compared to Jeanie. At the very least, he knew that there were responsbilities that came with his position. Some of the decisions he made were poor, but he knew decisions needed to be made and things needed to get done.

Whereas Jeanie seems to treat her position as a notch on the belt.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
trablos wrote:
MJST wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I told you guys all along that Jeanie was the problem

Same.

Amazing that Jim and Mitch's plan would have had us in a much better situation right now than the archaic one Jeanie brought back.

What plan? They still thought we were a playoff team up until the LMA debacle, then fell assbackwards into tanking. Let's not pretend they were steering us into clear waters. At least before Magic abruptly quit, we were looking like a team on the rise.

They started building through the draft and stopped really focusing on established stars.

They were building through draft and developing their own stars; DLO, Ingram, Randle, and Zu, almost every position filled.

I believe they would've gotten Zo or DeAndre fox to fit that mold and fill the point guard position.

They hired a young coach in Luke to develop with them and they were on an upward stride

EDITORS NOTE: But all that changed..when the Fire Nation arrived.

Then all that work fell to shambles when the new regime got hired and we went back to focusing on established stars. Our young players were reaching their potential else where and the Lakers were ready to trade all the young talent for Anthony Davis. It isn't hard to see Jim and Mitch's plan, but their plan were ruined.

Yep.
We still had a max slot too. Pretty clear what the plan was. I find it funny that a lot of the past anti "jim/mitch" crowd are giving this debacle of an FO pass after pass after pass when this team is so poorly constructed with an aging all star. Not to mention the amateurish ish thats being leaked on the daily. It starts from the top and it is becoming clearer who the real problem was from jump.

Last edited by Vancouver Fan on Sat May 11, 2019 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
IceInMyVeins01
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

D. Sharp wrote:
One thing I'll give Jim compared to Jeanie. At the very least, he knew that there were responsbilities that came with his position. Some of the decisions he made were poor, but he knew decisions needed to be made and things needed to get done.

In all honesty, outside of the Deng, Moz and Byron contracts, Jim really wasn't doing that badly. A lot of people seem to forget that he was an unprecedented veto away from pairing Kobe with prime CP3. Jim (and Mitch) pulled off a trade that was seen as so 1 sided that the league deemed it necessary to step in and pump the breaks on it. That same team that Jim and Mitch fleeced, GM and all, then went on to make a complete mockery of Jeanie and our current front office. Let that sink in.

As bad as the Robert Sacre era was, Jim still managed to put together a solid young core of D'Lo (20 yr old future superstar) Ingram (20 yr old with All Star potential) Randle (23 yr old with borderline All Star potential) and Zubac (20 yr old with quality starter potential) through it. I know he has to feel a type of way watching his sister come in with a wrecking ball and 1 by 1 let the core he built walk away for peanuts with nothing (yet) to show for it.
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins01 wrote:
D. Sharp wrote:

In all honesty, outside of the Deng, Moz and Byron contracts, Jim really wasn't doing that badly. A lot of people seem to forget that he was an unprecedented veto away from pairing Kobe with prime CP3. Jim (and Mitch) pulled off a trade that was seen as so 1 sided that the league deemed it necessary to step in and pump the breaks on it. That same team that Jim and Mitch fleeced, GM and all, then went on to make a complete mockery of Jeanie and our current front office. Let that sink in.

As bad as the Robert Sacre era was, Jim still managed to put together a solid young core of D'Lo (20 yr old future superstar) Ingram (20 yr old with All Star potential) Randle (23 yr old with borderline All Star potential) and Zubac (20 yr old with quality starter potential) through it. I know he has to feel a type of way watching his sister come in with a wrecking ball and 1 by 1 let the core he built walk away for peanuts with nothing (yet) to show for it.

One other thing that I'd add is that Jim bought into the arrogance of the Lakers and made his silly promise to reach the playoffs. IMO that's why he made the bad deals. Plus, he didn't know how to work the press. Jeanie and Magic were openly and covertly ripping Jim everywhere in public through social media and journalists. Jim just didn't know how to use the press in his favor. It created a perception that Jim was incompetent despite all his success.

Otherwise I'd agree with you. I'd take Jim over Jeanie right now in a heartbeat.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
And I still will give credit to Magic for getting LBJ, just as much as I credit him with the utter failure of this season after getting LBJ too.

LBJ came here because he wanted to be in Los Angeles.

If Magic helped, it would be mostly because Klutch saw a mark who wouldn't stand in their way.

I'm sorry, but that's how I see it.

There are two teams he chose the lakers
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Have I missed it or has anyone entertained the idea that even if Kawhi comes to the Lakers (I hope he does) that it would be out of pure fandom and allegiance to the Lakers as a local instead of all the “incompetence” or perception of disarray in the organization?

What would that really say about the org? I would say pure luck.

Much like how LeBron got here. (If he hadn’t lived here in the offseasons and his media empire needed to be closer, he might be somewhere else?

Just a thought.

Either way I was not in love with Jim and Mitch and I am not with RambLinkiee. Or JeanLinkis. I don’t know, just don’t wanna type the three names.

Bye.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

I don’t really care much about Jim.

But the way Mitch was dragged by the organization was so low.

I’ll also never forget Jeanie being upset that Mitch didn’t tell anyone about his daughter’s severe illness. Supposedly him being so closed off didn’t foster a family environment. Then imply she’s having a tough year too because her dog died. I harp on this a lot because of how ridiculous it all was. So low.

I hate how fans talk about Mitch. He brought championships to this franchise. He made great deals for this franchise. He made moves that were so good the NBA intervened. Unfortunately, he never bragged about anything he did. Maybe that would’ve made the fans show him some respect.

I don’t get how a timeline in a profession like sports would cause good decisions to happen. That’s always how stupid trades and contracts happen.

The game may have passed him by, but he was one of the best GMs in the league hands down. Also, he clearly had to deal with a lot of drama and nonsense from his organization.

Oh well.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

There both terrible I’m good . No apology from me
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Remmeber how bad that FA meeting with LMA? Jeanie blowd it and LMA said " we didn't talk anything about basketball" then Mitch and Jim had 2nd meeting to talk about basketball.

This is why Lebron better recruits hard before those FA meetings begin because with (bleep) show Linda and Jeanie brings we will have no chance to land any big name FA.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:

I’ll also never forget Jeanie being upset that Mitch didn’t tell anyone about his daughter’s severe illness. Supposedly him being so closed off didn’t foster a family environment. Then imply she’s having a tough year too because her dog died. I harp on this a lot because of how ridiculous it all was. So low.

I hate how fans talk about Mitch. He brought championships to this franchise. He made great deals for this franchise. He made moves that were so good the NBA intervened. Unfortunately, he never bragged about anything he did. Maybe that would’ve made the fans show him some respect.

I don’t get how a timeline in a profession like sports would cause good decisions to happen. That’s always how stupid trades and contracts happen.

The game may have passed him by, but he was one of the best GMs in the league hands down. Also, he clearly had to deal with a lot of drama and nonsense from his organization.

Oh well.

I think Mitch is still respected by most of the Laker fanbase. He was a class act caught in the crossfire of a sibling rivalry.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:

Exactly. Don't know why fans are acting like we have to pick a side. Jim sucked. Jeannie sucks. They both suck.

If Dr. Buss was Veto Corleone, then Jeannie and Jim are the Fredo and Sonny of the family. We haven't found our Michael yet.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:

Exactly. Don't know why fans are acting like we have to pick a side. Jim sucked. Jeannie sucks. They both suck.

If Dr. Buss was Veto Corleone, then Jeannie and Jim are the Fredo and Sonny of the family. We haven't found our Michael yet.

+1 on the GF reference.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:

I remember that (bleep). Pathetic
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:16 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:

This is sort of what I'm saying. I thought Jeanie would be our Michael.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject:

I don’t think we should compare Jim and Jeanie directly because they have different roles in the organisation. However, jim’s departure helps us to realise the dysfunction starts beyond the president of front office.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
akk7 wrote:

I remember that (bleep). Pathetic

Same here. This content in hit pieces delivered by Ding, timed to undercut every free agency meeting. This is what turned me against Jeannie. You don't sabotage your employees if you put the organization first.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

I'll never apologize to this idiot!

The contracts he gave MozGoof and Dang (Deng) not only cost the Lakers Russell, it cost them $14mil this year and another $15mil over the next 3 seasons, which will limit the ability to build the roster!

He should never have been allowed out of the BAR. Mitch was 100% better than Pelinka and would have still been here working had he not been forced to work with that BUM!
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:

Oh well.

This is what I hate or don’t get...how?...how can you say Mitch done good things but turn around and say Jim was bad? Mitch couldn’t make those moves without Jim’s consent. Unlike that idiot magic not being at the office they had to work together. Sooooo if you like those rings and championships then you had to like both Jim and Mitch work they done...smh.
That stupid espn ....just stop taking the stuff as gospel Those morons are there to rile the base knowing full well that the person they getting their sauces from can hold hate for the other person looking at you dumb Jenny and magic.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

The contracts he gave MozGoof and Dang (Deng) not only cost the Lakers Russell, it cost them $14mil this year and another $15mil over the next 3 seasons, which will limit the ability to build the roster!

He should never have been allowed out of the BAR. Mitch was 100% better than Pelinka and would have still been here working had he not been forced to work with that BUM!

Moz and deng.....moz and deng...smh. Pretty funny the Nets was able to trade moz fast....we couldn’t wait? Nope that was the jerk Magic’s fault...stop blaming Jim for the magical idiots revenge on russel because his little buddy Byron got fired for doing a terrible job. Also deng? Is he still playing? Oh well he playing for the wolves in 2019 I wonder why since he had nothing left...smh we could have waited at trade deadline atleast but magic tried to be his dumb self and clean house. Moz and deng ....moz and deng....espn needs to feed people more than this narrative. Jim fault on moz and deng but this year we have one year rentals to kc freakin p and got bird brain beasly and added shaq tin a fool himself Mcgee .....
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

Jim was a clown, Mitch was an overall great GM, Jeanie, the jury is still out.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

Magic cost us DLO, not the previous regime. I don’t know how that can be so misunderstood, Magic traded DLO for a hand full of magic beans. That is on him and Pelinka, and only them.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:

The worst team in the NBA under her watch and the jury is still out?
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
trablos wrote:

knicksground.net <------------- is that way

Don't be mad your boy was only good at betting on horse races
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Oh well.

I think Mitch is still respected by most of the Laker fanbase. He was a class act caught in the crossfire of a sibling rivalry.

Mitch may have been a class act but he was also behind on the times. I recall it being mentioned on how he will not be up at midnight on the start of free agency to get the jump on the most sought after FAs.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
trablos wrote:

knicksground.net <------------- is that way

Don't be mad your boy was only good at betting on horse races

I’m not sure what the Knicks have to do with anything. It is the Lakers with the worst record.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8
Jump to: