The RAMBII (Oram: Kurt Rambis could be next Lakers’ President of Basketball Operation?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Linda Rambis is a very good wife. She is supporting and believes in her man. In her mind, Kurt is 100% capable of doing the job, and being great at it. She believes in him, and she is advising Jeannie. Kurt is going to get a chance at this job, whether we know it or not.

Yea.
Happy mother's day to Linda "The Mother of Dragons" Rambis

I heard someone give another great GOT analogy. Jeannie is Stannis, and Linda is Melisandre.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
epak wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Linda Rambis is a very good wife. She is supporting and believes in her man. In her mind, Kurt is 100% capable of doing the job, and being great at it. She believes in him, and she is advising Jeannie. Kurt is going to get a chance at this job, whether we know it or not.

Yea.

I heard someone give another great GOT analogy. Jeannie is Stannis, and Linda is Melisandre.

Oh snap. Who's Sir Davos? Kurt?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
epak wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Yea.

Uhhhh....Magic? I think he is the closest fit. Linda might see Kurt as her Lord of Light.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
epak wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
epak wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Yea.

Uhhhh....Magic? I think he is the closest fit. Linda might see Kurt as her Lord of Light.

LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I couldn't care less about her being a good wife. There are many millions of good wives (and husbands) in the world and being a good wife/husband has absolutely nothing to do with the Lakers. Just want her to know her role and stay in her lane without trying to misuse the relationship/friendship she has with the owner(s) to curry favors and push/keep themselves in management roles.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Sun May 12, 2019 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I couldn't care less about her being a good wife. There are many millions of good wives (and husbands) in the world and being a good wife has absolutely nothing to do with the Lakers. Just want her to know her role and stay in her lane without trying to misuse the relationship/friendship she has with the owner(s) to curry favors and push/keep themselves in management roles.

She is Jeannies best friend and closest confidant. What you want has nothing to do with it. She has the queen's ear. That's just the reality of the situation.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I couldn't care less about her being a good wife. There are many millions of good wives (and husbands) in the world and being a good wife has absolutely nothing to do with the Lakers. Just want her to know her role and stay in her lane without trying to misuse the relationship/friendship she has with the owner(s) to curry favors and push/keep themselves in management roles.

She is Jeannies best friend and closest confidant. What you want has nothing to do with it. She has the queen's ear. That's just the reality of the situation.

That's true... but having Jeanie's ear also has absolutely nothing to do with being a good wife, so I don't know why you keep bringing it up.

I'm down with inventing and presenting her with the "Lakers' Good Wife Of The Year" award if it helps to stop her meddling in business she really shouldn't be meddling in.

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Her deepest loyalties are likely to her husband and her children. Also, she is getting a lot of hate, deservedly so, but she seems like a good wife and mother. She probably REALLY believes in Kurt's ability to do the job.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

True. If it's important to the boss then that's all that matters. I heard Chaz mixed the best spicy margarita in town, and look how far that got him with Jim.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

That's true... but having Jeanie's ear also has absolutely nothing to do with being a good wife, so I don't know why you keep bringing it up.

I'm down with inventing and presenting her with the "Lakers' Good Wife Of The Year" award if it helps to stop her meddling in business she really shouldn't be meddling in.

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Her deepest loyalties are likely to her husband and her children. Also, she is getting a lot of hate, deservedly so, but she seems like a good wife and mother. She probably REALLY believes in Kurt's ability to do the job.

Not sure how in the hell you are coming up with these equivalencies???

What would having Jeannies ear have to do with being a good wife? I'm totally lost. What were you trying to get at with that? You did not make your point well, not at all.

Jeannie trusts her and is relying on her, and she is a good wife who believes in her husband. Jeannie is seeking advice from someone who thinks Kurt has the qualities to be a great PBO. Therefore, Kurt will get a chance.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

True. If it's important to the boss then that's all that matters. I heard Chaz mixed the best spicy margarita in town, and look how far that got him with Jim.

Scouting a race horse is just like choosing a player in the NBA draft.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

What would having Jeannies ear have to do with being a good wife? I'm totally lost. What were you trying to get at with that? You did not make your point well, not at all.

Jeannie trusts her and is relying on her, and she is a good wife who believes in her husband. Jeannie is seeking advice from someone who thinks Kurt has the qualities to be a great PBO.

I thought it was clear. My point is... her being a good wife has absolutely nothing to do with anything Lakers-related at all. So I don't know why you keep bringing it up as if it should justify her meddling in business she has no business meddling with. As a fanbase, we should be collectively hoping that the reports of her meddling in anything to do with basketball operations are NOT true at all... and IF they are true, then we should name and shame her for doing so instead of trying to justify her for being a good wife.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Jeannie trusts her and is relying on her, and she is a good wife who believes in her husband. Jeannie is seeking advice from someone who thinks Kurt has the qualities to be a great PBO.

I thought it was clear. My point is... her being a good wife has absolutely nothing to do with anything Lakers-related at all. So I don't know why you keep bringing it up as if it should justify her meddling in business she has no business meddling with. As a fanbase, we should be collectively hoping that the reports of her meddling in anything to do with basketball operations are NOT true at all... and IF they are true, then we should name and shame her for doing so instead of trying to justify her for being a good wife.

Well I guess you can hope for a happy, feel good reality all you want. The actual reality is that Linda is a prominent voce and she believes in her man abilities. You might not, but Jeannie isn't leaning on you for guidance. They are absolutely related in this case, whether or not you like it, believe it or accept it. This is the reality we are dealing with.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Well I guess you can hope for a happy, feel good reality all you want. The actual reality is that Linda is a prominent voce and she believes in her man abilities. You might not, but Jeannie isn't leaning on you for guidance. They are absolutely related in this case, whether or not you like it, believe it or accept it. This is the reality we are dealing with.

What didn't you get about what I said? I'm not denying that this is a reality we might be dealing with. I'm simply telling ya that I couldn't care less about her being a good wife because if she is meddling with b-ball operations, being a good wife does NOT earn her a pass.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Sun May 12, 2019 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
having Jeanie's ear also has absolutely nothing to do with being a good wife, so I don't know why you keep bringing it up.

Where did I say one has anything to do with the other??? They are independent facts. She has Jeannies ear and she Believes Rambis is competent. If she didn't have jeannies ear it wouldn't make a difference, she would still believe in her man. What exactly is the point you are trying to make here?
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
having Jeanie's ear also has absolutely nothing to do with being a good wife, so I don't know why you keep bringing it up.

Where did I say one has anything to do with the other??? They are independent facts. She has Jeannies ear and she Believes Rambis is competent. If she didn't have jeannies ear it wouldn't make a difference, she would still believe in her man. What exactly is the point you are trying to make here?

I give up.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

I give up.

Look, I think we are on the same page. A great wife believes in her husband, more than anyone else. And many times unrealistically and delusionally so. You can be upset with it and wish it was different, but Linda is Jeannie's top confidant and she thinks Kurt can be a great PBO, no matter how delusional she is, she has the owners ear, so Kurt will likely get a chance at it. I don't think Linda is trying to push a poor candidate (Kurt) on to Jeannie, I think in her mind, Kurt is actually capable of being one of the leagues best PBO's. Im not saying I support it, but I do foresee it with the way the relationships between the groups are. It's the reality we are dealing with.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

I give up.

Look, I think we are on the same page. A great wife believes in her husband, more than anyone else. And many times unrealistically and delusionally so. You can be upset with it and wish it was different, but Linda is Jeannie's top confidant and she thinks Kurt can be a great PBO, no matter how delusional she is, she has the owners ear, so Kurt will likely get a chance at it. I don't think Linda is trying to push a poor candidate (Kurt) on to Jeannie, I think in her mind, Kurt is actually capable of being one of the leagues best PBO's. Im not saying I support it, but I do foresee it with the way the relationships between the groups are. It's the reality we are dealing with.

I guess we are on the same page... i.e., if we think that although this may be a reality we have to live with, it should be 100% unacceptable for Linda to be meddling in b-ball operations.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:52 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

I give up.

I guess we are on the same page... i.e., if we think that although this may be a reality we have to live with, it should be 100% unacceptable for Linda to be meddling in b-ball operations.

Because she's a wife? Or because she doesn't have the skills to?
If the latter? How do we know the latter is true? Just asking. Cuz I dont know much about her in terms of her talents.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:00 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
If the latter? How do we know the latter is true? Just asking. Cuz I dont know much about her in terms of her talents.

The former has nothing to do with anything. As for how do we know if the latter is true... really? C'mon now... even Jeanie admits to knowing nothing about b-ball operations despite her high level of involvement on the other side of the fence... and you think the "manager of special projects", which is just a glorified secretary's title, is going to have the skills or knowledge needed to provide any input input on b-ball operations?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
epak wrote:

The former has nothing to do with anything. As for how do we know if the latter is true... really? C'mon now... even Jeanie admits to knowing nothing about the operational side of the business despite her involvement with other side... and you think the "manager of special projects", which is just a glorified secretary's title, is going to know more or have more skills?

I have no idea what she knows and does.
So you tell me. All I know is that she's been here since the 80s and she met Kurt while working for the Lakers? I dont know what she's been doing since then. You say she's been a secretary. Is that true?
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:16 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
epak wrote:

The former has nothing to do with anything. As for how do we know if the latter is true... really? C'mon now... even Jeanie admits to knowing nothing about the operational side of the business despite her involvement with other side... and you think the "manager of special projects", which is just a glorified secretary's title, is going to know more or have more skills?

So you tell me. All I know is that she's been here since the 80s and she met Kurt while working for the Lakers? I dont know what she's been doing since then. You say she's been a secretary. Is that true?

You are asking me to prove a negative... that is unfair and unreasonable. If you asked me to prove there was a chair in the room, I could point to the chair if one existed and that would be my proof. You are asking me to prove that the chair in the room (Linda) is not capable of providing input into the b-ball operations of this club. Btw, that was an intended pun because she's about as useful to the b-ball operations of this club as a chair.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Mon May 13, 2019 3:54 am; edited 3 times in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:17 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
epak wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
epak wrote:

You are asking me to prove a negative... that is unfair and unreasonable. If you asked me to prove there was a chair in the room, I could point to the chair if one existed and that would be my proof. What you're doing is asking me to prove is that the chair in the room (Linda) is not capable of providing input into the b-ball operations of this club.

Forget the negative.
What does she know? What does she do? What has she been doing?
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:19 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
epak wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
epak wrote:

You are asking me to prove a negative... that is unfair and unreasonable. If you asked me to prove there was a chair in the room, I could point to the chair if one existed and that would be my proof. What you're doing is asking me to prove is that the chair in the room (Linda) is not capable of providing input into the b-ball operations of this club.

Forget the negative.

Here are the contact details for the club. Perhaps, you could direct these queries to them?

Address: Los Angeles Lakers. 2275 E. Mariposa Ave. El Segundo, CA 90245.
Phone: (310) 426-6000.
Email: feedback -at- la-lakers.com
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:20 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
epak wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
epak wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
epak wrote:

Forget the negative.

Here are the contact details for the club. Perhaps, you could direct these queries to them?

Address: Los Angeles Lakers. 2275 E. Mariposa Ave. El Segundo, CA 90245.
Phone: (310) 426-6000.
Email: feedback AT la-lakers.com

OK cool. No worries.
Just thought you had some info on her cuz you seemed so adamant.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:34 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

OK cool. No worries.
Just thought you had some info on her cuz you seemed so adamant.

Well, we have here a friend of the owner...

1) who has apparently never held or been groomed for a position on the b-ball operations side before, either at the Lakers or anywhere else...
2) who has not played the game professionally...
3) does not appear to have qualifications obtained through education (you can look at her LinkedIn page, there is not a single other qualification or previous experience listed)...
4) and is not one of the owner's children who the business was handed down to.

Keeping in mind these 4 bullet points, is there any other reason you can think of for her to involved in b-ball operations? No, right? The owner herself wants to stay out of the b-ball operations and wants to find competent people to manage it. So why is there even a question about Linda? She should not be meddling in the b-ball operations, period, and needs to stay in her lane (whatever else it may be). That should be our collective hope IMO. Also don't think this is one of those instances where you need more info to have an opinion or take a stance.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 17 of 30
Jump to: