KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 639, 640, 641 ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
We don't even know BI's status and if he will play.

I thought we did? The last thing I read said BI's clot issue was not a result of a blood issue but was caused by some abnormality with his bone structure (which he had operated to correct). This means that the clot issue shouldn't recur.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/brandon-ingram-injury-update

Yeah, I still see people comparing it to Bosh which is obviously nowhere remotely similar besides both being blood clots.. The only real concern with Brandon i'd say at this point is how much he is going to be able to work on his game and body this off season.

Agreed. Hopefully he is back to normal ASAP and able to put in work this off-season, he needs it.
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Why leave?

His team is doing better than ours has for near 10 years?

Spurs have been much better than the lakers the last 7 years and he still said he wanted to be L.A.
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:26 pm    Post subject:

LVLAKERFAN wrote:
Why leave?

Spurs have been much better than the lakers the last 7 years and he still said he wanted to be L.A.

Yeah, I mean, he had a championship coach in San Antonio and a team that is a perennial winner. (Imagine the Spurs this season with Kawhi in place of DeRozan; they are at worst the second-most dangerous playoff team in the West.) He forced his way out of there because he simply wasn't happy any longer. Now, if Toronto's medical staff has been amazing for him and if his mind wasn't made up before the season started that he wanted to be in LA, sure, maybe he's reached a level of comfort there that will make him stay, even though he's rumored to hate the cold.

My tea leaf reading on the situation is that it doesn't matter what Toronto does, and that he's going to an LA team. But I obviously don't know, I'm just guessing.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject:

On one hand nice shot on the other hand could you not, we need you to lose so you will come to the lakers please
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
danzag wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
Kawhi is the best player in the league right now

Easily. Amazing stuff

No. 3rd. KD and steph

Lol @ Steph. That is downright insulting to Kawhi.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
I got 1. Giannis, 2. KD, 3. Kawhi.

For me, it's 1) Kawhi... 2) Giannis... 3) KD... 4) LeBron... 5) AD.

I could see that. Kawhi and Giannis are both better than KD on defense. Also, Kawhi is a much better shooter than Giannis. Tough to rank LeBron right now with the injuries and the Lakers not making the playoffs. AD probably rounds out the top 5.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject:

LVLAKERFAN wrote:
Why leave?

He didn't want to be in SA because of how their management treated him. He was upset with Spurs management and Pop. Toronto has been treating him like family.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
I got 1. Giannis, 2. KD, 3. Kawhi.

For me, it's 1) Kawhi... 2) Giannis... 3) KD... 4) LeBron... 5) AD.

I could see that. Kawhi and Giannis are both better than KD on defense. Also, Kawhi is a much better shooter than Giannis. Tough to rank LeBron right now with the injuries and the Lakers not making the playoffs. AD probably rounds out the top 5.

Yeah, you nailed how I feel and ranked them thatta way. We probably should put Steph in there somewhere though.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject:

Please...just KL to the Lakers...just please...
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I'd love to see it, but I couldn't really blame him if he steers clear of us.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah. I think it'll come down to Lakers/Clips/Raptors.

Depends on how they do against the Bucks, but KL has literally had to have 40ppg level games to drag this Raptors team. Maybe having another superstar like LBJ next to him will lessen the load.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Depends on how they do against the Bucks, but KL has literally had to have 40ppg level games to drag this Raptors team. Maybe having another superstar like LBJ next to him will lessen the load.

Siakam is averaging 21 and 7 a game in the playoffs. The notion that he is single handily carrying the Raps is pretty funny.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

it would also lessen the glory. “lessen the load” in this case seems a more attractive strategy for washed lebron, not a top 3 guy in his prime. if he can comfortably score 40 and take his team to the conference finals, why lessen the load? its not too heavy for him. someone like dwade lost in the 1st round two seasons in a row before he called it a day on his prime and “lessened the load.”
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Siakam is averaging 21 and 7 a game in the playoffs. The notion that he is single handily carrying the Raps is pretty funny.

Siakim is helping out no doubt, but it's KL who's carrying the lion's share of scoring in crunch time, playmaking, etc. Pascal isn't that kind of player.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

it would also lessen the glory. “lessen the load” in this case seems a more attractive strategy for washed lebron, not a top 3 guy in his prime. if he can comfortably score 40 and take his team to the conference finals, why lessen the load? its not too heavy for him. someone like dwade lost in the 1st round two seasons in a row before he called it a day on his prime and “lessened the load.”

B/c KL knows it's a long haul and is that something that is truly sustainable? What happens to his Raps if he's not scoring 40+ points last night?
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

There are not many players who would prioritize "glory" above winning, at least not at this level. He wouldn't lose any glory and would probably be our 1st option on a team where doesn't have to kill himself just to squeak by teams. Most players prefer to be surrounded with talent rather than be their teams only chance of winning.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

If you’ve ever lived away from home you’d know money isn’t everything
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

B/c KL knows it's a long haul and is that something that is truly sustainable? What happens to his Raps if he's not scoring 40+ points last night?

it doesn’t need to be long term. just the playoffs. he averaged 26 in the long haul and his team finished with 58 wins. now he’s doing what most star players do and turning up a gear in the playoffs. what happens specifically last night if he doesn’t score 40? nobody knows. but we do know that toronto blew out the sixers in game 5 and he only scored 21.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Siakim is helping out no doubt, but it's KL who's carrying the lion's share of scoring in crunch time, playmaking, etc. Pascal isn't that kind of player.

Lebron is so Leonard might not get many of those opportunities here.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

There are not many players who would prioritize "glory" above winning, at least not at this level. He wouldn't lose any glory and would probably be our 1st option on a team where doesn't have to kill himself just to squeak by teams. Most players prefer to be surrounded with talent rather than be their teams only chance of winning.

Leonard doesn’t have to prioritize either in Toronto
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lebron is so Leonard might not get many of those opportunities here.

False narrative. Case and point: Kyrie Irving.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject:

Right, Kyrie was the one scoring and playmaking in those Cavs playoff games. Lebron was just standing in the corner.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
hype wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
We don't even know BI's status and if he will play.

I thought we did? The last thing I read said BI's clot issue was not a result of a blood issue but was caused by some abnormality with his bone structure (which he had operated to correct). This means that the clot issue shouldn't recur.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/brandon-ingram-injury-update

Yeah, I still see people comparing it to Bosh which is obviously nowhere remotely similar besides both being blood clots.. The only real concern with Brandon i'd say at this point is how much he is going to be able to work on his game and body this off season.

Agreed. Hopefully he is back to normal ASAP and able to put in work this off-season, he needs it.

Recovery isn't going to be easy for him (something he also detailed in his exit interview). He'll have to go through rehab and regain the range of motion of his arm. His shooting motion might also be different. A doctor gave a reasonably good explanation of the surgery and some of the potential roadblocks he could run into. It's actually not a guaranteed solution. He'll have to be monitored carefully so that a recurrence doesn't happen. If it's not genetic and linked to overuse, it's incumbent that the training staff minimize the aspects that led to this. There are so many things here that will have to go right for him to get back to normal, though I obviously wish him the best.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject:

After that celebration last night... he’s not going anywhere if he was asked this morning. Some lucky female android got the nuts and the bolts from that Jordan-like robot named Kawhi.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

We need Kawhi and Anthony Davis!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 639, 640, 641 ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 640 of 878
Jump to: