Jeanie Buss Considered Trading Lebron James because of Anthony Davis Saga
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
governator wrote:
If Phil indeed is Lakers PBO and team Klutch prob don’t wanna share power, I can see Phil trading LeBron for a triangle fit player, DeMar (ouch) but team Klutch prob wanna stay in LA and have LeBron re-routed to the Clippers... this can get really bad for us

Phil will never trade LeBron to the Clippers. But I wouldn't be surprised if he traded him to Boston for Taytum and Brown.

Never mind my conspiracy theory, apparently LeBron approves the coaching hire
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject:

If Phil is the pobo, I'd join those jobless kids at the next protest
THE GOODS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Just say NO to Phil or Kurt being PoBO, please! If the disaster with Melo wasn't enough evidence to not hire these guys, geeze. I don't get the Lakers logic, you signed Lebron. You need to build around him at this point while developing the youth for the future to take over. You're just going to make your star player disgruntled and cause further drama.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:39 am    Post subject:

I would do a sign and trade Bron plus someone for Tobias, Butler and Monroe.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:51 am    Post subject:

Jeanie don't got the balls to deal James. Plus she thinks he is the best player in the NBA.

Lakers need to sell man.

It would serve RP and LBJ so right if we could trade LBJ for AD straight up. Sign KL or KD. Win rings.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:39 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
I would do a sign and trade Bron plus someone for Tobias, Butler and Monroe.

LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:17 am    Post subject:

Uggh. That Nick Wright made a nightmare suggestion on First Things First, saying Houston might give us a call to see if we'd be wanting to take CP3 and partner him with LeBron. Can you imagine us taking on CP3's contract? $38m, $41m, and $44m over the next 3 years... Just no. Hopefully, this never comes to pass... but if LeBron does try to get CP3 traded here, I'd like to see both him and Nick Wright shipped out of LA. LeBron to wherever... and trade Nick for Sarah Kustok.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Mon May 13, 2019 5:31 am; edited 2 times in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:26 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Jeanie don't got the balls to deal James. Plus she thinks he is the best player in the NBA.

Lakers need to sell man.

It would serve RP and LBJ so right if we could trade LBJ for AD straight up. Sign KL or KD. Win rings.

LBJ for AD... you know if there’s a panic trade from owner side, somebody like Pop be like , DeMar, Bertrand and 2 or even 3 first rd for LBJ! And Phil/Rambis be like DeMar is perfect for the triangle, him and Zo be our big guards
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Ramona on 710: "I think whats happened and no one wants to say it, but this is the Lakers passive aggressive way of resetting the LeBron era. Their way of saying we need to empower our young guys and get back to being a team, not just LeBron and the satellites around LeBron."

Welp, let's see how the LeBron/Klutch vs Lakers wars continue.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:
Ramona on 710: "I think whats happened and no one wants to say it, but this is the Lakers passive aggressive way of resetting the LeBron era. Their way of saying we need to empower our young guys and get back to being a team, not just LeBron and the satellites around LeBron."

So they trade a bunch of our youth (DLO, Jules, JC, Nance) to set the table for LBJ (b/c people thought he wouldn't come by himself) only to conclude they need to go young (and now you have BI, then Lonzo/Kuz/Hart all eligible for extension in the near future)?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

So they trade a bunch of our youth (DLO, Jules, JC, Nance) to set the table for LBJ (b/c people thought he wouldn't come by himself) only to conclude they need to go young (and now you have BI, then Lonzo/Kuz/Hart all eligible for extension in the near future)?

This front office, man

Jeanie, Linda and Kurt are the Three (bleep) Stooges
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

FYI this is the same situation the Knicks were in when Phil was in charge, except he couldn't trade Carmelo since he had a no-trade clause and LeBron doesn't have a no-trade clause this time now. LeBron & Klutch HATES Phil, and Rambis is Phil's lapdog essentially. Put it this way, the Knicks are in the position they are in now with 2 max slots to sign Kevin Durant once James Dolan finally fired both Phil & Rambis. So, yes the decision makers Jeanie has entrusted are the ones that James Dolan fired due to how awful they were.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
FYI this is the same situation the Knicks were in when Phil was in charge, except he couldn't trade Carmelo since he had a no-trade clause and LeBron doesn't have a no-trade clause this time now. LeBron & Klutch HATES Phil, and Rambis is Phil's lapdog essentially. Put it this way, the Knicks are in the position they are in now with 2 max slots to sign Kevin Durant once James Dolan finally fired both Phil & Rambis. So, yes the decision makers Jeanie has entrusted are the ones that James Dolan fired due to how awful they were.

Phil was also the guy that signed Melo and gave him the contract. Lol
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

Again... You guys are not getting it...

LeBron was Magic's plan. He is the one who didn't come through on the second star and he quit just like he said he would.

Now Jeannie wants to get back to putting the Lakers first instead of LeKlutch.

I am not sure what's so hard to understand.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

Again... You guys are not getting it...

LeBron was Magic's plan. He is the one who didn't come through on the second star and he quit just like he said he would.

Now Jeannie wants to get back to putting the Lakers first instead of LeKlutch.

I am not sure what's so hard to understand.

Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

Meh. Buss won’t have the guts to trade LBJ. The coach hire coincides with James so I doubt they’ll trade him.

What would it show future FAs? I guess all Klutch clients are out of the pic if they trade LBJ
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

First of all, Ramona said "I THINK." So doesn't mean it's true.

But if it's true, I can understand it. Re: the kids of the past. Who cares about them. I'll take the current crop over the previous crop. And if we get that 2nd star this FA, it's all moot anyway.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

She also continually drawed on the Carmelo era in NYK as a learning experience for Phil Jackson who is now advising LeBron. That in NY they gave CMA a no trade clause, max contract and gave him all the power and it was a mistake, so now Phil knows from experience it's not a smart move to give your superstar all the power.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject:

We should've brought back Phil for Kobe's final prime years instead of MDA.
And we should've hired whoever Lebron wanted for his coach.
Sometimes people make it too complicated. When you have an all time great, give them their coach. And get out of the way.
Grodyman
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

Klutch really dropped the ball, made the Lakers jokes. I'm sure Jeannie is not happy.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

The question now is, if Jeanie has a problem with Klutch, why would she want to commit to the next decade with Klutch by trading for Davis?

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:

Lakers also tried to max him.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:

Lakers also tried to max him.

We have been trying to max anyone that would come for the last 7 or 8 years. Lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8
Jump to: