Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Somebody recommended to me the new Netflix show, "Dead to Me". Christina Applegate as the leading actor, and Linda Cardellini as the second leading actor. Also a supporting role by James Marsden. I caught a few episodes, and it isn't must see TV imo, but so far a decently entertaining show. If you are bored and need something to watch, try it out for a few episodes. The show was recommended to me by a woman, and seems to appeal to women, so might be a good show to watch with the S.O.

We just watched the first episode of that a couple of nights ago. I thought it was done well and it looks interesting. Will be following through to watch more episodes for sure.

The major storyline points start paying off around episode 3 or 4.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I am a Goldbergs fan, but it is on a short leash as the kids are aging out.....assume that was part of why Schooled was created. Overall, it is rare to find a 30 minute sitcom that is actually entertaining season over season.....they almost seem like entertainment of the past. I recall growing up, I lived for Dukes of Hazzard, Cosby Show, Webster, Mr. Belvedere, Silver Spoons, Who's the Boss, Charles in Charge, Growing Pains, Wonder Years, Full House and the 100's of other 30 minutes sitcoms that dominated television on the networks from 8PM-10PM.

I'm a big fan of The Good Place, and more generally of Michael Schur sitcoms (haven't watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine yet). Those are a lot different than the classic sitcoms though, for sure.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

I'm a big fan of The Good Place

I am also, but don't you think it sometimes feels like the story has ran its course at this point? The Jax Jags and Blake Bortles references always crack me up, but I wonder if many viewers that are not sports fans even get it.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Chernobyl. Chernobyl. Chernobyl. Go watch Chernobyl. It's the best show on TV right now.

watched the 1st episode....definitely looks to have potential based on episode 1....once you get past everyone speaks English and do not sound remotely Slavic in speech.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Sneaky Pete season 3 was released on May 10th!!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

The last 10 minutes of the VEEP series finale was solid.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
tox wrote:

I am also, but don't you think it sometimes feels like the story has ran its course at this point? The Jax Jags and Blake Bortles references always crack me up, but I wonder if many viewers that are not sports fans even get it.

Well I guess it depends on your perspective. I thought the Season 3 plot twist (about the scoring system being rigged) was fantastic. I really appreciate the things it says about philosophy and ethics, and that hasn't stagnated at all. But at the same time, I can see the general formula getting a bit stale at this point so I can see where you're coming from too.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
adkindo wrote:
tox wrote:

Well I guess it depends on your perspective. I thought the Season 3 plot twist (about the scoring system being rigged) was fantastic. I really appreciate the things it says about philosophy and ethics, and that hasn't stagnated at all. But at the same time, I can see the general formula getting a bit stale at this point so I can see where you're coming from too.

That did allow for some deep thought about indirect consequences of our actions.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject:

2nd episode of Chernobyl is even better than the 1st. Chernobyl might be the best thing on TV right now.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:23 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
tox wrote:
adkindo wrote:
tox wrote:

That did allow for some deep thought about indirect consequences of our actions.

Yep. I try my best to live ethically (within reason -- I can't give up meat ) and it really captures a lot of things I've thought about. It's a shame not many people have watched the show because I often refer to it frequently as an anchoring point for these kinds of discussions (which come up surprisingly often in my life)
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
2nd episode of Chernobyl is even better than the 1st. Chernobyl might be the best thing on TV right now.

It is the best thing on tv right now....Ribeye decided it needed its own thread, and I agree it is deserving. If you are not watching....do not put it off.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Solid ending to the series. I loved it and we got to see the return of Sue.

Eager to see what Julia Louis-Dreyfus is up to next. I didn't know she was diagnosed with cancer two years ago but I hope she continues acting.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Solid ending to the series. I loved it and we got to see the return of Sue.

Eager to see what Julia Louis-Dreyfus is up to next. I didn't know she was diagnosed with cancer two years ago but I hope she continues acting.

her funeral getting bumped for the passing of Tom Hanks on network news was perfect.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
Although I haven't watched the show, good news for fans of Fresh Off the Boat, it is getting renewed.

However, one of the actors, Constance Wu, has an unusual reaction to the news:
https://twitter.com/ConstanceWu/status/1126960143462219776

Constance Wu’s pet bunny wreaks havoc by pooping all over penthouse

Quote:
Famously difficult “Crazy Rich Asians” star Constance Wu is once again in trouble for treating others like crap — after she rented a fancy Manhattan penthouse for a few months, but let her pet bunny roam wild around the place, leaving the joint strewn with rabbit poop.

Quote:
A second source with direct knowledge of the pet pandemonium confirmed, “The place totally stank, it was disgusting, there were little pellets of poo everywhere, and Constance seemed oblivious to it. She seems to sleep with the bunny, and there was even poop in the bed.”

LINK

wow, she sounds like a disgusting human being....
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Did anyone watch the new series on HBO, Gentleman Jack? I caught the first episode, and have not really formed an opinion....but have seen little to no promotional media related to it.

It's next on my list after watching the latest episode of Barry.

I was about to give up on it....but I have seen a couple flashes of entertainment lately that have created interest and make me believe it has a chance.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Just found out Humans was cancelled. Bit of a shame, I thought it was a better watch than a lot of stuff out there.

It's still weird seeing Katherine Parkinson in something besides the IT Crowd.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Anyone watch the series finale of Big Bang Theory? Thoughts?
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:42 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I thought it was ok. But for me the show never really grew from it's original premise. I basically watched the show out of inertia.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I thought it was ok. But for me the show never really grew from it's original premise. I basically watched the show out of inertia.

yeah, it was not a show I cared about for the last few years...but it would still make me laugh at least once per episode. It stayed on a year or two too long.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I did. I was a fan of the show but I agreed with their decision to end it even though they were still on top. The show made the transition from a bunch of nerdy single guys to 3/4 being married but it seemed like it was running out of places to take it next.

I lost Veep, BBT and GoT all in the same month.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
K2 wrote:
Although I haven't watched the show, good news for fans of Fresh Off the Boat, it is getting renewed.

Quote:
Famously difficult “Crazy Rich Asians” star Constance Wu is once again in trouble for treating others like crap — after she rented a fancy Manhattan penthouse for a few months, but let her pet bunny roam wild around the place, leaving the joint strewn with rabbit poop.

Quote:
A second source with direct knowledge of the pet pandemonium confirmed, “The place totally stank, it was disgusting, there were little pellets of poo everywhere, and Constance seemed oblivious to it. She seems to sleep with the bunny, and there was even poop in the bed.”

LINK

Hope it's exaggerated story. Constance Wu has been the loudest voice in championing Asian inclusion in cinema/TV roles. I respect her
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
adkindo wrote:
K2 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

LINK

Hope it's exaggerated story. Constance Wu has been the loudest voice in championing Asian inclusion in cinema/TV roles. I respect her

I did also and found her very attractive until I learned that she sleeps in a bed covered with rabbit feces.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
adkindo wrote:
K2 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

LINK

Loudest for sure. Not necessarily the smartest IMO. She is a cutie though for sure.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

Since Veep isn't on the air anymore. What We Do In The Shadows is probably the funniest thing on TV right now. Definitely check it out if you haven't yet.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

Finished Season 3 of Sneaky Pete. I enjoyed it but I think the show is nearly done. The way the con went down this season just seemed pretty far fetched.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 3 of 110
Jump to: