Suddenly Luke Walton doesn't look so bad
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject: Suddenly Luke Walton doesn't look so bad

To all the Luke Walton Haters, we just picked up a pair of mediocre coaches on the clearance rack of Target. This team is going to implode next year and we have two more seasons after that with LeBronze and his diva mentality. I bet next year he goes down in game 4 with another groin injury and is out for most of the year. This might sound bad but then you think about the fact that we trade very single young core player for a few broken vets and this team really starts to spin out of control. The good news is that based on what the Lakers are doing, we won't have LeBronze be mentioned as a GOAT ever again. I cannot imagine a worse pair of children to turn over the team to than the Jim and Jeanie show. Never thought I would ever hope for yet another Tank Season, but next year I really think we need to tank for about 3-4 more years and hopefully by then the Lakers will have been sold to someone who actually gives a crap about this team.
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Firing Luke (or "mutually parting ways") was the right move. He simply wasn't good at his job. It's fair to criticize management's process in terms of how they actually went about getting the next coach, for sure. But I'm not going to lose any sleep over Luke's ouster, especially when considering that his group of assistants were beyond pathetic.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Luke should've been fired as soon as we got LeBron. He is the worst coach we've had by a solid country mile.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Luke should've been fired as soon as we got LeBron. He is the worst coach we've had by a solid country mile.

BScott says hello !

Last edited by JeezyXVII on Mon May 13, 2019 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Yeah man, Luke just held a woman down and rubbed his erection against her. He didn't beat the crap out of a woman and kick her in the stomach while she was pregnant.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject:

^^^^ oh god
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Disagree on Vogel. He's better than Luke. He took the Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Allen Heat to 7 games in the ECF with far less talent than what Spoelstra had. And he lost one of those games by one point. If game 7 had been in Indiana he probably would have won.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject:

ducasse2 wrote:
Disagree on Vogel. He's better than Luke. He took the Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Allen Heat to 7 games in the ECF with far less talent than what Spoelstra had. And he lost one of those games by one point. If game 7 had been in Indiana he probably would have won.

I think he has a chance to be OK, though I definitely feel he's a run-of-the-mill hire. I do think he understands defense, and he's apparently been willing to embrace analytics in an attempt to try to run a more modern offense. But that's where my concern lies. We probably need a competent lead offensive coach on the staff, and it's also worth pointing out that Vogel's Orlando teams weren't well-regarded defensively like his teams in Indiana were.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Luke was just too young imo.
I dont think it helps when you were drafted in the same class as the best player on the team.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Suddenly Luke Walton doesn't look so bad

LAL4K3RS wrote:
To all the Luke Walton Haters, we just picked up a pair of mediocre coaches on the clearance rack of Target. This team is going to implode next year

The team imploded last year and that was on Luke. Good coaches are able to hold teams together through adversity, injuries and losses. Luke couldn't. I predict that by mid season next year that it will be apparent just how bad Luke was as a coach. Vogel did much more with less talent in Indiana.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Suddenly Luke Walton doesn't look so bad

OCWA wrote:
LAL4K3RS wrote:
To all the Luke Walton Haters, we just picked up a pair of mediocre coaches on the clearance rack of Target. This team is going to implode next year

The team imploded last year and that was on Luke. Good coaches are able to hold teams together through adversity, injuries and losses. Luke couldn't. I predict that by mid season next year that it will be apparent just how bad Luke was as a coach. Vogel did much more with less talent in Indiana.

Assuming adversity includes the idea of trading the entire team for AD
Hoping for a better year this time around.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Suddenly Luke Walton doesn't look so bad

OCWA wrote:
LAL4K3RS wrote:

slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:55 pm    Post subject:

For all the Luke hate on this board, he got us to be a good defensive team until the injuries compounded around late January. We were also 12th in defense last season.

Luke also trained this team to be one of the best fast break teams in the league this season. Will Vogel be able, or even willing to do the same next season?
kobeslaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
For all the Luke hate on this board, he got us to be a good defensive team until the injuries compounded around late January. We were also 12th in defense last season.

Luke also trained this team to be one of the best fast break teams in the league this season. Will Vogel be able, or even willing to do the same next season?

Quote:
“FRANK VOGEL HAS *THE* BEST DEFENSIVE OPTIMIZATION RATING IN OUR DATABASE AMONG ALL COACHES WITH 2+ SEASONS COACHED SINCE THE 2013-14 SEASON, WITH TANKING YEARS FOR ALL COACHES EXCLUDED.

THIS IS COMING TO A DEFENSE THAT WAS LED BY LUKE WALTON, WHO IN OUR DATABASE RATES OUT AS HAVING *THE* WORST DEFENSIVE OPTIMIZATION RATINGS IN HIS TIME IN LA AMONG COACHES WITH 2+ SEASONS COACHED. WE SAW SOME GLIMPSES OF HIGH LEVEL DEFENSE OVER THE PAST COUPLE SEASONS, LARGELY DRIVEN BY STRONG DEFENSIVE ROSTER TALENT, BUT THIS DATA INDICATES IT’S ABOUT TO TAKE A JUMP.”
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject:

I thought Luke was OK . I wish he had better assistants though.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Every time I think of his in game rotations still looks bad to me .
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject:

It just did not look like a prepared team out there. 20 point leads by the end of the first quarter is scrimmage coaching. If you can’t get folks to buy into your leadership... you get rolled. Same goes for Vogel if he doesn’t inspire wins. This is a results driven league. Luke didn’t get the job done.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Just think about his rotations and everything will be just fine knowing Vogel is here. Worst rotations in history of the NBA by Luke Walton. Worst ever. So for me it looks quite good actually.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Luke would have been gone five games into the season if it weren't for Jeanie. We would have made the playoffs. Call me wrong after we make the playoffs this season under Vogel. Luke is hands down the worst coach in the NBA. Even I would have probably led Lebron and the Lakers to a playoff birth.
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:43 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Just think about his rotations and everything will be just fine knowing Vogel is here. Worst rotations in history of the NBA by Luke Walton. Worst ever. So for me it looks quite good actually.

+1
chains
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: Suddenly Luke Walton doesn't look so bad

LAL4K3RS wrote:
To all the Luke Walton Haters, we just picked up a pair of mediocre coaches on the clearance rack of Target. This team is going to implode next year and we have two more seasons after that with LeBronze and his diva mentality. I bet next year he goes down in game 4 with another groin injury and is out for most of the year. This might sound bad but then you think about the fact that we trade very single young core player for a few broken vets and this team really starts to spin out of control. The good news is that based on what the Lakers are doing, we won't have LeBronze be mentioned as a GOAT ever again. I cannot imagine a worse pair of children to turn over the team to than the Jim and Jeanie show. Never thought I would ever hope for yet another Tank Season, but next year I really think we need to tank for about 3-4 more years and hopefully by then the Lakers will have been sold to someone who actually gives a crap about this team.

100% disagree. Puke was a pushover. Vogel holds players accountable and preaches defense. Its an improvement. Anything but Puke. Kidd is an a***ole. We need a jerk that will take no sh**. We may be surprised. We just need major luck on the lottery and at least one more free agent. Lue and Monty may have been overrated. Lue, perfect place at the perfect time. What has Spoelstra won since LBJ left Miami?

PJ may have been bad in NY, but he made a few good decisions. Remember his first choice for coach was Steve Kerr. He reneged. Now Steve Kerr is looked upon as godly in GS. Even Puke all of a sudden was the best thing since slice bread when he went 31 and 0 or something like that at GS. It was all Puke. Lol

Media is making it look worse than it is. They love to pile on LA, due to years of dominance. Clippers are still the Clippers and all of a sudden they are the model of excellence. Lets not forget Ballmer was forced out of Microsoft. He was moronic as CEO.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:49 am    Post subject:

Luke was incompetent. Remember when he started Deng on opening night instead of Randle or Nance, played him 17 minutes and then we never saw him on the floor as a Laker again? That was the moment we all knew he was a moron. He’s also accused of sexual assault.

Vogel is objectively better.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:58 am    Post subject:

Luke drove me insane. I’ve literally lost more hair over the last 3 years than I ever have. Yes I’m old, but I blame Luke and his moronic game management and high school level game plan.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:18 am    Post subject:

I think people need to simmer down and give Vogel a chance....I do think Luke got scapegoated a bit, but it's also true the team fell apart while he was coaching...the reality is while we probably needed to make a coaching change the real work Pelinka has to do is building the roster...
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:54 am    Post subject:

I have Luke over BScott... that's about it though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: