The Possibilities of a Lebron - Ben Simmons Trade per Tom Haberstroh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

We have not had a team with so many good young players and with this cap-space since ______ (fill in the blank)?

I have no sense what the big free agents think of Ball, Ingram, Kuz, etc. No idea if they are considered a positive, neutral or negative. That said, I doubt anyone is looking at this group and thinking they are on the verge of becoming the next big thing.

I'm reading that LBJ is probably the biggest and best KL recruiter.

Our young guys, especially Lonzo missing 30+ games and BI 23+ games for the 2nd year in a row are not exactly the biggest recruits.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject:

Team isn’t/ hasn’t thought about trading bron. He is happy. The young guys are happy.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

We have not had a team with so many good young players and with this cap-space since ______ (fill in the blank)?

I have no sense what the big free agents think of Ball, Ingram, Kuz, etc. No idea if they are considered a positive, neutral or negative. That said, I doubt anyone is looking at this group and thinking they are on the verge of becoming the next big thing.

Our young guys, especially Lonzo missing 30+ games and BI 23+ games for the 2nd year in a row are not exactly the biggest recruits.

They are Kawhi’s peers, he might miss 20 himself.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

To be fair almost all of Kawhi's missed games this year were precautionary. I think they got the sense early on that he was a one year rental and did everything they could to keep him fresh for the playoffs. I'd say that decision is paying off.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

To be fair almost all of Kawhi's missed games this year were precautionary. I think they got the sense early on that he was a one year rental and did everything they could to keep him fresh for the playoffs. I'd say that decision is paying off.

The bigger point is that when Kawhi plays, he plays at an MVP level.

The Lakers are selling him on coming here, not the other way around.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Lakers will not Trade lebron unless he asks them to.

You don't sign a top FA then trade him. That would turn the Lakers into a no go franchise
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

And to think the offseason has yet to officially start. Gonna be a long one...

"🎤it's a cruel...cruel summer... "
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
What a waste of bandwidth

And brain cells....

Don’t have anything factual to report/discuss??? Not to worry,,,,here is a random crap idea that won’t happen... Go make that video and get them likes!!!
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject:

As much as I’d love us to ship the Lebron circus out of here - Simmons is terribly overrated. And in case you guys forgot, we already have a tall beige PG who regularly hides on the offensive end.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

I can't imagine how trading for Simmons - a guy with no shooting range at all - helps this franchise talent-wise more than retaining LeBron for another campaign. I left that original article unread, the proper treatment of click-bait crap issued this time of year by desperate sportswriters.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
YSong wrote:
What a waste of bandwidth

And brain cells....

Don’t have anything factual to report/discuss??? Not to worry,,,,here is a random crap idea that won’t happen... Go make that video and get them likes!!!

Seriously, angry fans want something to believe that they jump on this made up garbage
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Not a bad trade, Lebron is on the back side of his career and it's all down hill the rest of the way. If there is an opportunity to trade him for a young star you really have to consider pulling the trigger.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
I can't imagine how trading for Simmons - a guy with no shooting range at all - helps this franchise talent-wise more than retaining LeBron for another campaign. I left that original article unread, the proper treatment of click-bait crap issued this time of year by desperate sportswriters.

Well it prevents Lebron from walking for nothing.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
70sdude wrote:

LeBron will retire a Laker.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
70sdude wrote:

Walking for nothing? He's signed here for two more years.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:

Ben Simmons is 22 and won't be an UFA until 2024 whereas Lebron will have retired before then.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
70sdude wrote:

Wow two years of old man Lebron.... Then he walks for nothing or retires... Big whoop. If we don't trade him, we are in for a long rebuild. Keeping Lebron will put us right back where we were with old man Kobe and post old Kobe. Unless some god tier superstar signs here.
Gepetto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:28 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
70sdude wrote:

Ben Simmons is 22 and won't be an UFA until 2024 whereas Lebron will have retired before then.

What about a sign&traded Butler & Simmons for LeBron & Zo?
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:16 am    Post subject:

Some of you give LeBron too much credit. He's the greatest plagiarist in NBA history. His entire career is fake.

If we have an opportunity to rid ourselves of him and get something in worthwhile, we have to do it.

LeBron has never had success without someone else doing all of the work for him.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:58 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
70sdude wrote:

Wow two years of old man Lebron.... Then he walks for nothing or retires... Big whoop. If we don't trade him, we are in for a long rebuild. Keeping Lebron will put us right back where we were with old man Kobe and post old Kobe. Unless some god tier superstar signs here.

Did Lonzo, Kuz, Ingram disappear from the Lakers roster?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Some of you give LeBron too much credit. He's the greatest plagiarist in NBA history. His entire career is fake.

If we have an opportunity to rid ourselves of him and get something in worthwhile, we have to do it.

LeBron has never had success without someone else doing all of the work for him.

Rent free.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Not a bad trade, Lebron is on the back side of his career and it's all down hill the rest of the way. If there is an opportunity to trade him for a young star you really have to consider pulling the trigger.

Until you realize from a cap-standpoint it's nearly impossible. Then I'm sure you'll complain about how Simmons can't shoot.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
70sdude wrote:

Excuse me while I get a map to keep track your post -- it's all over the place.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

My pipe for winning it all is trading our #4 with some pieces to get AD, sign Kawhi or Kyrie in free agency.

My pipe for a reset is Zion forcing his way out of New Orleans, Lebron being okay with going to Phily. Ben Simmons to New Orleans, Bron to Philly, #1 to Lakers and we rebuild around a line-up that features Zion, BI, Zo, Kuz.

I can go either way.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

My pipe for winning it all is trading our #4 with some pieces to get AD, sign Kawhi or Kyrie in free agency.

My pipe for a reset is Zion forcing his way out of New Orleans, Lebron being okay with going to Phily. Ben Simmons to New Orleans, Bron to Philly, #1 to Lakers and we rebuild around a line-up that features Zion, BI, Zo, Kuz.

I can go either way.

To have enough money to sign two more max guys we'll have to trade away almost everyone other than Lebron, unless you're planning on shipping him away too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10
Jump to: