Irving to Lakers? (Windhorst: Magic situation has lowered Lakers on Kyrie's list)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 9174
Location: Maui ...

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Sign Kyrie.

Sign and Trade for Kawhi?





I like it, but.... I love Kawhi and AD more....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 101126

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject:

SHAQ/KOBE=#1 wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
SHAQ/KOBE=#1 wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
SHAQ/KOBE=#1 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Kyrie and Zo would be a great back court. They cover each other’s weaknesses on both ends. I see them having great synergy running the break and in transition


I don't understand why people don't see that. For the same reason Kemba/Lonzo would work too. Lonzo could be a supercharged guard version of Dray Green.

He can’t shoot. And Kyrie and Lebron are both high usage players. We would need to surround them with 3 and D guys.


Kyrie could shoot the 3 at a 40% clip though.

So are you going to take the ball out of Kyrie and Lebron’s hands to run the offense through Lonzo?


The offense doesn't really go through Lonzo in the half court.

So what does he bring next to 2 ball dominant players on the offensive side?


This is why I call him the guard version of Dray Green. Low usage, but secondary playmaker in the half court, rebounder, defender. On fast breaks have him run it down the throat of teams. The 2 weeks b/f he hurt his ankle Lonzo was doing just that. Grab and go finishes of fast breaks.
_________________
Showtime must die.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2002
Posts: 2033

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
SAS basically shot this down today no?


Definitely should plan the franchise's future on Stephen A's anonymous sauces. Time to erase Kyrie's # from speed dial. Yup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ribeye
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2001
Posts: 9206

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
If Lakers get Kyrie, who does Durant even pair up with in NY?


There is another guy who can legitimately be called the best in the game.
_________________
If ever there were a Mount Rushmore of liars, it would be Trump, Trump, Trump, and Trump.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 131994
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:
SAS basically shot this down today no?


Definitely should plan the franchise's future on Stephen A's anonymous sauces. Time to erase Kyrie's # from speed dial. Yup.


SAS did say it was someone in Kyrie’s family
_________________
All gave some,
Some gave all
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ElginBaylor
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2005
Posts: 9603
Location: Hoosier Nation

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:
SAS basically shot this down today no?


Definitely should plan the franchise's future on Stephen A's anonymous sauces. Time to erase Kyrie's # from speed dial. Yup.


SAS did say it was someone in Kyrie’s family


How can SAS know what's going on with Kyrie, when Kyrie is off looking for the edge of the earth?
_________________
Not the real Elgin Baylor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 10756

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Kyrie Irving commits to the Lakers could the Celtics work out a S&T?


Sure

possible but I cant imagine the Lakers and Celtics working out a deal like this. What if the Celtics say, "sure" then the Lakers do their moves to fill our their cap space and when its time to do the trade the Celtics say "F U!" and now the Lakers have no cap space to just sign him out right.
_________________
draft Hunter after trading DOWN with Bulls or Suns for a 2020 1st rounder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2005
Posts: 14362
Location: unfortunately not Los Angeles anymore

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

there's no way in hell that happens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
lakerdynasty5.0
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 4018

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Kyrie Irving commits to the Lakers could the Celtics work out a S&T?


hell^no!
_________________
Starting Lakers Dynasty6.0! NOW!!
------
....." each year in Lakerland is marked by four seasons: Kobe’s Mad at His Teammates; Kobe’s Shooting Too Much; Kobe Leads the Victory Parade; Kobe Receives His Championship Ring."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
coldzim
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 30 Jun 2018
Posts: 44

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kyrie Irving is wearing Lakers gear on NBA 2K19

https://twitter.com/hoopsanalysis/status/1129211470716256262?s=21



lol

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 May 2005
Posts: 815

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject:

coldzim wrote:
Quote:
Kyrie Irving is wearing Lakers gear on NBA 2K19

https://twitter.com/hoopsanalysis/status/1129211470716256262?s=21



lol



I don't get it. It's just a video game? Unless that's Kyrie's online account and he put those clothes on his character?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
M2K
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Feb 2011
Posts: 2010

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
Ramona said Kidd mentored Lonzo last year. If that's true, I seriously doubt the Lakers wanted Kidd on Lue and Vogel's staff if they intended to ship Lonzo out...quite the opposite.


I don't believe Kyrie is coming here... because I don't think the Lakers trade Ball in a package for AD. I think.. its anyone not named Lebron or Lonzo for AD.

If the Lakers trade Kuzma and Ingram...they'll need a SF (Kawhi, Durant, etc).

Who would not want to play with LeBron and AD...??
_________________
A new era of Lakers basketball has just begun!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 7361
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
coldzim wrote:
Quote:
Kyrie Irving is wearing Lakers gear on NBA 2K19

https://twitter.com/hoopsanalysis/status/1129211470716256262?s=21



lol



I don't get it. It's just a video game? Unless that's Kyrie's online account and he put those clothes on his character?


Someone posted official NBA 2k gamertags. Kyrie's gamertag is different.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 28199

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Yea, I believe his tag is Ky1irving
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

4 of 4 🤡s gone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jun 2001
Posts: 1148

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Kyrie Irving commits to the Lakers could the Celtics work out a S&T?


Sure

possible but I cant imagine the Lakers and Celtics working out a deal like this. What if the Celtics say, "sure" then the Lakers do their moves to fill our their cap space and when its time to do the trade the Celtics say "F U!" and now the Lakers have no cap space to just sign him out right.


Isn't a max S&T illegal under the new CBA?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2011
Posts: 2690

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/natesmithnba/status/1129239701716635649?s=21

Kyrie has a different tag. On another note, Ingram’s own tag is his first name completely misspelled.
_________________
Tacos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 29079

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:30 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Kyrie Irving commits to the Lakers could the Celtics work out a S&T?


Sure

possible but I cant imagine the Lakers and Celtics working out a deal like this. What if the Celtics say, "sure" then the Lakers do their moves to fill our their cap space and when its time to do the trade the Celtics say "F U!" and now the Lakers have no cap space to just sign him out right.


Isn't a max S&T illegal under the new CBA?


Yes, Kyrie would be limited to the same offer the Lakers could give him in Free agency, or 4 years and smaller % increases. Not sure what would be the incentive for either Kyrie or the Lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 101126

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:43 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Kyrie Irving commits to the Lakers could the Celtics work out a S&T?


Sure

possible but I cant imagine the Lakers and Celtics working out a deal like this. What if the Celtics say, "sure" then the Lakers do their moves to fill our their cap space and when its time to do the trade the Celtics say "F U!" and now the Lakers have no cap space to just sign him out right.


Isn't a max S&T illegal under the new CBA?


Yes, Kyrie would be limited to the same offer the Lakers could give him in Free agency, or 4 years and smaller % increases. Not sure what would be the incentive for either Kyrie or the Lakers.


Only thing I could think of is getting a big trade exception, maybe a future 2nd round. Not sure why Lakers would do it but that would be the Celts' motivation.
_________________
Showtime must die.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 4043

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

Windhorst on SC just said Magic going on First Take had a big impact on free agency, said Kyrie and Durant watch First Take and watched Magic's segment. He said Kyrie is still open to joining the Lakers and has been doing research about the Lakers, but the Magic situation has put the Lakers lower on his list.
_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YSong
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Sep 2016
Posts: 1705

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Windhorst on SC just said Magic going on First Take had a big impact on free agency, said Kyrie and Durant watch First Take and watched Magic's segment. He said Kyrie is still open to joining the Lakers and has been doing research about the Lakers, but the Magic situation has put the Lakers lower on his list.


Windbag just spinning. No news. At the end of the day it’s about winning and he knows how to do that with LeBron.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
NBALakerLegends
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 864

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Windhorst on SC just said Magic going on First Take had a big impact on free agency, said Kyrie and Durant watch First Take and watched Magic's segment. He said Kyrie is still open to joining the Lakers and has been doing research about the Lakers, but the Magic situation has put the Lakers lower on his list.


Not saying this is false but this sounds so fabricated. How do he know how they feel after watching first take just a day ago?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 4514
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Pass on Kyrie. He will bring the team nothing. Just adding a ball hog on the team. He shot his team out of contention and was a malcontent all season long.

Hope people here don't think he's a viable option to make the team better. He's overrated and he's a malcontent. You might as well bring in Cousins also...then you got the sulking brothers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 26194
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/253881/Rob-Pelinka-Free-Agents-Will-See-Lakers-As-An-Opportunity-To-Win-A-Championship

Windy is just trying to stir the pot... Rob knows players want to come here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YSong
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Sep 2016
Posts: 1705

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Pass on Kyrie. He will bring the team nothing. Just adding a ball hog on the team. He shot his team out of contention and was a malcontent all season long.

Hope people here don't think he's a viable option to make the team better. He's overrated and he's a malcontent. You might as well bring in Cousins also...then you got the sulking brothers.


Who helped LeBron win a ring in Cleveland.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1951

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

That Windhorst segment on SC is now up on the ESPN app.

Just select "Lakers", then select "My News" and scroll to the right, it's about the 6th video to the right with a screencap of Windhorst holding a mic.
_________________
Avengers: Infinity War
Hail Hydra
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB