OFFICIAL Lakers 2019 Draft & Draft Prospects Thread (Lakers Pick #4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Zo and Garland would become a dynamic back court in a few years.

we have 2 guaranteed years left with lebron. unfortunately, we can't wait on their development.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
TheGoat1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

I'm greatly intrigued by Bol Bol. If we keep the pick, they should consider him given that he is truly a first tier prospect that is undervalued at this time due to injury.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
Darius Garland a no-show at the combine per SHAMS.

Quote:
Top prospect Darius Garland has left the NBA Draft Combine, fueling belief among some teams that he could have a promise in lottery, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

Maybe SAS is right and the Knicks want Garland.

Yeah probably NY. So Lakers go for RJ Barrett?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject:

If Knicks draft Garland, RJ Barrett is the obvious pick for us.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Quote:
Top prospect Darius Garland has left the NBA Draft Combine, fueling belief among some teams that he could have a promise in lottery, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

I gotta assume he's going to NY, Chi, or PHX.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Enough with drafting pg’s. Zo just needs another offseason or two to develop his shot. He’s got to learn to shoot however. That’s important otherwise trade him. We do need a veteran backup that can shoot. I thought the rondo signing wasn’t the greatest for that reason. I would’ve preferred they keep IT.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Klutch running workouts.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Quote:

Knicks already had Mudiay, DSJ and Burke. Also, isn't Kyrie suppose to be a Knick?
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject:

I've always felt like KPJ was the biggest sleeper in this draft and who I wanted at 11, but with the real possibility of drafting Garland @4, you can't pass that up. He's your prototypical scoring guard like Dame. He's also the perfect fit next to Lonzo in the backcourt. If we strike out on all the big named free agents like the national media is suggesting, rolling out our improved young core w LeBron isnt a bad consolation prize. Offer up De'Andre Jordan a 1 year deal he cant pass up and sign some shooters and lets try it again. (Disclaimer: I do believe we're getting Kawhi)
-------

G: Darius Garland
G: Lonzo Ball
F: Brandon Ingram
F: LeBron James
C: De'Andre Jordan

How do you guys feel with that lineup with a bench consisting of Kuzma, Bullock, Hart, Wagner, Caruso plus Vet minimums
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
I've always felt like KPJ was the biggest sleeper in this draft and who I wanted at 11, but with the real possibility of drafting Garland @4, you can't pass that up. He's your prototypical scoring guard like Dame. He's also the perfect fit next to Lonzo in the backcourt. If we strike out on all the big named free agents like the national media is suggesting, rolling out our improved young core w LeBron isnt a bad consolation prize. Offer up De'Andre Jordan a 1 year deal he cant pass up and sign some shooters and lets try it again. (Disclaimer: I do believe we're getting Kawhi)
-------

How do you guys feel with that lineup with a bench consisting of Kuzma, Bullock, Hart, Wagner, Caruso plus Vet minimums

if we strike out on max FA, i'd rather trade ingram/lonzo for beal than waste cap space on jordan. we can then sign a stretch big like vucevic.

PG: garland
SG: beal
SF: lebron
PF: kuzma
C: vucevic

much better shooting in this lineup.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Quote:

Knicks already had Mudiay, DSJ and Burke. Also, isn't Kyrie suppose to be a Knick?

None of those guys are worth passing on another guard for outside of Kyrie who isn't on the team.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
Inverse wrote:
-------

if we strike out on max FA, i'd rather trade ingram/lonzo for beal than waste cap space on jordan. we can then sign a stretch big like vucevic.

And much worse defensively.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Klutch running workouts.

Klutch probably has a promise from a lottery team. If it’s the Knicks why work out when you can only hurt your stock. A wise decision but everyone on here with the Klutch hate will try to find something to disparage them
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject:

When do the Lakers start bringing in guys for workouts?

I'm curious to see which guys are in the mix for #4
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
-------

If that's our starting lineup next season I'd be pretty mad.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

ESPN is reporting Grizzlies want Ja Morant
Will2Win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:

Sorry but that is no big shocker, Ja Morant was going to be number 2 no matter what. Just like Zion was going to be number 1
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
Inverse wrote:
-------

how many 2 way shooters are there in the league? that's where vogel's "defensive prowess" comes into play

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Will2Win wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:

Sorry but that is no big shocker, Ja Morant was going to be number 2 no matter what. Just like Zion was going to be number 1

Well I'm hoping the Knicks pass on Barrett for Garland. I'd love to take RJ

I don't think it happens though.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject:

#4 really sucks if you think about it
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
Practice wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
Inverse wrote:
-------

how many 2 way shooters are there in the league? that's where vogel's "defensive prowess" comes into play

He can only do so much lol.

Also, If we were to make a trade for Beal, I would move Kuzma before both Lonzo and Ingram.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
Practice wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
Inverse wrote:
-------

Not a ton but that's the thing. They are essential to winning championships.
Will2Win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Will2Win wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:

Well I'm hoping the Knicks pass on Barrett for Garland. I'd love to take RJ

I don't think it happens though.

I am very very much with you on that, I hope that the Knicks are Knicks and decide on some random criteria rather than Best Available and go for Garland. RJ would fit so beautifully with this team
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Would be funny if we end up sucking for the next 10 years again all because this team doesn't understand how to properly tank.

5 times in the lottery and each time we needed to be selecting higher.

These days I wonder if the Lakers can do anything right smh. Better pray every single night for Kawhi... this #4 doesn't hold much value. The best 3 players will be gone 100% in the top 3. New Orleans don't want this pick or anything to do with us.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Would be funny if we end up sucking for the next 10 years again all because this team doesn't understand how to properly tank.

5 times in the lottery and each time we needed to be selecting higher.

These days I wonder if the Lakers can do anything right smh. Better pray every single night for Kawhi... this #4 doesn't hold much value. The best 3 players will be gone 100% in the top 3. New Orleans don't want this pick or anything to do with us.

Yeah, we need to learn how to tank like the Suns. They won 20 games last season and made out super well last night.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 26 of 49
Jump to: