OFFICIAL Lakers 2019 Draft & Draft Prospects Thread (Lakers Pick #4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
LKA wrote:
#4 really sucks if you think about it

Based on past history they miss a lot. Hopefully the scouting dept knows enough to hit this one

It depends on how you define "a lot". Way more hits than misses over the last 30+ years. #4 has been pretty good. Better than the #2 pick over that time period. Yeesh.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
I don't love any player in this draft except Zion, but for sure there will be others who turn out to be very good. It's interesting that with Durant out, the two best players on every team remaining in the playoffs were drafted after the 5th pick.

I don't understand why every draft, fans take the words of pundits as gospel.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
LKA wrote:
KDB wrote:
LKA wrote:

Jumping 7 spots sounds pretty good to me.

4 might as well be 11 in this draft.

Lol sure

Would u take Rui Haichimura @ 4?

I would...

Only Laker fans would complain about the number 4 pick when we were supposed to have the 11
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:

It’s significantly worse than #11

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
KDB
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Updated NBADraft.net mock has the Lakers taking Hunter at 4.

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject:

KDB wrote:

Were they the one that had us taking Rui at #4 yesterday?
KDB
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Math wrote:
KDB wrote:

Were they the one that had us taking Rui at #4 yesterday?

They had Rui going 4th before today, yeah.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
Darius Garland a no-show at the combine per SHAMS.

Quote:
Top prospect Darius Garland has left the NBA Draft Combine, fueling belief among some teams that he could have a promise in lottery, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

Maybe SAS is right and the Knicks want Garland.

Great, Maybe someone will save the Lakers

Maybe they have secret tapes of Garland playing.

BRENTWOOD ACADEMY highlights?

He’s been in the USA national team program since the age of 14. He’s well known.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject:

The fabled one (or two) player drafts always turn out to be way deeper than expected. When the top guy is so clearly ahead of the rest of the field, others look less appealing by comparison. Also, there are just drafts where players haven't separated themselves by the end of the college season. That's when you need a superior scouting department, which the Lakers have. Think about 2009, which was a one player draft with Blake Griffin. But it turns out the draft also had Steph, Harden, Jrue and DeRozan. In 2012 it was a one player draft with Davis. But you also had Lillard, Beal and Middleton. Even the 2013 draft, which was billed as historically bad, had Giannis, McCollum, Gobert and Oladipo.

Whichever team selects at #4, whether it's he Lakers or someone they trade the pick to, will have a shot at a really good player.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:

Ok, I thought about. No, it doesn't suck. It sounds like your looking at it strictly from a what player is available from the Nos. 4-11 standpoint, while the true value is the flexibility it gives you to add a nice piece or the leverage it gives you in trade negotiations.

Surely a No. 4 pick would bring back more value than a No.11 pick no matter the depth, or lack thereof, in any given draft. So, hell no it doesn't suck.

And, lastly, I'm truly grateful for the pick. That's the true reason, at least to me, it doesn't "suck".

Last edited by LakerDYnasty72 on Wed May 15, 2019 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Clutch24 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
LKA wrote:
KDB wrote:
LKA wrote:

Jumping 7 spots sounds pretty good to me.

4 might as well be 11 in this draft.

LOL -- does anyone watch college basketball -- sheesh. There is infinitely more value at the #4 pick then at the 11th pick on two fronts -- 1) you can choose a top 5 college player (Hunter, Culver etc.) or 2) use this pick as part of a trade package to someone who covets the #4 slot

Exactly. Some sound absolutely delusional.

It’s the internet. Negativity and pessimism gets more attention. Just see all the replies in this thread.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Quote:
Top prospect Darius Garland has left the NBA Draft Combine, fueling belief among some teams that he could have a promise in lottery, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

He’s been in the USA national team program since the age of 14. He’s well known.

Lonzo brother been balling all over since 14 too
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
Sago wrote:
Imo, it’s really just Zion and everyone else. Ja Morant is great but I think he’ll struggle initially due to his weight and lack of shooting.

Garland, before the injury was the #1 PG in the draft...if he’s available @4 ill be really happy. I hope NYk picks RJ

I'm ecstatic at the prospect of having one of Garland/Barrett. Can't complain about that considering we were sitting outside of the top 10 just last night.

For sure... if you gave me a choice of RJ or Garland, ill prob go Garland since I think his game can translate better than Rj especially in terms of shooting which the league is turning in to.

But if NyK takes Garland and we end up with RJ, ill still be satisfied with that vs getting a #11 pick type of player

I don't think NYK will choose Garland over RJ, considering they need that pick for AD.
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
LKA wrote:

Ok, I thought about. No, it doesn't suck. It sounds like your looking at it strictly from a what player is available from the Nos. 4-11 standpoint, while the true value is the flexibility it gives you to add a nice piece or the leverage it gives you in trade negotiations.

Surely a No. 4 pick would bring back more value than a No.11 pick no matter the depth, or lack thereof, in any given draft. So, hell no it doesn't suck.

And, lastly, I'm truly grateful for the pick. That's the true reason, at least to me, it doesn't "suck".

Not to mention as the draft approaches everyone gets more and more hyped about ceilings and workouts and interviews and measurements. #4 has tons of value.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Quote:

Yes. Playing for your dad’s fake JBA Team USA and the Team USA national basketball program is the exact same thing. I’m done here.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Quote:

Lol. What?
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Quote:

Yes. Playing for your dad’s fake JBA Team USA and the Team USA national basketball program is the exact same thing. I’m done here.

Not the same as you bringing up him playing since 14?

You won't change my mind.. guess we will see what kind of player he will be.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Quote:

Not the same as you bringing up him playing since 14?

You won't change my mind.. guess we will see what kind of player he will be.

In the USA program since 14. United States of America not Lithuania
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Would be funny if we end up sucking for the next 10 years again all because this team doesn't understand how to properly tank.

5 times in the lottery and each time we needed to be selecting higher.

These days I wonder if the Lakers can do anything right smh. Better pray every single night for Kawhi... this #4 doesn't hold much value. The best 3 players will be gone 100% in the top 3. New Orleans don't want this pick or anything to do with us.

Stop believing everything the media is telling you. There are really good players in this draft not named Zion, Ja, or RJ. The number four pick has plenty of value and it's on the Lakers to do their due diligence and pick the right guy.

Darius Garland and De'Andre Hunter both can slide into our starting lineup in the backcourt and give it an immediate boost from last year. We're in a good spot.

Personally, I'm leaning towards Hunter, because at 6'7 and 7'1 wingspan, I think he immediately bolsters our back court as one of the premier defensive back courts in the league while also bringing in a versatile offensive game.

Garland is the risky pick since the sample size on him is small, but if he shows out in the workouts, then I feel it would be justified at taking him at 4. He was ranked higher than Ja Morant coming into this season, so you can only wonder what the national narrative would be if he was healthy all season
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Stop believing everything the media is telling you

🤣🤣🤣
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
LKA wrote:
Would be funny if we end up sucking for the next 10 years again all because this team doesn't understand how to properly tank.

These days I wonder if the Lakers can do anything right smh. Better pray every single night for Kawhi... this #4 doesn't hold much value. The best 3 players will be gone 100% in the top 3. New Orleans don't want this pick or anything to do with us.

Stop believing everything the media is telling you. There are really good players in this draft not named Zion, Ja, or RJ. The number four pick has plenty of value and it's on the Lakers to do their due diligence and pick the right guy.

Darius Garland and De'Andre Hunter both can slide into our starting lineup in the backcourt and give it an immediate boost from last year. We're in a good spot.

Personally, I'm leaning towards Hunter, because at 6'7 and 7'1 wingspan, I think he immediately bolsters our back court as one of the premier defensive back courts in the league while also bringing in a versatile offensive game.

Garland is the risky pick since the sample size on him is small, but if he shows out in the workouts, then I feel it would be justified at taking him at 4. He was ranked higher than Ja Morant coming into this season, so you can only wonder what the national narrative would be if he was healthy all season

If Garland or Hunter are starting on the Lakers next season it would only be to tank.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
LKA wrote:

Hunter is a PF/SF bro
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Inverse wrote:
LKA wrote:

Hunter is a PF/SF bro

I too am a big fan of Hunter. I think this lineup, especially under Vogel would be a top 5 defensive team in the league no question.

Dedmon-McGee
LeBron-Hunter
Kawhi-Kuzma
Ingram-Hart
Lonzo-Caruso
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBADraftWass/status/1129105454586630144
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Inverse wrote:
LKA wrote:

Hunter is a PF/SF bro

Hunter D'd up guards, basically whoever the opposing team's best player was
if BI can play the SG as a 6'10 forward and is clearly not the quickest forward around so can Hunter
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 28 of 49
Jump to: