OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1815, 1816, 1817 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
Brandon Ingram is THE youngest player to achieve a top 5% One on One talent grade in our database at @The_BBall_Index (2013-19 seasons). 0 players over that span have a better rating in our One on One metric at a younger age.

https://twitter.com/T1m_NBA/status/1128529412922671104

Sounds like an advanced metric... some people will not be happy.

GT called him worst starter in the NBA at one point cuz of advanced metrics

He was -- at one point.

That point, is not the same point referenced in the statistic above.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
Brandon Ingram is THE youngest player to achieve a top 5% One on One talent grade in our database at @The_BBall_Index (2013-19 seasons). 0 players over that span have a better rating in our One on One metric at a younger age.

https://twitter.com/T1m_NBA/status/1128529412922671104

Sounds like an advanced metric... some people will not be happy.

GT called him worst starter in the NBA at one point cuz of advanced metrics

He was -- at one point.

That point, is not the same point referenced in the statistic above.

Boxscore analysts have their purpose in the NBA...and it should never be within the scouting department.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject:

Those who are hyper critical of Ingram will simply say their criticisms were justified at the time they made them. Which makes drawn out debates with them pointless. They can never be wrong.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Those who are hyper critical of Ingram will simply say their criticisms were justified at the time they made them. Which makes drawn out debates with them pointless. They can never be wrong.

Yea, it's tough. Like many young players the parameters have to be explained. Is one talking about the current state of the player? Are they taking into account the player's development? Do they think the player will not improve?

I think the BI supporters were thinking BI at the young age would improve. Those that are against BI, perhaps they didn't think he would improve? Hard to tell.

And yet there are still some who wouldn't mind trading BI now. Insane
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

health is the biggest concern. he was balling before he went down. but still..he's a ball stopper on offense...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
health is the biggest concern. he was balling before he went down. but still..he's a ball stopper on offense...

any updates???
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:

this part cant be ignored. He clearly is not an optimum fit in a Lebron offense and that gets 5x worse when you then add in Kyrie or Kawhi.
If AD trade doesnt happen I'm all for seeing what we could get for him in a different trade
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

this part cant be ignored. He clearly is not an optimum fit in a Lebron offense and that gets 5x worse when you then add in Kyrie or Kawhi.
If AD trade doesnt happen I'm all for seeing what we could get for him in a different trade

Or let him run the second unit. If we get Kawhi, start either Kuz or Hart and BI plays the Ginobli/Lamar role.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

Man it's the off-season, give the indignation a rest, my god.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

Or let him run the second unit. If we get Kawhi, start either Kuz or Hart and BI plays the Ginobli/Lamar role.

This MF here😂😂
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

Bench BI at all costs!!!
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Umm I was responding to a post.. calm yourself.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

any updates???

Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

Ty Lue had the right idea about staggering Lebron and BI's minutes.
Lakerchaq
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

Nope.. BI produced 26ppg after ASB with lebron playing.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

Lakerchaq wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

Can you tell me the team's record in that span
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

You act like the haters have given trying to trade him a rest.

First it was questioning his skills... now that he proved them somewhat... they continue to go after his health.

Sure, that's a fair concern but it's not like these supporters are debating themselves.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Lakerchaq wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

Can you tell me the team's record in that span

three of those games were with Kuz at center

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/i/ingrabr01/gamelog/2019/#185-190-sum:pgl_basic
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

This MF here😂😂

A poster said they would trade him. I came up with an alternative solution while comparing him to two stars with rings. The Ingram stans search for reasons to (bleep) and moan
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

Not sure hows his health, any updates please but given how he finished last year, this should be his breakout season.
He should really emulate Kawhi. He can play that game, Kawhi is probably a better comparison for him than KD anyway though he is built more like KD.
If everything is okay with his health no reason he shouldnt come back next season with 15-20 extra pounds and averaging over 20 ppg.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

Hope he gained some weight while recovering. He should be close to picking up a ball middle of next month will be 3 months
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

I agree, smartest thing to do if we had both Kawhi, Lebron and BI is let BI come off the bench and try to destroy the other team's bench units or at the very least stagger his minutes where there is never time when atleast one of the big 3 is not on the floor.
But he will be a very expensive 6th man then.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

I agree, smartest thing to do if we had both Kawhi, Lebron and BI is let BI come off the bench and try to destroy the other team's bench units or at the very least stagger his minutes where there is never time when atleast one of the big 3 is not on the floor.
But he will be a very expensive 6th man then.

We have him cheap for another year. Let’s cross that bridge once we get there. We could have Kuz and Hunter/Culver at that time as well so we’d hsve replacements. Having those 5 guys on the wing would be a great problem to have.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject:

After today I'm really interested in seeing how Vogel plans on using Ingram.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
After today I'm really interested in seeing how Vogel plans on using Ingram.

On offense he prioritizes FT's, layups, and corner three's.. in that order.. Ingram should be okay.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1815, 1816, 1817 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1816 of 1885
Jump to: