OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1242, 1243, 1244 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
At any rate, no way we get AD offering only one of Ingram/Ball. Griffin will have to get the package offered midseason at a minimum. Should be easy considering how badly we bid against ourselves the last go around. Can't afford to have another failed AD trade played out in the press.

If the package we offered midseason is the minimum and we all tend to agree that will now include #4, are we certain that Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Hart, #4, and a future 1st for Davis is a good idea? Because I don't think it is.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
At any rate, no way we get AD offering only one of Ingram/Ball. Griffin will have to get the package offered midseason at a minimum. Should be easy considering how badly we bid against ourselves the last go around. Can't afford to have another failed AD trade played out in the press.

If the package we offered midseason is the minimum and we all tend to agree that will now include #4, are we certain that Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Hart, #4, and a future 1st for Davis is a good idea? Because I don't think it is.

It's absolutely a no
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Not sure I do, but the FO will think differently. Ingram is the only one of that group with allstar potential but he has a health red flag. Kuzma and Hart are what they are. I really like Ball, but he's a super role player and I'm not convinced his shot ever gets fixed. The #4 is nice but i don't see potential all-star in anyone other than Zion and maybe Ja. I was very anti-AD trade midseason but i might do it now.

Keep in mind we made that offer with literally no one else making offers. Now we'll have Knicks and maybe Clippers offering. Very easy for Griffin to pretend to like Knicks and Clippers offers more. And our FO could not stand the idea of losing AD to the Clippers (especially if we lose out on Kawhi as well).

Lakers will be offering the full boat, like it or not. We've proven that we're not savvy negotiators. Pelinka getting Kobe some max contracts was not the master negotiator we thought he was.

Last edited by pjiddy on Wed May 15, 2019 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Clippers can make a really good offer for AD

SGA (probably the best chip out there with Ingram's clotting issues and Tatum off the market)
Shamet
Robinson
Harrell
2021 Heat pick

Can make that trade and still have the cap space to sign Kawhi...

Plus the Clippers aren't a team that New Orleans specifically doesn't want to deal with.

And if they really want to say eff you to the Lakers, that's who you trade him to.

Hard to say who/what Griffin/Benson will value. Maybe they love someone at #4 and find that very valuable. Maybe they don't like anyone at #4. I'd bet the Clippers are in the driver's seat at the moment with Boston and the Lakers looking up and the Knicks being the odd man out.

The Clippers do have the pieces to at least make a competitive offer, I feel. I wonder if they will want to do that, though. The Lakers may feel a sense of getting AD to pair with LeBron, but will the Clippers feel that same sense, even if they think they're getting Kawhi? They may not feel that way. They may prefer to sign two max free agents (if they can) and keep their assets, or sign one max free agent and then still have a lot of cap space to sign other valuable players. There's just no way to know.

Clips have to get someone to take Danilo off their hands to have cap space for two FAs. Above AD trade leaves still enough for Kawhi.

And trading for AD might be a better sales pitch to Kawhi than anyone else. There's alpha issues with other potential FAs (Butler, Kyrie). AD wants to be a #2. Clippers would clearly be his team. I think they 100% try to trade for AD if they get Kawhi. Klutch would have a stake in both LA teams.

Correct, they'd have to dump Gallo, but given that he's not a bad player and that he's an expiring, they should be able to do that without dipping too terribly into their collection of assets. They may feel they are better off signing, say, Kawhi and a 2nd max guy, AND having all their assets still left, instead of teaming Kawhi and AD while depleting some of those assets. I don't know that, but they certainly could feel that way.

They don't have as much pressure to try to put a championship team together immediately. We pretty much do, given the LeBron timeline.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject:

I was for the AD deal, not anymore.

We'll snag him come free agency.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:

You renouncing Ingram?
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

SGA (probably the best chip out there with Ingram's clotting issues and Tatum off the market)
Shamet
Robinson
Harrell
2021 Heat pick

Plus the Clippers aren't a team that New Orleans specifically doesn't want to deal with.

And if they really want to say eff you to the Lakers, that's who you trade him to.

Hard to say who/what Griffin/Benson will value. Maybe they love someone at #4 and find that very valuable. Maybe they don't like anyone at #4. I'd bet the Clippers are in the driver's seat at the moment with Boston and the Lakers looking up and the Knicks being the odd man out.

The Clippers do have the pieces to at least make a competitive offer, I feel. I wonder if they will want to do that, though. The Lakers may feel a sense of getting AD to pair with LeBron, but will the Clippers feel that same sense, even if they think they're getting Kawhi? They may not feel that way. They may prefer to sign two max free agents (if they can) and keep their assets, or sign one max free agent and then still have a lot of cap space to sign other valuable players. There's just no way to know.

Clips have to get someone to take Danilo off their hands to have cap space for two FAs. Above AD trade leaves still enough for Kawhi.

And trading for AD might be a better sales pitch to Kawhi than anyone else. There's alpha issues with other potential FAs (Butler, Kyrie). AD wants to be a #2. Clippers would clearly be his team. I think they 100% try to trade for AD if they get Kawhi. Klutch would have a stake in both LA teams.

Correct, they'd have to dump Gallo, but given that he's not a bad player and that he's an expiring, they should be able to do that without dipping too terribly into their collection of assets. They may feel they are better off signing, say, Kawhi and a 2nd max guy, AND having all their assets still left, instead of teaming Kawhi and AD while depleting some of those assets. I don't know that, but they certainly could feel that way.

They don't have as much pressure to try to put a championship team together immediately. We pretty much do, given the LeBron timeline.

Clippers theoretically could fit 3 max players depending on what they do with Gallo and if that 3rd max is Beal or AD.

They also don't need to trade Gallo to a team that can completely absorb his salary. They can still take back a contract and get 2 max players, which makes trading him much easier.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

You renouncing Ingram?

100%

if it comes down to it.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

You renouncing Ingram?

100%

if it comes down to it.

A third straight lotto pick given up for cap space. Lol.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ingram, Zo, Kuzma, Garland/Hunter/Culver > AD.

AD is not Giannis or even Kawhi.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

pjiddy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

You renouncing Ingram?

100%

if it comes down to it.

A third straight lotto pick given up for cap space. Lol.

Cap space to sign AD.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject:

you dont waste assets like that for someone who you can get for nothing in free agency...

...NEXT YEAR
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Lopez with a monster game for the Bucks tonight. Sigh.

Without even going back as far as the DLO deal... we could have easily had:

Lopez | Robinson | Zubac
Julius | Kuzma | Bryant
LeBron | Bullock
Ingram | Hart
Lonzo

But Magic thought he was outsmarting everyone....
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Shamet
Robinson
Harrell
2021 Heat pick

Clippers theoretically could fit 3 max players depending on what they do with Gallo and if that 3rd max is Beal or AD.

They also don't need to trade Gallo to a team that can completely absorb his salary. They can still take back a contract and get 2 max players, which makes trading him much easier.

Yeah that's true, I guess there's a way for them to get 3 All-Stars this summer. Wonder if they will feel like really going for it, if they did have a commit from Kawhi. Still hoping we're the ones with the commit. If so, I think we'd be more likely to get aggressive for AD, as opposed to the Clips. Who knows, though.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Lopez | Robinson | Zubac
Julius | Kuzma | Bryant
LeBron | Bullock
Ingram | Hart
Lonzo

you don't like the Javale signing for the vet min.?
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject:

What the Lakers do with #4 will tell us how confident they are with signing a max FA.

If there is no trade agreed to before the draft, the Lakers still feel they can get Kawhi, Kyrie, or Kemba.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
2019 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Lopez | Robinson | Zubac
Julius | Kuzma | Bryant
LeBron | Bullock
Ingram | Hart
Lonzo

you don't like the Javale signing for the vet min.?

One good move doesn't outweigh the 10 bad ones. Would rather have had Brook/Randle/Robinson. Perfect center depth. Shooting, small-ball 5, shotblocking.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Hero Ball"]
2019 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Lopez | Robinson | Zubac
Julius | Kuzma | Bryant
LeBron | Bullock
Ingram | Hart
Lonzo

you don't like the Javale signing for the vet min.?[/quote

Yeah they got that right, but considering that he's not as good as Lopez, that still takes precedence. No reason they couldn't have had both, also, especially after waiving Robinson. And if McGee had preferred a cheap deal elsewhere because he wanted a chance to start, fine, you have Lopez, so it wouldn't have been a killer.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
What the Lakers do with #4 will tell us how confident they are with signing a max FA.

If there is no trade agreed to before the draft, the Lakers still feel they can get Kawhi, Kyrie, or Kemba.

It may not be that way. In fact, knowing they have a commit from a top free agent may actually embolden them to become even more aggressive for AD.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Lopez | Robinson | Zubac
Julius | Kuzma | Bryant
LeBron | Bullock
Ingram | Hart
Lonzo

Is that the one where Julius opts in this year and kills the potential 2nd superstar?
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
2019 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Lopez | Robinson | Zubac
Julius | Kuzma | Bryant
LeBron | Bullock
Ingram | Hart
Lonzo

Is that the one where Julius opts in this year and kills the potential 2nd superstar?

Nope. That’s the one where we max out Julius and trade LBJ
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
epak wrote:
2019 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Lopez | Robinson | Zubac
Julius | Kuzma | Bryant
LeBron | Bullock
Ingram | Hart
Lonzo

Nope. That’s the one where we max out Julius and trade LBJ

Yikes. Not a fan of that timeline.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
2019 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Lopez | Robinson | Zubac
Julius | Kuzma | Bryant
LeBron | Bullock
Ingram | Hart
Lonzo

If they were worried about that, they simply could have traded him after Dec. 15 for whatever assets they could have gotten. You can't just let a 20 and 10 starter walk for nothing, not at that age, and it looked even worse when the deal he ended up taking wasn't even that good.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Randle is gone. Move on

If he was this amazing 20/10 player how come he’s not getting that 4/$100mm deal?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
epak wrote:
2019 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Lopez | Robinson | Zubac
Julius | Kuzma | Bryant
LeBron | Bullock
Ingram | Hart
Lonzo

If they were worried about that, they simply could have traded him after Dec. 15 for whatever assets they could have gotten. You can't just let a 20 and 10 starter walk for nothing, not that that age, and it looked even worse when the deal he ended up taking wasn't even that good.

Is that the one where we have to attach a pick to get rid of Julius cuz he wouldn't have gotten 20/10 on this team last year? Or the one that Julius does get 20/10 and someone gives us a pick to trade him which pisses off fans for trading away a 20/10 guy mid season?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1242, 1243, 1244 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1243 of 8560
Jump to: