OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1243, 1244, 1245 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Randle is gone. Move on

If he was this amazing 20/10 player how come he’s not getting that 4/$100mm deal?

Only one day Randle learns how to use his right hand like Zion.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Randle is gone. Move on

If he was this amazing 20/10 player how come he’s not getting that 4/$100mm deal?

I don't have a deep desire to re-litigate this, I really don't. It's not about a massive contract. It's about the fact that he was an asset, one they had matching rights on. Talking about a 4 year, $100MM deal is not appropriate, when all he got was a 2-year deal for less than $18MM in total. When has a team simply renounced a solid RFA coming off his rookie contract that had done what Randle did as a starter in his 4th year? Teams don't do that, and for good reason.

I'll finish by saying what I've been saying, which is that if you absolutely felt like he didn't fit your long-term vision, OK, fine, then keep the asset and trade him to at least recoup something. That's what RFA is there for, to help the drafting team.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
2019 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Lopez with a monster game for the Bucks tonight. Sigh.

Without even going back as far as the DLO deal... we could have easily had:

Lopez | Robinson | Zubac
Julius | Kuzma | Bryant
LeBron | Bullock
Ingram | Hart
Lonzo

But Magic thought he was outsmarting everyone....

Is that the one where Julius opts in this year and kills the potential 2nd superstar?

Julius is not opting in any scenario. Either he outplays his 9 million, or his role is so diminished, he's better off going elsewhere and trying to increase his value while he's still young.

And if he was going to opt in? And you can't find anyone who wants him? You package him with the 2nd rounder you gave up for Bullock to dump him.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
What the Lakers do with #4 will tell us how confident they are with signing a max FA.

If there is no trade agreed to before the draft, the Lakers still feel they can get Kawhi, Kyrie, or Kemba.

It may not be that way. In fact, knowing they have a commit from a top free agent may actually embolden them to become even more aggressive for AD.

It is more so if they agree to trade for say Beal before the draft, it means they aren't confident they can get another star FA.

Even for AD, Pelicans would want to decide who is picked at #4 and Lakers would have to construct a trade with enough salary to make it work post FA signings.

One other curve ball is Pelicans might even say AD has to be absorbed into our space on July 1st so that Lakers can't go after another max FA.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
YSong wrote:
Randle is gone. Move on

I don't have a deep desire to re-litigate this, I really don't. It's not about a massive contract. It's about the fact that he was an asset, one they had matching rights on. Talking about a 4 year, $100MM deal is not appropriate, when all he got was a 2-year deal for less than $18MM in total. When has a team simply renounced a solid RFA coming off his rookie contract that had done what Randle did as a starter in his 4th year? Teams don't do that, and for good reason.

I'll finish by saying what I've been saying, which is that if you absolutely felt like he didn't fit your long-term vision, OK, fine, then keep the asset and trade him to at least recoup something. That's what RFA is there for, to help the drafting team.

The "he's not a superstar" line is so obnoxious and poorly reasoned, i have to wonder if these kind of comments are trolling or just truly bad takers making bad takes. You'd think it's obvious that you don't flush an asset down the toilet, but there's tons of people here who think like this.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
epak wrote:
2019 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Lopez | Robinson | Zubac
Julius | Kuzma | Bryant
LeBron | Bullock
Ingram | Hart
Lonzo

Is that the one where Julius opts in this year and kills the potential 2nd superstar?

Julius is not opting in any scenario. Either he outplays his 9 million, or his role is so diminished, he's better off going elsewhere and trying to increase his value while he's still young.

And if he was going to opt in? And you can't find anyone who wants him? You package him with the 2nd rounder you gave up for Bullock to dump him.

So basically we lose just one year of Julius?
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

ChickenStu wrote:
YSong wrote:
Randle is gone. Move on

Perhaps he’s not as valuable as you think he is. Maybe he’s barely worth a 2nd rd pick if that.

Step back and think about it ... Randle + JC should have been enough for PG base on your logic
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

YSong wrote:
Randle is gone. Move on

He might get close that this summer depending on what other max FAs do.

I can easily see him getting 4yrs/80m this summer.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Not trading #4 could also mean NO doesn't want to trade AD until closer to the deadline and we're just gonna sit on it until then.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
YSong wrote:
Randle is gone. Move on

The "he's not a superstar" line is so obnoxious and poorly reasoned, i have to wonder if these kind of comments are trolling or just truly bad takers making bad takes. You'd think it's obvious that you don't flush an asset down the toilet, but there's tons of people here who think like this.

Vucevic is going to get a 4/$100mm deal and no one is calling him a superstar. Yet Vucevic is valued more highly but both are 20/10 guys... why is that?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
What the Lakers do with #4 will tell us how confident they are with signing a max FA.

If there is no trade agreed to before the draft, the Lakers still feel they can get Kawhi, Kyrie, or Kemba.

It may not be that way. In fact, knowing they have a commit from a top free agent may actually embolden them to become even more aggressive for AD.

It is more so if they agree to trade for say Beal before the draft, it means they aren't confident they can get another star FA.

Even for AD, Pelicans would want to decide who is picked at #4 and Lakers would have to construct a trade with enough salary to make it work post FA signings.

One other curve ball is Pelicans might even say AD has to be absorbed into our space on July 1st so that Lakers can't go after another max FA.

Would the trade parameters really change for the Lakers before and after 7/1? It's Ball/#4/Hart/Kuz/Moe/future 1st regardless.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

epak wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
epak wrote:
2019 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Lopez | Robinson | Zubac
Julius | Kuzma | Bryant
LeBron | Bullock
Ingram | Hart
Lonzo

And whatever we could've traded for him.

We gave up Zu, Svi, and a 2nd rounder for 2 months of Muscala and Bullock. Randle would have netted a better player and we retain cheaper tradable assets.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

LakerMindLA wrote:
YSong wrote:
Randle is gone. Move on

Gosh if only I could wager you a few thousand $$$
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
YSong wrote:
Randle is gone. Move on

Vucevic is going to get a 4/$100mm deal and no one is calling him a superstar. Yet Vucevic is valued more highly but both are 20/10 guys... why is that?

Vuc is six years older...?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
YSong wrote:
Randle is gone. Move on

Perhaps he’s not as valuable as you think he is. Maybe he’s barely worth a 2nd rd pick if that.

Step back and think about it ... Randle + JC should have been enough for PG base on your logic

The reports were that we were actually trying to trade him at the deadline when we ended up moving JC and Nance, and were holding out for a first round pick. Teams weren't willing to offer a 1st but at least one team offered two 2nd's, and they turned that down. As Randle kept up his play through the end of the season, there's no reason to believe that teams wouldn't have given up those two 2nd round picks for him. I mean, hey, that's better than nothing, especially considering that we do not have a 2nd round pick this year, as it stands now.

I'm not saying he was a star. The point is that he had some value, and we just let him get away for nothing when we had matching rights, and that's not smart management. And I haven't even mentioned that Randle for $9MM a year would've been a much better way to spend money than what we ended up filling out our roster with last summer.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
YSong wrote:
Randle is gone. Move on

Because a 5 who can shoot is becoming one of the rarest and most valued commodities in basketball? Randle shot 34% from 3 on 2.7 attempts. Vucevic shot 36% on 3.6. Totally conceivable he could hit that number next year.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Would the trade parameters really change for the Lakers before and after 7/1? It's Ball/#4/Hart/Kuz/Moe/future 1st regardless.

Right, and a trade can't be executed until 30 days after the pick signs, if a trade goes down at all, because the pick's salary has to be included for matching purposes. We could get there without the pick if we literally gave them every single young piece, but there's no reason that we should do that and I can't see how the Pels can better such an offer anyway.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
YSong wrote:
Randle is gone. Move on

If only you had a few thousand $$...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
YSong wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
YSong wrote:
Randle is gone. Move on

If only you had a few thousand $$...

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
epak wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
epak wrote:
2019 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Lopez | Robinson | Zubac
Julius | Kuzma | Bryant
LeBron | Bullock
Ingram | Hart
Lonzo

We gave up Zu, Svi, and a 2nd rounder for 2 months of Muscala and Bullock. Randle would have netted a better player and we retain cheaper tradable assets.

Musc really stunk it up Going for the vet did not pay off.
Svi, I liked, but time will tell if he does well.
I wonder if the Lakers try to re-sign Reggie.

Julius would have been a big boost for our team last year. We needed that 2nd center. I dont know how Julius would have handled not starting if he didn't. Would that have meant we would have not gotten rondo? Or Lance and that Kansas State guy? Really interested to see what Julius would have produced here. I believe not 20/10. But are you saying you would have been ok with trading Julius last year?

And I don't think we keep Zu and Svi anyway if we get that 2nd star.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Right, and a trade can't be executed until 30 days after the pick signs, if a trade goes down at all, because the pick's salary has to be included for matching purposes. We could get there without the pick if we literally gave them every single young piece, but there's no reason that we should do that and I can't see how the Pels can better such an offer anyway.

Easier than you think. Woj "leaks" how much David Griffin likes SGA or Kevin Knox or RJ Barrett (or whoever) and how he doesn't think Barrett would slide to the 4 pick. Or that NO really believes they can convince AD to sign if they make a playoff run (which could happen). Our braindead FO panics and offers everything. And Jeanie will tell Ramona to credit Kurt for getting it done.
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Easier than you think. Woj "leaks" how much David Griffin likes SGA or Kevin Knox or RJ Barrett (or whoever) and how he doesn't think Barrett would slide to the 4 pick. Or that NO really believes they can convince AD to sign if they make a playoff run (which could happen). Our braindead FO panics and offers everything. And Jeanie will tell Ramona to credit Kurt for getting it done.

The likelihood of something like this happening really scares me. Griff vs Rambinka is so unfair.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
epak wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
epak wrote:
2019 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Lopez | Robinson | Zubac
Julius | Kuzma | Bryant
LeBron | Bullock
Ingram | Hart
Lonzo

Musc really stunk it up Going for the vet did not pay off.
Svi, I liked, but time will tell if he does well.
I wonder if the Lakers try to re-sign Reggie.

Julius would have been a big boost for our team last year. We needed that 2nd center. I dont know how Julius would have handled not starting if he didn't. Would that have meant we would have not gotten rondo? Or Lance and that Kansas State guy? Really interested to see what Julius would have produced here. I believe not 20/10. But are you saying you would have been ok with trading Julius last year?

And I don't think we keep Zu and Svi anyway if we get that 2nd star.

If you know you're gonna let him walk--which they did--yes, you trade him. And he's a much better player than KCP, Rondo, Lance, Beasley. Svi and Zu probably don't survive an FA acquisition, but at least you see if you get him. Otherwise, keep them. More assets for an AD trade or for someone else. Instead we're throwing Wagner and Bonga into trades--guys wither zero value.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject:

^
They can try to sell trying to keep AD all they want, but let's be real here. As for the other stuff, who knows. I can't say I'm not worried about what our FO may do. There's an avenue where this can be a great summer, but it remains to be seen if we can pull it off.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully it was all Magic.
Please let it have been all Magic.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1243, 1244, 1245 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1244 of 8560
Jump to: