Tyrion

Starks
Sansa
Arya
Bran (prob not)

dark horse Baratheon
Gendry

Feel good ending should be Aegon but shocker ending can be Sansa

It's going to be Bran. This show is nothing but transparent at this point. I'm kind of paraphrasing, but Vary basically said the best ruler is someone that does not want the throne. Who has repeatedly said that he does not "want" anymore? Bran. Bran is going to sit on the Iron Throne. He's the memory of our past - if you do not know history, you are doomed to repeat it. And so on and so forth.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
governator wrote:
So, it comes down to last contenders to the throne

Targaryens
Dany
Jon or Aegon

Lannister
Tyrion

Starks
Sansa
Arya
Bran (prob not)

dark horse Baratheon
Gendry

It's going to be Bran. This show is nothing but transparent at this point. I'm kind of paraphrasing, but Vary basically said the best ruler is someone that does not want the throne. Who has repeatedly said that he does not "want" anymore? Bran. Bran is going to sit on the Iron Throne. He's the memory of our past - if you do not know history, you are doomed to repeat it. And so on and so forth.

yup
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Game of Thrones Fans Are Petitioning HBO to Remake Season 8 With "Competent" Writers

This is so effing stupid, I don't even know what to say.

EDIT: Funny response from Josh Gad
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:

Perfect. In fact so good I'll post it in the political thread.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

First response to that tweet is even better

https://twitter.com/lariskapargitay/status/1128792462129094657?s=21
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

yup

Nope. Hot Pie will sit on the throne. He is Azor Ahai a.k.a. the Pie-er who was Piemised.
Quote:
"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone."

Who uses salt the most? Maybe the best pie-er in Westeros!
"Dragons" are a metaphor. Dragons don't smoke, they know it's bad for them. But guess what do smoke? Ovens, stone ovens, when you leave the pie in too long.
How can you guys be so blind?! Pick up a book on fiction writing sometimes you dummies.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Palin wrote:
Btw "Dany was always evil" is such a cop out.

How is it a "cop out" when people have been saying that very thing since like season 2?

DMR- I respect your takes, so I'm curious how you square the idea that she's always been evil with what we've seen from season 1 up to now in regards to innocent people. Saving the lamb women from the Dothraki, freeing the Unsullied and the slaves of Mereen, and even chaining up two of her "children" in a dungeon because one of them had eaten a little girl.

I just don't believe that she now prefers killing innocents over killing her enemies.

She has an opportunity to kill Cersei by melting the Red Keep, but instead decides to roast an entire city of innocent people ? It's just too much of a leap for me, but I'm curious what the events are from the previous seven seasons that make it believable for you.

I know we're not changing each other's minds on this and that's fine. I'm genuinely curious about what it is that you felt set the genocide up as being in Dany's character.

I'm somewhere in between on this. Though I definitely think she turned, I don't think she was Mother Teresa prior.

What does seem to be a consistent reaction all throughout the blogosphere and the internet -- and even CNN when discussing all the babies named Khaleesi or Daenerys/Dany who might not grow up not liking their names -- is the bitter disappointment the masses had with this turn.

Somehow, logically the turn feels hasty to me, but emotionally it didn't seem out of place. But I guess I parsed the scene less in terms of the congruity of her story arc and more psychologically about how her world seems to have fallen apart. So she became someone who wanted to inflict suffering on a people she felt didn't suffer enough.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
ribeye wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Palin wrote:
Btw "Dany was always evil" is such a cop out.

How is it a "cop out" when people have been saying that very thing since like season 2?

DMR- I respect your takes, so I'm curious how you square the idea that she's always been evil with what we've seen from season 1 up to now in regards to innocent people. Saving the lamb women from the Dothraki, freeing the Unsullied and the slaves of Mereen, and even chaining up two of her "children" in a dungeon because one of them had eaten a little girl.

I just don't believe that she now prefers killing innocents over killing her enemies.

She has an opportunity to kill Cersei by melting the Red Keep, but instead decides to roast an entire city of innocent people ? It's just too much of a leap for me, but I'm curious what the events are from the previous seven seasons that make it believable for you.

I know we're not changing each other's minds on this and that's fine. I'm genuinely curious about what it is that you felt set the genocide up as being in Dany's character.

I'm somewhere in between on this. Though I definitely think she turned, I don't think she was Mother Teresa prior.

What does seem to be a consistent reaction all throughout the blogosphere and the internet -- and even CNN when discussing all the babies named Khaleesi or Daenerys/Dany who might not grow up not liking their names -- is the bitter disappointment the masses had with this turn.

Somehow, logically the turn feels hasty to me, but emotionally it didn't seem out of place. But I guess I parsed the scene less in terms of the congruity of her story arc and more psychologically about how her world seems to have fallen apart. So she became someone who wanted to inflict suffering on a people she felt didn't suffer enough.

You know my feelings on this (I'm in the WTF?! camp). But the author did warn us in an interview to listen to Ramsey's line, "if you think this has a happy ending, you havent been paying attention"

I did expect something not pleasant - a major character most folks liked being offed again at the last moment. Could have been Jon, Arya, Dany, etc....but I did not expect a hasty turn.

Was having a discussion at lunch this week with a work buddy and we thought had the show developed the turn more, it could have executed a brilliant story line: The rise and fall of a loved figure that slowly descended into the very thing they did not want to become. That's where they were headed, at least. But, to quote Bob Uecker from "Major League", the execution was "JUST a bit outside..." (like 10 feet outside the strike zone) for many
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

First response to that tweet is even better

https://twitter.com/lariskapargitay/status/1128792462129094657?s=21

This . If anyone told me to effectively "find something better to do with your time", I'd look them dead in the eyes and tell them to go (bleep) themselves.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
governator wrote:

Targaryens
Dany
Jon or Aegon

Lannister
Tyrion

Starks
Sansa
Arya
Bran (prob not)

dark horse Baratheon
Gendry

That could potentially cause many to even go greater dracarys on the show then happened this week. Potential melt down of beyond epic proportions.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Who thinks Tyrion dies in the next episode?? He betrayed Daenerys. I think either he gets executed, or he and Sansa end up ruling the iron throne together.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:27 am    Post subject:

I think Dany snapping would've been more convincing if the showrunners ordered events differently.
Keep either Rhaegal or Missandei alive till after the bells ring. Then, in front of Dany, have either Cersei kill Missandei in the Red Keep or Euron shoot Rhaegal out of the sky (maybe with Jon riding him).

Madness is more convincing/relatable when a traumatic event immediately causes the snap.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:08 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
governator wrote:

Targaryens
Dany
Jon or Aegon

Lannister
Tyrion

Starks
Sansa
Arya
Bran (prob not)

dark horse Baratheon
Gendry

That could potentially cause many to even go greater dracarys on the show then happened this week. Potential melt down of beyond epic proportions.

They prob save multiple shockers for the finale... Somebody gonna kill the last dragon (prob Aegon), Dany gonna kill Tyrion before somebody kill her, Cersei somehow survive the ruins then go on to face the Starks girls, it's gonna be a mess but c'mon, Bran... dude useless
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Who thinks Tyrion dies in the next episode?? He betrayed Daenerys. I think either he gets executed, or he and Sansa end up ruling the iron throne together.

btw, where did he end up last episode? The last I recall seeing him was walking through the burning whole in the wall.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

Anyone pissed about having a baby named after what turned out to be the Mad Queen needs to take a step back and understand what a stupid decision they made in the first place.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
governator wrote:

Targaryens
Dany
Jon or Aegon

Lannister
Tyrion

Starks
Sansa
Arya
Bran (prob not)

dark horse Baratheon
Gendry

yup

Why are you two so convinced the best ruler would be the one chosen for this story?
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Ted wrote:

btw, where did he end up last episode? The last I recall seeing him was walking through the burning whole in the wall.

He was somewhere in where he could see the bell I think. I think the preview shows him moving through the ruins still in the city.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
governator wrote:

Targaryens
Dany
Jon or Aegon

Lannister
Tyrion

Starks
Sansa
Arya
Bran (prob not)

dark horse Baratheon
Gendry

yup

Why are you two so convinced the best ruler would be the one chosen for this story?

I don't necessarily see him as best, just fits all the pieces and the way they've been moving them.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

its not gonna be bran man.

the obvious pick is jon of course, but if it's not jon it comes down to sansa and tyrion.

Assuming they kill off dany. I'm still a dany fan so hoping for her to win but if it's not dany then my money is on tyrion

tyrion has basically been the protagonist if the show...
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject:

^Tyrion will either be dead, executed for treason by Dany, or acting as some advisor. (or drunk in a brothel, a warm mouth wrapped around his (bleep).) Jon will never be king, i don't know how much clearer the show can make it. He'll probably k.o. Dany and then (bleep) off back to the north where he belongs. we've had 999 commanders of the night's watch - my bet is he becomes number 1000 before he becomes the King.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I think Dany snapping would've been more convincing if the showrunners ordered events differently.
Keep either Rhaegal or Missandei alive till after the bells ring. Then, in front of Dany, have either Cersei kill Missandei in the Red Keep or Euron shoot Rhaegal out of the sky (maybe with Jon riding him).

Madness is more convincing/relatable when a traumatic event immediately causes the snap.

Totally agree. I think the best scenario would've been that the bells ring and yet Euron shoots Rhaegal down after the supposed ceasefire. It'd make her vengeance on innocents a little bit more nuanced, if still ultimately monstrous.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

I don't necessarily see him as best, just fits all the pieces and the way they've been moving them.

Maybe in recent episodes. If that's the way they go, that would certainly jump into the lead as one of the least interesting ways to end the series. Not good, not bad, just "Really? . . . that's the way you wanna go out?"
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Bol wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Had the dragon turned a person into a unicorn, I probably would not be watching, so that is just a poor example. But, back to the point, you think it is fine for a saga to have a dragon and for a dragon to breathe fire, but you don't think a dragon can breathe fire with significant force. Why? The capabilities of a dragon, what a dragon can do and can't, is beyond my expertise and reasoning ability.

The problem with the dragon blowing down 1,000 foot stone fortifications and whether the force involved was "possible" or not. The problem is the capriciousness with that ability throughout the series. If the dragons had always been able to do that kind of destruction, every previous battle they were in would have a had different outcome. It's not about what fantasy gets away with, it's about the consistency in regards to the conventions a particular fantasy setup.

Look at this way . . . what if during the battle with the Whites all of a sudden dragon glass could not only kill a White, but it would also send off off a shockwavethat would kill all Whites within a 100 feet when that was not something that ever happened before or was explained?

I think it’s kinda ridiculous to have such a major problem with the capabilities of a dragon in a fictional world. But if we’re gonna go down that path, I don’t even think it’s out of character for Drogon to be able to do what he did. Dragons never stop growing when they are unchained and free. Drogon was never held in captivity like his sibling dragons. Also, he is supposed to be the reincarnation of the greatest dragon to ever appear in Westeros. He is already bigger and more powerful than the other dragons both naturally and due to never being in captivity, he’s the strongest he has ever been at any point in the show, and he and his mother are really (bleep) pissed off and motivated to devastate the city. I think it’s fairly reasonable and realistic within the scope of the show. One dragon was killed by a zombie king, the other was severely injured and struggling to fly when it was shot and those dragons were weaker and not strategically flying as Drogon was when attacking the iron fleet and scorpion weapons. We had never had a reason to test Drogons ability to destroy a wall but we did see the other smaller dragons do it and break out of captivity. I don’t see anything that points towards Drogon not being able to do what he did.

You're right. I didn't remember it, but just watched the scene. Season 6, episode 9, the dragons that had been held in the prison in Meereen break through the wall with fire. So much for it being unprecedented. I'm sure no one will admit that they were wrong though.

I was talking with my daughter last night about this absurd conversation, about what a dragon can and can't do. She couldn't believe it. She has not watched GOT but commented that she's heard the worst part about the show is the fans. I'll leave it at that.

You know what’s absurd? Continuing to have this discussion when it’s been explained a dozen times over that it isn’t about what a mythical beast can and can’t do. It’s about the quality of storytelling in a realm where there is no concern for serving the story as it’s been laid out and anything than can just randomly occur out of convenience versus building a foundation of story points to create a structure that supports itself on the integrity of its inter-dependent parts.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject:

People who are upset about the way Cersei died are missing the poetic ending of Jamie's and her character. There have been 1 or more scenes throughout the series where Jamie and Cersei express how they came in to the world together and that they love each other, are all each other have and are meant to be together. they came in to the world together. They left the world together.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
^Tyrion will either be dead, executed for treason by Dany, or acting as some advisor. (or drunk in a brothel, a warm mouth wrapped around his (bleep).) Jon will never be king, i don't know how much clearer the show can make it. He'll probably k.o. Dany and then (bleep) off back to the north where he belongs. we've had 999 commanders of the night's watch - my bet is he becomes number 1000 before he becomes the King.

There is no more Night's Watch. The whole purpose was to guard the wall from the army of the dead. That's all done now.

I don't think Bran becomes the ruler. He has basically been a non factor this entire season, to suddenly put him on the iron throne would be so dumb.

Maybe Drogon will sit on the iron throne. I'd be down with that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 237, 238, 239 ... 245, 246, 247  Next
Page 238 of 247
Jump to: