OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1645, 1646, 1647 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:56 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
ibij wrote:
6th pick??? Just wow....
After he went down....lakers went down too

People just hate the kid. His impact for the team was huge I’d only trade him for #1 in this draft

I'd easily trade him for #1 or #2.

But I do like him.

Something about the way he remains calm despite the storm around him just makes me want to root for the kid.

He plays the game the right way and he's very respectful on/off the court.
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:59 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Lonzo and 4 for Ja!

This dude cant hit a free throw, layup nor 3pt shot. Hes more inept offensively than a 4th grader.

I coach 4th grade girls. I have a good team, but Lonzo would clearly be my best player.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:12 am    Post subject:

On the radio they just said Pascal Siakam is a star in the making and I bet a lot fools in this thread would agree with that statement.

Pascal is ending his 3rd season and is already 25 years old.

If he was on the Lakers we would have traded him already and he’d be a bust

Next year Lonzo will be the same age as Siakam was his rookie year.

In 4 seasons Lonzo will be where Siakam is today.

Have some damn patience or we’ll turn into the Thunder. 😂
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
On the radio they just said Pascal Siakam is a star in the making and I bet a lot fools in this thread would agree with that statement.

1 - Lonzo has to make shots. He doesn't have to become Steph Curry, but 38% FG shooting is bad, 32% 3-pt shooting is sub par and 42% FT shooting is you-do-not-belong-in-the-nba-as-a-guard level awful.

2 - Lonzo has to stay on the court. Missing 30+ games per year is a negative and when his injuries affect his summer workouts he cannot really improve his game.

3 - Lonzo needs to figure out a way to reduce the drama around him. Baby Mama drama, Business drama, brother & daddy drama, etc. His mother had a stroke (not his fault) and it was a minor story compared to all of the other crap going on around him. He needs a safe mental space somewhere.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject:

double post
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:

1 - Lonzo has to make shots. He doesn't have to become Steph Curry, but 38% FG shooting is bad, 32% 3-pt shooting is sub par and 42% FT shooting is you-do-not-belong-in-the-nba-as-a-guard level awful.

2 - Lonzo has to stay on the court. Missing 30+ games per year is a negative and when his injuries affect his summer workouts he cannot really improve his game.

3 - Lonzo needs to figure out a way to reduce the drama around him. Baby Mama drama, Business drama, brother & daddy drama, etc. His mother had a stroke (not his fault) and it was a minor story compared to all of the other crap going on around him. He needs a safe mental space somewhere.

1. Lonzo was the best 3 point shooter on the team when LeBron got hurt and his comfort getting to and around the rim seemed to be coming nicely. He will be fine.

2. Not everybody comes into the league with an NBA or an NBA diet. He played 34 minutes per game as a skinny kid because we needed him to. Not a good recipe for a developing body. All his ailments are recoverable without losing any abilities. He will be fine (Most likely, but that is my only concern)

3. Seems to be good where in the Midwest. Nobody talked about this stuff here like they talked before the draft. I only know about it because of this board.

It’s too bad he rolled his ankle because it was really nice in this thread before that injury. Fans have short memories
LakerVenom24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

Lonzo could be great, but as of right now he's a determent to the team based on availability alone. Cant grow and be great if he's not available. Unless something changes in his health, IMO a top 7 pick is just as valuable as Lonzo right now. It's a risk to keep him and a risk to trade him, pick your poison.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

LakerVenom24 wrote:
Lonzo could be great, but as of right now he's a determent to the team based on availability alone. Cant grow and be great if he's not available. Unless something changes in his health, IMO a top 7 pick is just as valuable as Lonzo right now. It's a risk to keep him and a risk to trade him, pick your poison.

Far more risky to trade a guy who’s missed time has almost directly coincided with the collapse of the team, 2 years in a row. A top 7 pick won’t fill that hole.
LakerVenom24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
LakerVenom24 wrote:

Far more risky to trade a guy who’s missed time has almost directly coincided with the collapse of the team, 2 years in a row. A top 7 pick won’t fill that hole.

I see your point. The key here is "two years in a row". If it becomes 3 years in a row all value is lost and he continues to be detrimental. Its a tough situation, they gave up on Dlo too early and it bit them. Like I said, pick your poison. It can end up going either way. Depends on how the fo views him.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

LakerVenom24 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LakerVenom24 wrote:

I see your point. The key here is "two years in a row". If it becomes 3 years in a row all value is lost and he continues to be detrimental. Its a tough situation, they gave up on Dlo too early and it bit them. Like I said, pick your poison. It can end up going either way. Depends on how the fo views him.

They insisted on jKidd being part of the coaching staff even when it meant a coach they wanted walking away. Idk how much more clear the front office has to be that Lonzo is staying. I believe AD trades broke down the first time because Lonzo wasn’t going to be included (at least that was what I remember reading).

Lonzo really is the truth. Something can click and that jumper can start falling like it did at UCLA at any moment. Imo it’s just a matter of time because we have seen glimpses. You just don’t forget how to shoot but he is still a very young player. Imo his body just wasn’t ready for the NBA when he was drafted even though his talent level was. I think that’s the case with a lot of young players, which is why they are often injured and take years to reach their potential.

After what I saw last season though Lonzo and Ingram are ready to break out this year. Trading them would be a mistake.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
LakerVenom24 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LakerVenom24 wrote:

They insisted on jKidd being part of the coaching staff even when it meant a coach they wanted walking away. Idk how much more clear the front office has to be that Lonzo is staying. I believe AD trades broke down the first time because Lonzo wasn’t going to be included (at least that was what I remember reading).

Lonzo really is the truth. Something can click and that jumper can start falling like it did at UCLA at any moment. Imo it’s just a matter of time because we have seen glimpses. You just don’t forget how to shoot but he is still a very young player. Imo his body just wasn’t ready for the NBA when he was drafted even though his talent level was. I think that’s the case with a lot of young players, which is why they are often injured and take years to reach their potential.

After what I saw last season though Lonzo and Ingram are ready to break out this year. Trading them would be a mistake.

I'd trade him for a top 3 pick besides that I'll role the dice and see if Ball can remain healthy

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Fri May 17, 2019 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
LakerVenom24 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LakerVenom24 wrote:

I'd trade him for a top 3 pick besides that I'll role the dice and see if Ball can remain healthy

Wouldn’t even trade Lonzo for Zion. Zion might sell more tickets and make more highlights but ZO gets you more wins. I want to win and I don’t get caught up in all the hype.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
LakerVenom24 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LakerVenom24 wrote:

Wouldn’t even trade Lonzo for Zion. Zion might sell more tickets and make more highlights but ZO gets you more wins. I want to win and I don’t get caught up in all the hype.

Umm yeah I'm not sure Zion can live up to all the hype but if all it costed was Ball to find out, the Lakers would trade him in a heart beat.

Ball is good but between health and poor mechanics his potential isnt as high as Zion's. Ball could end up being better but I don't base my decisions on could, I base it on likely.

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Fri May 17, 2019 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

LakerVenom24 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LakerVenom24 wrote:

I see your point as well. I just think it’s far more risky to trade him than to bet on him staying healthy. We know he isn’t easily replaced, we don’t know if he’ll get injured again.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
LakerVenom24 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LakerVenom24 wrote:

Umm yeah I'm not sure Zion can live up to all the hype but if all it costed was Ball to find out the Lakers would trade him in a heart beat.

Ball is good but between health and poor mechanics his potential isnt as high as Zion's. Ball could end up being better but I don't base my decisions on could, I base it on likely.

Yea I trade Zo for Zion in a second but that’s the only person I would trade for him from this draft
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
LakerVenom24 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LakerVenom24 wrote:

Umm yeah I'm not sure Zion can live up to all the hype but if all it costed was Ball to find out, the Lakers would trade him in a heart beat.

Depends on your definition of better.

Personally, I feel like the media has redefined what it means to be a good basketball player. Most people would agree that James harden or Russell Westbrook are better basketball players than Lonzo ball and I would disagree with that.

I feel that Lonzo ball brings more to the table than scoring or dominating the basketball. I also feel that people like Russell and harden take other players on their teams out of their games and out of rhythm. I feel like they relegate them to catch and shoot players (role players).

The media has turned basketball into an individual sport and puts the focus on Hero ball and individual stats instead of putting the focus on team play. I don’t agree with it and I guess that’s the fundamental difference in most people’s opinions on Lonzo.

Imo he does everything at an above average level except score. However, the importance of scoring somehow outweighs everything else he brings to the table and people would rather trade him for someone that is only better than him at one aspect of the game. To each his own I guess.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Personally, I feel like the media has redefined what it means to be a good basketball player. Most people would agree that James harden or Russell Westbrook are better basketball players than Lonzo ball and I would disagree with that.

I feel that Lonzo ball brings more to the table than scoring or dominating the basketball. I also feel that people like Russell and harden take other players on their teams out of their games and out of rhythm. I feel like they relegate them to catch and shoot players (role players).

The media has turned basketball into an individual sport and puts the focus on Hero ball and individual stats instead of putting the focus on team play. I don’t agree with it and I guess that’s the fundamental difference in most people’s opinions on Lonzo.

Imo he does everything at an above average level except score. However, the importance of scoring somehow outweighs everything else he brings to the table and people would rather trade him for someone that is only better than him at one aspect of the game. To each his own I guess.

I mean you can feel how ever you want but if you think Ball is better than Harden right now you're just wrong. Ill give you that Ball might have a better career than Zion (not likely but possible).

Saying Ball is better than Harden is like saying The Who are a better band than the Beatles... sure The Who are a really good band but they're not the Beatles
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

I mean you can feel how ever you want but if you think Ball is better than Harden right now you're just wrong. Ill give you that Ball might have a better career than Zion (not likely but possible).

Saying Ball is better than Harden is like saying The Who are a better band than the Beatles... sure The Who are a really good band but they're not the Beatles

Like I said, it’s all about perspective. Personally if I was building a team and had to choose between harden and ball I would choose ball. His talents are far more difficult to replicate than hardens. I could easily go get Lou Williams to fill a scoring roll off of the bench.

Also, from a players perspective I think ball is more likely to attract other star players to play with. Everyone feels talented in the nba and I’m sure they don’t work tirelessly at all aspects of their game to stand in the corner and watch harden dance with the ball.

Look at what rosier had to say about Kyrie/Hayward this past season. That’s the most honest I’ve ever heard a player speak on national TV.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Like I said, it’s all about perspective. Personally if I was building a team and had to choose between harden and ball I would choose ball. His talents are far more difficult to replicate than hardens. I could easily go get Lou Williams to fill a scoring roll off of the bench.

If you were the gm of a nba team, you would be fired on the spot if you picked Ball over Harden. That's a fact, you would be fired.

not trying to be mean but your perspective is wrong
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

If you were the gm of a nba team, you would be fired on the spot if you picked Ball over Harden. That's a fact, you would be fired.

I would be fired for financial reasons and not basketball reasons. The line has been blurred.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

I would be fired for financial reasons and not basketball reasons. The line has been blurred.

no you would be fired because you picked a guy who cant shoot the ball over one of the best scores of all-time.

Again I like Ball and thinks he is a good young player but he is far from great.

Harden was the league mvp and lead his team deep into the playoffs for several years. Ball has no where near the impact on a single game that Harden has.

Ill let you have the last word if you want it
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

no you would be fired because you picked a guy who cant shoot the ball over one of the best scores of all-time.

Again I like Ball and thinks he is a good young player but he is far from great.

Harden was the league mvp and lead his team deep into the playoffs for several years. Ball has no where near the impact on a single game that Harden has.

You are comparing someone at 21 vs an established player. You have to compare them at 21 and 21 only, which is an age Harden scored 12 points a game.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

DD20045 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

You are comparing someone at 21 vs an established player. You have to compare them at 21 and 21 only, which is an age Harden scored 12 points a game.

I’m pretty sure he was making the argument Ball is better now not at the same age. That’s crazy talk and I’m one of the biggest Zo fans in here. At the same age, I agree Zo is better and probably by a lot but he’s not close as of now. If 3rd year Zo is better than 3rd year Harden, we are a title contender with or without a max FA.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Obviously you trade Zo for Zion.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Harden was a turnstile when he came into the league.
Lonzo was a horrible scorer as a rookie.

Harden is better than he was. Not hard to imagine Lonzo becoming a better scorer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1645, 1646, 1647 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1646 of 1688
Jump to: