General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 465, 466, 467 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Spence pretty much handed Mikey a nice beating. Really boxed well. Easy work.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Spence called Manny out after the fight. It looks like that may be his next fight. If it happens one thing for sure, Manny will make it a fight.

As big a Manny fan I am, a fight with Spence might just send him into retirement.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Spence called Manny out after the fight. It looks like that may be his next fight. If it happens one thing for sure, Manny will make it a fight.

As big a Manny fan I am, a fight with Spence might just send him into retirement.

Yeah, I don’t think manny at his age can beat Spence nor Mikey. There’s only one last payday, money may rematch
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
trablos wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yeah, I don’t think manny at his age can beat Spence nor Mikey. There’s only one last payday, money may rematch

That's been kicked around. If it happens I think it'll be another snooze fest. I wouldn't buy it.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

Robert Easter Jr and Rances Barthelemy was a snooze fest. It seemed as though they had to much respect for one another. Neither took any chances. It was a boring defensive fight. Split decision draw.

BoxingScene Score: 115-113 for Easter

Judges' Scores: 115-113 for Easter, 115-113 for Barthelemy, 114-114 for the draw

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

Jacobs vs. Canelo this weekend. Jacobs will need to mix it up and bring the fight to Canelo. He needs multiple KDs or a KO to secure the victory, so I hope he makes it an exciting fight!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject:

Any who wants to see the Jacobs vs Canelo fight subscribe to DAZN. Most of these programs have a free period. You can cancel after the fight. I suggest you wait, I believe, the 30 cancellation period. If you're a fan who likes fights try the $8.33 per month for 12 months. They have great contests in boxing and MMA.

I think this will be a good fight. Both fighters have a don't back down mentality. Danny is the bigger man. He's 6'0". Canelo 5'8"

I give Jacobs a good chance but believe Alvarez will win.

Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 12:38 am    Post subject:

My prefight analysis and prediction for Canelo vs. Jacobs: https://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2019/05/canelo-vs-jacobs-prefight-analysis-and.html
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Canelo won a unanimous decision. I think it was the right decision. He was the aggressor.

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

I can live with the outcome I had it 115-113 Alvarez. He needed that last round and imo he got it. You wouldn't know that to listen to his cheerleader Brian Kenny. Jacobs started attacking too late in the fight.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject:

Definitely closer than the unofficial scorecard, but Canelo clearly won.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

These champions fighting once or twice a year is bullcrap, Joshua, GGG, Canelo, Loma, Spence, Crawford need to box 3 - 4 times a year
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

I thought it would be more of a brawl because of their styles.

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
These champions fighting once or twice a year is bullcrap, Joshua, GGG, Canelo, Loma, Spence, Crawford need to box 3 - 4 times a year

Big money fights are hard to put together . Most need a promotional tour and at a couple months in the gym of they are going against a high level opponent. Couple that with a month or 2 to recuperate after their last bout and I can see it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Unless your name is early Mike Tyson fights take a lot out you. Proven fighters are fighting at least 8 rounders. Try shadow boxing for 3 minutes, sit for 1 minutes, get up do it again for 8 rounds, 12 rounds. That's not easy. Now imagine someone is trying to put your lights out. Getting and staying in shape takes more than a notion. I think maybe twice a year is enough.

gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject:

I was mildly rooting for Canelo and his defense was most impressive in this fight.

But I felt if Jacobs had been more aggressive and didn't give up those earlier rounds he could have won. Not that the fight either way was a slugfest. It was far too tactical and technical, hence not enough "action."

But I had Canelo winning 8-4 or 7-5 at worst in terms of rounds.

Bye.
microbe obliterator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Harold Lederman passes away at 79 from cancer didn't feel like a boxing match on hbo w/o hearing "Harold Lederman, how do you have it?!"

R.I.P.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/26725075/beloved-boxing-voice-lederman-dies-age-79
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Manny Pacquiao Vs. Keith Thurman: Why It Will Be Pac-Man's Greatest Win Or A Hard-To-Watch Defeat

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2019/05/12/manny-pacquiao-vs-keith-thurman-why-it-will-be-pac-mans-greatest-win-or-a-hard-to-watch-defeat/#7aa238c74c43

Quote:
It's official. Filipino Legend and current secondary WBA Welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao will face WBA World champ Keith Thurman on July 20. It's a megafight for Premier Boxing Champions, and it will undoubtedly be on pay-per-view. It's also a huge bout for Pacquiao's career, and it will almost certainly be one of his most memorable ones.

If at 40 years old, Pacquiao can engineer an upset win over Thurman, a world champion who is bigger, stronger and ten years his junior, it will become arguably the most significant win of his career. I'm not implying Thurman is a better fighter than Marco Antonio Barrera, Erik Morales, Juan Manuel Marquez, Oscar De La Hoya, Miguel Cotto or any of the other Hall-of-Famers Pacquiao has defeated in his illustrious career. What I am saying is that under these circumstances with the age and size disadvantages, Pacquiao won't have a more impressive victory on his resume.

Thurman didn't look spectacular in his last fight against Josesito Lopez in January. He began strong showing off his signature speed and punching power, but Thurman wilted a bit down the stretch. After being dropped in the second round, Lopez had Thurman visibly hurt in the seventh. Thurman was able to rebound, but it wasn't an inspiring performance. That may be the reason Pacquiao's team picked Thurman over Danny Garcia, who looked spectacular smashing Adrian Granados earlier this month.

Even though Thurman looked vulnerable in his last fight, oddsmakers will almost certainly favor him over Pacquiao. If Pacquiao can come in as the underdog and unify the WBA titles, it would be one of the more improbable sports achievements of the year.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

I haven't bought a PPV in quite some time. I'll buy Pacquiao vs Thruman because I know Manny will bring it. I give him a shot against Thurman. Keith doesn't seem to have the same fire, want it, he use to.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

Man, I love PacMan, glad he beat Broner (Mattisse was done as a boxer) but Thurman is better than Broner. Cautiously optimistic cause I'm a PacMan fan
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I haven't bought a PPV in quite some time. I'll buy Pacquiao vs Thruman because I know Manny will bring it. I give him a shot against Thurman. Keith doesn't seem to have the same fire, want it, he use to.

If Keith does not have good stamina or desire in this fight, I can see Pac taking him out late tbh via TKO. However, Keith can also win by KO/TKO, which scares me a bit for Pac in this fight since he is one of my favorite fighters.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject:

whats up with Deontay Wilder always talking about wanting to end someones life in the ring? I recall him taking heat a while back for similar idiotic comments.....and now I see he is doing it again?

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/26763710/wilder-rebuked-wbc-breazeale-comments
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:39 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
whats up with Deontay Wilder always talking about wanting to end someones life in the ring? I recall him taking heat a while back for similar idiotic comments.....and now I see he is doing it again?

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/26763710/wilder-rebuked-wbc-breazeale-comments

Promotion
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Wilder fought like a damn idiot against Fury, but I'll be watching his fight on Saturday night. Hopefully, they can make the AJ fight happen sooner, rather than later.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Promotion

it is just too far....it is a very dangerous sport, an spouting about how your goal it to get a body is just gross in my opinion. Also, I have read multiple claims where he could cause himself some issues if it ever happened. It would always be difficult to prove in court that a boxer was trying to injure or kill a person as opposed to beat a person for the win....but his words could make it a little easier.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 465, 466, 467 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 466 of 514
Jump to: