THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1547, 1548, 1549 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
America shows a sick reverence for military personnel. I get the sacrifice but its not some foolproof badge of honor.

hyperresponsive amygdala was the thought process I googled

I think they are so full of Fear of Others that they want people who are willing to
Kill their fears

I think Pete can do this for them differently - getting them to be more accepting.. .. *Odd thought crossed my mind..
I do not know much about same gender marriage but Could Pete be the Female/Wife/Mother side?
His aura is peaceful.. more so found in females imho

One thing I love about him.. To me, He is a visual cross/morph between
Mr Bean and Mister Rogers

Pete speaks of his Military Career and his choice to Volunteer for the Military *After his experience volunteering for Obamas 2012 campaign.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/17/politics/buttigieg-military-service-2020/index.html
Quote:
"It helps me demonstrate the difference between how I'm oriented and how the current President is," Buttigieg said in an interview here Thursday about his military service. "We responded to the country's call to serve in very different ways."
Yet Buttigieg rarely reveals that his path to the military actually came from a presidential race. As a volunteer for Barack Obama's campaign in Iowa 12 years ago, he said he felt guilty that so many young people in rural communities were signing up for the Army or National Guard.
"I might have dragged my feet on it forever if I hadn't had that experience in Iowa and just realizing that some communities were almost emptying out their youth in the military and some were barely serving at all," Buttigieg told CNN. "And I wanted to be on the right side of that gap."
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:
focus wrote:
So for the other candidates in the field with better judgment - you see them as more than a hero? Which?

Her hero status in my book is why I will never question her character. But I don't consider war experience a prerequisite for President.

Her past shows she has a knack for breaking from the party and being behind issues. And I think the Democratic party is focused on unity and trending more progressive (being ahead of the issues). She's a bad fit.
So that puts her at the bottom. The group of Dem candidates on the bottom of my list are the ones that can't answer "why should you specifically be President?". Alot of candidates haven't shown why they are uniquely qualified to lead our country now.

I am respectful of military service, especially in war time. But it doesn't impute good character. Lots of unsavory people join the military, just as they do other walks of life. And some people join for the job and the benefits, and get thrust into war. It's not really a true revelation of character either way really, beyond some contexts.

Larry David's take on "thank you for your service"

Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
America shows a sick reverence for military personnel. I get the sacrifice but its not some foolproof badge of honor.

If service was compulsory as it is in other countries, the sick reverence would evaporate I think.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
The great Fran Lebowitz:

The Guardian / Fran Lebowitz: 'You do not know anyone as stupid as Donald Trump'

Quote:
Echoing the reported opinion of former US secretary of state Rex Tillerson, Lebowitz thinks the biggest danger of Trump is that he is a moron. “Everyone says he is crazy – which maybe he is – but the scarier thing about him is that he is stupid. You do not know anyone as stupid as Donald Trump. You just don’t.

And this gem really boils it all down:

Quote:
Lebowitz believes naked racism is behind Trump’s election. “He allowed people to express their racism and bigotry in a way that they haven’t been able to in quite a while and they really love him for that. It’s a shocking thing to realise people love their hatred more than they care about their own actual lives. The hatred – what is that about? It’s a fear of your own weakness.”

Given the opportunity I would marry Fran Lebowitz or Rachel Maddow. And they would both divorce me for being too good of a listener (among other things).
I could listen to their opinions all day every day and twice on Sundays.
Fran was fantastic on Bill Maher as well. And the Republicans complaining about what she said about the Saudis and Trump should take a long look in the mirror and then read what Jamal Khashoggi's wife had to say recently.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
The great Fran Lebowitz:

The Guardian / Fran Lebowitz: 'You do not know anyone as stupid as Donald Trump'

Quote:
Echoing the reported opinion of former US secretary of state Rex Tillerson, Lebowitz thinks the biggest danger of Trump is that he is a moron. “Everyone says he is crazy – which maybe he is – but the scarier thing about him is that he is stupid. You do not know anyone as stupid as Donald Trump. You just don’t.

And this gem really boils it all down:

Quote:
Lebowitz believes naked racism is behind Trump’s election. “He allowed people to express their racism and bigotry in a way that they haven’t been able to in quite a while and they really love him for that. It’s a shocking thing to realise people love their hatred more than they care about their own actual lives. The hatred – what is that about? It’s a fear of your own weakness.”

Given the opportunity I would marry Fran Lebowitz or Rachel Maddow. And they would both divorce me for being too good of a listener (among other things).
Fran was fantastic on Bill Maher as well. And the Republicans complaining about what she said about the Saudis and Trump should take a long look in the mirror and then read what Jamal Khashoggi's wife had to say recently.

You do realize they both have same sex partners don't you?

I'm in favor of the poster who said impeach close to election. The dirty laundry aired may sway on the fence voters.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

You do realize they both have same sex partner don't you?

I'm in favor of the poster who said impeach close to election. The dirty laundry aired may sway on the fence voters.

First time I read that I didn't see the "s" at the end of partner. Entirely different meaning! I couldn't tell if you meant they were dating each other or were part of a regular threesome!
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:

First time I read that I didn't see the "s" at the end of partner. Entirely different meaning! I couldn't tell if you meant they were dating each other or were part of a regular threesome!

I have to admit I just searched their dating situations
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:

That's why I said "among other things" and "given the opportunity". Joking aside. I am enamored with how plainly they speak the truth. In a period of time where the truth is attacked so strongly. They are refreshing.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:

That's why I said "among other things" and "given the opportunity". Joking aside. I am enamored with how plainly they speak the truth. In a period of time where the truth is attacked so strongly. They are refreshing.

Thought you might appreciate seeing what the future Mrs Kikanga used to look like in her blond haired days:

Mrs Kikanga
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Thought you might appreciate seeing what the future Mrs Kikanga used to look like in her blond haired days:

Mrs Kikanga

I wish!
Beauty fades. It's all about what's between the ears.
Real talk. I loved Maya Angelou too. No shame in my game.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Mrs Kikanga

reminds me of peyton manning a little bit
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject:

The Political Thread . . . the Game of Thrones thread . . .the Political Thread . . . the Game of Thrones thread . . .

The Political Thread it is

[SPOILER ALERT]

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Mrs Kikanga

I wish!

And behind the bosom *Her heart

A real Beauty Pageant would just be listening to Women
Share their heart and mind
Put them behind a curtain for all I care lol
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
An REO, or “real estate owned,” refers to a kind of property owned by a lender, like a bank, after a foreclosure. An Oreo is a kind of delicious sandwich cookie.

In a House Financial Services Committee hearing on Tuesday morning, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson mixed the two terms up.

Rep. Katie Porter, D-Calif., was attempting to ask Secretary Carson about disparities in REO rates. According to Porter, Federal Housing Administration loans have far more properties that become real estate owned, than other loans from Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.

“I would also like to ask you to get back to me, if you don’t mind, to explain the disparity in REO rates. Do you know what an REO is?” asked the congresswoman.

“An Oreo…” replied Carson.

“R, no not an Oreo. An R-E-O.” shot back Porter.

“Real estate?” asked Carson.

“What’s the O stand for?” said Porter.

“E-organization?” asked Carson.

REO. Whut? Oreo?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I have to admit I just searched their dating situations

Damn! Leave off a s and start a dialog!

BTW Aussie left the s off, My post had partners.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue May 21, 2019 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Mrs Kikanga

I wish!

That's a point I made in The Women We Love thread.

VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
An REO, or “real estate owned,” refers to a kind of property owned by a lender, like a bank, after a foreclosure. An Oreo is a kind of delicious sandwich cookie.

In a House Financial Services Committee hearing on Tuesday morning, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson mixed the two terms up.

Rep. Katie Porter, D-Calif., was attempting to ask Secretary Carson about disparities in REO rates. According to Porter, Federal Housing Administration loans have far more properties that become real estate owned, than other loans from Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.

“I would also like to ask you to get back to me, if you don’t mind, to explain the disparity in REO rates. Do you know what an REO is?” asked the congresswoman.

REO. Whut? Oreo?

he's a real smart azz...he needs to be witch slapped on the back of the head real hard to correct that bad attitude
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
The Political Thread . . . the Game of Thrones thread . . .the Political Thread . . . the Game of Thrones thread . . .

[SPOILER ALERT]

I did not know it was about dragons I guess I live in a cave
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:

REO. Whut? Oreo?

he's a real smart azz...he needs to be witch slapped on the back of the head real hard to correct that bad attitude

Sadly he wasn't being a smart arse. He really had no clue what she was talking about. The Secretary of HUD doesn't understand foreclosure. All part of the Trump government neutering protocol.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:

REO. Whut? Oreo?

Sadly he wasn't being a smart arse. He really had no clue what she was talking about. The Secretary of HUD doesn't understand foreclosure. All part of the Trump government neutering protocol.

I understand that he knows nothing about HUD and housing but he was still being a smart azz like none of it mattered...he doesn't answer to Democrats...only trump
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject:

trump is going to pardon some of our so called heros...

Fox News Host Pete Hegseth Privately Lobbied Trump to Pardon Accused War Criminals
The president isn’t just watching the network, he’s taking policy advice from its morning hosts.

The Know Nothings get their advice from people who no nothing...let's just say if this petey the wannabe hero was on fire and I had to urinate he would still be on fire
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:
focus wrote:
So for the other candidates in the field with better judgment - you see them as more than a hero? Which?

Her hero status in my book is why I will never question her character. But I don't consider war experience a prerequisite for President.

Her past shows she has a knack for breaking from the party and being behind issues. And I think the Democratic party is focused on unity and trending more progressive (being ahead of the issues). She's a bad fit.
So that puts her at the bottom. The group of Dem candidates on the bottom of my list are the ones that can't answer "why should you specifically be President?". Alot of candidates haven't shown why they are uniquely qualified to lead our country now.

I am respectful of military service, especially in war time. But it doesn't impute good character. Lots of unsavory people join the military, just as they do other walks of life. And some people join for the job and the benefits, and get thrust into war. It's not really a true revelation of character either way really, beyond some contexts.

Deleted post about Trump pardons since VicX just beat me to it. But here's a NYT article about it https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/18/us/trump-pardons-war-crimes.html
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:

[SPOILER ALERT]

Darn good clip.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Under mounting pressure from House Democrats, Pelosi to hold closed-door impeachment meeting

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/mounting-pressure-pelosi-hold-emergency-impeachment-meeting-wednesday/story?id=63178175
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
ribeye wrote:

[SPOILER ALERT]

Darn good clip.

Yep, but they're wrong about Dany though.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1547, 1548, 1549 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1548 of 3663
Jump to: