Trade or Keep Laker’s 4th Pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Lakers 4th Pick - Keep or Trade?
Keep & draft prospect
29%
 29%  [ 60 ]
Trade in package for AD
50%
 50%  [ 103 ]
Trade in package for Bradley Beal
9%
 9%  [ 20 ]
Trade in package for someone else
9%
 9%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 202

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
No chance they're keeping it.

Good chance you are correct. It better be for someone at AD or Beal level.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject:

What could a Beal deal look like?

#4, Kuzma, Hart, another pick?

#4, Ingram, ???

How to match salary - would it need to be a 3 team maybe?

I doubt an AD deal is happening.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:

#4, Ingram, ???

It will be something like that imo. #4, 1 of BI/Lonzo/Kuz, other future pick.

Something to note:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1129396797242261504?s=21
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
Are we underestimating what a healthy Lakers team with a team of Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Bron, Max FA, #4 draft pick, quality shooters and defensive players can do?

There are honestly so many good FAs this year. We don't need to sit here and beg the Pelicans to trade with us. If they don't want to, then lets move on. They were a worse team than us last year.

If I'm management I let the Pelicans fleece NYK. Trading away multiple young pieces is what got us in this mess. DLo and Randle are both 20+ ppg scorer on other teams. Let's not repeat our mistake with Kuz and Ingram. Both will be good. They are both under 23 years old and averaging 18 ppg right now. Focus on adding one high level FA then filling the team with shooters and good role players. We've got the talent. Just need to stay healthy and get good leadership.

That is a team that hasn't yet existed. Lonzo has not been healthy his first 2 seasons, BI missed a lot of time and now has a very concerning medical condition, LBJ is at a stage where his workload needs to be managed, Kuzma has major holes in his game - MOST OF ALL - BI/Kuz/Lonzo are still unknown quantities.

DLO & Randle are solid NBA players. You do not win in the NBA with solid players - you win with Superstars and transformational players. The other guys you fill in with.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Vin wrote:
No chance they're keeping it.

Good chance you are correct. It better be for someone at AD or Beal level.

More like no chance they WANT to keep it.

If they can’t get a good deal, they aren’t going to waive it or just give it away for nothing.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

#4, BI and Hart for #9 and Beal. Do it Pelinka!

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:

#4, Ingram, ???

Beal should be one of the last options and only if there's a very favorable Lakers deal. If not, no thanks.

While Beal's pretty good offensively , defensively he's a total turnstile.

Of 250 NBA players that played 20+ minutes per game last year, Bradley Beal's defensive rating was 233rd.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
Are we underestimating what a healthy Lakers team with a team of Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Bron, Max FA, #4 draft pick, quality shooters and defensive players can do?

There are honestly so many good FAs this year. We don't need to sit here and beg the Pelicans to trade with us. If they don't want to, then lets move on. They were a worse team than us last year.

If I'm management I let the Pelicans fleece NYK. Trading away multiple young pieces is what got us in this mess. DLo and Randle are both 20+ ppg scorer on other teams. Let's not repeat our mistake with Kuz and Ingram. Both will be good. They are both under 23 years old and averaging 18 ppg right now. Focus on adding one high level FA then filling the team with shooters and good role players. We've got the talent. Just need to stay healthy and get good leadership.

That is a team that hasn't yet existed. Lonzo has not been healthy his first 2 seasons, BI missed a lot of time and now has a very concerning medical condition, LBJ is at a stage where his workload needs to be managed, Kuzma has major holes in his game - MOST OF ALL - BI/Kuz/Lonzo are still unknown quantities.

DLO & Randle are solid NBA players. You do not win in the NBA with solid players - you win with Superstars and transformational players. The other guys you fill in with.

Or you try and do both and still don't make the playoffs. Or you get an older star but can't get the 2nd one to come and you still don't make the playoffs.

If they had a solid plan to go with youth and free agents that fit, they could have been a team like Portland or Denver.

It's their team, they probably don't care about getting any playoff revenue.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

#4, Ingram, ???

Beal should be one of the last options and only if there's a very favorable Lakers deal. If not, no thanks.

While Beal's pretty good offensively , defensively he's a total turnstile.

Of 250 NBA players that played 20+ minutes per game last year, Bradley Beal's defensive rating was 233rd.

Well hopefully Kurt Rambis can lead the Lakers to sign a star FA. If AD’s off the table, options to improve the team looking slimmer.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:

One all star player that could shoot that we actually could have used needed this year traded:check
One young talent that could handle the ball and drive inside now balling it up for the pelicans:check
One young center gone across next door who played in the playoffs this year. ESP with having shaqtin the fool here but we Traded for a bag of imitation off brand Doritos:check
Another center helping his team in the playoffs that can space the floor brook Lopez gone:check

Now for the real deal get rid of the rest of the youth core for two injury prone all stars to play with our other star and see if they can win a ring 3 vs 5?
Is that suppose to be magical? Magic is that you?
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:

One all star player that could shoot that we actually could have used needed this year traded:check
One young talent that could handle the ball and drive inside now balling it up for the pelicans:check
One young center gone across next door who played in the playoffs this year. ESP with having shaqtin the fool here but we Traded for a bag of imitation off brand Doritos:check
Another center helping his team in the playoffs that can space the floor brook Lopez gone:check

Now for the real deal get rid of the rest of the youth core for two injury prone all stars to play with our other star and see if they can win a ring 3 vs 5?
Is that suppose to be magical? Magic is that you?

Yes, your Los Angeles Lakers dumpster fire. Yeah
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:

#4, Ingram, ???

I'm honestly not sure what Beal would cost. If there isn't much of a market for him I could see it costing less than that.

It makes no sense for Washington to have a player his caliber on that roster at this point in time, especially with the money he costs. It benefits them just as much to dump him as it might for another team to take him on.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

#4, Ingram, ???

I'm honestly not sure what Beal would cost. If there isn't much of a market for him I could see it costing less than that.

It makes no sense for Washington to have a player his caliber on that roster at this point in time, especially with the money he costs. It benefits them just as much to dump him as it might for another team to take him on.

Beals salary alone for matching purposes is higher than AD's. We would have to give the 4 (~ 7 mil), Lonzo (~7 mil), BI (~7 mil), plus more to get close to his 27 mil salary I believe. HEEEEEELLLLLLL no
dontbreakmyballz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Draft DeAndre Hunter, hopefully sign Kawhi, and aee if you can get AD in FA next year. Let's be real NO isn't trading AD to the Lakers.
Flatlyner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject:

I agree. Draft one of Hunter/Garland/Culver, sign Kemba Walker (a great shooter/scorer who won't cost us trading some of our youth away) and see what happens. Worst case, we are much better next season.
allNet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject:

I initially voted to just trade the pick for AD but after combing through a lot of the vids on the prospects I don't consider #4 pick an throw-away asset anymore. Darius Garland is looking to me like a legit blue-chip prospect. A shooter that can get off his shots with his type of hesitations and suddenness is too valuable.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject:

dontbreakmyballz wrote:
Draft DeAndre Hunter, hopefully sign Kawhi, and aee if you can get AD in FA next year. Let's be real NO isn't trading AD to the Lakers.

If we get kawai we don’t need anything else
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

I'm actually starting to really like Cam Reddish. His length (6'8), speed and ball handling are NBA ready. He needs to work on his decision making and become a consistent shooter but he can come in and get play great defense and score immediately.

Plus his upside is way higher than Hunter. I like Culver and White too.

If we're keeping the pick, I'd go Garland, Reddish, Culver, Hunter, White in that order
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
#4, BI and Hart for #9 and Beal. Do it Pelinka!

Pelinka probably would. He likes making us worse.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers want him they can sign Butler. He is out
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Don't we have a taller Hunter in BI?
pask
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:07 am    Post subject:

Do a Mayock.

Trade down a couple times:

- 8 & 10 from Atlanta
- 8 or 10 to Boston, or San Antonio, even Brooklyn or Minnessota for multiple picks (1st or early 2nd round)

If there is no clear cut projects, take the most chances possible
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:43 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:

BI is nowhere near the shooter Hunter is.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:53 am    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

BI is nowhere near the shooter Hunter is.

Lol Hunter is not a proven shooter. Low attempts
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject:

lakerfanaticPT wrote:

Beals salary alone for matching purposes is higher than AD's. We would have to give the 4 (~ 7 mil), Lonzo (~7 mil), BI (~7 mil), plus more to get close to his 27 mil salary I believe. HEEEEEELLLLLLL no

Because we are under cap and have space to absorb his salary, we don't have to match. We could trade him for a second round pick if Washington would do the deal.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: